Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2019 POAS

1. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: because it's 450 miles round trip to the nearest RE, I have 0 fertility coverage, and consults are $150-300 per office and I have no idea if I'll like the first one I see or the 5th office I see. It's just overwhelming.

I was laid off in February, out of work for a month, took a 20% pay cut, it's just... I don't know.

I want to go, but I also don't want IVF (will do embryo adoption instead). I just don't feel right putting us into anymore debt that isn't a guarantee.

I'm currently working on losing weight to see if that's the issue, and if it's not, I hope to have enough saved to justify an RE by the end of the year though.

2. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

2nd page?

3. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: All very real and very frustrating considerations when considering seeing an RE. Ugh.

4. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

• Cycle Day: 1
    • TTC Cycle: ?... 28? 29?
    • Ovulation Date: June 12 ish?
    • POAS Date: June 22?
    • Baby #: 2

5. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

☀ June 2019 POAS ☀

• 6/1-2 - CatchAFallingStar
    • 6/6 - fuzzypeaches
    • 6/9 - Maybebaby
    • 6/9 - Eebolleh
    • 6/22 - Sam's Mom
    • 6/26 - SweetCaroline

• TBD: paranundrum, Mrs. Panda
    • No POAS date:
    • Drop-In BFP:

Good luck, ladies!

6. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: You can throw me on the list as a "No POAS date" for now... should have a ballpark when I go back to the RE on Monday 6/3.

7. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

☀ June 2019 POAS ☀

• 6/6 - fuzzypeaches
    • 6/9 - Maybebaby
    • 6/9 - Eebolleh
    • 6/22 - Sam's Mom
    • 6/26 - SweetCaroline

• TBD: paranundrum, Mrs. Panda
    • No POAS date: Yellowbeach
    • Drop-In BFP:

Good luck, ladies!

8. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Sams Mom: I'm sorry it's rough for you. How does the cost of IVF compare to the cost of adopting an embryo?

Also reading this makes me thankful everything is so close by over here. If I drove 450 miles, I'd travel through up to three different countries depending on the chosen direction.

9. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@paranundrum: depending on private match or service match a frozen transfer of adopted embryos is ~$7000 ish based on my research. A fresh cycle on IVF is drastically more depending meds needed.

ETA: that's the one clinic I've really looked into proving on for in house adoption

10. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@paranundrum: I’ve seen most embryo adoption around $8-12k and ivf with testing here is about $25k

11. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@Sams Mom: Where I live there is a group who does various IVF packages. One is $23,000 for as many IVF cycles you need to get pregnant limited to the number of eggs/embryos from one retrieval process. So if you have 6 frozen embryos, you can have 6 transfers until you achieve pregnancy. It's still very expensive, but at least they offer some sort of relief to those who may take several cycles. Unfortunately, donor eggs through their group is comparable in price. I wish you all the good luck in deciding what you guys are going to do. What a journey!

12. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Sams Mom: @LAZB: @Mrs.Panda: That's all really overwhelming. We have a different system, it has it's drawbacks too, but it feels like you all have to worry about finances a lot more.

13. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

Hi ladies. I'm going to join you all over here since I think everyone else from May is done? I'm not feeling optimistic, but I'll let y'all know if I get a bfp tomorrow. So:

• Cycle Day: 28
    • TTC Cycle: 2 (May)/ 3(June)
    • Ovulation Date: (5/20 &) 6/18
    • POAS Date: (5/31 &) 6/29ish
    • Baby #: 2
    - Age = 36

14. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Sams Mom: that’s crazy I didn’t realize that! Where do you live if you don’t mind saying?? It must be pretty rural? I have so many friends with this struggle and the financial burden is so heartbreaking sometimes.

15. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@paranundrum: @yellowbeach: crossing my fingers for you both 🤞

16. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@fuzzypeaches: Missouri, it's crazy that outside of KC & STL there isn't much for REs in the state.

17. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: update us!! Sometimes those months are the lucky ones!

18. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

I swear this has been the longest 4 day week and it's not even Friday.

So Thursday is the day none of our hall's physicians or PAs aren't in clinic, so it's relaxed and a catch up day... I swear I did nothing but answer phone calls, schedule surgeries and follow ups, and fax referrals. Annnnnnd to top it all off I bled through my new pants onto my chair 😭

19. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Sams Mom: Nooooooo!

20. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Sams Mom: One of my friends is going to Missouri for the whole summer, she flies today and while I was looking for some fun facts to put on her "Bon voyage" card, I came across an article that said that Missouri is the most dangerous state for online dating. I also know now that Kansas City has a lot of fountains and barbecue restaurants.

@fuzzypeaches: Thank you!

@JennyLayneAZ: I'll add you to the board. Keep us posted!

21. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

☀ June 2019 POAS ☀

• 5/31 - JennyLayneAZ
    • 6/6 - fuzzypeaches
    • 6/9 - Maybebaby
    • 6/9 - Eebolleh
    • 6/10 - paranundrum
    • 6/22 - Sam's Mom
    • 6/26 - SweetCaroline
    • 6/29 - JennyLayneAZ

• TBD: Mrs. Panda
    • No POAS date: Yellowbeach
    • Drop-In BFP:

Good luck, ladies!

22. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Popping in for my friend who has been trying for over three years. This has to be a real line, too dark to be a fake out right? She thinks she is 10 DPO, but they were taking it “easy” this month With plans to start IVF in a couple of months

23. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@LAZB: that definitely looks legit! Congrats to your friend!

24. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@yellowbeach: I hope so! She made the roomie mistake of not saving her pee, so she’s waiting to test again

25. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

🤔I posted this morning, HB must've ate it 🤦‍♀️ anyway, BFN for me

26. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Sams Mom: 😣 sorry you had a bad day!

@LAZB: looks like a to me!

27. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: bummer, sorry

28. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@paranundrum: hahaha, I don't know about the online dating stat, but KC has a ton of BBQ & fountains 😂

Fun less murderey facts: every lake in the state of Missouri is man-made.

We're also known as the Cave State... Because they're literally everywhere (even a restaurant near where I grew up is in a cave)

Missouri is 2nd only to Napa valley for wine in the US (all along the Missouri River is a TON of wineries)

@LAZB: that definitely looks positive!

@JennyLayneAZ: booooo to the BFN, but glad to have you on the June board

29. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: ugh sorry girl
    @LAZB: looks good! But man some of those Evaps are serious so I would still want to confirm but that looks like enough to turn a digital if real.

30. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Sams Mom: oh no worst 😫 I’m pretty sure if men got periods we would have better options for management lol

31. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

I’m only 7DPO, but so tempted to test. I don’t really feel pregnant, but I’m still hopeful. What’s the earliest you start testing? Anyone ever gotten a super early positive?

32. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: I am the queen of early testing (and hence also lots of chemicals) I have had pos as early as 8dpo a few times.
    I think 7dpo is too early for sure.

33. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@fuzzypeaches: was it positive at 8? I tested today.. obviously negative
    Oops! I see now that you had a positive at 8. Was that a chemical?

34. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: at 8dpo I have had one later loss (10 wk) and a couple of chemicals as well.
    With my successful pregnancies I’m not sure as I was trying *this*hard lol

35. Eebolleh

cherry / 117 posts

@Sams Mom: I’m sorry getting in to see an RE is so difficult. Have you done all the preliminary bloodwork to find out if your hormones are ok?

@CatchAFallingStar: I tested on 9dpo and it was negative. I didn’t try again until 12dpo and it was positive. This time I won’t test until at least 10dpo

I finally got a positive ovulation test yesterday (I think). Hopefully my temps go up in the next few days and I can get some solid lines. We BDd yesterday and the day before, so hopefully our timing was decent.

36. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Eebolleh: yeah my OB/GYN did blood work, ultrasound, and monthly pelvics while trying Clomid, Femara, and Femara+progesterone cycles. My endocrinologist also checked extra labs on me beyond what my OB checked for. Also my husband's swimmers checked out at above average.

37. Eebolleh

cherry / 117 posts

@Sams Mom: how did you get pregnant with #1?

38. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Eebolleh: the good old fashioned way while not trying and only one possible shot that could have resulted in pregnancy.

The "official" diagnosis for me currently is unexplained secondary infertility.

39. Eebolleh

cherry / 117 posts

@Sams Mom: here’s hoping for another miracle! I’m sorry about the bleeding incident at work. Did anyone notice? 🙈

40. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

And after a day from hell (mass shooting in my hometown, multiple fatalities at work today), just found out I didn’t get the job. Man I am strong but not strong enough for all of this. Hoping for at least some good sleep tonight. 😔

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee