Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2018 Moms!

1. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

@PurplePumps: I actually picked up those pants at Target this morning. I'll have to try them on later but since I had to put on my maternity dress pants for a client meeting this week I wanted to be prepared.

I understand being anxious about your appointment but hope you have fun plans to keep you busy this weekend to help with the anticipation.

My appointment for the NT scan isn't until Thursday due to DH's schedule. I'll be 13 weeks and ready to finally share the news with work and everyone else. We have a birthday party with a group of friends this weekend so I may go ahead and announce but anxious before that appointment.

2. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@Bluemasonjar: How did the pants fit? Do you know how long the inseam is? They look super short on the model! Either that or the model is super tall. I'm 5'4 and usually wear a 3 inch heel and like it to still almost reach the floor (for boot cut)

We had our first OB appointment today and did the NT scan and blood draw for NIPT. Things look like they're progressing perfectly! So relieved

3. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

Anyone else starting to show? I'm 15 weeks with baby #2.

Excuse my smudged mirror!

4. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

@PurplePumps: They hit right at my ankles (longer than shown on the model). I'm 5'7" and think they will be great for flats and sandals this summer.

So happy you had a good appointment!

@crazydoglady: I'll be 13 weeks tomorrow and depending on the time of day I feel like I have a definite little bump. Yours is so cute!!

5. greencraftycello

cherry / 174 posts

Had my NT scan last week, and my 12 week appointment yesterday. Everything is right on track so far, which is a huge relief! We have told our parents and siblings, and plan to announce to the rest of our extended family and close friends this week.

@PurplePumps: Glad your appointment went well!

6. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@greencraftycello: @PurplePumps: Yay for good appointments!

7. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

8. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

I'm having such a hard time staying involved in this thread because I'm so busy but I had to jump in and say - we found out on Tuesday that it's twins!

9. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

@coopsmama: OMG congratulations!!!! How do you feel???

I had my NT scan today and everything looks good. Planning to tell the rest of our close friends over the weekend, my boss on Monday and then make an official announcement on social media.

10. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@Bluemasonjar: We're excited but shocked a going from 3 to 5 kids as we've always just planned on 4!

11. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@coopsmama: Oh wow!! Congratulations!!

12. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@Bluemasonjar: Glad to hear it went well! When are you going to find out the gender? We have an elective ultrasound next Friday.

13. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@coopsmama: Wow! Congrats!

We told DS tonight, he's 5, he said oh then went off playing. My mom is here and brought a cute sleeper that we had shown him and he said that his baby brother or sister will need more clothes.

Pulled out my maternity clothes tonight and am washing them. Will only need to get a few summer items and I should be good.

14. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@coopsmama: wow! Congratulations! I know a surprisingly high number of people who found out it was twins at the second ultrasound.

15. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@coopsmama: stalked to see your update after seeing your name pop up in August—!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! Amazing news

16. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@coopsmama: WOW! Congrats!

17. greencraftycello

cherry / 174 posts

@coopsmama: Oh my gosh, congratulations!!

18. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

@crazydoglady: We are actually team green again this time so gender will be a surprise. I was convinced DS was a boy but this time I feel like it might be a girl.

@Ms.Mermaid: I'm glad I read this comment after having my second ultrasound yesterday and confirming there is only 1 in there. I would not have been ready for that surprise

19. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@crazydoglady: thank you!!
    @Ms.Mermaid: It was so shocking! I couldn't believe it was missed on the first one. I had a little bleeding on Tuesday morning and that's why I found out. (The bleeding is ok by the way.) If we hadn't had that issue I probably would've had to wait until 19/20 weeks to find out!

@ALV91711: Thank you! I pulled out my maternity clothes today to wash, too. It's about that time again.

@LCTBQE: Thank you! Crazy though, yes?! Not what I was expecting! Hope your pregnancy is going well. I may just have another August delivery since these babies are multiples now.

@PurplePumps: @greencraftycello: Thank you so much!

20. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@coopsmama: yes, CRAZY— you must be astonished! Have you told your kids?!

21. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@LCTBQE: yes! They were in the room with us when we found out. We don't have babysitting for our kids (we have moved to a new state since our last pregnancy) and I didn't want to hear bad news without my husband there so they all came in! The kids are thrilled!

22. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

Is it normal to still be having food aversions going into the second tri? I was really hoping my stomach would be settled by now, but it's gotten worse the past 2 weeks. It's not even just a mental food aversion where I don't like the taste or don't want to eat something, everything still taste great! It's physical... it seems the only thing I can keep down is Chinese food! (I am Chinese so I guess it's my comfort food?) I haven't been cooking lately so I've been buying lunch at work, and it tastes fine when I eat it, but then I get an upset stomach and end up throwing up half the time. I made tacos last night, and same thing, I fought it all night, but then couldn't keep it down. But on Sunday, I went to a family dinner, one of those 12 course Chinese banquets, ate for like 2 hours straight (of everything from beef to chicken to frog legs, lobster, scallops, radish, jellyfish, and more) and was stuffed, and my stomach felt totally normal! I just can't believe I'm having such a physical reaction just to different cuisines.

23. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

It's a girl!! 🎀💮🌹🏵🥀 I'm so excited because LO 1 is a boy and we are done done done after this.

24. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

@PurplePumps: Aversion to different cuisines is new to me but I just feel terribly uncomfortable after eating anything and is miserable. I'm sorry!

@crazydoglady: CONGRATULATIONS So exciting!!

25. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@crazydoglady: Yay! Congrats!

26. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

September Mamas
    9/1--JLC53
    9/3-- muffinsmuffins
    9/6-- emmaNZ
    9/8-- crazydoglady
    9/18-- ruby26
    9/19-- MrsBucky
    9/21--coopsmama TWINS!
    9/23-- BecBeeAtx
    9/24--ALV91711
    9/26-- bluemasonjar , cyntist
    9/30-- PurplePumps
    10/1--greencraftycello

Any other updates I missed?

27. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

We finally posted our announcement on Facebook using a photo of the big brother in training. He has been sleeping with his new baby every night and asking to read his Big Brother book multiple times a day. Still thinks there is a baby in his belly too which is cute!

Still spreading the news around the office. Got pushed to awkwardly announce on a conference call yesterday but everyone is very excited for us.

28. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@Bluemasonjar: Yay! So cute! We just announced publicly on Friday...doesnt it feel good to get the cat out of the bag?

29. ruby26

coffee bean / 36 posts

@crazydoglady: Yay baby girl!

@MrsBucky: You can mark me as team green

@Bluemasonjar: What a cutie! He's taking his job as big brother very seriously!

@coopsmama: Twins are awesome!!!! (speaking from personal experience as a twin.) They look fraternal?

We haven't announced on social media yet. Probably won't until at least next month. I'm enjoying keeping things under wraps a little longer this time! I can still disguise the bump when I want to, but also can show it off when I want. More often I'm hiding it even around our families... they think a visible bump is an invitation to touch me.

30. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@PurplePumps: hate to tell you this but I threw up til 22 weeks with my first and the food aversion to Brussels Sprouts lasted the whole time. This time I’m actually feeling better around 12 weeks and my aversion to chocolate seems to be fading.

31. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

September Mamas
    9/1--JLC53
    9/3-- muffinsmuffins
    9/6-- emmaNZ
    9/8-- crazydoglady
    9/18-- ruby26
    9/19-- MrsBucky
    9/21--coopsmama TWINS!
    9/23-- BecBeeAtx
    9/24--ALV91711
    9/30-- PurplePumps
    10/1--greencraftycello

@ruby26: @Bluemasonjar: Yay for team green buddies!

32. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: Until 22 weeks!? omg.

I'm happy to report that I've got my energy back for the most part. And haven't had much trouble with foods the past week!
    I've been ordering a ton of new clothes to try. Any recommendations for good leggings and jeans? I'm trying to avoid the full belly panel, for some reason they just don't look that comfortable to me, which seems to be what most places have.
    Oh, and we're having a boy! We knew from day 1 since our embryo was PGS tested, but it was confirmed by NIPT.

33. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Bluemasonjar: cute announcement!

@PurplePumps: Its nice to have some energy back. I just ordered a bunch of clothes from ON, they got here yesterday but I haven't tried them on yet.

Saw my doc today and got to listen to the heart. That is my favourite sound. It was 136, so DS may get his wish of a brother if the heart rate holds true. Now I don't have to go back for another month which makes me happy.

34. greencraftycello

cherry / 174 posts

@ALV91711: That’s awesome. I love hearing the heartbeat at appointments!

@Bluemasonjar: Aw, so cute!

We got our NIPT results back the Friday before Easter, and everything was normal (yay!), and we found out we are having a girl!

I am 15 weeks today, and starting to show. Bought a bunch of maternity tops online and some leggings.

35. muffinsmuffins

persimmon / 1023 posts

@Bluemasonjar: so cute! We love this book too! Aren’t they so adorable making sense of this baby thing in their own way?!

Hard to believe but we had our anatomy scan today! 19 weeks on the dot. Baby was not in a good position so we have to go back to catch a couple more measurements and the sex! I was so disappointed as we were super excited to find out (we were team green with our son) And we have to wait 2 weeks but we got to see little him or her for like half an hour which was nice

36. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

September Mamas
    9/1--JLC53
    9/3-- muffinsmuffins
    9/6-- emmaNZ
    9/8-- crazydoglady
    9/18-- ruby26
    9/19-- MrsBucky
    9/21--coopsmama TWINS!
    9/23-- BecBeeAtx
    9/24--ALV91711
    9/30-- PurplePumps
    10/1--greencraftycello

37. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@greencraftycello: Congrats on a healthy girl! 🎀
    @muffinsmuffins: Oh, man, I would be so bummed! Do you have a "gut feeling?"

38. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@greencraftycello: Yay for a girl!

@muffinsmuffins: This is what I'm hoping doesn't happen to us. Hopefully when you go back they will be able to tell.

39. muffinsmuffins

persimmon / 1023 posts

@ALV91711: @crazydoglady: ugh yes it was surprisingly disappointing! I was bummed for a long while yesterday. And then thinking about the other measurements they couldn’t get and worrying about probably nothing...I think it’s a girl based on how different the pregnancy is, but my hairstylist said her two pregnancies were vastly different and she had two boys! I’m just going to pretend we didn’t go and we still have two weeks to wait

40. greencraftycello

cherry / 174 posts

@crazydoglady: Thanks, you too!
    @ALV91711: Thanks!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee