Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2016 POAS

1. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating!

2. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

Well I hope everyone had a good thanksgiving. Day 1 of Clomid so far so good, fingers crossed I survive the rest of the time with family with little to no side effects

3. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

I've survived two days of in-laws, one more to go lol! Day three is usually when the gloves come off.

I'm on day four of flashing high fertility smileys! We BD the first day, and then this morning. We were two busy with families the other two days. I'm really hoping I get a peak smiley tomorrow!

4. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Ugh this week sucks. I'm home with maybe strep throat or the flu. My temps are unreliable chase of my sickness and I had some crazy cramping during my acupuncture session yesterday. I came home late and DD had put her hand on the stove top burning three fingers. So we spent all night trying to calm her down and cool her fingers while I'm achy and sore from the flu.

5. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@Banana330: I'm so sorry. That sounds awful. I hope LO's fingers heal quickly and that you feel better soon.

@dc yoga bee: good for you for surviving two days. Hope today goes smoothly.

We are at ILs for the next two days. I love them I really do, but FIL just had to talk to me about Trump and when he didn't get me to agree with him on any Trump related topics he switched to talking about people boycotting Target over the restrooms. We will never see eye to eye so it would be best if he just kept all his crazy to himself! Today the kids and I are going to make Christmas cookies so that will be fun!

6. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Banana330: So sorry, hope both you and your daughter feel better soon.

@snarkybiochemist: Glad to hear Clomid is going well so far. FX for minimal side effects.

@dc yoga bee: Hope you get a solid smiley soon!

@jhd: Sorry the ILs are so keen to talk politics. That sounds awesome about the Christmas cookies. I have such happy memories of Christmas baking growing up.

7. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

I am experiencing some mild cramping and very light brown spotting, I'm wondering if it's leftover from the hsg I had tuesday or the Clomid I took my second dose last night. Anyone have any thoughts

8. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@snarkybiochemist: no idea sorry.

So I had a positive rapid strep test. It looked exactly like a wondfo! I couldn't help but think at least I one positive test 😉 Hoping to take it easy this weekend but DH is sick too. Maybe we'll ship her off to grandmas for the day.

9. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Banana330: Yuck, so sorry, hope you have a speedy recovery.

10. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@periwinklebee: thanks. It was so quick woke up yesterday feeling crappy.

11. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Banana330: I hope LO is okay!! And feel better soon!

I'm on fifth day of flashing smiley. Wtf!

12. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@dc yoga bee: how many days do you normally have?

13. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@dc yoga bee: I had the opposite problem this month. I used my last advance test Thurs morning and it was still negative, as was a cheapie opk. Fri the cheapie opk was blazing positive, and today my temps are way up, so I think I o yesterday. There seem to be lots of complaints in the reviews about the CB tests either never giving a flashing smily, or giving a flashing smily that lasts for days and days. In principal it would be great to have more advanced notice, but I don't think they work great for me, so I'm planning to just use the old fashioned kind in the future...

14. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Banana330: @periwinklebee: normally I get 2-3 days max flashing smileys! Five is crazy, and leads me to believe I wasn't fertile at all back on cd12. We may just stick with 3x a week BD the rest of the month to ensure we're hitting the days. I don't want to buy a new $30 pack to keep testing now that I'm down to one stick left!

15. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@dc yoga bee: wow that is crazy. That sounds like a good plan, good luck!

16. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@dc yoga bee: Super annoying... I wonder how steep the increase in estrogen leading up to o is, and whether small variations in the batch quality of the tests can have a substantial effect on the output. Sorry you are out of sticks I hope o comes soon!

@Banana330: I hope the antibiotics for the strep are kicking in and that you get a chance to rest over the weekend.

17. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@periwinklebee: thanks. Grandma picked up DD this morning and will bring her back for nap. DH and I are watching Gilmore girls on the couch. Antibiotics are kicking in for me but DH seems miserable now but that could be man cold talking.

18. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Lots of POAS twins this month! Ladies!

Dec 1 - banana330, mrsd2442
    Dec 3 - MRS. D
    Dec 4 - TIONN3, SPINNY
    Dec 7 - periwinklebee
    Dec 8 - TANJOWEN, DC YOGA BEE
    Dec 10 - jhd
    Dec 13 - LEM93, MRS. MICROSCOPE, DaniNae
    Dec 19 - coddergirl
    TBD - SNARKYBIOCHEMIST

19. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

Funny story you all will enjoy. My grandfather heard me mention to my mom that the doctor recommended CoQ10 and he then asks me what dose I'm on and why the doctor has me on it, so I respond egg quality. The look on his face was priceless he just stared and said oh

20. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@snarkybiochemist: That's hilarious!

@Banana330: Glad you guys had a bit of a chance to rest!

21. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Ha! That's funny.

@periwinklebee: I have no idea. Some people get 8-11 flashing smileys before a peak. Surely you can't be fertile 6-8 days before ovulation when the fertile window is only 6 days. I did find 2 additional test sticks under the bathroom sink that I can use at least. At least we will have BD on 3 of the "high fertility" days so far whatever that's worth!

22. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Finally got my peak smiley!!! CD 17. Ovia updated last night to say ovulation was near, and gave me a fertility score of 10 last night! And we BD last night! So, ovulation should be tomorrow. We will BD one more time today.

23. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Banana330: hope you are feeling better! While not sick, I also watched gilmore girls this weekend.

@snarkybiochemist: funny story! But it sounds like the clomid is doing "something" so fingers crossed!

@periwinklebee: sorry tour opks are being weird, but it sounds like you did ovulate, so hooray! Welcome to the tww!

@dc yoga bee: yay for peak smiley! With 4 fertile window bd sessions, you should have a good chance this month!

As for me, we have been visiting family, and at CD 11 today no positive opk yet, so that's good. We got in 1 bd session yesterday during dd's nap, and we will ramp it up going into fertile week. Last month O was CD 13, so if that happens again at least we have a chance, but I'm hoping for cd15 or 16 to get a few more trys in.

24. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@dc yoga bee: Yay for peak!

@Mrs. Microscope:

25. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: I hope it's working, side effects haven't been too bad, some cramping and hot flashes at night and just a bit extra emotional. I get blood work tomorrow and an ultrasound Thursday
    @dc yoga bee: @periwinklebee: had to share with people who will think it's as funny as I did

26. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

Just wanted to drop in to say that I hope Thanksgiving went well for everyone, especially those worried that it could be tough due to family that is not necessarily sensitive to TTC struggles.

27. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@dc yoga bee: good luck!!!

28. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: @MrsBrewer: @snarkybiochemist: @periwinklebee: Thanks! We had an epic fail this morning, so I'm not sure if we will BD today or not!

29. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@dc yoga bee: those are the worst. So frustrating for everyone involved! Good thing you got lots of BD in already. I wouldn't stress and just try again tomorrow.

30. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dc yoga bee: good luck with getting it done tomorrow

31. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

No dice for tonight! Interestingly enough, I had ewcm this morning, and it was completely sticky by this evening! I also had ovulation pains this afternoon. I know I don't temp, but I wonder if I more than likely ovulated today. Earlier today was the only time I've had ewcm all month too.

32. Mrs. D

pear / 1852 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I can just imagine his embarrassment. lol

33. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

I survived clomid and the holidays with both sides of the family with minimal emotional outburst. Yay! Now I am ordering my trigger shot OMG

34. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@dc yoga bee: I've been ovulating the same day as my positive opk's lately.. much quicker than the first time around when i'd O the next day for sure.

35. DaniNae

coffee bean / 30 posts

Hey girls - I've been MIA with the holidays, etc. BUT with all the confusion I was having I decided to start temping mid cycle to see if I could see anything. Do you think I O'd on CD16 based on this chart? I feel like its so hard to tell for sure since its not a full cycle of temping, so I have no idea what my temps looked like when I thought I could have ovulated (CD8/9). I discarded the temp from CD13 because I got up and was walking around for a good 7-10 minutes before I remembered to temp. Boo! Thoughts?

36. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@snarkybiochemist: that's awesome! Good luck with this next step!

37. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@jhd: Thanks, my life just got more complicated though, my LH was rising slightly so they are doing the ultrasound tomorrow morning to check and we can't have sex tonight because my husband has his SA tomorrow so hopefully O holds off, and maybe I won't need the trigger medicine

38. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

Hope everyone had a really good Thanksgiving! I kind of wish we had hosted it this year so that I would have tons of leftovers, I'm craving a turkey, brie, cranberry sauce sandwich so hard right now!

I also ovulated over Thanksgiving weekend! Looks like it was on CD 16 (Thanksgiving) when I got a blazing OPK. Think I'm about 4 DPO...

39. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Tionn3: fingers crossed

40. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Hope your US and SA go well!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee