Login/Register

November 2017 Moms!

1. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: thanks
    @knittylady: good luck today, I hope everything goes well

2. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

I really wish napping were acceptable at work and that I could find a food that actually sounded good. Crackers are only so helpful.

3. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

I am trying to just live in the moment this pregnancy and enjoy every week for what it is, but jeez I wish I could fast forward to after my scan! I am so nervous that they will scan and nothing will be there or it will be behind. I am just barely 5 weeks so I think I have 3 weeks to go! I haven't even made the appt yet because I feel a little superstitious about it. I know, ridiculous.

4. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

Ok I made an appt for April 10! Ill be almost 8 weeks. Is that when most of you guys get your first appt? I think last time I remember they did a phone appt and then the regular one at 8 weeks. I avoided the phone appt this time, by just telling them I am pregnant and need my next appt, rather than going through the whole thing like I don't know anything.

5. Jennibenni

persimmon / 1005 posts

@mrsbubbletea: My first ultrasound with my first pregnancy was around 8 weeks, but this time it isn't scheduled until 10 weeks, which I'm not crazy about.

6. Shopoholicmom

olive / 57 posts

Good luck to everyone with appts/blood draws/ultrasounds this week! I had my intake appt on Monday but they couldn't fit me in for an ultrasound until next week. More waiting!

7. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrsbubbletea: Seeing an RE will spoil me, I think I will have my first ultrasound around 6-7 weeks

8. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I think you deserve to be spoiled a little bit in terms of this pregnancy and your experiences ttc!

9. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrsbubbletea: Thanks if only my body got that idea and gave me an easy time, nausea starting early does not bode well for me in the future.

10. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

Knittylady asked me to update here - unfortunately her news at her today was not good. The pregnancy is ectopic and she is undergoing surgery today. I'm so sad for her

11. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@winniebee: oh no! I'm so sorry to hear. I know she was worried about an ectopic but I can't believe that's the case.
    Thinking of her

12. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@winniebee: Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear this. Thinking of her and sending good thoughts.

13. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@winniebee: oh no! Not the news we were all hoping for. Hope she's ok.

14. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@winniebee: Thanks for the update. So sad for her

@mrsbubbletea: I'm in the same boat. My first appointment and ultrasound is just before 8 weeks as well. At my OB office they will see you as early as 7 weeks. Before 6 weeks they usually wouldn't see a heartbeat so I think they give a little buffer to that for dating, plus a 7 week ultrasound is very highly correlated with accurate dating so they can potentially confirm your dates. Last pregnancy I didn't get there till 9 weeks and yeah, they saw an underdeveloped fetus I'm dreading that possibly happening again and just hoping the next 2 weeks hurry up and pass so I can see.

15. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@winniebee: Oh no, sorry to hear this. Sending love and hugs her way.

16. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@winniebee: thanks for updating. So sad to hear this news and shocked she was right!!

17. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@shellio: with my miscarriage, I started spotting the week before my appointment, and so I was almost 8 weeks, but baby had stopped growing at 6 weeks. I can't decide which would be better, to have worrying symptoms and have to make an extra earlier appt and find out that way, or to think everything is good and just find out at the scheduled appt! Who am I kidding, both are horrible. I need to stay positive.
    I can't remember if I was nauseous by this point with my son! And I know for sure my breasts were really sore and they aren't, but it could be because I am still breastfeeding maybe?? I don't have an aversion or anything and it's not painful, which is ridiculously worrying me. Sigh.

18. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

So my HCG is over 1000 and I have my first ultrasound Friday at 9am, this will be 5 +3 so I imagine I won't hear a heartbeat.

19. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: great news!

20. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: I'm nervous but excited

21. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: It's nerve-wracking but so exciting! I wouldn't expect to see much either but you never know!

22. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: My husband is trying to decide if its worth it for him to go, and all I can think is its way too early to hear a heart beat do you really want to watch another transvaginal

23. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Is there a reason they are doing it this week instead of waiting until after 6 weeks?

24. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: They do them once the HCG is over 1000 to check for location of the sack and then after six weeks for heartbeat

25. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: makes sense. I'd probably have him wait to go (if he has to take time off work) until the 6 week scan.

26. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: That's what I was leaning towards. I don't want to deny him any of this experience if he wants it but I also don't want to take over his life with appointments.

27. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Yes and you have 9 months of appointments coming up! Yay, haha.
    My husband went to my 8 week scan, 12 week scan, 15 week scan (for gender) and the anatomy scan. I had some additional ultrasounds just because I could never feel her move but he didn't go to those.

28. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: That is along the lines of what I was thinking, obviously seeing an RE I see a doctor a lot more in the beginning.
    I officially need to stay off the internet though because even though my doubling time is fine and my doctor is happy I keep freaking myself out seeing other people's numbers at the same dates I am. I am nervous having an ultrasound so early since I won't get reassurance from a heartbeat

29. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Yeah I wouldn't worry too much about it. Was your beta exactly 1,000 today? That seems normal for 5+1.

30. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: 1059 at 5+1

31. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I'm sure you've seen this, but Beta Base is awesome. You may be a bit lower than "average" but it looks just fine to me.
    http://www.betabase.info/chart/betaByDay/22/Single

32. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: Yup I've been lower then average the whole time so I'm not too concerned and charting right at normal/average on http://www.babymed.com/tools/hcg-calculator I am just driving myself nuts

33. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Yeah it's hard not to drive yourself crazy in the early days. At least you have the luxury of betas & early scans so you don't have to wait and wonder.

34. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: True I am well taken care of and monitored. Its very reassuring, until I get on the internet and then I go crazy.

35. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Yeah it won't stop either. Next you'll be Googling nub theory and then "why can't I feel movement at 17 weeks" and then "how can I get my baby to stop kicking me in the cervix" and finally "when the f#ck am I going to go into labor".

36. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: I'm sure, this is just welcoming me to the club really early. I wish I was my sister, who got pregnant easily and quickly and then had an easy pregnancy and didn't have to obsess over every number and scan and date

37. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Yeah a lot of the innocence of pregnancy is taken away when you go through infertility or losses. I was like your sister with my first but now there's no way. I worry about every single thing.

38. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: Its just hard and its hard to explain to people. I think my husband even thinks 'well you got pregnant that was the goal now you are fixed" and I don't want to scare him with what could go wrong and how I'm not fixed but it does leave me alone with my crazy.

39. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: It is lonely to be the only one that really understands. Getting pregnant is one hurdle, staying pregnant is another. Luckily, the odds are in your favor for having an uneventful and healthy pregnancy.

40. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: rationally I know this, emotionally is a different story

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee