Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

It's here!!! 2013 SSA baby names list!

1. MoonMoon

pomegranate / 3392 posts

My LO's name keeps rising in popularity, now it's in the 30s, gulp! But we picked it pretty spontaneously, and every day I find or am reminded of another reason why it's perfect for him and us, so I'm ok with that!

2. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

I'm surprised to see Jayden in the top 10 for boys - I don't know a single Jayden!

D's name hasn't been in the top 1000 for at least 14 years.

3. lawbee11

GOLD / watermelon / 14076 posts

@Running Elley: Nope! I just checked--Elliot is 241 and Elliott is 243!

4. Running Elley

coconut / 8681 posts

@lawbee11: That really surprises me! I guess idk anyone else IRL with his name! There are at least 4 on here though!

5. catlady

grapefruit / 4988 posts

Ooh I love to look at these lists. My LO's name is still in the hundreds (where it was when we picked it) but climbing fast. The last time it was in the top 100 was in the 1930s. I have yet to meet anyone (young or old) with her name in person.

My own name made it into the top 100 around the time I was born but hasn't been in the top 1000 at all in the last ten years.

6. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@BakerBee: My name has been off the list since 2006!

7. lovehoneybee

GOLD / wonderful pea / 17697 posts

Evan dropped from 47 (I think) to 55! I'm completely okay with that!

8. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Pancakes: I adore Maude as well! And thanks about LO...we love it, but if know it is a little out there. That is part of the reasons we didn't say much IRL about it before she was born. But now that she is here, we have only gotten positive reactions! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

9. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

The new name lists are my favorite part of Mother's Day!

@Mrs. Jacks: That's funny - I remember thinking your second's name was on trend at the time I'm not surprised to see it on the rise nationally since it's been hip with name nerds for a few years.

@Running Elley: Last year's combined spelling list had E's name ranked at 140. Familiar but not everywhere is a sweet spot, I'd say! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aul5rjpfI_qvdE9RQVdWTEpsM2NoS3FhMGUzRnlZSEE#gid=0

10. Mrs. Jacks

blogger / pineapple / 12381 posts

@rattles: Totally on trend with name nerds, but being close to 1,000 means only a couple dozen kids... So while you and I feel like it's popular, it's really not

11. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@Mrs. Jacks: Just popular enough for the bottom of the list...which makes sense since there have to be a few of us name nerds having kids each year!

12. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

DD's name jumped up 30 spots, but still within only the top 500.

13. fairy

persimmon / 1343 posts

Ohhay DD's name broke the top 200 it's 185 now.
    My husband is not amused with a bazillion little boys sharing his name though, hehe

14. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@MamaMoose: I had the same reaction! Woohoo, less popular!

15. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@Silva: H hasn't been there since 1970!

16. jedeve

pomegranate / 3643 posts

Lo's name is 700 something. But that makes me kinda sad. I think it's an awesome, strong, classic name and fits with the old fashioned trend going on right now.

Our proposed name for number 2 is 50 something. But it's a classic name that will always be near the top. And since so many people try to avoid names in the top, a "popular" name doesn't mean what it used to!

I just want to avoid a name on a sharp upward or downward trend.

17. daniellemybelle

cantaloupe / 6669 posts

Wow, LO's name jumped like 70 spots! Not sure how that makes me feel. I still completely love her name but I hope it doesn't get more popular...

18. artsyfartsy

cantaloupe / 6692 posts

T's name has never even been in the top 1000. Just how I like it lol

My name wasn't in the top 1000 until 2005. It slowly went from 900s and peaked at 470 in 2009 but now its on a steady decline again.

19. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

Dd is up 60 spots to low 200s, DS still mid 300s

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee