Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 12/4

1. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@Sunshine1810: wow! That's beautiful!

2. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@mrs bunchy: The image that the clinic sent to the surgeon showed it was a small septum, but they knew it for sure. The first gyno I saw didn't pick up on the septum, the clinic I went to was for a second opinion and I'm so glad I did.

It was day surgery - I was totally knocked out, the surgery was about an hour. I woke up 6 minutes after they took me to recovery (I asked how long I had been there), was there mostly sleeping for an hour before they took me to recovery 2 where my mom was able to come in for 1 more hour. 3 hours, in and out, slept most of that day and rested for the 2 days following.

Besides my major fear of the IV, the surgery was really good. They did a D&C too and I felt great after. No cramping, minimal bleeding for a few days.

3. mrs bunchy

kiwi / 533 posts

@Mrs. Pinata: sounds wonderful- wine! DH just brought me home a huge cupcake- and not your fathers rootbeer beer

4. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

I hope y'all don't mind if I jump in. We're 8 months into TTC our first with PCOS (I've only ovulated once during that time). I'm really nervous about this coming week as we should be getting DH's SA results back. If all looks good, we should be starting clomid in Jan/Feb. I'm on the bcp for one more cycle as my doctor wanted to try and give me the best chance possible at ovulation when I start clomid (I was "normal" for a few months when I came off bc last year to prep for TTC). I'm also on metformin, but it really tears up my stomach so these past few months have been positively miserable. I'm really hoping for some good news next week so I can have something to look forward to next month!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

5. Mrs. Jacks

blogger / pineapple / 12381 posts

@Leialou: can I start getting really excited for you?! I love that you went so far as to work up the openness agreement. You guys are going to do such a fabulous job. I'm going to be so over the moon when you get that BFP!

@Mrs. PiƱata: I'm so sorry this has been such a hard year. Going to be so happy to put 2014 behind me. My thought for you is the same as the one I keep telling myself, "I don't want to spoil the ending for you, but it all turns out ok." (And my corollary is that if it's not ok, that means it's not the end of the story yet.)

6. Mrs. Jacks

blogger / pineapple / 12381 posts

@Sunshine1810: love the idea behind your tattoo! I've always been drawn to the plum blossom because the flower that blooms in winter is both tough and tender.

"The blossoms are so beloved because they are viewed as blooming most vibrantly amidst the winter snow, exuding an ethereal elegance,[14][25] while their fragrance is noticed to still subtly pervade the air at even the coldest times of the year.[25][26] Therefore the plum blossom came to symbolize perseverance and hope, but also beauty, purity, and the transitoriness of life."

7. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@Sunshine1810: that's beautiful!
    @Hoots: It sounds like you've got a good plan. FXed your DH's results look good.

8. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@travellingbee: Thanks! I appreciate it. I hope this month goes well for you too!

9. Mrs. Pinata

blogger / pear / 1563 posts

@Mrs. Jacks: Yeah, we definitely have to be "ok" with however our story ends. It better not be over yet! haha

10. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

Thank you all for the nice comments on my tattoo! I love it!

@Hoots: Welcome! I have PCOS as well. It took me several months to adjust to the metformin but I eventually did. I still have the occasional issue when I eat too many carbs though, so I just try to watch my diet! I know it's not easy to adjust to!

@mrs bunchy: Okay so I did alright for the first 2 hours, but once we started heading into hour 3 it definitely started to hurt more! That's also when he started with the color/shading. I was ready for it to be over by the end!

@Mrs. Jacks: I love what you posted about the plum blossom too! That's beautiful.

11. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

Cross posting my update from the IVF thread:

I had an appointment with my RE's partner today to talk about timing with FET. He said to call once I get AF (I haven't had it after my D&C yet), and then we will start the process with my second cycle post D&C).

It was a pretty good appointment. He was really pushing for us to just transfer 1, but I really want to transfer 2. I completely understand his reasoning to transfer 1, but now we have had 1 failed fresh cycle, and a second fresh cycle ending with a blighted ovum, and only one embryo took anyway.

I do now know that one of our blasts that we have frozen is hatching. He said that if we transfer that one, we are at a higher risk of that one splitting, so I might consider one if the embryologist tells us that the hatching one is our best bet. It feels good to have a plan again!

12. travellingbee

@Sunshine1810: Sounds good! The waiting game is so hard but it is good that you have a plan!

13. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

@travellingbee: Waiting definitely is difficult! But I at least feel like I am starting to get out of limbo. I won't really be out until AF makes an appearance, but we are getting there!

14. Mrs. Pinata

Well, you may have read my other post about wondering whether or not to do our scheduled IUI today since I got my first "smiley" Saturday morning. I continued to get "smileys" Saturday evening and Sunday morning, so when my temp didn't go up today we went ahead and did the IUI first thing this morning. The timing isn't perfect, which is a bummer, but DH's numbers were better, which is good, so we will be praying that if this cycle doesn't work that I will FINALLY get a positive OPK next month on a freakin' Sunday instead of Saturday! ha!

15. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@Mrs. Pinata: for this month!

16. Mrs. Pinata

@Sunshine1810: I'm glad you're appointment went well! I feel like that's good that the RE wants to just transfer one, but like you, I would want to do two as well.

17. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@Sunshine1810: I really hope I get used to it. I feel like it's a bit of a never ending roller coaster. The metformin makes me nauseated so I don't feel like eating, and if I don't eat I get really bad heartburn (I've had acid reflux most of my life), and if the heartburn is there then I need to eat carbs to soak up the acid. ugh! I'm having problems finding food I don't have aversions for because I associate them with nausea now. Is there anything besides diet (which I admit I need to get better at) that helped you? I'm really worried about adding other meds when I feel this bad already.

18. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

@Mrs. Pinata: It's definitely good that he's cautious. I appreciate him being honest and up front with us. If he was my usual RE he would know that we have had extensive conversations about the # to transfer before, and I think she has resigned herself to the fact that we are going to keep transferring 2 until we have a baby. He did tell me that one of our frozen blasts is hatching, and if that's the one the embryologist thinks we should transfer then I would consider 1 because the risk of it splitting is higher. I have my fingers crossed for you, I hope this is your cycle!

@Hoots: You will, it just takes a while, much longer than I thought it would! I also have bad acid reflux (diagnosed with GERD at age 12). I do eat some carbs for the same reason, I have just tried to cut back. I already take medication for the GERD (Prevacid) so I haven't had too much of a problem with that. Sorry you're havign such a difficult time! I hope it's over for you soon!

19. Mrs. Pinata

@Hoots: Sorry to read about your heartburn! I have been using essential oils and have had some friends use oils that have really helped with that. You can wall me if you're curious to learn more at all. That sounds so yucky.

20. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@Mrs. Pinata: I might do that after everything calms down after the holidays! Thanks!

@Sunshine1810: I've been on and off nexium for years. It sounds like I will have to talk to my doctor about it again. I appreciate any advice that you have as in the grand scheme of things I still feel really new at this!

Good luck to you both (and everyone else)! I can't tell you how much I appreciate how welcoming you all are!

21. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

@Hoots: thank you! Ask any questions you have' that's what we are here for! Are you always taking your metformin on a full stomach? Taking it with food and/or milk usually helps me too.

22. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@Sunshine1810: I was told by the pharmacist and DH (who's also one) that I am supposed to take it 30 minutes before eating. I'll ask how much of a difference it makes to eat before. I've only made it up to 1000mg, but I am pretty tiny and I've lost about 7 lbs since starting. I backed the dose down to 750 mg because the heartburn was still out of control after a month.

23. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

@Hoots: that's so strange because my doctor and my bottle say to take it with meals. I would check. If I took it on an empty stomach I'd be throwing up definitely.

24. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

You're not taking thyroid meds by any chance are you? Those you have to take on an empty stomach.

25. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

This is a double post from another POAS board, but though that you ladies might have more insight: I get my progesterone tested a few days after each ovulation and for the last three cycles it has been ~11. This time it's 25.62 and the nurse said that they like to see between 15-20 to indicate pregnancy. Has anyone ever had experience with this?? I'm 8 DPO and was planning on waiting until at least next Sunday or Monday to POAS. I am definitely more hopeful than the past few cycles!

26. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@Mrs. Jacks: thank you! I think it's definitely time to get excited.

I'm waiting on a call from my IVF nurse with protocol info for January. I'm supposed to be on bcp starting today but AF hasn't shown. I've called and emailed my nurse many times and she hasn't gotten back to me. Apparently my new clinic is notorious for not returning calls quickly. I'm starting to stress about it. I told them my cycles had gotten long when I was there for my consultation last month and again in an email last week. Im just frustrated!

27. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@Northstar I don't know about that exact situation, but that sounds like a great number!! One of my IF issues is low progesterone. When they checked mine was at 7 and my RE said at minimum needs to be above 15 to have a chance at successful pregnancy.

I just finished my first cycle of Clomid + trigger shot + IUI and now I am on progesterone, so I hope that will help. I asked the RE's office if they are going to check it again this month and they said no they usually don't... soooo I don't know.

But yeah, your number sounds good!!

28. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

@NorthStar: I don't know too much about progesterone levels but that seems like a good number! Good luck to you!

@Leialou: I have the IVF nurse from you know where, and I HATE it when she doesn't get back to me. I don't think that they realize just how much we are stressing, and them not getting back to us makes it worse! I hope AF shows up soon and your nurse finally gets back to you!

29. travellingbee

@Leialou: do you have to be on it for a certain amount of time before hand? I'm so excited for you!

I started progesterone gel for the first time last night since I got my LH surge 3 days ago. We had great timing this cycle, but, of course we've had great timing every cycle except, ironically, the one where I got pregnant and had the CP. Continuing acupuncture and going to talk with my nutritionist about supplements to boost egg quality. We'll do an IUI cycle in January if nothing happens before that.

30. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@Sunshine1810: It's metformin for sure. No thyroid meds. I'll try taking it with meals. DH says it shouldn't make much a difference, and he's seen it done both ways depending on what the doctor wants. He did say he didn't think it would help me that much because my issue is nausea and heartburn hours after I take the metformin. I'll try it today and see what happens. Thanks!

31. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

@Hoots: My dad is a diabetic and he has to take his with food too or he gets sick. It might not help but I would give it a try!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee