Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2017 Moms!

1. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@snarkybiochemist: couldn't love this more!

2. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: I'm feeling much happier and it was a much better doubling time

3. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@knittylady: I'm feeling happy with it

4. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@snarkybiochemist:

5. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@knittylady: did you hear back from your beta today?

6. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrsbubbletea:
    I have to tell you guys because my husband has no idea what I'm going on about

7. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@mrskansas: not yet, any minute now. hoping it went down significantly so I can get this over with...

8. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@knittylady: I know the feeling. Thinking of you!

9. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

So beta was 8300 which isn't even in the 98 hour doubling time they want for after you're at 6000. Midwife said it's not hopeful but...

Ultrasound is scheduled for Wednesday. Hopefully we can figure this out.

10. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

Also I asked her if I should keep taking the progesterone and she said that's a grey area.... don't know what to do... I don't want to drag this out, but also don't want to shoot myself in the foot if there's a chance...

11. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@knittylady: I'm so sorry this is so hard and confusing.

12. Jennibenni

persimmon / 1005 posts

@knittylady: I'm sorry, limbo is so nervewracking. Why would you stop progesterone? Just to not have to deal with it or is there another downside? As a totally uninformed outsider it sounds like it might be a good idea to keep it up until you go to the next appointment?

13. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@knittylady: I don't think it would hurt to continue the supplements for another two days, just in case.
    What is the doubling time for your betas?

14. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Good news.

@knittylady: Hopefully you'll get some answers Wednesday.

No good news for me. My numbers went way down. I go for block work again Wednesday and back to my doctor Thursday. He said we can try again in 3 months.

15. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@ALV91711: sorry to hear this. Thinking of you.

16. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@knittylady: ugh.

17. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@ALV91711: I'm so sorry. For what it's worth I don't think all doctors agree with that timeline. For my losses before the 5 week mark I was told I could try tight away, and even my 8 week loss was told to just wait one cycle. I don't know if that's even info you need/want right now, but wanted to throw it out there.

18. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@Jennibenni: The reason I wouldn't want to continue the supplements is dragging out an inevitable loss. But it's been a while already so yeah, two more days isn't the worst..

@mrskansas: Not sure. After 6000 it's supposed to double every 96 hours I think and I believe this was a bit under that...

19. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@knittylady: I didn't think doubling was super predictable after that? Hopefully the scan shows you something!

20. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@knittylady: I agree with @Banana330:
    My doctor won't even do betas after the number exceeds 1,000 because it doesn't really tell you anything about the viability (unless it's going down of course)

21. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@Banana330: @mrskansas: Interesting.. I would be floored if it turned out this was viable, but good to know.

Ultrasound scheduled for 11am tomorrow and since DH is on nights this week he can come with me! (groggily)

22. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@knittylady: Good luck tomorrow

23. Jennibenni

persimmon / 1005 posts

@knittylady: Good luck! I hope it goes well, I'm glad your husband can go with you!

24. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@knittylady: so glad your husband can go with you.

25. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@ALV91711: I'm so sorry. I'll echo what @knittylady: says. My OB (she's in academics and their group seems to keep up very well with current literature) said I could try again right away after my recent miscarriage. She said old school teaching was to wait 3 months, some OBs prefer to say wait till after 1 period for dating purposes, but in most cases its not medically necessary to wait at all. She said that a big study published in the last year or two indicated that fertility is actually higher after a miscarriage (don't know for how long).

26. SugarMaple

cherry / 202 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Great news!

27. SugarMaple

cherry / 202 posts

@ALV91711: I'm so sorry.

28. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

Smells today that have turned my stomach: ethanol (I do research) chicken noodle soup, pineapple yogurt. Its really hard to be pregnant and not have people know but also be repulsed by smells.

29. SugarMaple

cherry / 202 posts

I just threw up for the second time at work today. I'm an elementary teacher, it's so awkward since I only have certain times of the day when I can go to the bathroom.
    I'm probably just complaining because I'm crabby today today. I do realize it could be much worse.

30. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

@ALV91711: I'm sorry 😔

31. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

@knittylady: my fingers are still crossed for you.

32. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

@SugarMaple: have you tried any medications to help? I know in the US you need to have it compounded but diclectin is a lifesaver for me. I have used it with each of my pregnancies but this one I have found the perfect balance where I haven't vomited once yet (which is so impressive after hyperemesis and severe morning sickness)

33. SugarMaple

cherry / 202 posts

@knittylady: I don't know much about betas to help, but it sounds like you believe it isn't going to work out. I'm sorry

34. chenergized

olive / 55 posts

Hello everyone! Excited to be here. I was originally over on the October board, but my EDD was pushed back to November, so here I am!

EDD: November 10

First child? Yes!

Any symptoms? Sore breasts, mild cramping, occasional fatigue, frequent urination. I've had some small bouts of nausea/lightheadedness here and there, but no vomiting.

Who have you told? Husband, our parents, SiL, and some close friends

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Excited and a little anxious. According to my LMP, I should have been 8 weeks along at my appointment, but when I went to my first appointment last Friday, the doctor said I was only measuring about 6 weeks. My cycles are usually quite long, anywhere from 32 - 39 days, so that might explain why I'm a bit earlier than expected. We're going back tomorrow to follow up.

35. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@chenergized: good luck tomorrow at your follow up

36. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@chenergized: welcome and good luck tomorrow.

37. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

@chenergized: welcome! Good luck on your follow up tomorrow!

38. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Thanks for the love ladies. Not really looking forward to going back to work tomorrow.

@shellio: @knittylady: I spoke with the early loss clinic today and they recommend waiting one cycle. We'll see how I'm feeling in the next few weeks. I don't really want to wait too long to try again.

@knittylady: Glad your DH can go with you. Fingers crossed for the ultrasound.

39. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: good luck with your beta today!

40. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@knittylady: thinking of you today! I hope you get some answers

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee