Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

2048 - This game is so addicting!!!

1. NurseMommy

pear / 1812 posts

Y'all! Lookie!!!

2. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@NurseMommy: Awesome!!!! Congratulations!!!

3. Adira

So my husband beat it again... grumble grumble...

But I decided to "Keep Going" with his game and this is what happened:

4. Mrs. High Heels

blogger / eggplant / 11551 posts

@Adira: grrr... because of you i stayed up until 2 am saturday night playing this game. i knew i shouldn't have clicked on the link to just "see what it was about" at 1 am!!! *angry face*

5. Adira

@Mrs. High Heels: Sorry!!!!

6. Mrs. High Heels

blogger / eggplant / 11551 posts

@Adira: no you're not!!!

7. Adira

@Mrs. High Heels: haha, you got me!

And my husband has now beaten the game THREE times and keeps stealing my laptop to play it again! Gahhh!!! The addiction doesn't end!!!

8. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

http://doge2048.com/

Just incase anyone wants to see dogs faces instead of numbers everywhere

9. GrapeCrush

grapefruit / 4823 posts

Thanks to this thread I'm now addicted ugh. Lol this is as close as I've gotten. I'm gonna show my husband tonight the game, I'm sure he'll get addicted too.

10. Adira

@MrsB2012: OMG!!! Though this is a lot more challenging because I have to remember which "dog" is higher!

11. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

Ya'll, I almost missed my stop on the train yesterday because of this game. We need a support group, ha ha.

12. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@Adira: I know it's not as fun because you can't really tell where you are. The highest I get is a dog with sunglasses.

13. Adira

@MrsB2012: That's the highest I got to!

14. Adira

@littlebug: hahaha, glad you DIDN'T miss your stop! But I agree on the support group!! I keep staying up past my bedtime playing!

15. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

Seriously. I just ignored my dad completely while he came to visit because I "had" to check out this game. I knew when people said it was addicting that I should've steered clear of it.

PS. Great game though!

16. chopsuey

hostess / wonderful honeydew / 32460 posts

Ok I started playing a bit and fun stuff!

17. Bao

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22276 posts

How do I get to the game besides the link in this post?

18. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

So I don't know about the computer version, but the app version now has the Fibonacci sequence. So you combine tiles in the Fibonacci sequence. It's hard! But a nice test of my high school math, ha ha!

ETA: The ironic thing is that I'm supposed to be reading "Hands-Free Mama." I'm supposed to be learning about how to put down my phone and connect with my world, and instead, I'm addicted to this game. Uhhh....woops?

19. Adira

@Bao: I don't know about iPhones, but Android has an app for it. Just search for 2048.

20. Bao

@Adira: I did and got nothing darn it!

21. Adira

@Bao: Try this link on your phone maybe: http://git.io/2048

22. Bao

@Adira: I just added it to my home screen so that's easy, thanks!

23. Bao

@littlebug: hey how is that? I've been wanting to read that but not sure I want to buy it yet

24. Adira

@littlebug: hahahaha, that's too funny!!!

@Bao: Glad that worked for you! Enjoy!

25. littleredhairedgrl

persimmon / 1135 posts

wow I can only get to 1024

26. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@Bao: Well, the parts I got through until I got addicted to this game were good. I feel like maybe the author is a little too....preachy?....for my taste. But the general idea of it is pretty good. I think it's a little long for what it needs to be, too. Though I've never been COMPLETELY connected to my phone/twitter/facebook like it sounds like she was, so maybe that's why I feel like I could have gotten away with just a chapter or two. I'm halfway through and could probably stop reading. I've gotten the gist of it.

At least, I thought I had. Then 2048 happened....

27. Bao

@littlebug: haha ok good to know, thanks!

28. DillonLion

GOLD / eggplant / 11517 posts

Ugh, FINALLY beat this game. I have done pretty much nothing else for the last week.

29. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@Adira: @Bao: there's an iPhone app for this now: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/2048/id840919914?mt=8

30. Adira

@DillonLion: Yay!! Congrats!!! Now beat it again!

31. Bao

@Shutterbug: thank you!!

32. kiddosc

grapefruit / 4278 posts

@Adira: Finally beat it! I can get some work done again

33. lovehoneybee

GOLD / wonderful pea / 17697 posts

I freaking hate this game so much but I can't.stop.playing. I want to beat it so badly just to get it out of my system (that's how it works....right? Right? RIGHT?)

34. Adira

@kiddosc: Yay!!! Congrats!!!

@lovehoneybee: What's your strategy? Do you want some tips?

35. lovehoneybee

GOLD / wonderful pea / 17697 posts

@Adira: I build up a descending line on the top row (so like 16, 8, 4, 2) and one I have it set I only move left and up unless no tiles will spawn those ways, then I move right and immediately back left. I can regularly get to 1024, but then I'll occasionally end up with only 3 tiles on the top and have to move right to spawn a new one, which inevitably spawns in the top left corner. It falls apart a few moves later.

36. Adira

@lovehoneybee: That's a pretty good strategy. But maybe try to just focus on your top row. Try to keep it in order (16, 8, 4, 2), etc, and always make sure your top row is full. Once it's full, then only focus on that top right number until you can combine it with the one next to it. And then start over with that top right corner. Does that make sense? My guess is you're doing what I was doing, which was building up the top row AND the left side instead of just focusing on the top row. At least - this method worked for me to beat it!

37. LBee

pomegranate / 3895 posts

My husband won!

38. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

My strategy is to go as fast as possible. FAIL.

39. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

Just FYI it's an iphone app! I started playing it last night when I saw it was in the top 10 of free apps list. BTW I super suck at this game but it's still fun.

40. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@Raindrop: I looked for it when this thread first got started but didn't see it. I just looked recently and found it! Woohoo!! You can now play the game without having to access the Internet!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee