Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check in - 4/25

1. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@Mrs.Someone: ugh yesssss

2. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@spaniellove: @Shutterbug: Glad I'm not the only one!

3. raintreebee

pear / 1531 posts

@Mrs.Someone: Totally agree. And this may sound rude, but there is only so much patience one can learn after just one month of TTC.

4. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Mrs.Someone: Yes! All the more reason why I'm glad that the TTC section is separate from Infertility. Not that we need labels - but understanding and relating is so important. And after 1 month - when some of us TTC for 20 or more, there just is NO relating.

5. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@sweetooth: Agreed, I get that even after a year of infertility I couldn't have the perspective that someone has after going through this for 2 or 3 years.

@raintreebee: Trying hard not to laugh...

6. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

And this is why I enjoy "hanging out" with you ladies

7. raintreebee

pear / 1531 posts

@Mrs.Someone:

@spaniellove: I try to stifle my snark on here since it can be misconstrued, but I couldn't help it this time!

8. Suzimo

cherry / 132 posts

I agree with all of you about the newbie TTCers and there complaints.

Ok need to vent about my dental appointment today. So I was getting a routine cleaning and the tech asks me if I was on any new medication. I was apprehensive about telling her that I had taken clomid this month, but am also aware that hormones can effect your gums and didn't want her to think something was wrong when it may just be that. Anyways long story short this women proceeded to give me unsolicited advice about how to get pregnant while she was cleaning my teeth. Here is a sample of her genius advice: I should be tracking my periods, get the tracking app. I should take prenatals great, try acupuncture etc.. it went on an on. The worst part is I couldn't say anything because she had tools in my mouth. Ok needed to vent. Seriously I know people mean well, but I didn't ask for your advice. If I said I was taking blood pressure meds. would you give me tips about how to lower my blood pressure probably not.

9. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

What cycle are you on/how long have you been TTC? Holding steady on month 12 since we are now on a TTC break.
    What are your plans for this cycle? Not baby related... do my resume and start job hunting
    How is your attitude/outlook? I just admitted today on the boards that this time next year, I will be pregnant or in an adoption process. I'm excited!
    What have you struggled with most this week? Work, so busy that I haven't touched my resume yet. Ugh!
    What is your diagnosis? Unexplained infertility with history of low morphology for the DH.
    What is one thing that has you excited this week? I'm in Maine... well, on a work trip but it feels like a vacation. I've been working 50-60 hours a week for the past month or more. This week since I'm at a seminar, I'm working 8 hour days! I feel like I have so much time to relax. Though, I'm still working on work or school stuff at night. Feels good to get away.

I apologize that most of my answers are not baby related.

10. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@Suzimo: I would have been tempted to stick my hand in her face!

11. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@Suzimo: Yikes, that sucks! You should've "accidentally" bitten her

12. Suzimo

cherry / 132 posts

@spaniellove: @mrs.someone: both great ideas! I wish I had thought of that. You always think of the best things to do or say after the fact.

13. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@bluestriped bee: Yay for a faux-vacation!!

14. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

I am definitely beginning to symptom-spot! Someone stop me! The only other time I've ever had sore boobs was when I had my CP, so when DH gave me a hug this morning (9D DPO) and they hurt, I first said "ow" and then said "yay!" But of course the beta (6 long days from now!) gives the final word...

15. PastaAndPotato

apricot / 483 posts

@ineebee: keeping my fingers crossed for you girl! and hoping that the 6 days fly by

16. raintreebee

pear / 1531 posts

@ineebee: Seems like a good sign to me!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee