I went to the OB this morning and when they weighed me my OB was shocked I had gained 9 lbs in a little over 2 weeks. I am too! I mean, I knew I was swelling but I never thought I had put on that much weight! I was surprised when I saw the scale too but laughed it off. I am 36 weeks tomorrow and am kinda concerned. After she saw that she scheduled a sono which she doesn't normally do.

My BP was really high the first time they took it. They had me re-take it after taking a deep breath and it lowered to high but normal... but I don't walk around all day concentrating on deep breaths! My swelling has kicked up quite a bit all of the sudden but my OB saw me early in the morning when I was hardly swelling at all. I told her that by noon I would be huge but she didn't seem concerned.

She is obviously concerned about the sudden extreme weight gain though... And so am I! She tried to play it off but, ugh... what could cause such a huge jump in such a short amount of time? Even if I had eaten nothing but cake in the last 2 weeks it wouldn't have added 9 lbs all at once!

Any thoughts? She didn't give me any so I am kinda in the dark here... I guess we will know something after the sono next week but still.

Did anybody else experience anything similar maybe?