Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2019 POAS - "Summer Lovin' Had Me A BLAST ..."

1. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Hypothetically: you start very light spotting (only one smudge worth on a tampon per day) on 9 dpo. Now at 12 dpo you see nothing. Do you test? Even on vacation? Spotting this long isnโ€™t normal except last month

2. SweetCaroline

pear / 1718 posts

@LAZB: I would test! As for on vacation, depends. When are you back?

3. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Good morning ladies - slow start to the morning just watching cartoons with DD. Trying to pass the time in this 2WW and itโ€™s already just dragging on. Debating a Target ๐ŸŽฏ tun but afraid that could result in a $200 dent in my wallet and only temporary distraction. Whatโ€™s everyone else doing today? Fortunately I work all day tomorrow, so that will keep me busy.

4. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@SweetCaroline: we donโ€™t get back until Wednesday night, so a while.

5. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: I would definitely test. Do you mean 12 dpo or CD12? At 12 dpo, it would be great time for a test, at CD12 following a cycle length of only spotting (which may have been an implantation bleed), you would surely see "something" as you would be around 24 dpo. Forgive me, I can't remember if you were on BCP last cycle or it was a retrieval cycle ... so many of us are doing IUI or IVF that I can't keep track. (HECK, I can't even keep track of my own wacky cycle! ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚) If you were on BCP, it is between 90-99% effective. My DD was conceived while I was on the pill. Of course the efficacy was compromised by my anticonvulsant medication.

@yellowbeach: A Target run sounds spectacular! Of course, I am in the same boat as you, as I always end up spending 200 to 400 bucks (Kid's clothing, Honest Co. Trainers, housewares, a toy or 2, wine, Annie's bunnies ... I just keep going. ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคฃ).
    As for me, this is DH's first weekend back so it'll be a day filled with yard work, laundry from his training, and, grilling. He has 1 day of training next Saturday (they will be cleaning their weapons and organizing gear from CSTX) so we will be trying to make the best of this weekend. May even take the kids to the movies. IDK.

6. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: oh no, Iโ€™m 12 dpo, not 24 no way I could wait that long!

7. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

As for me, at 5 dpo, my temps took a steep dip, HOWEVER, I FINALLY have solid crosshairs.
    In my curiosity, I looked up charts on FF investigating the possibility of a BFP in having intercourse the day AFTER ovulation. Out of over 100 charts 73% were ovulatory, 24 were BFP, and the remaining charts were MC (which atleast means the woman fell pregnant so it is a possibility ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ). Now, enter in a CD10 ovulation and only 4 charts appear with 2 ovulatory (50%), 1 BFP (25%), and 1 MC (25%) so, the chance for sperm to fertilize egg is 50-50. ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ
    Trying to stay hopeful here.

Here is the kicker, though: Based on different settings (FAM, Research, and Advanced), I could have actually ovulated anywhere from CD 9 to CD 11! So confusing!

8. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: Thank goodness! I think I was just confused because of your question [yesterday] about 5 days of spotting and what constitutes a period. ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ In any case, I would test simply because of the circumstances and odd nature of your AF.

9. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: hey, you never know!

10. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Tested and itโ€™s negative. Of course I see a shadow because these darn things always have them, but at 12 dpo I am confident itโ€™s not anything. Excited for my transfer next month and a true positive!

11. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: Well, atleast you now know where you stand this cycle. I am very excited for your up-and-coming transfer ... AND, I will be even MORE excited to see your BFP. Next month I go for my IUI. It was supposed to be mid-August but it looks more like it will be late August or early September. Hoping it is all I need to finally fall pregnant.

12. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: hopefully it will be a successful cycle for both of us! Would love to move on with you!

13. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

You guys Iโ€™m on like my 3rd wave of nausea ๐Ÿฅดtoday. Afraid to get my hopes up. Probably just getting sick from a patient I saw last night. Too early for HCG to be high enough to cause any symptoms.

14. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: Fingers ๐Ÿคž and toes ๐Ÿ‘ฃ crossed!

15. MoonMoon

pomegranate / 3392 posts

@yellowbeach: I need to hear about this patient! Or do I...

16. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@MoonMoon: Oh nothing exciting - just two different people with gastroenteritis ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿคฒ๐Ÿงผ

17. MoonMoon

pomegranate / 3392 posts

@yellowbeach: ack, no fun! ๐Ÿคฎ

So ladies... 9 days left of the TWW... How to pass the time ???

18. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MoonMoon: I've got 12. ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜ฑ It is going to drive me crazy ๐Ÿคช figuring out if I OVed on CD 9, 10, or 11 (* see my post wayyyy above) and whether or not we missed our chance.
    As to what I do to waste time, I keep busy with work (which is a bit more difficult as fall semester has yet to begin but I am modifying lesson plans for my classes ... I will have 2.), and the kids, my clients' workouts, and reading... But all of that goes out the window when I check up on the board. ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿคฃ I start thinking all things fertility-related, TTC, and the TWW. ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ Since you are in a medical field, I assume your profession keeps you extremely busy (a definite plus during the TWW), as well as, your LO. Perhaps a few day trips on your days off, or a movie night (or 2?). ๐Ÿ˜‰ Not "thinking" TWW when TCC is so flippin' hard!

19. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Moonmoon: @Yellowbeach:

Am I right ....? ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

20. MoonMoon

pomegranate / 3392 posts

@Kaohinani: yessss! I love your suggestions for keeping busy, but as you said it's the mental piece that's the hardest

21. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MoonMoon: In all honesty, I admire women like you and @Yellowbeach: (and all ladies in a medical field) as you all have to put yourselves in compromising positions while TTC and, again, when pregnant. You also have to see and deal with "things" that would make most people's stomach churn while pregnant (* Ugh, the smells and nausea in the 1st trimester!). I appreciate you all as the closest I have ever gotten to dealing with said situations include cleaning studentd' ports, changing student diapers, cleaning up students after seizures (I have tons of empathy for them as I also have SD), and retrieving a student's fingers (2) when she slammed them in a metal frame door and the tips were severed off (thank God for clean linens, ziplock bags, and ice) ... I couldn't imagine dealing with such on a daily basis while pregnant. You all are my heroes.

22. MoonMoon

pomegranate / 3392 posts

@Kaohinani: to be fair I haven't faced any of that while pregnant yet! I do wonder what a potential first trimester would be like as a nurse. Last time I was teaching, so I had a lot of opportunities for sleep, and no smells to deal with! If I'm lucky enough to become pregnant, I'll be leaning on you more experienced ladies for advice four sure

23. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani: Thanks lady. Being pregnant my last year of residency was especially hard -(not that I have anything to compare it to), but working 80-100 hrs/week, switching from days to nights and then back again... itโ€™s no wonder I got so sick and delivered early. The job itself wasnโ€™t bad pregnant, just the schedule. Also trying to pump in the ED environment is just a setup for failure. No scheduled breaks, and as soon as youโ€™d hook up and turn it on, a stroke would come in. Should be easier this time around (if I ever get my BFP) since Iโ€™m the boss now and not a trainee. Get more say in my schedule and hours.

AFM, all that nausea today and then was craving milk at dinner. I only ever craved milk late in my first pregnancy and when breastfeeding. Trying not to read into too much.

24. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Good morning ladies. Woke up early today for a 7a-7p shift at work.

Iโ€™ve been testing out my trigger this transfer and I think as of this morning itโ€™s finally gone. Just hoping for return if that second line in the next day or so. ๐Ÿคž

25. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: I am sorry I didn't see your post last night. I can only imagine how difficult it must have been working so many hours in a high-stress career while pregnant! Pumping at work is also the worst! My situation was not nearly as extreme as yours, but, after I had DD, the school turned an old custodial closet into a "pumping room." I had a chair, a desk, and a small area to place my bag. It smelled of must as wet mops and brooms had been stored there. One other mom and I used to alternate using it. The worst part is that I could hear students passing by asking, "What is that noise?!?!" (referring to my pump, of course) And a few times, students would try to open the door! Needless to say, it dramatically cut down on an already lacking milk supply! ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ With my son, it wasn't as bad (different school) but I did have to walk across the campus to pump in a small room without AC.

Now, responding to today's post: Your HPTs are showing a definite regression! I can't wait to see that line reemerge. I am feeling pretty good about this cycle [for you.]. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

26. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: @Lazb:

#Truth. ๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿ’‰๐Ÿ’‰๐Ÿ’‰๐Ÿ’Š

27. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

I'm back at work and will probably be here a lot more too as I'm near a computer allll day long.

After my last dramatic update (I'm sorry for that, I was not in a good place) things have gotten a bit better. I actually slept well the last two nights of my vacation and SO and I had the chance to take a little road trip. He's feeling a lot better after a week of rest.

Our car troubles are kind of resolved too, we found out that the spare parts we need aren't in production anymore so we'll just use it until it works and have to get a new one after that. It's not the perfect situation, but at least we know where we are.

The flood issue is not resolved however. I'm sure we'll have to pay for some remodeling in the downstairs apartments, but I have no idea how much and when.

I gave my boss my notice a week ago and today I got the chance to tell one of my co-workers that I'm leaving. Nobody is very happy about it, but at least it's out there now. Three weeks and three days to go. I'm still not sure how I feel about that, but I think it was the right choice in the long run.

That leads to the next thing - what to do about the IVF we have scheduled in November? Should we postpone it for a few months, as I have been on the new place for only two months by that time? Should we go ahead as it may not work anyway? How will I even get all the time off needed for the appointments... It would have been a lot easier to arrange on my current position, but our lives have been half halted because of TTC for the last six years anyway and it felt wrong to pass on this work opportunity.

Sooo...a long post with no real news. I just wanted to say I'm back and I'm better and you all rock and I've missed you.

28. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: Wow, your post was quite the rollercoaster ride of news! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ I'm glad your car issues were, at minimum, resolved in so far as you have a plan after it's demise. I am also very happy that [even though your boss and co-worker aren't thrilled over your impending departure], you will be moving on to a position you feel you are better suited for. As for the flood issue, I'm just sorry. It is something that, probably, should have been covered over a contract or included in house/rental insurance but I do not know how widely used it would be internationally. It is just a frustrating (and expensive) spot to be in. Most importantly is your up-and-coming IVF procedure for which I will share my logic on: Go for it. Weighing out pros and cons may help you solidify your decision; however, I believe that you have come so far in your quest for pregnancy that it would be pointless to stop when you would be given your best possible scenario to work with. Be honest with your new [job] position (* I know it is a pain to do so), stating that due to a condition, you will need several physician appointments a month but will make certain to maintain a high level of consistency and a superb work ethic. I feel for you, as you are in a tough spot. Personally, I would not postpone your IVF as, I have heavily been influence by my own situation in which my AMH fell considerably in 6 mos. I always visualize the clock ticking away on my fertility. Were it available, I would take the chance. ๐Ÿ˜‰

29. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MaybeBaby: @Raspberries: @MrsPanda:

Just checking in with you ladies.
    Hoping you will join the board but I do understand if you choose not to. I'm thinking of you all!

@FuzzyPeaches: I'm checking up on you, hun. How are you holding up?

30. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: Thank you for your answer. We most probably will continue with our IVF plans, luckily there are a few more months to go and we have some time to figure it all out.
    I have another appointment in a month and a half where I can discuss everything with my doctor too.
    It would be so much easier if would happen naturally though...

31. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

So hereโ€™s todayโ€™s update. Once again I am in FRER limbo. ๐Ÿคฏ

First pic in the progression when they were all at right at 3 min. Second pick is at around 4 min for todayโ€™s compared to yesterdayโ€™s.

ETA: Iโ€™m afraid it could still be a difference in how concentrated my urine is and be a touch of trigger so Iโ€™m not calling it a win yet by any means

32. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@yellowbeach: I see great progression in second pic! FX!

33. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@yellowbeach: I totally see a line on that last test!!!

34. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

10 DPO. Not sure it photographed that well, but I'm hopeful ๐Ÿคž

35. SweetCaroline

pear / 1718 posts

Holy smokes...big haps on the board this AM.

@JennyLayneAZ: Congrats!! I totally see it and I never see it! Fx for a string progression.

@yellowbeach: Ahh! So tough to tell, good point on the urine concentration.fx you see serious progression next test!!!

36. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Today is ON FIRE ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ!

@yellowbeach: I definitely see something!!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿคž I am hoping it is not left over trigger ... I can't wait to see your FRER tomorrow!

@JennyLayneAZ: I kinda see something!!! It has a very faint pink tinge. So exciting! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿคž Will you test again later today or wait until tomorrow?

37. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

๐ŸŒžโ›ฑ๐Ÿน๐Ÿ•ถ August 2019 POAS ๐Ÿ•ถ๐Ÿนโ›ฑ๐ŸŒž

26 July - CatchAFallingStar -
    31 July - Paranundrum
    1 Aug - FuzzyPeaches -
    6 Aug - JennyLayneAZ - (* waiting for confirmation of a )
    7 Aug - Yellowbeach - (* waiting for confirmation of a )
    11 Aug - JennyPenny
    12 Aug - MoonMoon
    14 Aug - SweetCaroline
    14 Aug - BreakOutTheIceCream
    22 Aug - Mrs.Chickpea

TBD - ,
    No POAS - Kaohinani
    Drop-In BFP -

๐Ÿคธโ€โ™€๏ธ ๏ฟผ๐Ÿ“ฃ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธ Amazing Cheerleaders:
    - Lazb
    - Sam's Mom
    - CrazyDogLady
    - PachaMama
    - BHBee
    - MrsJBEEG

38. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@yellowbeach: @JennyLayneAZ: Exciting, fingers crossed! Can't wait to see the next tests!

39. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: I see something!!

@yellowbeach: that looks so promising, I understand the trigger purgatory but crossing everything for you!

40. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@bhbee: @paranundrum: @Kaohinani: @SweetCaroline: thanks ladies. My plan is to wait until tomorrow morning to test again. I'm going to buy a digi at lunch for later this week and probably some FRERs too so i can pee on all the things lol

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee