Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2018 Moms!

1. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

@PurplePumps: oh my gosh the burping YES. So. Much. Burping. Welcome aboard and I’m pulling for you that this will be your sticky baby!

2. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@PurplePumps: my nausea comes in waves, so I’ll have a good day and a bad day and on the good days I freak out. I’m telling myself I’m fine, it’s just my body getting used to having a passenger.

3. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@MrsBucky: Thanks!
    @Ms.Mermaid: That's good to know. It hit me last week and hadnt stopped so it was really weird this morning to eat and then feel normal. I kinda liked feeling sick, made me feel like something is going on.

4. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@PurplePumps: Confession: I have been lurking on the IVF board for the past couple of years and am so stinking excited to see you here. I can only imagine how scary this stage of pregnancy is for you, but I am so hopeful for you! As far as symptoms go, mine totally come and go. This past week, I felt so great and was actually going on walks and this weekend I am back to morning sickness.

5. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

September Mamas
    9/1--JLC53
    9/3-- muffinsmuffins
    9/6-- emmaNZ
    9/8-- crazydoglady
    9/18-- ruby26
    9/19-- MrsBucky
    9/21--coopsmama
    9/23-- BecBeeAtx
    9/24--ALV91711
    9/26-- bluemasonjar, cyntist
    9/30-- PurplePumps
    10/1--greencraftycello

6. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@PurplePumps: Congrats! Welcome. Today is the first day in a week I haven't felt sick, it is weird and nice. Still so tired though.

I feel like I'm looking 3-4 months preggo by the end of the day. It is going to be hard to hide this long at this rate.

7. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

Had my first appointment today! Heartbeat was good and dating matched what I suspected, so my due date is staying the same. Overall happy with how everything went, but now I’m nervous about needing to tell all of our parents, not sure why.

8. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@coopsmama: congratulations! I just joined the October board, but its so very early and I'm feeling pessimistic. Hope your 1 1/12 year old (!!!) is doing well

9. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@Silva: Congrats to you, too! sorry about the pessimism! I hope you feel better about it, soon. I saw your post on the October board and I know you said your symptoms are minimal at this point. Mine were super minimal early on this time, too, but now at 8w3d I'm nauseous nearly every second of every single day. I know symptoms aren't always fun but I hope you get some soon to reassure yourself - and I hope you have a very happy and healthy nine months on your way to baby 3!

10. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

The nausea, y'all... 🤢 so so bad the last few days. I just want to climb into bed and sleep to be able to escape it for a bit!

11. JLC53

cherry / 175 posts

The big "we are pregnant" announcement was this weekend at my son's second birthday party. We kept the party to close friends and family only. It was really nice to tell everyone that I am close with. Everyone was excited for us. I was nervous to tell one of our close friends as they just announced their pregnancy and I thought they would feel we were stealing their thunder. But, I should have never doubted them or their friendship. After a few sarcastic jokes that we were copycats, etc... they couldn't be more thrilled for us. We are going to be pregnant buddies. We are not ready yet to make it "facebook official" or anything like that yet, but telling everyone was really nice and I finally got to feel the excitement with people.

12. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@coopsmama: Are you taking anything for it? Some people swear by seabands if you are opposed to meds. I felt GREAT last week, like amazing, and then this weekend sucked.

13. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@JLC53: That's great! We told our parents after our nearly 9 week scan and then will be cool with it being "public knowledge," after the 12 week scan. Once we find out the gender, we'll probably make an announcement on facebook and the like.

14. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@JLC53: That is awesome that it went well. We are hoping to wait a few more weeks to tell anyone besides parents/siblings. DS will be the next to know and I'm sure he will spread the word!

15. greencraftycello

cherry / 174 posts

@crazydoglady: That’s what we’re doing in terms of timing. I have my first appointment (8 weeks) on Tuesday, and if everything looks ok, we will announce to parents and siblings. We will wait until 12 weeks to announce to everyone.

16. JLC53

cherry / 175 posts

I legit only want to eat starbursts and skittles...

17. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

@JLC53: girl I hear you. My diet has been atrocious but I’m goig with it. Total preggo combo of cheese and pickles over here has been a fave.

I just started B6 4x day to see if that will be enough to curb my barfing, which started up again yesterday. If not I’ll be adding unison, but I’m feeling decent-ish today so we will see.

18. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Last night I had a very vivid dream that this baby is a boy. I'd love to have second boy.

19. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@JLC53: cheese, ginger beer, Haribo happy colas.

20. greencraftycello

cherry / 174 posts

8 weeks today, and felt nauseous for the first time. Was kinda hoping I dodged the morning sickness, but apparently not.

21. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@greencraftycello: hopefully it will be shorted lived. The mornings I'm feeling nauseous I have a cup of peppermint or ginger lemon tea and it usually helps a bit.

22. JLC53

cherry / 175 posts

@MrsBucky: @Ms.Mermaid: Isn't it funny how cravings work... I would never eat starbusts or skittles before. And it is jelly bean season, I'm done for...

23. greencraftycello

cherry / 174 posts

@ALV91711: Thanks! So far it has been pretty mild, hoping it stays that way.

Just had our first ultrasound on Tuesday. We heard the heartbeat, and everything was measuring right on time. It feels real now, but I will still be worrying until after the NT scan and the genetic screenings are over.

24. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

I have my NT today. Trying really hard to not be nervous since everything looked great at 9 weeks.

25. greencraftycello

cherry / 174 posts

@crazydoglady: Good luck!

26. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@greencraftycello: Thank you! Baby looked great and was measuring a couple days ahead with a hb of 165. I forgot how cool it is to see the baby stretching and rolling around on ultrasound.

27. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

Is anyone else just totally fatigued and sick like all day?? I'm 8.5 today and this past week, I'm just totally worthless after lunch time. I pass out at my desk with my head on my hand, my stomach feels off all day. I want to eat anything and everything in site.... but then feel like crap after. Is this normal?
    I also feel like I'm having a VERY hard time drinking the recommended 8+ glasses of water a day. I think in my good days before I would have maybe 4-6. I chugged a glass before bed last night.... and even that made me sick and I couldn't stop burping something fierce for like an hour. Any tips on how to get more water down?

28. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

@PurplePumps: I feel like I’m just coming out of that at 10.5 weeks. I still don’t feel wonderful but I feel better than I did from week 6-9. Hang in there- you might be at the peak, and as I reminded my husband and myself it won’t be like this forever. Maybe consider a short term switch to diluted gaterade? That helped when getting enough liquid was hard for me. I also did peppermint tea and ginger tea, which helped a lot.

29. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

@PurplePumps: I finally have bouts when I feel "normal" but mostly feel nauseous and exhausted especially in the afternoon. I'm 9 weeks and just focused on making it to the second trimester and hopefully feeling better soon. Not feeling well effects everything and it sucks!

Also burping all the time.... I tell my husband he married a real lady

30. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@PurplePumps: YES! For me, weeks 8-10 were the absolute worst with both my son and this pregnancy. I will be 12 weeks tomorrow and I still feel a low-grade queasy feeling like 75% of the time. I know you technically don't "need" to gain any weight during the first trimester but I eat CONSTANTLY because it's the only thing that makes me feel better. I figure I can slow down my weight gain in the 2nd and 3rd tri. I ended up gaining 40+ lbs with my son and then ended up losing 70 lbs from my highest pregnancy weight and all I did was bf. People were asking if I was hitting the gym or doing some extreme diet. So, if it makes you feel better, eat.

31. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@PurplePumps: I have a hard time drinking all the water. Especially since I try not to have too much after dinner to avoid too many middle of the night wake ups to pee.

32. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@PurplePumps: oh hey, this is me. I may have eaten an entire thing of ginger snaps over two days bc it was all I could handle. Can you drink ginger tea to settle your stomach and meet your water intake? Ginger ale or beer are helping me as well. You can also get water from fruit or jello - maybe try lemon?

String cheese definitely helps me - it’s higher in protein which can help the nausea and doesn’t have a lot of flavor.

33. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@MrsBucky: @Ms.Mermaid: Ohh, ginger tea does sound pretty good. Thanks for the tips! I'm gonna pick up some Gatorade and string cheese today too

@Bluemasonjar: lol, my husband is not enjoying the burping! hes like you can still act like a lady and keeps telling me to stop... as if I can help it!

@crazydoglady: Wow! That's amazing. I feel pretty bad about all the eating right now... I feel so pudgy already! I do plan on bfing though so maybe there's hope for me after baby is born haha.

It's so weird to actually feel so affected by this! After all the lack of side effects and anything from IVF and lupron depot I was starting to wonder if I was pretty immune to just about everything, but this pregnancy thing is kicking my ASS!

34. greencraftycello

cherry / 174 posts

@PurplePumps: This is exactly how I have been feeling all week. The hunger and then subsequent sick feeling after eating something is the worst. Hope we are both feeling better soon!

35. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

How is everyone doing? I was feeling much better, but the last two days I've been feeling barfy again, though not as bad as it was at its worst, thankfully. My DH is out of town/the country for two full weeks starting Friday, so I'm nervous/ worried about that. We also have my DS's birthday party scheduled for the day after he gets back, so it's just a lot. Otherwise things are good. We told my son about our family's new baby, and he has decided it WILL be a sister, which is both funny and makes me nervous in case it ends up being a brother instead! What's new with everyone else?

36. ruby26

coffee bean / 36 posts

@MrsBucky: Aww, that's so sweet he wants a sister! And hats off to you for solo-parenting for 2 weeks!

Finally feeling an upswing over here. The nausea has subsided and I'm not nearly as exhausted. I'm 12w tomorrow! We told both families two weeks ago, and have been telling friends as we see them. We've already had 3 ultrasounds (started with an RE) so we felt pretty ok telling people close to us. My mind lately is consumed with how we're going to afford me quitting work, though it's truly the best decision for us for right now. I'm practically counting down the days until the end of August... I hate my job. They don't know I'm pregnant yet.

37. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

@MrsBucky: @ruby26: I am 10 weeks and still having nausea off and on but mostly just uncomfortable after I eat. Also having headaches which is not helping. I did not feel this bad with LO #1 and am worried this might be a rougher pregnancy overall.

Next ultrasound isn't until 3/22 but we have plans with friends coming up so will probably tell people as we see them and then make an official announcement after my appointment. Family knows and are all excited.

DS thinks there is a baby in his belly too!

38. muffinsmuffins

persimmon / 1023 posts

I can’t believe DW is past 13 weeks now! We had our first tri screening last week so got to see baby jumping around. Looks like an actual baby now! Made it much more real. We’ve told friends, rest of family, and I told my boss and coworkers earlier this week. Making plans for our leave (lucky us in Canada we can split 18 months), and things we want to get done at home. Bought some big brother books for DS too!

39. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

I graduated from the RE this week and have an initial appointment with my OB on Monday. I got a bad case of a cold over the weekend that just knocked me off my feet for 2-3 days. I'm finally recovered from that and apparently over my crazy fatigue spells too. My stomach is still pretty upset at me if I try to eat too much of my favorite foods, or anything really though. Brain says YUMMM... EAT!!! Then stomach later says.. nope, you shouldn't have done that!

40. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

I had my first appointment today. They did a quick ultrasound at the end and I saw our little baby and it even kicked its little feet for me. Otherwise, nothing too notable lately. Just exhausted all the time and sick about 50% of the time but the nausea seems to be doing better now at 11 weeks.

Hope you're all doing well!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee