At 18 months E has very few distinct words and communicates a lot with gestures I mentioned it to her pediatrician who said that EI was an option but that she wasn't overly concerned and I could go either way right now. If you contacted EI at 18months did you find it helpful to get started early or would you have felt better waiting? Conversely if you waited until 2 or beyond do you think you should have gotten in earlier or was waiting the right call? I want to do whats best for E but I also don't want to be the mom who called wolf.