Firstly, how do I get it through DH's head that I will have to buy new clothes, probably starting relatively soon, and that yes, it will cost a little more than we'd like sometimes? He got really annoyed when I bought yoga pants ($16) and 2 sports bras ($6 each) the other day, and I genuinely needed those to accommodate my bloat and growing, very tender breasts. He keeps bringing up goodwill, which is where I normally do most of my shopping. I hate spending a bunch on clothes when I can find an Ann Taylor jacket with tags still on it for $5. The problem is, goodwill has VERY limited maternity selection, and what they have isn't separate from the rest so it's hard to find. And once you've hit a store and found what you can, odds are there won't be a ton of new stuff any time soon. I've told him this, but he doesn't get it. I'm hoping that seeing me get bigger and realizing my clothes really won't fit (and dragging him with me to goodwill to show how little there is) will help, but any other tips to help get it through his head that we'll need to budget at least a little for this?

And, as a way to help with that, what are your best tips for not breaking the bank on maternity wear? Keeping in mind that he (and I, really) consider $15 a LOT to pay for a shirt, so we're pretty much screwed already since maternity stuff is not that low. I do have a few people I can ask to borrow stuff from, but I know they probably got most of their's from other friends that are not mutual. So I don't know how much help they'll be.