Login/Register

October 2016 POAS

1. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@Tubbs: congratulations!
    @BeatlesFan629: congratulations!

2. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@BeatlesFan629: looks pretty real to me! Congrats!

3. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Congrats to our BFP's :bfp:**msmilkshake, MrsF, tequiero21, Winnie13, combatlibby, Tubbs, BeatlesFan629 **

Oct 14 - Ttckp
    Oct 17 - JHD
    Oct 18 - Ottilie
    Oct 24 - jaybee28, winniebee
    Oct 25 - Mrs. Cotton Candy
    Oct 27 - MrsD2442
    Oct 28 - Knittylady, Petitduck
    Oct 31 - Mrs. Blush, pmerr, Cole

Cheerleaders! - Bibliolove, yellowbeach, bizwitch

4. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Ttckp: @Ottilie: Any news?

5. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@Tubbs: no question!!

6. winniebee

@BeatlesFan629: those are great lines for10/11 dpo!

7. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

@Tubbs: @BeatlesFan629: Those are definitely positives ladies! Hurray for more October BFPs! Congratulations!

8. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Tubbs: congratulations!

9. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@BeatlesFan629: congratulations!

10. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@BeatlesFan629: congrats! Awesome lines!

11. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@Tubbs: eek!!! So amazing!! Congrats!

12. mekarual

cherry / 116 posts

Well, I'm out. AF arrived this morning, so probably the shortest cycle of my life (21 days?!?!). I knew my cycles would be unpredictable after IUD removal but that's just insane to me. Hopefully things will return to normal for next month.

Congrats to all the BFP, and I'm still cheerleading for everyone waiting!

13. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@mekarual: Sorry about AF. My post IUD cycles have been super weird too...

14. MrsD2442

cherry / 111 posts

@combatlibby: congratulations!!!

15. MrsD2442

cherry / 111 posts

@Tubbs: definitely a congratulations!!

16. MrsD2442

cherry / 111 posts

Sorry for all my posts lol! Figured I'd give a quick update.. Got my peak reading on my CB advanced OPK this morning, so O day is tomorrow! BD Monday and this morning, will probably try again for tonight and again tomorrow morning... fingers crossed we got our timing right this cycle!!

17. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@MrsD2442: Yay for O!

Good luck to everyone starting their TWW!

18. Mrs. Blush

cherry / 163 posts

@Tubbs, @BeatlesFan629: congratulations! Definitely positives!!!

@MrsD2442: woohoo!!!!

On DPO 2 here - gah!

19. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@Tubbs: @BeatlesFan629: yay congrats!!!

20. Mrs. Blush

cherry / 163 posts

Last night (2DPO) I had intense pain like I was ovulating on my right side. However, I had a + OPK on Sunday and a peak + on Monday. I felt ovulation pain Sunday afternoon on my left side and my temps dipped as well - I was 100% sure that was O day.

I know it's way to early for the pain last night to have been implantation... could I have miscalculated my O day? How accurate are OPKs? This is my first month using them.

21. winniebee

@Mrs. Blush: when you get your first positive opk that means you will ovulate in 24-48 hours. I would say that your peak + on Monday means you ovulated on Tuesday, which would be consistent with your symptoms. So, you're probably 1DPO now (Wednesday)

22. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Tionn3: Not sure if here is the best place to respond, but just wanted to say that I saw your post yesterday and definitely commiserate (I tried to respond there but I think the post disappeared). I definitely shed some tears yesterday about BFN/AF, it's hard and I'm sorry that people keep telling you to relax. We're TTC #1. It hasn't been that long for us yet, especially compared to what many people go through, and I know I just need to be patient, but I really don't like the waiting and uncertainty - uncertainty about whether it was just an unlucky month or there's something more systematic that is wrong. And the fact that initially at least there's not much to be done beyond waiting for next month...I'm trying to be better about accepting the lack of control and not obsessing, but it's hard.

I haven't talked to my mom about it, but more for the opposite reason - she used to talk about how fertile women in our family are and how she and her sister never had to try for more than a month (and her sister has eight kids!), so I think she'd have the opposite reaction about it not being normal to sometimes take awhile, which is not what I need.

Anyways, I don't have much insight into how to make the wait better but mostly just wanted to wish you

23. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mrs. Blush: I agree, you more than likely O'd yesterday. Temping would confirm this for you (next cycle). What you felt sunday could have been anything, we tend to notice small things in our bodies when actively TTC that could be happening every cycle but just don't pay attention to it when we're not. I've never used the monitors that tell you peak etc. But my opk's fade in so i'll get an almost positive then blazing positive 12 hrs later. I've actually felt O on the same day as the positive OPK before but later in that day (confirmed with temps).

24. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@periwinklebee: The waiting and uncertainty is so hard during TTC. Especially since the process takes at least a month overtime! I think it's harder in todays culture cause we get everything we want so quickly (news, food, clothing) it makes waiting for things that much more frustrating. Each failed cycle can feel like the end of the world and it's never going to work. But I find a positive outlook at the beginning of the cycle really helps my mood and my ability not to go too crazy (until about 8dpo then all bets are off )

25. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

I am officially out. AF came this am. This was my second cycle post Mirena and at least this cycle was a more normal length. Here's hoping next month goes a little better!

26. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@jhd: Sorry about AF. The post IUD cycles are super annoying and weird. Fingers crossed for next cycle.

27. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@mekarual: I got Mirena out at the end of August. AF came that weekend. Then I had a 24 day cycle and this month was 29. I hope things go back to normal for you soon!

28. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@jhd: ya I had mine out in july. Had a 36 day cycle, a 26 day cycle and then a 29 day cycle... hopefully this on is a BFP cycle

29. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@periwinklebee: Thanks for venting with me! I had posted that post, but then I somehow felt guilty or like I was complaining, being that it has only been 6 months. I'm sorry about your BFN =[ it's really hard to see that single line and to know AF is right around the corner. The lack of control definitely gets me too. I hope you get your baby in the end, I hope we all do. =]

30. winniebee

@Tionn3: it is really hard to stay patient and not assume something is wrong. My first son took 8 months to conceive (one m/c in there) and at the time, every single one of my friends was pregnant and having babies. It was brutal. DS2 took only 2 months to conceive. We've now been trying for a year for our take home third baby. We have not had trouble getting pregnant so far, but had 4 chemical pregnancies and a loss at 18.5 weeks. I don't even know what to say about how I feel about trying again. Depressed? Resigned? Terrified? Yes, all of those. Motherhood is a very difficult journey, start to finish.

31. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Banana330: Thank you! I tend to be really pessimistic and think about worst case scenarios, I'm sure it would be better for my mental health if I work on being more positive. Agreed on waiting. When I first mentioned the TWW to DH, he was like "what, are you sure? on tv when the condom breaks they run to cvs the next morning for the pregnancy test and are like `'phew, it's negative.' You can't just take one the morning after?" Hah, I wish!

After 8dpo is the worst. This month I had seriously the sorest boobs of my life starting at 8dpo, it ruined my resolve not to test early

@Mrs. Blush: Hopefully no next month needed, but if so I'd second temping. I thought at first it might be unnecessary in addition to opks, but I have found it super helpful. This month for the first time - despite testing both morning and evening - I never got a positive opk. It started to fade in, but never got close to all the way before fading out. I could see a very clear temperature shift though, so knew o had happened. Otherwise I would have probably driven myself batty wondering what was going on.

@jhd: Sorry about AF, hoping that this cycle is your month.

32. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Tionn3: Thank you. I don't feel like it's complaining at all. I think we all appreciate that there are others who have gone through more and have been struggling for longer, but it's still hard and still helpful to have people to talk about it with who are at a similar point. Hoping we all get our sticky bfp soon!

33. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@Banana330: thanks for your encouragement! I like your positive attitude I really hope this is your month!! as for me this next cycle has to go better than this one did. It couldn't get much worse!

34. winniebee

@jhd: That stinks, sorry

35. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@periwinklebee: @winniebee: thanks, ladies

36. Mrs. Blush

cherry / 163 posts

@Winniebee @Banana330 @Periwinklebee:

Thanks ladies! I am normally so spot on in tracking my cycle that this threw me for a loop. It's been a very challenging month, though, so I think it's not surprising if the stress delayed O by a day or two.

I have been temping this month, and saw a dip and then spike/temp shift after what I thought was O day, but I am also not great at temping yet. I don't think I am consistent enough about taking my temps at the same time each morning.

Fx there is no next month - but if so I'll get better at the temping for sure

37. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mrs. Blush: It's not one spike that confirms O, it's 3-4 days of consistently higher temps. I bet you'll have your answer by the weekend. Sometimes my O day is not my lowest temp but the day of the temp shift.

38. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@winniebee: I'm so sorry you are having a tough time =[ There really is no rhyme or reason to when you get pregnant. I am starting to accept that bit of information, though begrudgingly. I'm a data scientist, I live in data, so it's hard for me to look at something and be like " there is no obvious pattern" because there is almost always a trend, but I am starting to realize that getting pregnant is like rolling emotional dice, and there is sometimes no obvious explanation for why it takes longer sometimes and not so long other times. I hope you get to take baby #3 home soon =] I hope we all get to take our babies home soon.

39. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Does anyone want to start up the November POAS board for those that are out already this month?

40. Tubbs

olive / 67 posts

@perriwinklebee: It's so hard to regain optimism when you get hurt consecutively. The cycle of the emotional journey is so tough each month. I think it's about finding 'coping' mechanisms as it's easy to start feeling guilty when we have pessimistic thoughts. You're definitely allowed to vent and have the emotional reactions you are. X

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee