Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

A Season of Miracles - December 2014 POAS

1. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@californiadreams: Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

2. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@abmamma: thank you!

I have a question for those who know more about TTC than me. How important is POAS with the FMU? When I wake in the morning, i have to pee right away, so i should test right away. But i start work late tomorrow and would love to wait until DH is gone and I drop LO at daycare, than go home alone and test. Could it actually affect the result if i don't use the FMU?

3. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@californiadreams: It's best to test with FMU because usually it has the highest concentration of HCG. That's not saying you couldn't get a BFP if you test later. You just might get a negative when it's really not.

4. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@californiadreams: yes. Using urine after your fmu may result in a false negative because it's more diluted.

5. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@californiadreams: It may depend on how sensitive the test you are using is. I think the FRER box says FMU is not necessary. I got my initial BFP this time using middle of the day pee and it showed up. You can also try holding it for a few hours so it isn't so diluted too. Others may have more insight-- those are my two cents!

6. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@JennyG: i figured it would be something like that. With LO1, i tested in the late afternoon at 7.5 weeks with a dollar store test and i had a very dark line twice. But tomorrow is just the end of the TWW. I actually only have a dollar store test that I bought months ago before AF came back and that's what i am planning to use. So regardless of the result, I will likely test again in a couple of days with a digital if still no AF.

7. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@travellingbee: @abmamma: okay, well i didn't need much convincing. I will test first thing with my dollar store test and then go out to buy a FRER or clearblue or something and perhaps test again that day or the next.

8. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@californiadreams: I was the same when I got a BFP with my DS. It was the middle of the afternoon, but I was about 5 weeks when I ended up testing. I'll be testing tomorrow as well. I hope we both have some good news to share.

9. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@JennyG: good luck to you! i am nervous to get a positive too as i am not 100% ready to be pregnant again, but i didn't want to miss this month because of the timing, so even if i get a BFP, i might freak out a little, lol.

10. mrs scrapbook

apricot / 375 posts

@californiadreams: @JennyG: good luck tomorrow!!!

11. Bea

kiwi / 578 posts

@californiadreams: @JennyG:

12. Chaosmaven

apricot / 315 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Sorry to disappear! I didn't test yesterday, as I didn't want to be disappointed prematurely. But I have a BFN this morning at 12 dpo. My temp dropped yesterday but my spotting stopped so I thought maybe it was just delayed. A horrible night of sleep led to no temp this morning... So I don't know what to expect. I'm pretty sure I will be a rollover, just have to wait for AF

I knew that it was unlikely I would conceive the cycle after a m/c, but it is still a bummer. Doesn't help that timing for this next cycle will be during travel for the holidays - not looking forward to that. Plus I woke up with a full blown cold - blah!

@mrsjd: Congratulations!

@californiadreams: @JennyG: Good luck! Hope we can get back on track with our BFPs for this month!!

13. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

Well, BFN today. I know I'm not out yet, but I'm trying to prepare myself for disappointment. I was so sure that this was the month. Ugh, I might test tomorrow or just wait until Saturday.

14. mrs scrapbook

apricot / 375 posts

Ugh. Trying not to freak out, but I think maybe I didn't O?

I was so excited to have a "normal" cycle last month - my third off BC (after being on it for almost 10 years due to PCOS). So I thought I ovulated yesterday - two positive opks, and temp raise of .4 back to where the cover line would most likely be yesterday on day 2 of the positive opk after a big drop the day before on day 1 of the positive opk. All the same as last month. I should have a big rise today.

But then today I accidentally woke up early when DH's alarm went off (and he accidentally took the covers off my back and I was so cold!) so I temped without looking at the time. Saw that the temp was about the same as yesterday and looked at the clock. Early. So I tried to go back to sleep for 30 minutes until it was time to temp. It didn't go well, but I didn't get up or move. That temp was up where I expected it to be (.4 above yesterday/cover line)

I'm just afraid the first temp was the "real" one and the second is just me manipulating it.

And I'm so upset I it means I didn't O. I was so hopeful for this cycle

Oh...and now I'm off to a job interview. But all I can think about is this! Go me!

15. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Chaosmaven: you never know! FX for you
    If AF does rear her ugly head, at least you'll get another chance this month? It's still early yet!

16. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@mrs scrapbook: Good luck at your interview!!! You could actually be ovulating today. The positive opk means you might within 24-48 hrs of it, so a dip today could be good for you! P.S. I didn't think that I o'ed AT ALL this cycle...and now I've got a bean growing.

17. Bea

kiwi / 578 posts

@JennyG: how many dpo are you?

@Chaosmaven: Fingers still crossed for you!

@mrs scrapbook: your temp tomorrow should give you more insight. Right? Good luck in your interview!!

18. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@Bea: Today is 10 dpo, I think. I don't temp, but used OPK. I got a positive last Sunday (11/23), so it is possible today is only 9 dpo.

19. mrs scrapbook

apricot / 375 posts

@Mrs. J: Thanks! I got the job

And thank you so much - you made me feel much better about this! I realized I had my dates a little off - the positives were Monday/Tuesday, not Tuesday/Wednesday (I really need to get back to work and on a schedule again!)

I also had super super crazy cramping on and off Tuesday and Wednesday (like almost had to kneel down in the grocery store because it hurt so badly! That is normal for me right before AF but not ovulation so much...) But DH pointed out that I've been sleeping with my mouth open because I was stuffed up! So that could have messed with my temperature. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens!

But the fact that you thought you didn't O and know have a little bean growing has definitely restored my hopefulness!

20. mrs scrapbook

apricot / 375 posts

@Bea: Thanks! I did get the job! I am so excited!!! Tomorrow's temp will help. I'm just feeling a little Veruca Salt-ish and feeling like "I want to know and I want to know now!!!" TTC brings out all of the wonderful calm and level headed emotions, right?

21. mrs.gm

grape / 84 posts

@mrs scrapbook: congrats on the job! I hope you get a BFP this month too!

22. mrs scrapbook

apricot / 375 posts

@mrs.gm: Thank you! That would be an amazing December!!!

23. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Chaosmaven: fingers still crossed!

@JennyG: I still have hope for you!

@mrs scrapbook: good luck with the interview!

Today is good so far. Wondfo same darkness as yesterday, which is better than it getting lighter, but I want it to get even darker. Called and got an OB appt for next week due to previous loss. Tomorrow is the big AF test... And I am allowing myself another frer and even a digital. I am officially crazy lady! I need this little bean to stick!

24. Chaosmaven

apricot / 315 posts

POAS Dates

BFP
    Mrs. J; abmamma; Mrs. Microscope; mrsjd

TBD: jaguar; raspberries; Crystal

12/4: californiadreams
    12/5: busylizzy111; Navy_Mommy
    12/6: chaosmaven; jennyg; Ashleyf21
    12/9: fairseas
    12/10: 2farmmoms; kgbee
    12/11: yerpie110
    12/12: ballerinabee; kjpugs
    12/13: hilsy85
    12/14: snickers
    12/15: Willow
    12/16: MissLace; mrs scrapbook
    12/17: MrsADS; NorthStar
    12/23: AprilFool; SugarplumsMom; Mrs.GM
    12/24: Bea
    12/25: AMommyThang
    12/26: SunnyFarmMama
    12/29: Honeygold89
    12/30: My Only Sunshine
    12/31: EleanorRigby; yogirunner

Cheerleaders: mrsmcarthy; faithfertility; simply felicity; little blessings; travellingbee

25. Bea

kiwi / 578 posts

@JennyG: Still early, girl!! Sending BFP thoughts your way

@mrs scrapbook: Congratulations!!! That's awesome!
    TTC brings out all sorts of crazy stuff haha!

26. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@californiadreams: did you test? I was also going to suggest if you want to use fmu but test later, could you pee in a cup and save it till after you drop your LO off at daycare? Then just dip the test? I've heard of people doing that!

27. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@QBbride: That is such a good idea. Sometimes I am dying to pee at like 5:15 in the morning, when I don't have to be up until 6. This morning I fumbled with the test and then waited to see, ugh, all at 5:15 in the morning. But I could just test later when I'm actually awake.

28. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@mrsjd: @Mrs. Microscope: Congratulations! Wishing you *very* sticky pregnancies!

@californiadreams: I used a dollar store test on 12dpo and got a faint line and it wasn't with FMU...maybe a 3 hour hold or something. Wishing you the best!

29. mrs.gm

grape / 84 posts

Can I consider this a positive wondfo OPK? (Sorry for the terrible phone pic.) This is my first cycle using them so I want to be sure! If it is positive, does this mean DH and I should for sure BD starting tomorrow?? This is the first dark line I've seen all week so I'm kind of excited.

30. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@mrs.gm: yep, positive! I would BD tonight and next two days.

31. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@JennyG: aw, maybe there is still hope for you though. i didn't realize you were still so early post ovulation.

I tested this morning, first thing, and it was BFN as predicted.

I wasn't as disappointed as i thought i would be, more relieved actually. I think i really need at least a few weeks to start getting my life back on track post-PhD before worrying about if i am pregnant (and now i can). The logical side in me knows there is not a big difference between being 34 years and 11 months versus 35 years and 1 month when having a baby. And it is better for my career to have this month so i work a full year before taking a year long mat leave.

......that being said, still no sign of AF, CD30 today. If i don't get it by this Sunday, I will test again!

32. mrs.gm

grape / 84 posts

@kjpugs: ahh, thank you! Crossing my fingers for a BFP later this month.

33. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@mrs.gm: yes, that is positive! I'd also BD tonight plus the next two nights... make sure to cover your bases!

34. mrs.gm

grape / 84 posts

@QBbride: thanks, I will! I just informed DH of this plan, and he has no objections.

35. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@QBbride: great minds think alike!
    @mrs.gm: woohoo!!!!

36. Mrs. Turtle

blogger / pear / 1509 posts

Congrats to all those with BFPs already this month! Seems like we are off to a good start. I'm still fighting this really brutal cold. Left work early today after suffering through for most of the day. I'm really anxious for this weekend to come so I have an answer. I'm 10 or 12 dpo depending on the app I use (my temps were all over the place this month, even more than usual, so I'm not exactly sure what day I ovulated) and I'm determined not to test until AF is officially late. It should be here by Tuesday at the absolute latest, but I'm really expecting it late this weekend. The wait continues. These two weeks go by so much slower than the first two weeks of the cycle!

37. FairSeas

coffee bean / 37 posts

I'm trying not to symptom spot too obsessively, but it's part of the fun, right? Just a little puffy, crampy/bloated feeling and burping a lot, which were my only early (pre-test) symptoms last time. Could be the late dinner I ate, or the extra coffee I had today or the control top hose I have on.

I was looking at the First Response site yesterday and it said I could test as early as tomorrow. I'm debating. Waiting till the 9th would probably be less of a waste of a test and I could just wait till the 10th-13th to see if I have a missed period. I guess I just have to decide which side I want to do my waiting on!

38. Mrs. Turtle

blogger / pear / 1509 posts

Well, I caved. BFN. Of course it's only 10 or maybe 12 DPO. And it definitely wasn't FMU. Total waste of a test but being home alone is dangerous for me apparently! I don't have any other tests in the house, and live 20 minutes or so from the nearest store, so it shouldn't be hard for me to wait till AF is due now! I don't feel pregnant, although I suppose I wouldn't know what that would feel like. I am sick so haven't been symptom spotting much, but I certainly haven't noticed anything remarkable. Trying not to feel too discouraged as the logical side of me knows 1) I'm not out till AF comes and 2) I'm only on cycle #2 ttc, but the less logical side worries this is going to be harder than we thought, and the stress/$/time each month of time off, long drive, AI in a hotel is all a bit much, especially for 1 or maybe 2 shots per cycle. Wishing things were simpler for us at the moment!

39. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

BFN this morning....AF this evening. I guess there is my final answer :(. I'm a little more disappointed now than I was this morning.

I'll be trying again this month and POAS on dec 31 possibly, so add me to the bottom of the list please

Gonna have a glass of wine now

40. Chaosmaven

apricot / 315 posts

And I'm out… AF arrived over night. I'm glad to have a normal length cycle at least. I think I can get 1 more cycle in by the end of the month so there is hope yet - might be a nice way to start the new year!

@californiadreams: Right there with you! At least we get to drink now - I can actually have a glass of wine on Christmas guilt free.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee