Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2017 Moms!

1. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I am loving goldfish pretzels these days! They aren't as salty as normal pretzels.

@mrsbubbletea: my "dating" ultrasound isn't booked until April 6th - I am on the cancelation list but it is like torture.

2. Jennibenni

persimmon / 1005 posts

@MsMini: How far along will you be? I hate that mine isn't until ten weeks!

3. Properpie

coffee bean / 30 posts

@Jennibenni: @MsMini: my first OB appointment (hoping I get a scan there) isn't until a 9w5d (I'm 8w today). It's torture. I've had no testing or anything (other than the 9-10 cheapie strips I peed on at home). Even my regular doctor didn't do any pregnancy test, just all the blood type, immunity etc ones!

4. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@MsMini: @Jennibenni: @Properpie: ugh waiting is so hard!!!!

5. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

@Jennibenni: I will be around 9w 5d, give or take.

6. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@MsMini: I'm rather enjoying pretzel thins, they are crispy and obviously thinner then regular pretzels. My drink of choice is ginger ale with Gatorade ice cubes.

7. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

How do you stay hydrated when room temperature water tastes gross and only ice cold water tastes good? I have access to a water cooler at work but no ice (at least not easily or without looking insane and bringing an ice cube tray into the communal fridge)

8. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@snarkybiochemist: get a big ol hydroflask! The ice stays in those forever.

9. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Lurking on this board but I highly recommend getting a Yeti tumbler. I can put a bunch of ice in there at 6 am and refill it with water all day and there is still ice by 4 pm.
    Totally worth the $40!

10. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: @mrsbubbletea: thanks for the suggestions, I might have to stop being so cheap

11. SugarMaple

cherry / 202 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I second getting a Yeti!

12. Jennibenni

persimmon / 1005 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Get an Rtic, they are just as good and like $10. I know they have them at Walmart, not sure where else. Seriously, I have both and functionally they're the same.

13. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Jennibenni: thanks

14. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: good luck this morning!

15. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Thinking of you this morning!

I'm obviously bowing out of this thread, but will check on you girls all the time. I'm so excited for you. Thanks for keeping me company through this recent pregnancy. Your support has been everything.

16. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: thanks I just left 1 appropriately sized sack in my uterus I go back next Friday for another scan.

17. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Sounds as good as expected!

My nausea is starting today! Not sure if its that, or just because of the headache I went to sleep with and is still there this morning

18. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@knittylady: always thinking of you, mama.

19. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@knittylady: thanks
    thinking of you too
    @mrsbubbletea: yup right now all I want are normal routine visits with everything doing what its supposed to do

20. LibbyLou

kiwi / 739 posts

Have been hesitant to join because I didn't want to have to leave but we heard an early heartbeat today so here I am!

EDD: 11/14

Who have you told: Husband, RE, mom and sisters

Symptoms: really minimal. Kinda queasy if I don't eat every 2-3 hours but small snacks hold it off. Feeling normal in every other regard!
    Excited to finally be at this milestone!! I go back in two weeks for another check and to be discharged to my OB

21. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@LibbyLou: that's so awesome! Congratulations and welcome

22. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@LibbyLou: welcome
    Early pregnancy is super nerve wracking

23. LibbyLou

kiwi / 739 posts

@mrsbubbletea: @snarkybiochemist: thank you!

24. chenergized

olive / 55 posts

@libbylou: welcome! and congrats you're due 1 day after me!

I had my appointment on Wednesday and we saw the heartbeat! Baby was at 6w2d at my appointment, and it lines up correctly with conception dates, so I think we're okay. My cycles can be really long, which is why we all thought I was much farther along. The doctor wants us to go back in 2 weeks for another ultrasound.

Other than that, I've started feeling some nausea, typically in the afternoon. Right on time, I suppose!

25. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

My grocery cart looked stereotypical pregnant, ginger ale, ginger cookies, pretzels, gatorade, all I needed were pickles

26. Properpie

coffee bean / 30 posts

Welcome and congrats to everyone who has had positive appointment this week.
    I'm having a bit of a freak out. I just generally feel like I haven't been sick 'enough' or tired 'enough'. And I've had heaps of (mostly light) cramping. No spotting or bleeding. But today the cramping/tightness has definitely been more on my right side than my left. It feels like it's right on top of my hip. I really really need to step away from Google but I'm freaking out.

27. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Properpie: I'm sorry, can you get in touch with your doctor?

28. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@Properpie: not
    To be the ghost of Christmas future but I'd call and get checked out for peace of mind. Better to feel like a squeaky wheel then the alternative.

ETA: I brushed off my pain because it was in my lower back like the top of my hip in the back. I wish I hadn't.

29. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@Properpie: I feel bad for what I wrote - I want to clarify that the chances of it being ectopic are so so small. I guess what I meant to say is that that chance is tiny, but still worth getting checked out. Thinking of you.

30. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

@LibbyLou: congratulations and welcome!

@chenergized: yay for hearing the heartbeat! That is such a huge moment.

31. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

I'm trying so hard with the natural remedies but nausea is just making me feel awful and while I'm not throwing up it's just going to get worse. My doctor on Friday have me a sample and a prescription for diclegis and I should just take it right?

32. KNS

cherry / 136 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Yes, take it. I started puking daily at 5 weeks this pregnancy and had lost a ton of weight in the next month before I went to my first apt where i got diclegis. It was a total life saver and I was on it until about 19 weeks. I didn't take anything my first pregnancy as diclegis wasn't an option then and I was super miserable, none of the remedies that people suggested worked.

33. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@KNS: Thank you. For some reason my brain was suggesting that I just tough it out longer until I actually started puking.

34. Jennibenni

persimmon / 1005 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I think nausea is just as awful as puking. My first pregnancy I had severe morning sickness and threw up multiple times a day, every day, until 14ish weeks. This time I've only thrown up three times so far but the nausea is still miserable. Ugh.

35. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

@snarkybiochemist: yes! Take it. Diclectin is my best friend! I haven't even thrown up this time but I am very proactive on the diclectin and I really notice when I miss it. It will make you drowsy but drowsy is MUCH better than nauseous.

36. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Jennibenni: @MsMini: I took it last night and have now woken up at 3am feeling both tired and awake and also nauseated. My doctor told me it could take a week or so to work fully so I'll keep taking it but this kind of sucks. How long did it take to work for you?

37. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

@snarkybiochemist: You know, I can't exactly remember but at least the Canadian version is delayed onset so it doesn't really kick in for around 8 hours.

38. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@Properpie: I've been thinking of you. I'm hoping you had gas and have been too busy to update!

Sincerely, an internet stranger who is thinking of you.

39. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@MsMini: I know it's extended release here in the US so I wouldn't be surprised if it took a bit to work.

40. Properpie

coffee bean / 30 posts

@knittylady: thanks for checking in and please don't feel bad for your first response. It's certainly what I was fearing at the time.
    I think I really just freaked myself out way too much, and have come back online after banning myself from internet searches for a couple of days. I'm still not sure what the twinges and cramps I had the other day were, but it's not been consistent at all and I'm starting to recognize that I feel it most with certain movements. I've saved my OB number into my phone (even though I haven't had my initial appointment with them yet) and will call immediately if I'm feeling uncomfortable and distressed again. I do feel like the weekend was at least a fair portion me just freaking out and getting super worked up more than actually being in any pain.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee