Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

A Year of New Beginnings and BFPS! - January 2015 POAS

1. Berly

cherry / 107 posts

@MrsDoo: Congratulations and happy anniversary!
    @wheres_c: Yay for TTC!
    @NovBaby1112: I totally see a line, congrats!

2. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@NovBaby1112: i have been testing every day, sometimes twice. Last night it was negative, but i did notice the line was a bit darker than usual so i was hoping it might be positive today but not expecting it. last month, it was positive for 3 days straight.

3. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@MrsDoo: Congrats!! Happy anniversary!
    @NovBaby1112: FX! Hope you get a super clear line tomorrow!
    @chaosmaven: eee! good luck if you test early!

4. CObee

cherry / 189 posts

@Chaosmaven: no good news for me unfortunately.. AF came early and I found out at about the same time that my thyroid bloodwork came back at weird levels that don't really make sense so I have to sit out and wait to have it drawn again next month and fix whatever's wrong. Waiting is the worst!!! So I'll have to join a whole new bunch of ladies (because you'll all have your bfp's by then ) on the March or April Poas boards. Good luck to everyone in the meantime!!

5. CObee

cherry / 189 posts

@NovBaby1112: congrats on your early bfp!! What a great sign for this take home baby

6. SugarplumsMom

bananas / 9227 posts

@MrsDoo: Congratulations!
    @wheres_c: Hurray for the good news!
    @NovBaby1112: I see it!
    @Chaosmaven: I'm definitely out this month. I haven't quite decided if I'll rollover to Feb though (I'm thinking of taking a month break, I need to completely get over being sick).

7. Mrs. Turtle

blogger / pear / 1509 posts

@NovBaby1112: wow! Congrats! I might have to test early this cycle too. So hard to wait!

8. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Chaosmaven: sorry to be a bad influence! goodluck to you tomorrow if you do end up testing, and to everyone else who is close behind!!

@californiadreams: oh then you should be fine! I usually only get a positive for 1 day and then O the next day, but it sounds like you have a longer surge!
    @Berly: @Mrs. J: @CObee: @SugarplumsMom: @2farmmoms: thanks ladies!

@2farmmoms: it IS so hard to wait, I'm terribly impatient! Goodluck!

So I never got to pick up FRERs today and DH will be home late, so guessing I won't be able to test In the AM unless I use a digital I have, we'll see.

9. Ocean girl

kiwi / 637 posts

@NovBaby1112: I see it!! That's what my BFP looked like earlier in the month it will get darker! Congrats!

10. VegasBabyVegas

pea / 11 posts

@Chaosmaven: Hi all... Just checking in. Currently on CD40, and have made friends with CVS lady who I keep seeing when I go to buy ANOTHER pack of tests. All negative. Guess this is bcp withdrawal rearing its ugly head.

11. artsyfartsy

cantaloupe / 6692 posts

I've been lurking, waiting to join the Feb POAS board when it pops up because that's when I'll POAS...but I'm on CD11 in my first cycle TTC and my body is just so out of whack. I've only had one full cycle PP and I feel like I'm going in blind. I'm temping and going to use OPKs, but my last cycle was 42 days long so I don't know what to expect! It could be shorter this month...who knows.

My temp readings are all over the place so far (this is my first time temping). BLAH. I just feel like this is a mess. Lol. Just wanted to post my frustrations even though I'm not POAS this month!

12. Mrs. Turtle

blogger / pear / 1509 posts

@NovBaby1112: it is. The last three months I had it easier because I didn't have any tests in the house. This month I feel so much better about the timing and how all of the inseminations have gone so far (tonight should be our fifth and last this cycle), which I can already tell is going to make things so much harder! Plus, I had to order more wondfo OPKs, and the pack came with 10 pregnancy tests too. So... they're just sitting there waiting for me. I'm cd 16 today, expecting my temp to jump tomorrow, with 3 days of positive OPKs.

13. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

For those ladies who use clear blue OPKs (the regular not the advanced), do you usually get a smiley the day before you O? or the day of O? Just trying to figure out the odds that I may O tomorrow vs Friday/later on (depending on what the OPK says tomorrow).

Also is it totally stupid to start using a new thermometer in the middle of a cycle?

14. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@hilsy85: they say not to change thermometers. What's wrong with your old one?

15. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Mrs. J: I accidentally washed it with a load of laundry (thanks to LO putting it in the machine when I wasn't looking!) It seemed to work ok last month (showed a temp spike), but I've had 4 days of the same temp this month, which has never happened before. It did show a different temp when I took it at a differnet time of day, so its not like it's frozen on a temp, I just feel like it's not entirely accurate. But I guess I should probably just wait til next cycle, and I am at least doing the OPKs so even if my temp doesn't show O I should get it from the OPKs...

16. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@NovBaby1112: congratulations!

17. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@Danizaur: ahh fx for you I had a feeling you would start soon hopefully you're not around when Im able to start back in April/May

18. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@wheres_c: that's great news good luck

19. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@hilsy85: I've used the clear blue regular ones and I've found I usually O the day after my first smiley. I may get another smiley the day of O but I usually just get it for 1 day. Hoping you see that face soon!

20. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Danizaur: welcome and goodluck!!

So I used another wondfo this morning, slightly darker line. But got Not pregnant on a digital. At this point, since AF is still like 4 days away, I'm just going to wait until 13-14 dpo and then call my dr and see if I can have bloodwork done. I really don't want to analyze lines like last month

21. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@NovBaby1112: Thanks! No smiley today, but hopefully tomorrow...

And FWIW, I think digitals are like the least sensitive of the tests, so you need to have a lot of HCG in your system for them to show positive (relative to other tests). And it's still so early for you! I still think you should try a FRER tomorrow, but I also totally think that talking to your doctor is a good idea!

22. Chaosmaven

apricot / 315 posts

Oh so frustrated... Trying not to cry right now. I'm 9 dpo. Yesterday my temp fell from a high of 98.4 to 97.56, just above the coverline. I had some brownish red cm that stopped by the end of the day. I was hopeful that it might be an implantation dip... But also nervous as I've had days of spotting for the last 2 cycles. Today it dropped .2 to just below the coverline. The spotting has started again and I think I'm out. But this would mean that since my miscarriage I've had LPs of 12 days, 10 days, and now 8 days? This is the shortest cycle I've ever had in my entire life (24 days) - what gives?

23. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@hilsy85: yea, true...I spent so much on FRERs last month but I do like them the best- maybe I'll pick up some today and test tomorrow at 11dpo.

@Chaosmaven: I'm so sorry it could still be implantation though I think? It seems odd that your LP would get so much shorter...hoping its not AF starting for you!

24. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@NovBaby1112: I agree with @hilsy85 that digitals are the most sensitive. I can completely agree with you on spending mucho dollars on FRER. The month I had a CP, I don't even want to calculate how much money I spent trying to analyze the darkening or lightening of lines.

25. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Chaosmaven: I'm sorry! Is it possible you're just spotting before AF? I wouldn't count your LP as over until AF shows...are you having B complex this cycle or did I make that up? Did you BD or something that could have irritated your cervix?

26. Chaosmaven

apricot / 315 posts

@NovBaby1112: @hilsy85: It could be just spotting before AF or possibly implantation... I've never seen evidence of a 2 day implantation dip before though? I think I just freaked out because the small dip below the coverline was so similar to how it was last month the day AF started. I was so happy that spotting didn't start on day 6 this month, and then with the double dip all my worries came back. And I am taking a B Complex (although not the 50 mg, but a stress b complex that brings my totals to 8 mg of B6 and 15 mg of B12 - not sure that it is the right one or has any effect)...

27. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

And the saga continues....

After a few days of cramps and even more EWCM, I just took another OPK (today is CD 23) and got this. It's definitely positive! But just on the off chance that I actually did ovulate on CD 15, I went ahead and took a pregnancy test too, since I know sometimes people can get a positive OPK when they're pregnant. I got annoyed after a minute or two and just threw it away, but I went back and looked at it after probably 20 minutes or so and saw the faintest of all faint lines. The logical part of me is pretty sure it's just an evaporation line. It has to be, right? Uggggghhhh why did I even take that test? Do you guys even see the line?

28. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

I'm 5DPO and my temp dipped below the cover line today. It's only my first cycle ever temping so am I definitely out then? I'm still figuring this whole thing out. I think I breathe through my mouth and should stop temping orally. But I really like my Kinsa smart thermometer! ARGH.

Edit: Here's my chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/m/home.php/564492

29. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@jodyblair: I totally see SOMETHING on the pregnancy test, near the bottom of the test. I would say try again tomorrow!!
    @Chaosmaven: what's the deal with the open circle temp from yesterday? if you take it out, then it just looks like it dipped straight down, not a gradual shift down, which has happened to be before (and happened in my bfp chart, I will try to link it).

@Finfan: I don't think it necessarily means you're out esp if you breath thru your mouth. Keep temping and see what happens.

30. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@jodyblair: that happened to me earlier this month. I got a very positive line on an opk and thought it was weird because I tho I was only on cd 7 and tested with a hpt and got a faint positive on a cheapie and I was actually pregnant but as you know It was an ectopic pregnancy. But I had what I thought was af for 4 days before that but it was really the baby implanting in my tube. But I wish you nothing but luck, try another hpt and wait on it cause I see a faint line there too
    Oh and p.s. I also had ewcm and cramping before I got my positive

31. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@jodyblair: I Totally see a faint line!! Test again tomorrow! Eek goodluck!!!

@Chaosmaven: agree with hilsy, what caused the open circle? Could still be a dip- esp if this is so early for you to be getting AF! Has the spotting stopped?

@Finfan: this cycle my temp dipped below cover line at 5dpo and I got a faint positive at 9dpo! So not at all- see what happens tomorrow

32. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

Just got my smiley face OPK woo hoo! Now to try to convince DH that BDing needs to happen today, since we did it last night..he's got a hard life Do you think that's enough or would you do tomorrow as well?

33. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@hilsy85: woo hoo!! I would def do tonight and then if you feel up to it try for tomorrow. We stopped the day after I got my smiley though but I'm not sure how long your surge is! You could ovulate tomorrow or even the day after...

34. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@jodyblair: That looks like a real line to me (I feel like I see color, and evaps don't have that, right?), and it looks a lot like my very earliest positives. Fingers crossed for you

35. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@NovBaby1112: true...so weird, I got a blank circle this morning and a smiley this afternoon, which makes me think this is the beginning of my surge? But no idea how long it lasts. Well, I will def try for tonight, and then if I can convince him, tomorrow, and if not tomorrow, then Saturday. OMG I'm tired just thinking about it, lol!

36. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Chaosmaven: I had some funky dips my bfp with LO:

37. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@hilsy85: yep you probably caught the very beginning of it! I believe i read you O 36 hours from beginning of surge, and 12 hours from very end of surge. Hah I know, it's so tiring now a days!

38. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

Thanks for the good thoughts! I'm in serious denial that it's a true positive HPT. I need to head to the grocery store in a few minutes so I might pick up some First response tests. I didn't test with first morning urine so the chance of that test really being positive (and at only 9dpo) is slim to none. I guess I just have to wait and see!

39. Chaosmaven

apricot / 315 posts

@jodyblair: I see something! Eek - fingers crossed for you!

@finfan: I've had dips that early before, I wouldn't worry yet unless AF arrives. There is a surge of estrogen between 4-6 dpo that can cause a dip in temp at that point.

@hilsy85: @NovBaby1112: It was because I checked off sleep deprived in the specifics. I was exhausted off and on (it came in waves) Tues, but then couldn't fall asleep at all. I eventually fell asleep sometime after 2:30am, and only slept for 4 hours. Could that be affecting my temp for that day? I always thought the rule was at least 3 hours of consecutive sleep. I woke up at the same time as normal... hmmm. Oh well, I'm still spotting brownish red but only with minimal cramping. Spotting just makes me so nervous after my m/c since I had some before my bfp with that one too. Crossing my fingers that it jumps back up tomorrow!

40. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

Thanks, ladies! I'll keep temping and report back in a day or two.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee