Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2017 Moms!

1. MomBrarian

pea / 18 posts

@mrsbubbletea: sorry you aren't feeling well - I feel that way off and on throughout the day too. I went shopping today too and definitely bought some strange things because they seemed really appealing at the time - I got canned vegetable soup (which I never eat!), loads of cheese even though I've been primarily dairy free for almost a year, and chocolate milk! What did you get?

2. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@MomBrarian: lol!!! I bought ramen noodles, two kinds of ice cream, pickles, and chips!!

3. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@shellio: So glad you had a good appointment!!

4. MomBrarian

pea / 18 posts

Tomorrow is my first scan - feeling equal parts excited and nervous. Have been super nauseous off and on all week which is slightly reassuring - but I won't feel 100% better til I see a bitty heartbeat tomorrow. Any good vibes would be much appreciated!

5. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@MomBrarian: good luck tomorrow!

6. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@MomBrarian: good luck tomorrow

7. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

Ok, so I picked up some b6 and unisom... and took it for the first time tonight. It's probably just a coincidence, but about an hour after I took it, instead of getting drowsy, I got like starving and jittery feeling, like I would imagine low blood sugar to feel! It's how I feel in the morning if I drink coffee after having a low protein breakfast. My nausea is totally gone (it hadn't left for a few days) and I just scarfed down two bowls of cereal. So that's a coincidence, right? Not a side effect from the b6?

8. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

And now I was just researching side effects of unisom and it says it can harm a baby if you are breastfeeding, now I feel bad since I still nurse my toddler! Ugh.

ETA I specifically looked it up on lactmed and I am not worried anymore, it's just more for potential drowsiness in the infant and I feel like a 35lb toddler can handle whatever passes from half a tab!

9. chenergized

olive / 55 posts

@MomBrarian: good luck at your scan!

@mrsbubbletea: I started taking B6 about a week and half ago, and it's been helping with nausea. Weird/funny thing: the day after I took the B6, I also scarfed down two bowls of cereal... hah.

10. chenergized

olive / 55 posts

I had an ultrasound yesterday! We saw the little nugget (nickname given by my SiL) wiggle and dance. It was the cutest thing; wiggled just like my husband. Heartbeat was 176. Looking pretty good.

New DD is November 11, give or take a few days.

11. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@chenergized: yay! Congrats on the ultrasound! And so funny about the cereal.

12. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@chenergized: Awesome news

13. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

My nausea was through the roof the last couple days. No vomiting but exhausted and super nauseous all day. I also had a weird grocery shopping trip @mrsbubbletea: I bought junk food that a barely ever eat and it's the only stuff I can stomach eating.

@MomBrarian: Good luck at your scan!

@chenergized: Congrats on a healthy scan!

14. MomBrarian

pea / 18 posts

Had a great scan - all looks good, dated me 11/25 (just one day passed my calculations) but they have me coming in for a full ultrasound dating scan next week! Thanks for all the well wishes!

15. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

Between the nausea and the fact that nothing sounds particularly good dinner has been a challenge lately. I feel bad for my husband who tonight was left figuring out dinner based on these comments "cheese could be good but it has to be melted b/c it tastes odd otherwise and no tomatoes b/c they are making my acid reflux go crazy, and I'm not really up for sauces" we finally settled on stromboli like things with the sauce on the side and filled with melted cheese

16. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@MomBrarian: great!

@snarkybiochemist: ugh thats so me.

17. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrsbubbletea: I am now trying to figure out an alternative to ham for Easter dinner next week

18. chenergized

olive / 55 posts

@MomBrarian: yay! that's wonderful news.

@snarkybiochemist: I totally feel you. I feel like I'm always hungry, but I don't seem to have an appetite. Whenever the husband asks me what I want to eat, I have no idea because nothing seems appealing to me.. yet I'm starving all the time...!

19. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@chenergized: That is me to a T I'm hungry nothing sounds particularly great but I know I need to eat and it just goes in a circle for forever

20. chenergized

olive / 55 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Ok, so I'm not crazy. When I do eat, I'm hungry again about 10 minutes after finishing the meal... I know you're growing, baby, but dang.

21. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@chenergized: Exactly at what point am I just overindulging

22. MomBrarian

pea / 18 posts

How is everyone's weekend going? My nausea has left me laid up for most of the day, I took a nap while my 2 LOs watched Daniel Tiger and through their dinner - so thankful for my DH. I was supposed to go out tomorrow but I just canceled because I am worried I'll feel like I did today.

23. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@MomBrarian: ugh that sounds brutal. Fortunately the b6/unisom is totally helping me! I haven't thrown up since I started them, and my nausea is relieved on and off throughout the day... which I can totally handle. It's so silly though, when I do feel nauseous I am like "ugh I feel so terrible hellllp" and when it goes away, I get panicky and think "omg. My symptoms are gone. Bad sign!" I am eating a ton, snacking on crackers all day, and lemon jolly ranchers. I feel like I am already gaining weight and probably rotting my teeth to boot! Oh I also bought a ginger supplement which seems to help as well.

I am glad I have work this weekend to distract me because my appt is looming in my mind. Monday at 230 pm!! I am so nervous.

24. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

I'm doing ok the diclegis really helps give me a few hours mid day totally nausea free. I even managed to make a nice dinner and dessert to celebrate our anniversary, it just had to be exactly what sounded good. I have another ultrasound tomorrow and if all goes well I'll be told to make an ob appt. I always get nervous before scans though even while I experience symptoms.

25. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrsbubbletea: good luck tomorrow, will you be having an ultrasound?

26. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I hope so! I kind of scheduled my appt in a different way so I hope that doesnt make a difference. Like with kaiser, usually when you are pregnant, they do this phone appt, but they basically assume you know nothing, and for some reason I was just annoyed and didnt want to do it. so I called and said I need to be seen this week for an appt for my pregnancy, since I know they see you from 7-12 weeks for first appt. I am sure it will be fine.

Happy anniversary! Glad you get at least partial relief and were able to celebrate!

27. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrsbubbletea: ah ok hopefully you get an ultrasound and everything goes well

28. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: good luck at your ultrasound today!

29. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: thanks it went awesome hb 160 baby measuring 7w5d

30. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@snarkybiochemist: great! I am about to wake up my son, take him to school, and go to my appt. so nervous! I am also a little discouraged by my hubby, he hasn't been as supportive as I would like. He's not great at texting but I wish he could just spend 30 seconds and say good luck or don't be scared or something. He texted back to something else I wrote (a cute pic of our son) but I wrote I am so nervous for my appt and he didn't say a word. Sigh.

31. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrsbubbletea: I'm sorry your husband isn't being as supportive as you want. That sucks.
    I hope your appt goes well and that you don't get too much hassle for setting up the initial appt without the phone call part. Hopefully your husband will get more involved

32. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@snarkybiochemist: heartbeat strong and measuring just about right! (2 days behind but I think that's ok). Turns out I still have to do the darn phone appt. They weren't able to set me up as a prenatal patient, this was like a bonus appt since I didn't schedule it appropriately (that I had to pay the copay for when normally all prenatal appointments are free). Oh well! I have some temporarily relief so I can't complain!

33. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrsbubbletea: Awesome news hearing the heartbeat is super reassuring. I am using the Ovia app and so far I like it.

I scheduled a regular prenatal for April 28th but I will see the RE both the 17th and possibly the 24th.

34. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrsbubbletea: I read that totally wrong, I read phone app instead of appt, hence the recomendation. Can you put it on speaker and do other things while they talk at you?

35. Shopoholicmom

olive / 57 posts

Had another heartbeat check today. Still going strong at 160-170. I'm 10 weeks today and since my insurance agreed to cover the MaterniT21, I went ahead and had blood drawn for that. I'm sure I'll be a wreck over the next week waiting for the results, but then again, when am I not a wreck this pregnancy?

Going back again next week for another listen of the heartbeat, because I'm neurotic

36. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Shopoholicmom: awesome news, will you find out the gender with the test?

37. Shopoholicmom

olive / 57 posts

@snarkybiochemist: No, we plan to be team green, as this is, hopefully, our last baby. I found out with our first 2 boys and thought it would be fun to be surprised. I 100% don't care what the gender is...I just want a healthy baby!

38. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Shopoholicmom: Sounds good I hope good results come in quick for you.

39. Jennibenni

persimmon / 1005 posts

I finally have my first appointment and ultrasound tomorrow at 10.5 weeks! I'm a little nervous but excited to finally go, as my first ultrasound with my first pregnancy was at 8 weeks.
    @Shopoholicmom: I hope you get good news from your blood test!

40. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@Shopoholicmom: we are gonna be team green too!

@Jennibenni: good luck!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee