Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

35 + Pregnant Roll Call

1. kayakgirl73

clementine / 750 posts

I know this post is old but are there any over 35'ers currently Pregnant>

Baby #2
    How far along: 13 weeks

I'm having pretty bad nausea and I'm so darn tired. so much hard this time especially with a two year to chase.

2. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@kayakgirl73: hi!

Baby #3
    How far along: 8ish weeks
    I am exhausted after the kids go to bed. I am used to sleeping at 11 or 12 but I have been dozing off a lot earlier!

3. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@kayakgirl73: Hello! The nausea is the worst!

Baby #2
    How far along: 15w 4d
    I'm exhausted too and still battling nausea. I've been sick on top of pregnancy (bronchitis, colds, etc.) and it's a lot of work chasing after my 14 month old. Thrilled to be pregnant, but really wanting to be floating along in that magical 2nd trimester. I'm beginning to doubt it exists for baby #2.

@autumnlove: I was in bed by 7pm last night! Was your second trimester wonderful when you had baby #2?

4. autumnlove

@sweetooth: the second was my worst for my last pregnancy! my nausea started at 13 weeks and afternoon and evenings were rough!

5. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@autumnlove: Oh no, that's not what I want to hear. I want to feel like a unicorn during my 2nd trimester! This magical, mythical being that floats on rainbows! And is super productive and energetic (I'll keep hoping...)

I hope your nausea for #3 is not that bad.

6. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

I'm still pregnant over here! 37 years old and due March 17th. I feel like a house at 32 weeks. Getting our son ready for big brotherhood. He is a Mommas boy attached at the hip so it's not going to be easy but it will be good for both of us.

7. autumnlove

@sweetooth: I had that glorious 2nd tri for my first pregnancy! I hope you have one of those!

8. kayakgirl73

clementine / 750 posts

Hoping for a good second tri. I had to pull out the maternity clothes this weekend.

9. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@littlek: 36 will be 37 in a month! YIKES. Second baby. 15.5 weeks along. This go around has been awful. 24/7 morning sickness and heart palpitations! It's another little boy and we are starting to work on his room. Started to get excited!

10. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@kayakgirl73: @autumnlove: @sweetooth: @turkeylurkey: hi ladies! Welcome & congrats to you all! I'm still here & still pregnant.
    Me: 41yrs old, baby #1 & 22wks along--thrilled to be more than half way there! So far, so good.

11. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

Good luck ladies, I was a member of this "club" twice. I'm officially done with babies and can't compare to having a baby under 35, but it wasn't horrible

What's hard as many of you know is a toddler/pre-schooler and newborn. Oy!

12. peonyinlove

pea / 15 posts

Baby #: 2
    How far along: 17 Weeks
    How are you doing: So far there are days I get extremely exhausted and sleep is on my first list. I feel like a bear just hibernating through this winter.

13. krispi

clementine / 911 posts

I can officially join this thread now!

Preganancy #: 1
    How far along: 10 weeks
    How are you doing: Overall, not that bad. The nausea hasn't been nearly as bad as I was prepared for. Sleep is hard though. It rarely feels like I get a good night's sleep anymore.

14. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

Congrats ladies!!

15. chanada

cherry / 147 posts

Nice thread. Following. . .

Preganancy #: 2
    How far along: 23.5 weeks
    How are you doing: pretty tired running and staying up after a toddler.

16. plantains

grapefruit / 4671 posts

I may or may not be posting in this thread soon. I'm 35 and my period is 5 days late. We were not trying however and didn't intend to for a few more months so now I'm crapping myself and too nervous to test. Aaaaah.

17. autumnlove

@plantains: Hope you get answers soon!

18. plantains

grapefruit / 4671 posts

@autumnlove: Thanks! I have set myself a deadline of Saturday. If AF doesn't show by then, I will test. It is probably just an intellectual exercise at this point though because the only other time AF has been late in my life was when DD happened.

19. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@plantains: eeep!!!

20. plantains

grapefruit / 4671 posts

@MrsMccarthy: I know!! I should really just take the test and get it over and done with, but we are not ready for another yet and the idea of $5000 in daycare costs is making me lose sleep because I know it can't be done! I'm a mess right now hahaha.

21. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@plantains: I'm not sure I know how to respond to your posts on this board. As an older mama-to-be who tried incredibly hard to finally be part of the "35+ mamas club", I've got nothing. Good luck with however your situation turns out.

22. plantains

grapefruit / 4671 posts

@GoGoSnoGirl: I'm not entirely sure why you are bothered by my posts. Lots of people of all ages try hard and some don't. I am not the first bee to be nervous at the possibility of an unexpected baby, there are even blog posts about it.

23. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@plantains: it's expensive I know but if you are I also know you will find a way to make it work, plus another beautiful child and a sub for your sweet girl. Can't wait to hear back. I kind of hope that you are but I know if you aren't that you'll be less stressed so it seems pretty win win which is good. Keep us posted.

24. plantains

grapefruit / 4671 posts

@MrsMccarthy: yes! It is just such a rollercoaster of emotions! I will post on Saturday after I test!

25. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@plantains: I should've just kept my response to myself, I didn't mean to come across snarky. Perhaps I just thought this board generally is celebrating clearing the extra hurdle 35+'ers often have to clear to even get pregnant, but admittedly that is my own "filter". I truly do wish you the best in however this turns out for you.

26. Daymare

pea / 11 posts

Baby # 1
    How far along: 5 weeks

I am feeling very tired and have a decrease in appetite.

I would just like to mention that I posted on this thread several months ago but suffered a loss around 8 weeks. It was devastating especially with the added pressure I felt because of my age but we continued to try and I am hopeful and excited to be pregnant again. I would like to congratulate everyone and send positive thoughts to those who are over 35 and still trying.

27. plantains

grapefruit / 4671 posts

@MrsMccarthy: @autumnlove:

I'm stunned, but so so happy. Nervousness is dissipating now that the reality is sinking in.

@Daymare: Congratulations! Wishing you a happy & healthy 9 months.

28. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@plantains: congratulations!

29. autumnlove

@plantains: !!! ️Congrats!

30. autumnlove

@Daymare: ️congrats!!

31. plantains

grapefruit / 4671 posts

@mrsjyw: @autumnlove: I can't believe it. It just seems to grown up, the idea of having more than one child!

32. autumnlove

@plantains: I was a wreck about LO 2/having more than one kid for my whole pregnancy. I totally understand!

How is DH doing with the news?

33. kayakgirl73

clementine / 750 posts

@Daymare: Congrats

34. kayakgirl73

clementine / 750 posts

@plantains: Congrats. I also worry about costs for my second who is a very planned fertility treatment baby although I was really skeptical that treatment would work again at 41 since we were only going low-tech IUI with injectibles and trigger shot.

35. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@Daymare: @plantains: congratulations to you both & wishing you each a happy & healthy pregnancy!!

36. plantains

grapefruit / 4671 posts

@autumnlove: Yes! I just can't envision having an addition to DD, I go from crazy excited to very nervous.

@kayakgirl73: congratulations! How amazing to have gone low tech and be here so soon!

@GoGoSnoGirl: Huge congrats to you, I hope my comments earlier in the thread didn't leave you with a bad taste.

I really am happy to be here, I am mostly just scared of NYC childcare costs.

37. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@plantains: Aaaahhhh! Just poked my head in and saw this! Congrats!

38. LML

cherry / 129 posts

Congrats to all of you ladies! I turn 35 in two months and I hope to be joining you sometime in 2015!

39. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@plantains: no worries, and likewise. I hope you can work out the childcare concerns & thoroughly enjoy your pregnancy.

40. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@plantains: ah hhhhhhhhhh! Yay! I'm so excited!!! Have a wonderful pregnancy! I'll be stalking for sure.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee