Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2018 Moms!

1. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

I just got booties and made my dog pose for an announcement pic to send to our families. When is sill tbd... either like.. now (10w) or in another 2-3 weeks.
    This makes more sense when you know that my dog is afraid of non carpeted floors and actually has a few set of booties and socks to help him walk around! haha

2. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@PurplePumps: Crap. That's freaking adorable!

Also congrats on "graduating!" I graduated about a month ago and it was such a great feeling.

3. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@PurplePumps: Great announcement!

4. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

@PurplePumps: so cute!

I’ve started trying to think of photo ops for our big announcement. Ready to tell everyone since I feel like I’m starting to show (or just really bloated lol) Waiting until my next ultrasound which isn’t until the 22nd.

5. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

I just came back from the OB and I'm about to blow. I'm trying to figure out if this is normal to help calm me down....

So the appointment today (which they screwed up and scheduled me in for Friday) was supposed to be a nursing appointment usually done at week 8 or 9.... to go over my history they said. I'm not sure if this is for their knowledge or for my benefit, but I sure don't need an appointment to go over that if it's supposed to be for me.
    So then after THAT appointment, I guess I'm supposed to talk to a doctor, do some blood work (beta levels??? and check fetal heart rate). And THEN after this appointment, they schedule the option NIPT tests and NT scan.

So they were giving me shit about not able (willing) to come back again this week to do the nursing appointment and trying to do both the nursing and doc appointment on the same day and then maybe not having enough time to schedule the optional testing since the only time they could get me in back to back for the nurse/doc appointment was when I would be 12+1 and the testing would have to be done by the end of the week. So first I'm like why is there SO MUCH TAKLING!!?!? And why can't I schedule those tests now if I know I want them. Finally she did agree to go ahead and schedule it, so now I'm having it all done the same day at 12+1, but I'm still annoyed at them.

AND the nurse I was talking to about these appointments cause I was trying to figure out just what the heck they were for had the audacity to be like, well, you know, there are going to be a lot of appointments, sometimes more last minute during a pregnancy. I'm just like bitch, I did EIGHTTTT rounds of IVF and 5 transfers to get here, I KNOW the meaning a LOT of appointments!! What I'm NOT used to is having my time wasted like this driving all over the state (granted it's MA, so its' a small state, but STILL! HAHA) cause you guys messed up scheduling!!!!

So are all these separate appointments normal???

6. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

@PurplePumps: I totally understand your frustration! That doesn't make sense to me why they need to be split up.

My next appointment is anytime during 12-13 weeks and I was told to expect it to last 2-2.5 hours. They do an ultrasound, meet with a nurse to discuss health history (did this last time and I think they use it to try and identify any potential genetic issues/health concerns). Then you meet with the doctor and they draw blood in the lab on your way out.

7. muffinsmuffins

persimmon / 1023 posts

@PurplePumps: Um I would say that is not normal and super annoying. I suppose the optional tests have to be done in a certain time frame so maybe they can’t group them but maybe asking you over the phone would have been better so they can book the right amount of time and type of appointment? I would have been annoyed as well.

We also did IVF and going from our RE to a regular OB was very different. The fertility clinic is a tight ship! OB seems much more lax. We went for our first tri screening before we even met our OB. Nurse assured us it was fine. Get to the US clinic and they expected us to have the referral? So we were booked and actually there ready for the appointment without requisitions? The tech was like ok we can start but what kind of ultrasound do you need? So there was a big thing about us maybe having to come back and why didn’t we have it...then they didn’t do the blood work on site so we had to go somewhere else. It made me crazy as all that would have been done with beforehand at the RE and we were given very clear instructions on things. All that to say is, I feel ya

8. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@Bluemasonjar: Yea, I like I would have been totally ok with them telling me to prepare for a loooong appointment to get everything done in a day. Which is what I ended up making them schedule for me. I just don't understand why they would try to split it up into 3 different trips/appointments or their reasoning behind it. Is the NIPT blood screening or NT scan included in your first u/s too, or do you have to elect to have that done during that time or another time?

@muffinsmuffins: I miss my RE already! I almost wanted to just say screw it with the OB office and as my RE if he could just write me the scripts for the bloodwork and scan.

9. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

@PurplePumps: My first u/s was at 8 weeks to determine a viable pregnancy. Then the standard 12 week appointment includes the NT scan and NIPT screen.

10. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

@PurplePumps: Ive found that different practices handle early pregnancy appointments differently. That said, it’s frustrating that they don’t clearly communicate how they handle it so you know what to expect, what their reasoning is and that they mishandled the scheduling of the first appointment to boot. Scheduling/ nurses/ wait times are a huge part of the OB/ Midwife experience and something like that would give me pause about whether everything was going to be a hassle moving forward. Getting Questions answered when stuff comes up (and pregnancy is weird so questions always come up!) almost always have to go through nurses so feeling annoyed with them early on would worry me. Fwiw, in my first low risk pregnancy, there are no last minute appointments- I always knew what the plan was, when my next appointment was, and though sometimes they were frequent, I always knew when the next appointment was by the end of the prior one. 4 weeks at the beginning, 2 weeks towards the end and every week at the very end. The only surprise timing was going into labor!

11. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@PurplePumps: Today I went in for my first appointment and got really upset when I find out they don’t do an ultrasound before the NT scan, at which point I freaked out and eventually they agreed to refer me to radiology because my anxiety is so bad, but like, I was there from 8:15am to 10:45am for blood work and to go over my health history and to let the doctor press on my belly. Like, WTF, why was this appointment even necessary, I know nothing more than I did yesterday except both my husband and my midwife think I’m unhinged.

12. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: That's the part that kills me too!! All these appointments and I'm betting I will nothing out of the nurse/doc ones. I don't need to talk about my health history and blah blah blah, I've already talked it to death with a geneticist, hubby and i have done full genetic screening through Good Start as suggested before IVF. They have all that info and know we've done all that!

13. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@PurplePumps: I'd be really annoyed with the lack of communication. You really do need to know how long to plan for especially if you are leaving work.

I have my official first prenatal appointment tomorrow morning. It works a bit different here, I see my family doctor until 20 weeks and then I start seeing the OB. The family doc sends all the info needed and does all the first tests. I've already gone for all my bloodwork and then after tomorrow I'll be able to book my first ultrasound.

My poor mom is just itching to tell someone she's going to be a grandma again. Luckily she can keep it to herself but I know it is driving her nuts. A couple more weeks and we will tell DS and then let the news out. I'm hoping to wait until at least the end of the month to tell work but I feel like it might be hard to hide that long.

14. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@ALV91711: we are intentionally waiting until 10w to tell my husbands family and Easter to tell my Dad bc the NT scan is April 2 so they won’t have to wait long to tell anyone bc they both can’t handle the wait.

15. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

We usually travel to our in law for Xmas (4 hour flight). It's the only time in the year we go visit.... so little guy would be about 3 months at the time. I was thinking we'd probably just skip this year and have them come visit at anytime. But then I'm thinking some more... maybe we can still go? Since his sisters are there too? What do you guys think? Would you travel with a 3 month old on a flight? I'm a little worried about vaccines (which I know nothing about the vaccination schedule right now) and flu/cold season around so many people.

16. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

@PurplePumps: with my first, we flew just shy of three months, but it was summer rather than winter. Most peds will give first round of shots before then, but it’s a good question to ask when you interview to find a pediatrician later on. I honestly think it’s a personal call- I wouldn’t fly without the first round of shots, but beyond that it’s your own comfort level. We rotate holidays and this year it would be a 3.5 hour flight for thanksgiving and a 4 hour drive for Christmas. I probably will skip thanksgiving or offer to host. My preference will be to host Christmas also since we will officially no longer fit at my in laws with this new addition, but we will see if that flies with them.....

17. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@PurplePumps: I flew with DS when he was three months. Honestly it was the easiest time I've ever flown with him.

18. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

Has anyone started wearing maternity pants yet? I'm 11 weeks and my jeans still fit ok but have loosened my belt. Yoga parts are much more comfortable though! I can't remember when I started wearing them with Lo #1 but do know I wished I had made the switch sooner.

I don't think others would notice but feel like I'm starting to get a small bump and trying to hide the news for another 2 weeks at work so attempting to wear looser tops.

Saw these cute linen pants at Old Navy and debating whether I get the regular or maternity version. I figure they are flowy and run a little big so I might try my regular size so I can wear them again next year.

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pcid=5151&vid=1&pid=209347002&searchText=linen+pants

19. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@Bluemasonjar: So, I started wearing my pull on jeans around 6 weeks and am now wearing my largest size of pre-pregnancy jeans with a hair tie and a belly band. I am pretty sad to say that I have already gained 14 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight and was already up 8-9 lbs from my ideal weight...hopefully I lose it all plus more like I did with DS.

20. ruby26

coffee bean / 36 posts

@PurplePumps: I'm tentatively planning a family beach vacation for December, and I didn't even think about it being flu season! Welp, hopefully it's not as bad next year. Momma's really gonna need some sunshine then!

@Bluemasonjar: My maternity clothes are still in bags at the back of the closet. Last time I think I broke them out around 17 weeks. Right now at 13 weeks I have a little bloat happening, but can wear all my regular clothes, though by the end of the day my pants are fully unbuttoned and unzipped. I'm also waiting another week to tell work so when I'm at in-person meetings (I work from home), I've been wearing flowy tops to cover the bloat.

21. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

@Bluemasonjar: I haven't gained much weight, and probably am net down from pre-pregnancy (I was doing a whole 30 when I found out I was pregnant) but started wearing my old maternity pants super early--- like 7 or 8 weeks. When my nausea hit having anything tight around my midsection made it worse and i was just like... "screw it, I want to be as comfortable as I can while I feel like garbage" since I had them anyway. I'm starting to get a little belly (almost certainly bloat) at 12 weeks, and I have 0 regrets. I don't think I would *buy* maternity pants this early, but since I already have them, I"m totally in.

22. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Bluemasonjar: At home I'm living in yoga pants. I've just been wearing skirts with elastic wastes to work. Trying to wear my loosest tops to hide the bloat.

I'm going to have to pull out my maternity clothes soon though. But since it is the exact opposite season as with DS I will definitely need some new clothes soon.

23. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@crazydoglady: I've gained 10 lbs already! Doesn't surprise me, I've been a lazy bump these last few weeks. With DS I gained 60lbs, hoping to not gain that much this time.

24. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Bluemasonjar: lol I’m 8 weeks and started wearing maternity pants on Monday. My pants stopped fitting two weeks ago but I’ve been doing dress yoga pants and dresses since then.

25. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@PurplePumps: we flew with my daughter when she was 8 weeks old and we were all recovering from the flu. The flights were fine. She nursed to sleep at takeoff on the first one and slept the whole flight. The way home was harder bc our flight was packed and delayed. If you’ll still be on leave anyway definitely avoid Xmas eve and NYD flights.

26. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

From the experience of my friends who have had more than 2, they all said that they were showing a LOT faster with the second one than the first. I remember that many of them at 3 months said that they looked like they did at 4 or 5 with the first. I guess the body kind of remembers what to do and just gets right to it after the first?

I've only gained about 3 lbs so far but my belly feels so much bigger that my jeans are pretty uncomfortable now. I've taken to just wearing my legging already. I definitely need some new jeans, but not sure if I should be buying maternity jeans (it feels WAY too early for that!! (10w5d)) or just larger sizes of regular jeans.

Hmm.. that's good to hear that flying isn't too bad. I guess even if we don't go right around Xmas (for the sake of pricing) we can still go a little after. I think we'll just wait until after we tell them and see how it goes. Maybe we can convince them to come instead.

27. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

@PurplePumps: maybe compromise and get a pair of maternity jean with the elastic on the sides? Honestly I have no regrets about switching to maternity clothes super early and everyone I know puts it off so long and then when they finally switch they wonder why they waited so long! Pregnancy is uncomfortable enough, might as well be comfortable in your dang clothes, right?

28. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@MrsBucky: haha, so true. Will those fit the entire time? It looked like those were for earlier in the pregnancy and wouldn't be stretchy enough go get through 3rd tri. And definitely want to have stuff that fits and feels comfortable the whole time, but I really don't wanna spend more on pants than I need to too.

29. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

@PurplePumps: You know, I don't own any, so I'm not sure. I think it will depend on how you end up carrying, honestly. If you're concerned about spending $, see if there is a baby/maternity consignment store near by, or check out thredup to see if you can find a deal.

30. ruby26

coffee bean / 36 posts

@MrsBucky: @PurplePumps: I prefer the maternity pants with the stretchy insets over the over-the-belly kind... I felt they stayed up way better and were much more flattering. I bought the "side panel" ones from Old Navy. I gained a substantial amount of weight by the end of my last pregnancy (cough, 60 pounds, cough) and was whale-big and those 3 pairs of jeans fit me through the very end!

31. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

@ruby26: I have three pairs of over the belly jeans (I'm lucky that my bestie shares maternity clothes with me!) and one pair ALWAYS sags, one pair is the tiniest bit too short, so only one pair actually fits. I keep *almost* buying this pair: https://www.target.com/p/maternity-inset-panel-jeggings-isabel-maternity-153-by-ingrid-isabel-174-dark-wash/-/A-52307207?preselect=52206277#lnk=sametab

but keep talking myself out of them as a luxury. Is that the type you like?

32. ruby26

coffee bean / 36 posts

@MrsBucky: Yes! Ya know, the belt loops I think make all the difference. I feel like all maternity pants are going to slip down no matter what, but having belt loops that I can hook my finger into to hike them back up is just the easiest thing. First time around, I really struggled with the weight gain aspect of pregnancy and feeling huge and undesirable, and the side panel jeans just made me feel womanly again, rather than like a giant egg. Some people don't like the button and zipper in front, but it never bothered me. I vote go for it!

33. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@ruby26: I think I'll try some!
    @MrsBucky: This one looks good and the price is better than the ON and GAP ones I was looking at. I'm gonna try these out!

34. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@PurplePumps: I tried those jeggings on last week and loved them. I was really surprised by how much stretch was in the belly and could see them being pretty accommodating. What I found last time is you need stuff to accommodate you on the way back down (if you’re like me and only ever lose 2/3 if the baby weight) so you may want to buy some standard size stuff that fits you now, or the side panel pants you won’t mind wearing later. I didn’t wear full panel stuff post partum but I loved elastic waistbands. I just ordered two pairs of ON side panel pants from swap.com I’m excited about.

35. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

@MrsBucky: @PurplePumps: Now I'm thinking about buying a pair too! I didn't do the side stretch last time and they look comfortable.

36. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@MrsBucky: Those look comfy. I never tried the side panel pants last time but I think this time I might have to get some.

37. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Damn the raging hormones! I just cried watching the walking dead.

38. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

How's everyone doing this week? Has morning sickness subsided, if you had any?
    I didn't end up ordering the pants yet. I just couldn't. I'm so nervous about the appointment and scan on Monday. I told myself I wouldn't start buying until after that. Good news that I am D.O.N.E with all my meds and this freaking Crinone tomorrow!!!!! And then just two more nerve wracking days to hopefully get the assurance I need on Monday to start to really embrace this.

39. ruby26

coffee bean / 36 posts

@PurplePumps: Yay for being done with progesterone!! I was SOOOOOOO happy to put that crap away. So excited for your appointment Monday! I hate having Monday appointments because then you're like wishing away the weekend just to have some reassurance.

Things are smooth sailing with me. I told my boss yesterday and the rest of my (small) company today. I have a home doppler that I'm tempted to get out, but then I get worried I won't be able to find the heartbeat and I'll panic, so I haven't yet. 14w today and symptoms (aside from my constant state of irritability) are all gone. I love this sweet spot between the nausea and the obvious bump

40. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

@PurplePumps: @ruby26: yay for no more progesterone! Finger crossed for Monday. I had my midwife appointment Wednesday and did do the NT scan on Thursday after all. I was up all night Tuesday planning the logistics of what would happen if there was no heartbeat but of course everything was fine! Very grateful for the reassurance and starting to let people know.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee