Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Just for fun: If you had $10,000...

1. Arden

honeydew / 7589 posts

Honestly, we'd buy a travel trailer.

However, I'm going to exclude that for the purpose of this thread and have some fun dreaming.

- MacBook Air
    - Vacation (maybe South America?).
    - Canon DSLR (not entirely sure which one).
    - Kelly Moore 2 Sues Bag, and maybe another KM as well.
    - MAC/Makeup Forever/Smashbox shopping spree
    - Furniture (including an Eames rocker).
    - A boatload of new clothes/shoes from reasonable stores like Banana Republic/Loft/H&M/Zara/JCrew/etc.

2. deactivated_account

GOLD / pomegranate / 3938 posts

@plantains: I love that same crate & barrel bed!! I'm a 30 year old married woman and I do NOT have a bed set. Isn't that awful?!?

3. deactivated_account

GOLD / pomegranate / 3938 posts

@Mrs D: Your single girl splurge exactly mimics what I want right now as a married girl!!

4. Mrs. Pen

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21616 posts

I would hire an interior designer to decorate and style my entire apartment! It drives me nuts how cluttered and bare bones it is. I just don't feel I have the money to do what I want with it!

If there was anything leftover I'd hire a personal trainer to help me lose another 20 lbs

5. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@lisamarieloves: I plan to dream about it tonight! struttin around in my fancy shoes partying with my friend in some lovely place!

6. dolphin

pomegranate / 3768 posts

I would spend it on a down payment for house. DH would spend it on a new car or add another fancy watch to his collection.

7. regberadaisy

GOLD / wonderful pomegranate / 28905 posts

Hop on a plane to Cinque Terre, Italy with DH and LO, stat!

Then come home and buy furnishings and decorations for our home.

8. PurplePeony

pomegranate / 3113 posts

If I were being practical, I'd probably put most of it toward various home improvement projects but they're not fun (adding insulation to the attic, fixing some issues in the garage). If I wanted to just blow the money on fun stuff, I'd spend a week at a high-end resort somewhere warm and beachy (Four Seasons Maui? The Ladera in St. Lucia? W Hotel Vieques?), and if anything was left I'd hire a personal stylist to help me build a better wardrobe (but pretty please let me wait until after the baby is born and I lose most of the baby weight!).

9. loveisstrange

pineapple / 12526 posts

-Refinish/repair our hardwood floors
    -Replace countertops in our kitchen
    -Gut the main bathroom and add another in the basement
    -Resurface the driveway
    -New appliances

In a dream world where home reno wasn't super expensive, put a master suite addition on the house too.

Ah, the joys of owning a fixer-upper.

10. mamabolt

nectarine / 2797 posts

We'd for sure put it toward redoing our deck/screen porch! We have had to put it off until next year and I am so sad to not have a space to play outside.

11. Mrs. Oatmeal

blogger / honeydew / 7081 posts

We'd probably get a couch and go on vacation. We might get a new car instead..fun to think about!

12. Mrs Hedgehog

pear / 1812 posts

Furniture, people to fix up projects in my house I keep putting off... clothes for us. And more baby stuff, I am sure.

13. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

Replace the carpet with hardwood to match the kitchen, redo the master bath (tile, install sink/toilet, replace drywall) , and if there was any left, go on a small trip to Nashville.

14. CibMomma

grape / 82 posts

Renovate our backyard! We just went to Costa Rica and have a lot of fun things planned.

15. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

If I had to use it, I would spend it on vacation or upgrade our furniture.

16. Mrs. Jacks

blogger / pineapple / 12381 posts

The idea of fun money that I couldn't invest or save makes me nervous and clammy. I'm not very good at spending though I can think of a few things I'd like to do to finish the house... but even if I had fun money like that, I wouldn't spend it. It's not in my nature!

17. bpcmarj

pomegranate / 3729 posts

I would buy a modest car (5k), some new clothes for DH and I, and then we would go on vacation...Disney!

18. PointeShoesTutus

clementine / 797 posts

I'd want to use it to cover some IVF expenses. Or take a fabulous European vacation if we weren't ready to start yet.

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee