Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2015 Moms!

1. Mrs. Oatmeal

blogger / honeydew / 7081 posts

@CarrieLouWho: That is strange! I know I had a week like that last week where I just couldn't do ANYTHING- I think I fell asleep at my desk at work for a brief minute. Hope you're feeling better!
    @hellobeeboston: usually after about 27/28 weeks they schedule it. I'm not having one this time; I have no risk factors and we check my sugars at every appointment, plus I had an awful reaction last time, so my midwife said we could skip it as long as I watched my sugar intake. Thrilled to avoid that awful sugar crash!

2. CarrieLouWho

persimmon / 1408 posts

@hellobeeboston @Mrs. Oatmeal: I feel like a different person today. Wednesday night - Saturday it was like I was a zombie. I couldn't walk around the house without being completely exhausted. Today - totally fine like nothing happened!

I'm doing my glucose test at 28 weeks.

3. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@carrielouwho: oh yay! Glad you are feeling better.

Anyone else with a "sore" hoo-ha? (Lol, but not). I had to ice it tonight. Didn't have this last time

4. Mrs. Oatmeal

@hellobeeboston: Hell yes. I honestly feel like I've been repetitively kicked in the crotch. Icepacks are my friend. Part of it is SPD pain, part of it is general pressure, and my midwives mentioned that its possible to get varicose veins...there.... Hopefully that's not the case!

5. Somebunny

cherry / 231 posts

@hellobeeboston: Yup. Especially after I've done more walking than usual. I didn't experience it last time either.

6. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@Somebunny: same. Weekends it's been worse. And lifting my toddler a lot isn't helping. @Mrs. Oatmeal: I think it may be the vein issue, eeek!!!!

7. babynumber1

persimmon / 1396 posts

I'm so behind on this thread!!! I'll revive the Q&A session from a few weeks ago!
    How far along: 26 weeks
    Total weight gain: around 15 pounds.
    Stretch marks: I get them super light then they disappear after baby.
    Names picked: I think we have settled on Madeline. Our 1st is Katherine so they flow really well. It came to me in a dream, thank God, because we were getting no where!
    Nursery theme/progress: We tend to just do colors- this time gray and pink.
    Birth plan: Repeat C Section.
    Are you taking classes: Not this time.
    How long are you taking off:
    Baby shower plans: My SIL is throwing us a very informal backyard BBQ to celebrate baby girl #2.
    Where did you register (or plan to register): Target for a few basics, carseat, etc.
    Milestones:
    Struggles: 3 year old tantrums mixed with pregnancy is a little daunting right now.
    What are you most fearful/concerned about: I am very, very afraid of our 3 year olds transition to a big sister, also caring for an infant and toddler at the same time. And Double Daycare. That scares the holy begusus out of me.
    What are you most excited about: A sweet new baby!
    What else is going on in your life (non-baby): Just fun summer stuff. We tend to be super active in the summer, I'm trying to remember to slow down and not over do it. We also have lots of projects to complete before baby arrives!

8. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@hellobeeboston: my OB wanted me to do it before my next appointment, which is at 26.5 weeks. I'm doing it at 25.5 weeks.

9. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@Mrs. Oatmeal: You're so lucky that you don't have to do the glucose test!!

@hellobeeboston: I got the slip for my second glucose test that I have to take before my next appointment. I'll be 25 weeks on Thursday. I had my first glucose test almost right away since I had GD with my first son. It really isn't as bad as it seems...just watching your carb/sugar intake (I don't eat a lot of sweets anyway), and monitoring your blood sugar 4x/day. The finger pricks were the worst of it all, but my GD was well controlled by diet and exercise. Everyone's body is different though.

@CarrieLouWho: Holy hell I hit a wall this weekend too! I got a nasty cold, and slept so much this weekend. I was so not prepared for that!

10. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@2PeasinaPod: @ChelseaRose: ok yeah. I need to go in the next 2-3 weeks for the 1-hr test I found out today.

@babynumber1: I love the name Madeline!!

11. kgbee

cherry / 237 posts

Found my first new stretch marks yesterday, at 24 weeks. I felt the ones from my previous pregnancy itch & stretch a while back, but these are definitely new!

12. CarrieLouWho

persimmon / 1408 posts

I'll start another Q&A thread to get some chatter going!

Do you have a theme for the nursery yet?
    How is the name game coming along?
    Are you having a shower or sprinkle?
    Anything new you're obsessing over?

13. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@CarrieLouWho: I was just thinking how quiet our thread always seems

Do you have a theme for the nursery yet? We're going with the same theme as LO1 - Safari! We are almost done with his big boy room, and that has a baseball theme since I love the Phillies and DH loves the Red Sox. Good thing they're relatively the same colors!

How is the name game coming along? Terrible...we have nothing. I mean, we have a few names, but we're so wishy washy about them. I can't stand the way DH's parents say our top name, and I won't be able to handle that for the rest of his life if they say it the way they say it today.

Are you having a shower or sprinkle? Having boy #2, so no shower or sprinkle here!

Anything new you're obsessing over? I have had a massive cold for the last week and a half. It started off just in my sinuses, then moved to my throat and chest, then it developed into double pink eye. Now it's just a whole lot of sinus pressure and a nasty cough. I'm just ready for it to go away! Other than that, I'm getting a little worried that baby hasn't moved a ton in the last day or two. I still feel him here or there, but nothing like how he was even just a week ago. I'm debating on whether to call the doctor.

14. CarrieLouWho

persimmon / 1408 posts

We are planning on doing the PBK Madras Plaid+Alligator. I ordered it though and I've talked myself out of keeping the bumper (no point if it's just for show) and the crib skirt is super plain. But I love the alligator, so now I'm searching for some options on Etsy. This is what I'm thinking for now -

https://www.etsy.com/listing/108324275/going-coastal-plaid-straight-crib-skirt?ref=favs_view_1

This is just a crib rail cover that I thought was super cute!
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/167667151/crib-rail-cover-made-to-match-babys?ref=favs_view_9

It's not. DH and I haven't talked about it in a while... I'm anticipating us not agreeing again, so now I'm avoiding it. I'm really ready to have a name picked out though. My vote is Preston Kelly (my maiden and MIL's maiden), DH wants Lucas Preston (I'm having a hard time bc I like family names and feel no connection to Lucas. It's okay, but I don't love it for my baby when we have better family options available).

My BFF's are hosting a sprinkle. Unfortunately my MIL is out of town at the end of July - mid-August so we can't have it until the last weekend in August. I'll be 38 weeks preggo

New diaper bag - I think I've settled on the JuJuBe BFF bc I really want a backpack. Shoulder bags slide off my arm all the time and lugging an infant carrier makes it worse.

New carseat? I am so waffling on this... our DD's carseat is fine, but super girly and I don't want to use it for DS. So I can't decide if I should get a whole new carseat (more $$$) or if I should get a new cover to replace what we have (less money). My concern is the safety - using another cover voids the warranty if we're in an accident. But would they really cause a problem? The main parts of the carseat aren't changing. Ugh - I am conflicted over this.

I've been eyeing these two - https://www.etsy.com/listing/196973041/infant-carseat-cover-baby-carseat-cover?ref=favs_view_12

https://www.etsy.com/listing/159429769/baby-car-seat-cover-infant-car-seat?ref=favs_view_17

15. CarrieLouWho

persimmon / 1408 posts

@2PeasinaPod: I had a stomach issue last week and the baby stopped moving as much. Had me super freaked out. I'd go ahead and call - it'll make you feel better!!!

16. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@CarrieLouWho: good idea! this is a quiet thread.

Sorta, not doing much of a theme. Navy accent wall with big brothers white furniture and crib. Need to find some fun art.

Terrible! Having such a hard time with baby boy #2.
    Are you having a shower or sprinkle? No. In fact I can barely think of anything to get for this baby. Totally set on clothes and gear. Maybe some new bottles and pump parts. Oh, perhaps a new baby tub since I hated ours before.

Not really? Worried about how to juggle two, and having a newborn again! Hoping this baby is as good as our son was, but thinking there is no way that can happen. A little worried about the cyst in his liver, but at our last apt it had gotten smaller, hopeful it will continue on that path.

@2PeasinaPod: that would both me too about the name pronunciation! We really have nothing. A couple strong middle name contenders but none for the first really
    I also had a day last week with very little movement which freaked me out. But then he got going again, not sure why?!

Anyone else STARVING all the time all of a sudden?! It's worst in the morning. I ate two fried eggs on a roll with cheese this morning, and had a big cup of tea with milk & sugar. Hungry an hour later. I gained 8 lbs this last month alone so I'm worried I'm going to gain too much!!

17. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@CarrieLouWho: @hellobeeboston: Thank you! I might give it the rest of today or at least until after I eat lunch to see if he's on the move anymore and then I'll call tomorrow.

@hellobeeboston: IT's the same with us! We have a few middle name contenders...both DH's first and middle name we're contemplating as a middle name, but just can't settle on a first name. I have a few that I really like, but DH vetoed them already. Charles is the one that is on both of our lists, but DH's parents pronounce it Chahlie. As if there is no R in Charlie, and it drives. me. insane. He said we shouldn't discount it on that issue alone, but I won't be able to handle it. LOL...and then there's the fact that both of my brothers will probably shorten it to Chuck, Chaz, or Chad, which would also annoy me

18. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@2PeasinaPod: lol, are they from Boston?! Must be!! Yeah, we love the name Charlie, but it's my best friends sons name, and he and my older son will be in the same class at school, etc, too close. We all call him Charch by the way, but it's a nn that's grown from when he was tiny.

19. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@hellobeeboston: And what's funny is that I'd be ok if they were from Boston, but they're not. They're from Philly! They don't drop the R in anything else!

I'm also a big fan of John, but DH thinks it's too plain and common. But look at all of the CEOs of companies....they're all Johns! Haha...

I am also starving all of the time. I just had a giant breakfast at 9 and I'm housing a yogurt because there's no way I could make it until noon for lunch. Which...has anyone tried Siggi's Icelandic Yogurt? It doesn't have quite the same bite as Greek Yogurt, but has a lot of the same benefits. More protein than sugar, and super filling!

20. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@2PeasinaPod: I love Siggi's!!! So yummy. I need to stock up on some of that actually. That should help to fill me up.

21. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@hellobeeboston: It's starting to make it's way into lots of grocery chains now too which makes me really excited! I used to only be able to find it at Wegman's!

22. chanzi

cherry / 233 posts

@hellobeeboston: I am eating a ton of food too! I gained 10 lbs in the last month and the midwife asked if I was trying... Haha, no, just eating when hungry... Last night I got up at 12:30 and had a bowl of cereal because I was hungry and had been awake for an hour.

DH painted E's big boy room on Sunday so we're making progress on moving him out of the nursery. Next is hanging and hemming the curtains.

We are pretty set on a girl's name and I thought we had a boy's name too, but then we started thinking about a few new ones and reconsidering an old contender, so... Halfway there, anyway?

No, nothing planned. DH is down with buying a toddler carrier once the new baby is out of the stretchy wrap an into our Boba though, and that's the biggest thing I want! Not even a special purchase for #2, poor baby. I did buy some additional cloth diaper stuff too since E is not potty training yet.

Not particularly! The heat, maybe? Ugh. I want to do fun stuff with E but don't even feel like going outside now.

23. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@CarrieLouWho: Thanks for coming up with some questions! Sorry I have been so quiet. I have been super busy at work and just busy in general.

No theme. It's eclectic with just fun, tasteful kid stuff. I think it'll turn out neat though. We're piecing it together little by little, which I think will help it to have an eclectic feel. We bought a dresser from IKEA, and crib is coming this week. I have a fun rug. A friend is making me some wall art - so sweet! And I'll probably get some more. It's shaping up pretty well!

Okay I guess. I think we are still going with Matthew, but we also like the name Joel. @2PeasinaPod: I like the name John. And you're right, there are a lot of John CEOs - a successful sounding name for sure.

2 showers, and maybe one mini brunch with church friends, but they are all super late. But they are the only times that worked for the hosts.

Baby movement. I've just never felt that much. I think it's a combo of things (first pregnancy, anterior placenta, long torso, calm baby, b/c of anterior placenta, my inability to sense some movements that are occurring, etc., etc.). My doc offers NSTs if I want to ease my mind (even though it is arguable that they aren't necessary, as I've felt no decrease in movement, just not much movement at all). I had one last week and everything was fine. All ultrasounds have been fine. Currently deciding whether to go to the one I have scheduled tomorrow. I just can't seem to get a handle on whether I should be worried or whether I am actually feeling a lot of movement and just not perceiving it as enough? I have a little kick counter thing, and have felt like 15 today, so that seems okay??? But most are so subtle, and I'm not having the experience you hear about (i.e. being kicked all the time with forceful kicks).

Also obsessing over showers. They're so late. And my friend shower happens to be when a number of my friends are on vacation (randomly have friends in Jamaica, China, and Italy that week). And my church friends decided to throw their own brunch, which is sooooo incredibly sweet, but now I'm worried not many will actually show up at my actual friend shower. I'll have family there too, but just so worried about it. I'm not an attention person, and I hate events like this. They stress me out, and now I'm even more stressed about it!

Also, my weight. 28.5 weeks and up 30 lbs total. YIKES! Working out a lot and eating right to try to hold it steady and keep weight gain under 40 lbs total.

Geeez, obsessing over a lot of things here.

24. kgbee

cherry / 237 posts

This kid will probably be in our room for a while, since neither my husband or I are willing to give up our offices yet. Our son's room has a giant dinosaur mural on two walls, and we'll probably move the baby in their with him eventually.

We've started talking about it, but most likely won't make a decision on names until after birth. We made a chart of names & associated personality traits for our son, and named him quite easily once he arrived; developing that list helped us figure things out a lot, so we'll probably do the same thing.

Probably there will be a playdate sprinkle thing with my mom friends in August or September? But nothing fancy or official. The shower for my first was long-distance because I live halfway across the country from my entire family. They all mailed us their favorite children's books, it was wonderful!!

Sense8 on Netflix. Raspberry lemonade. Purging junk from the house.

25. babynumber1

persimmon / 1396 posts

@2PeasinaPod: Try to drink a soda or juice and see if he gets moving. This LO always gets kicking after sugar or something cold. I love the name Charlie, but did laugh at your in laws pronunciation.

@CarrieLouWho: I Love Lucas and Preston. Either way they are super cute names. If we ended up having a boy it was going to be Lucas. And yes, I am starving all the time! I have to keep snacks on hand and work because i get so hungry.

@kgbee: I like your chart idea, that is interesting.

@mrscobee: We got an Ikea dresser for the nursery also. Its huge and kinda takes over the room. Oh well. I love all of the names you are considering!

Do you have a theme for the nursery yet? No theme. We have painted it gray and most of our stuff is pink, so anything gray and pink works.

How is the name game coming along? We have decided on Madeline as the first name, but are having trouble with a middle name. It needs to be short (1 syllable) and flowy. Any good suggestions?

Are you having a shower or sprinkle? We will be having a backyard BBQ with our close friends and family. Only about 25 people total. My SIL and BFF are hosting. The registry will definitely be short this time. New bottles, a RNP, and a carseat about do it.

Anything new you're obsessing over? How hot it is already. It should not be 97 in NC already! Holy swollen ankles!

26. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@babynumber1: Thanks! I like your name too! Madeline is a very pretty name! What about Madeline Grace or Madeline Rose? I'll try to think of more! That stinks that it is that hot already! Here it is very humid! Not sure how I'm going to make it 2.5 more months. Especially with co-workers who want to eat outside every day no matter what - guess I'll have to start telling them NO! ETA: Our IKEA dresser is pretty big too. Luckily we have tall ceilings, so it isn't looking too overwhelming. Did yours take forever to put together? Poor DH slaved away at ours for 2 whole evenings LOL!

27. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@mrscobee: Try not to stress over the showers. I know that it's hard, especially when you're in nesting mode, but you'll have time to sort through things. And though it stinks that a lot of your friends will be away during your friends shower, again...try not to worry too much about it. Whoever comes, will come. Whoever can't will send along their well wishes and maybe a gift to the host.

And as for baby movement, since you have an anterior placenta, it will definitely be hard to feel the hard kicks now. Towards the end, you'll start to feel them on the sides or in your ribs. As long as everything looks good on the scans, babe is ok!

@babynumber1: After I ate lunch, he perked up! Seriously kicking right in the middle, almost as if he heard me! So that definitely made me feel a lot better.

And very sweet name. How about Madeline Mae (Love how Maddie Mae flows) or Madeline Jane? I also love the name Grace and Rose like @mrscobee suggested!

28. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@2PeasinaPod: Thanks for the reassurance to all my obsessions! Much appreciated! Will try to keep those things in mind. Sometimes it helps to hear those points again even though I know them to be true! Still clicking my little button every time I feel a kick and up to 62 today. I'm realizing that maybe I am feeling enough, but they are just more subtle, so maybe I am writing them off as "not good enough" when they really are. I think the anterior placenta softens a lot of the blows, so it is easy to feel something small and tell myself "that doesn't count". Still hoping they get stronger soon! I may cancel my appointment tomorrow though if I'm feeling good in the morning...

Glad you are feeling more after lunch!!

I like Madeline Mae and Jane too! I had thought of those too right after posting Grace and Rose. We must be thinking alike!

29. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@mrscobee: I totally know what you mean about the movement. I'm use to this little guy feeling like he's literally scraping my insides out. So when I don't feel that, I panic. But in reality, he's been kicking all day, just really subtly, so I don't count them...and I totally should. The full kick where I just feel it in the inside but can't on the outside still totally counts as a kick!

30. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@2PeasinaPod: Wow! I can't imagine having that feeling. Virtually all of my kicks feel relatively subtle (scraping from inside out). I hope I don't have an anterior placenta on my next kid! I totally see what you are saying too though. If I was in your position, I would totally be analyzing everything and freaking out if I thought I noticed the type of movement had changed, even though since he is still moving, everything is probably totally fine!

31. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

@babynumber1: I was in NC last week for work, and I had to ditch my flats for flip flops because my feet got so swollen! It looked like I was baking bread in my shoes

We didn't plan on having one, but we got so many questions about it from family that we ended up deciding on a "moon and stars" theme in relatively gender neutral colors (gray and white, some sage green or navy). That being said, we haven't even begun to clean out the room yet, much less buy anything to decorate!

I think we have a name we both like, although we're keeping it under wraps at the moment - it was VERY difficult for DH and I to agree on a name, and I don't want to start second-guessing.

My MIL and SIL are throwing me a shower in mid-July (I'll be 32 weeks), and my mom, aunt, and sisters are flying in for it and staying with us - it should be a fun but stressful weekend!

All the house projects we need to do before LO gets here - and the fact that I managed to book up almost all of our weekends through mid-August with visitors or trips. It's definitely going to be a busy summer!

I've also been obsessing about baby movement, which sounds like a common theme! Just in the past week, I've started feeling really intense kicks - to the point where I can sometimes see my belly actually move. But then he'll be chill for hours at a time, and all I'll feel is a little flutter or two. So far I can't seem to pin the crazy kicks to any food or activity - I wish I could figure out what gets him going!

32. Mrs. Oatmeal

Do you have a theme for the nursery yet? Fish! It wasn't really planned, but we found these awesome fish decals for the wall, and so we're going with that. The walls will stay grey, and accent colours are aqua and yellow. Maybe some green also.

How is the name game coming along? Great! He'll be Maxwell Warren (Max)

Are you having a shower or sprinkle? It was briefly mentioned by my mom, but haven't heard anything since. So I think probably not.

Anything new you're obsessing over? Had a bit of a scare today (awful headache, seeing spots, high levels of proteins in my urine), but it ended up being totally fine. So I was briefly obsessing about high blood pressure.
    Can't think of anything else I'm obsessing over really...pretty chill right now!

33. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

Do you have a theme for the nursery yet? Nope. We haven't even started converting the room that will eventually be the nursery. We didn't have a theme for our first LO's room either.

How is the name game coming along? It's not. We haven't even talked about it and I haven't really spent any time looking at names.

Are you having a shower or sprinkle? I don't think so, but maybe a small one with my mom friends. We are having a second boy and during the same season as the first one was born.

Anything new you're obsessing over? I'm doing my glucose test today (right now) and I really hope I pass. That drink was worse than I remembered from last time.

34. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@ChelseaRose: Lots of luck on your glucose test! I have my second one on Monday morning. I had GD with LO1, so I got to test early in my pregnancy this time around and passed! If you can, try walking around the waiting room so that you're not just sitting. Any type of physical activity will bring your blood sugar down!

35. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@2PeasinaPod: Thanks! I've heard that before more recently. I wish I knew that during my first pregnancy because I failed the one hour test at 132 both times, yet passed the three hour test. A little extra movement back then probably would have helped with those 2-3 points. I spent the last 20 minutes or so pacing and bouncing around. It was too crowded in the lab to do anything before then. I also drank about 2/3 of a bottle of water while in the bathroom per the recommendation of my bff who is a labor and delivery nurse and mom of 2.

36. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@ChelseaRose: Have you gotten your results from your glucose test yet?

Anyone else? I had mine today and hoping that the walking around the waiting room helped. The nurse actually came over to me and asked me if I was ok and was concerned. She told me that I needed to sit down for 15 minutes. I think I was making her nervous.

37. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@2PeasinaPod: I haven't received a call and I haven't had a chance to make a call yet. When I was standing and pacing too they acted all concerned like something was wrong as well. I think she was more concerned with me throwing up all over the place or something like that.

38. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@2PeasinaPod: I'm going Thursday for mine! Good tips about walking around. And the water. Good luck I hope you pass!

39. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@2PeasinaPod: I called. The nurse/receptionist said that she wasn't sure if it was ready yet, but she would look it up and ask the doctor to call with results. I hate waiting.

40. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

They called back and I have to do the three hour test. It was only the nurse and she said that the doctor is at the hospital and will call me himself later.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee