Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2019 POAS. - Lucky Leprechauns WELCOME!

1. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani: woohoo! πŸš€

I feel like we are cycle buddies this month almost. Had my US just now and have 15 follicles in the 11-13mm range plus one huge one that’s not behaving. E2 level pending. Now headed to work for some distraction. Still on track for a Wed retrieval. DH went today and dropped off a sample. He’s working Wed, but my mom plans to come into town to drive me and keep me company.

2. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: yay! Glad everything is going well and staying on track!

@LAZB: o wow! That is exciting and probably a little scary, but yay! I'm glad you and your hubby were able to settle on a plan! Wishing you the best of luck!

3. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: @Karenbeme: @Sams Mom: Thank you, ladies!
    I am so hoping/wishing/praying that this cycle is "the LUCKY ONE." πŸ™πŸ€žπŸ€πŸ’š

@Yellowbeach: Cycle buddies - Love it! πŸ’š It has been a long time since we were on the same track. If I trigger on Sunday, I will OV Monday night/Tuesday morning which will put me to POAS by the 20/21st which is my 16 dpo. (* IDK when they intend to schedule my beta to check for a possible BFP or to rule it out. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ). I will be POAS twins with @Ms.Hangry .
    In regards to your stimming and cycle -- You are doing so well! I hope your retrieval is successful and your eggies are mature, abundant, and RIPE for fertilization. πŸ€žπŸ˜‰

4. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

πŸ€πŸ»πŸ’šβ­ MARCH 2019 POASβ­πŸ’šπŸ»πŸ€

β€’ 3/4 - Drackomalfoy
    β€’ 3/6 - Jessiemuller88
    β€’ 3/12 - FuzzyPeaches
    β€’ 3/16 - Bees_knees
    β€’ 3/17 - Paranundrum
    β€’ 3/18 - Yellowbeach
    β€’ 3/20 - Ms.Hangry
    β€’ 3/25 - Sam's Mom
    β€’ 3/28 - Blythe
    β€’ 3/28 - BreakOutTheIceCream
    β€’ 3/29 - JennyLayneAZ
    β€’ TBD: Kaohinani
    β€’ No POAS date:
    β€’ Drop-In BFP:

Good luck, ladies!

πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ Amazingly Supportive Cheerleaders πŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈ:
    β€’ BhBee
    β€’ Lazb
    β€’ Karenbeme

5. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Estradiol 386! Waiting to hear if I need a meds adjustment.

6. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: Just being nosey (since I have yet to have an IVF cycle) and chatting through my logic here so bear with me πŸ€“πŸ€ͺπŸ˜‰πŸ€£
    Is that level of E2 low for you for your cycle day? I ask because the norm per follies is between 75 and 200 per mature follicle which may produce a mature ovum (dependent on size) so, with your 11s they may only be giving off less than 75 since they have yet to mature but the big one is giving off 100 or more. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ If your RE is looking for a faster maturation rate and greater number for viability, they may increase (instead of "low and slow.") your dose of Follistim. Is that what they stated they were thinking of doing? Mind you - My E2 maxed out at nearly 700 on CD7 last cycle (when they decided to call off my cycle). Of course, IDK what your starting serum levels of E2 were (* mine began at 89 three days ago and are 206 now @ CD6). Also, I know you are going for a retrieval this cycle which implores you to produce a large number of mature ova. Doing TI with ICI, which is what I am doing (and in IUI), the maximum number of ova for a continuation of a cycle is 3 ova. At this stage it is like comparing peaches (retrieval for IVF/FET) and cherries (TI/ICI/IUI)... both are fruit (a form of ART that uses gonadotropins) and have pits (produce greater numbers of mature follies with ova), but they are separate entities comparatively (size, color, shape, season for ripening, etc)! πŸ˜‰πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
    I can't wait for your update! 😁

7. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani: RE nurse just called. They are keeping me at 225 BID. Also DHs specimen looks good. We are charging ahead.

8. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: YES! *happy dance πŸ’ƒ* That is awesome to read! πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ€žπŸ’š

9. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@Kaohinani: fantastic news!!!!

10. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Jessiemuller88: Thank you! I am pretty stoked myself at having "better" odds this cycle. πŸ‘

11. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

I think I'm a glutton for punishment. I just applied to be a medical secretary at an OB/GYN office. πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ But I need a job, and I want this hospital to be my in network provider. At least the medical secretaries are in the back πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ not checking pregnant chicks in all day

12. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: IDK πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ how to respond: I think you'd be AH-MAZING 😁 as a medical secretary; however, I know how hard the infertility struggle is πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ˜–... sending hugs for if you get it AND for if you decline it.

13. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I basically mass applied to a few different clinics medical secretary positions. Since it's all the same network you can kind of apply to a bunch of the same thing at once. Went back to see which clinic each was, and the OB/GYN is MY doctor's office. πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

Hopefully it's for one of the 9 other doctors or WHNPs in the clinic, so I can still use him. Ughhhh

14. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Sams Mom: ooh interesting! I don’t know how I would feel about that πŸ€”
    @Kaohinani: sounds awesome! @yellowbeach: sounds awesome for you too! Hoping it’s mass good news this cycle 😊

15. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

AFM I haven’t been feeling very positive lately, which is not like me. Am hoping I snap out of it soon. Doesn’t help that am still waiting to O (late againnn this cycle! Why no pos opk?!?!?!? Want to get this crazy time over with haha

16. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I'm really just hoping that I get the first medical secretary job I applied for and interviewed for this week... Then it will get me out of the whole pickle πŸ˜‚πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

17. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Might be observing this tomorrow

18. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: lol! Do you think I can rent a dog for the occasion?

19. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: I'm sure you can borrow one πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ πŸ˜‚

We're actually supposed to get hit with a fair amount of snow Saturday/Sunday... So it might be a 2 day ordeal

20. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: way late coming back to the party, but you should probably just get that Bernese Mountain Dog πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

21. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: OMG you have an amazing memory (or keen search skills). I still want it. BAD.

22. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: I have an innate ability to creep people out with the things I remember πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ really probably remember that because I love BMDs (grew up with a St Bernard, and they're pretty similar)

23. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@fuzzypeaches: Thank you! I am so sorry that you are feeling down. I get into a funk as well from time-to-time and it stinks as I am a generally positive person most of the time. Fertility and TTC issues can bring anyone down. I hope you can find yourself out of it soon. *hugs*

@Sams Mom: Wow, that is a lot to deal with in so far as a career change. My aunt is an OBGYN and she has treated a couple of her staff so I'm not sure if it more of an ethics issue OR if it is more of a rule based on the office and state. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ In any case, go with the office you are most comfortable with and that has the best benefits for you and your family. πŸ˜‰ As for "National Stay @ Home with Your Dog and Drink Wine Day," I may be partaking as well. DH is leaving for drill [as we speak] and I will be with 2 kids and 2 dogs. 😯😯😯 I will, probably, go a bit crazy πŸ€ͺ with the limited adult interaction!

As for me, I had a .45Β° temp rise ... I hope I didn't OV before I could trigger! πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ We DTD 2 days ago and that was it due to simply "being TOO busy to 'get busy.'" DH will be gone today and tomorrow so BD-ING is off the table until tomorrow evening. 😟 I guess I will find out at the RE's office tomorrow morning. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

24. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@Kaohinani: beautiful looking ovaries and trilaminar lining
    @Sams Mom: good luck w the job search. I would guess a lot of the women at the office would see the docs there.

25. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MsHangry: Thank you! I was quite impressed with them this cycle and am hoping for good things. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚

26. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@Sams Mom: I observed this holiday yesterday 🀣 and will be tonight as well! I hope you land the job you want.

27. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Sams Mom: OMG amazing! I will def celebrate πŸŽ‰ πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

@yellowbeach: Berners are the cutest balls of fluff and so sweet! You should totally get one, and then invest in an industrial vacuum because those monkeys SHED.

28. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

* This may be "triggering" (I dislike that term but know of no other fitting word in this case) for some. I apologize in advance, but please consider the affixed article as knowing of the study's findings is beneficial to all of us who are TTC and to those who do fall pregnant. Knowledge is power and also helps to diminish some level of fear - *

All parents-to-be fear chromosomal abnormalities, birth-induced injuries (which includes cerebral palsy), medically or genetically caused disabilies, disorders, and delays... While children with these exceptionalities are special and precious just the same, it is always a fear of expectant parents that they will produce offspring with challenges that may (or may not) generate a disadvantage or lower quality of life. The medical community has found a link between Autism and mothers who do not take prenatals. Affixed is a news story which focuses on the findings that taking prenatal vitamins during early pregnancy could lower the risk for Autism and on-spectrum disorders even in high risk pregnancies:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/02/27/health/prenatal-vitamins-autism-risk-study/index.html

29. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Sams Mom: interesting. I bet with all that you’ve gone through you would be pretty amazing at that job though. One of the nurses at the recurrent loss clinic I go to has also had many losses and she just gets my crazy in a way that the others don’t have patience for haha πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

@Kaohinani: that’s pretty interesting. It’s so hard to know though bc really so many variables into who takes prenatals (ie higher ses, older, planned preg etc) but I mean no reason not too! I actually switched to higher dose folate in December (5mg from 1 mg for this reaso )

30. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

I am so confused with my cycle this time πŸ€”
    Definite cramping I usually associate with ovulation, but no ewcm, and no pos opk, and no post-o beast tenderness.
    I usually ov at 10-12dpo and I’m at day 13 and nothing. I kind of wish I was temping! I do drink a lot of water so it’s possible I diluted a positive?!

The biggest issue is if I missed it I don’t know when to start progesterone?!

31. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@fuzzypeaches: since you're lacking ewcm and a positive OPKs I'd say you're still a few days out. Ovulation pain can start up to 4-5 days for some women (there was a poll on one of my Facebook groups today actually πŸ˜‚)

I wouldn't be too concerned yet.

As to the potential job, I think I'd be ok... Except for if a woman calls about a miscarriage or something. I might get all emotional for her πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

32. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Sams Mom: actually that makes me feel better I know I’m way over obsessing but DH leaves on business again on Monday and I’m like unravelling at the thought of not being able to try on what is our last cycle.

When do you find out?

33. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I agree with @SamsMom - don't count yourself out yet.

@Kaohinani: I didn't mean to ignore your earlier theories on the E2 levels... typically the hypothalamic axis gets activated based off of meeting a minimum threshold, so I don't think the E2 rise would be dose dependent or portionate to the number of active follicles... but I'm definitely not an RE... or even an OB.

AFM, today was a little crazy. I took DD to a birthday party for the 2 yo of one of my coworkers. One of my best friends was also there who is now 38 weeks. She started telling me about how her BP was high last night and was worried. I noticed when I saw her today she seemed more fatigued than she has with her last 2 pregnancies. She knows I had HELLP and severe-PrE, so we went home to my house, checked her BP (156/105) and both agreed she had to go in and at least check for protein in her urine. Sure enough, she's meeting severe-preE criteria and is being induced as I type. So I spent the afternoon watching her 2 boys (which DD LOVED) until her hubby picked them up just a bit ago. I swear babies try to kill you.

Here's my weird IVF chart for funsies. It's too early to plot my transfer date (should be Mar 11).

ETA: I just noticed I accidently clicked the "increased sex drive" box. That was definitely a fat finger. LAST thing on my mind right now, sadly. I'm too lazy to swap out my chart.

34. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@yellowbeach: omg! Thank goodness you were there 🀭

35. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: well holy crap lady! Glad you caught it and she's being induced.

36. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@yellowbeach: Oh wow, thank goodness you checked her.

37. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

UPDATE for CD8 U/S:
    I may trigger tonight (pending E2 and P4 numbers)! YAY!!! πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ€ž
    (Stats for trilaminar uterine lining and follicle sizes included on collage.)

UPDATE to my UPDATE:
    E2 is 446
    P4 shows I haven't ovulated yet SOOOOOOOO I will trigger TONIGHT and start my Progesterone on Wednesday!
    Eeeek! πŸ˜€πŸ˜‰πŸ™πŸ€πŸ’š

38. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I thought the study was fairly interesting as well. For the last 7 years, I have taken 800 mcg of folic acid but in the last year, my prenatals have changed and include 538 of FOLATE and I take a 400 mcg tablet of FOLIC ACID. My OBGYN and my internal med physician both agree it is fine to mix them. I would change to folate only if I had MTHFR.

@yellowbeach: No worries. I didn't even consider the activation of the hypothalamic axis. πŸ€“ Thanks for expanding upon that.
    As for your day - Simply "WOW!" 😯 You friend is so unbelievably lucky you were there and had been through Preeclampsia! Not only that, she was super lucky you are a caring physician! πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸ’š I hope she and her LO are doing well.

@Sams Mom: @Paranundrum: @Jessiemuller88: @Karenbeme: @MsHangry: How has your weekend been?

39. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani: woohoo! Did they say what numbers they want to see on your labs? You are so close!!!

40. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Update: my friend had her baby (LO#3) At wait for it... 11:59pm last night. Squeaked that March 2 birthday in under the wire! Everyone is doing well.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee