Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

POAS 2019 - September to December Edition

1. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani: Feeling like a bad doctor as I've never even heard of EPF until now. Clearly I have some research to do tomorrow.

@SamsMom: Exciting updates. Oct 5 is my anniversary, so a good day with good vibes. Why did I think you were team green Did you change your mind?

2. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: I was team green with Sam, we were going to be team green again... But then the good ole pregnancy nightmares featured my husband being shot and killed in the line of duty before the baby was born and he ended up never knowing what his last child was. Thankfully the nightmares have let up, but it made me think a lot.

3. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Hey, preggie lady 🀰! So glad you popped on to update. Wow, great news all around from you! Active babies πŸ‘Ά are a good thing! With G, a med student, also, was allowed to use the doppler on me but couldn't find his heartbeat. I was so sick for a couple minutes until my OBGYN took over and found it immediately. Very stressful but I do understand the only way a [med] student will learn is through study, scaffolding, and experience. I am also so excited you have a scan scheduled soon! When you told me of your dream before, you seemed conflicted to know the gender, and I wondered if you were going to, indeed, find out. You already know which side I am hedging bets on πŸ˜‰!

@yellowbeach: Aw, don't say that. You are awesome and have been a huge asset and help here on the boards due to your vast medical experience... How many of my injuries have you helped identify (rashes, a dog bite, questions about medications ...) and gave me direction on? Can't thank you enough . Anyway, it was a fluke that I even remembered protein EPF (and a bunch of HCG variants) existed. I had heard of it from my OBGYN about 5 years back as he had recently read up on it. At the time, I saw no application for myself since I already knew I was pregnant [and testing for EPF is not greatly available]. Speaking with the TA jumpstarted my memory and retrieved it from the dark corner (the one with the clowns 🀑 & πŸ•Έcobwebs. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚) of my mind. Please, feel free to share what you find at a medical level, as I am interested to why more varied studies have yet to be conducted on EPF and why it's application isn't more widely used in the fields of obstetrics or reproductive endocrinology.

@Paranundrum: How are you doing? πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ You must be incredibly busy at work!

4. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

Thanks everyone!

@fuzzypeaches: yup, I tested again this morning and it’s definitly getting darker! The bottom test in this pic is from this morning!

5. MoonMoon

pomegranate / 3393 posts

@MissLace: so awesome! Congratulations on the progressively darker line!

6. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MissLace: Those look fantastic!! Since you have a GORGEOUS BFP this morning, may I add you to the roster as a BFP?

7. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

8. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

Popping in to say hi, hope everyone is well and congrats to the recent BFPs!

9. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@MissLace: gorgeous progression!

10. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@maybebaby: Hi, hun! How's everything going with your pregnancy?

11. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@Kaohinani: good! 7 weeks tomorrow. tired and sore boobs but nothing major, don't have first apt until Oct 4. cheering everyone on and enjoying reading updates

12. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Sams Mom: yay! So excited that baby is doing well!

13. LiliBillie

cherry / 105 posts

Curious if anyone knows what this could be.
    I'm 3or 4 dpo ( i tracked with OPK and got my smiley on Tuesday am.) Today, I just went to the bathroom and I have a little bit of brown discharge. Not much at all but since I have white panties it's definetely visible and need to be trashed
    Never had spotting before so close to vulation. Any thoughts what this could be?

14. msmilkshake

cherry / 146 posts

Hi everyone!
    I’ve been lurking on here for a while (I think this new format was such a good idea!) but I’m feeling like I’d like to jump on for real since the support of this community was great for me last time. So hi!

CD 3 today

Not sure how to count cycles overall but this is the 3rd since a loss and a pause.

My son is 2.

I’ll probably POAS on the 10/15

Slowly emerging from the madness that is the beginning of the school year (I teach 4th grade) and excited to β€˜β€™meet” you all!

15. MoonMoon

pomegranate / 3393 posts

@msmilkshake: hi! It's nice to see you on this board, and I'm sorry for your loss.

My cycles are being wonky so I'm not 100% sure, but my poas date will probably be around 10/15 as well. Cheering for you!

16. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

@Kaohinani: yes, you can add me to the BFP list! Thanks!

17. Becky

persimmon / 1390 posts

@msmilkshake: Hi! This is the first cycle we are jumping into since having our second daughter 3+ years ago. I’m also on CD 3 and my POAS date will be about 10/15-10/16 as well. We may actually have to wait one more cycle because of a job thing (never ending saga, but I could end up with only 6 weeks of paid leave if we don’t time it right), but I should know about that right as I’m entering my fertile window 🀞

18. Becky

persimmon / 1390 posts

@LiliBillie: I’m not sure what it is, but I had this one cycle. The rest of the cycle went on to be totally normal. I was so sure I was a crazy early implanter or something but unfortunately no such luck. Crossing my fingers for you though!

19. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LiliBillie: Light post ovulatory spotting can be caused by a number of things. First is the hormonal surge following ovulation itself. Some women spot on occasion due to the increase in E2 (which is ovulatory spotting) or P4 (which is post-ovulatory spotting).
    Another possibility (since you stated it was brown discharge) is that it is old blood, perhaps from a cervical or vaginal abrasion caused by intercourse. This can happen if you start out "dry" or are BD-ing vigorously πŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™Š. It could even a bit of left over menses mixed with cervical mucous. Blood from the cervix or upper vaginal cavities can take days for reminants to make their way down from the uterus and cervix. Blood oxidates and turns brownish as it "ages." That is one reason why implantation spotting can show days after implantation and can vary in color as well. In any case, post ovulatory blood-tinted mucous isn't usually any thing of concern.

@msmilkshake: Welcome!!! I taught upper elementary (4th, 5th, & 6th grades) and students with exceptionalities for many years before teaching adults. It is a wonderfully rewarding age to instruct but can be trying (and tiring πŸ˜‰)at times. I hope the absolute best for you this cycle and I shall add your POAS date to the roster momentarily.

@MissLace: I will add your BFP to the roster immediately! Also, we are not pushing you out in any way, but, if you wish to join, there is a "May Mamas' " Board available when you are ready. https://boards.hellobee.com/topic/may-2020-mamas#post-2897119
    Congratulations, again! πŸ₯³

@Becky: Keep us updated. πŸ‘

20. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

😁 🀞 2019 POAS - Sept-to-Dec Edition 🀞 😁
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

πŸŒžβ›±πŸΉ August 2019 Roll-Over POAS πŸΉβ›±πŸŒž
    - Aug -
    β€’ 22 Aug - Mrs.Chickpea - - April/May Mama
    β€’ 26 Aug - Paranundrum
    β€’ 30 Aug - Maybebaby - - May Mama

πŸ“šπŸ«πŸ September 2019 POAS πŸπŸ«πŸ“š
    - Sept -
    β€’ 1 Sept - FuzzyPeaches
    β€’ 4 Sept - Raspberries
    β€’ 7 Sept - Kaohinani
    β€’ 7 Sept - LiliBillie
    β€’ 9 Sept - SweetCaroline - - May Mama
    β€’ 10 Sept - Chypmunk
    β€’ 12 Sept - ScarletBegonia
    β€’ 18 Sept - FarAwayMama
    β€’ 20 Sept - MoonMoon
    β€’ 22 Sept - BreakOutTheIceCream
    β€’ 22 Sept - Paranundrum
    β€’ 25 Sept - MissLace - - May/June Mama
    β€’ 25 Sept - Skiierchck99
    β€’ 27 Sept - Mrs. Panda
    β€’ 30 Sept - Kaohinani
    No POAS -
    TBD -
    Drop-in BFP-
    B-HCG testing - Skiierchck99 on the 25th

πŸ‚πŸ‘»πŸ«πŸ¬πŸ­ October 2019 POAS πŸ­πŸ¬πŸ«πŸ‘»πŸ‚
    - Oct -
    β€’ 4 Oct - Marfi
    β€’ 7 Oct - LiliBillie
    β€’ 8 Oct - Yellowbeach
    β€’ 9 Oct - Chypmunk
    β€’ 10 Oct - Raspberries
    β€’ 15 Oct - MsMilkshake
    β€’ 16 Oct - Mrs. Panda
    β€’ 16 Oct - Becky
    β€’
    No POAS -
    TBD - Marfi
    Drop-in BFP-
    B-HCG testing -

πŸπŸ‚πŸ—πŸˆ November 2019 POAS πŸˆπŸ—πŸ‚πŸ
    - Nov -
    β€’
    β€’
    β€’
    No POAS -
    TBD -
    Drop-in BFP-
    B-HCG testing -

β˜ƒοΈβ„πŸŒ² December 2019 POAS πŸŒ²β˜ƒοΈβ„
    - Dec -
    β€’
    β€’
    β€’
    No POAS -
    TBD -
    Drop-in BFP-
    B-HCG testing -

πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈπŸ“£ Amazing POAS Cheerleaders:
    - Lazb
    - Sam's Mom
    - CrazyDogLady
    - PachaMama
    - BHBee
    - MrsJBEEG

21. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

9 dpt / 7 dpIUI -

I can't BELIEVE how long my body is holding on to the trigger injection!!! 😯 It is, usually, completely gone (as in a super white HPT) by 7-9 dpt. πŸ€” I wish it were the "real deal."

10-MIU test with FMU:

For reference:

22. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani: This is why I hate triggers! 🀯

23. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

I became bored and figured that I would research the half life of my trigger πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ -
    @Yellowbeach: You may find this of interest:

OVIDREL SY (prefilled injection) is 250 mcg, which is 0.5 mL. It is equivalent to 6500-IU of injectable chorogonadotropin alpha.
    Following subcutaneous administration of Ovidrel (250 mcg) reaches maximum serum concentration (121 Β± 44 IU/L) sfter approximately 12 to 24 hours. Ovidrel is eliminated from the body with a mean terminal half-life of about 29 hours. After administration of Ovidrel, the mean terminal half-life is 26.5 Β± 2.5 hours and the total body clearance is 0.29 Β± 0.04 L/h. One-tenth of the dose is excreted in the urine.
    So, assuming the average expression of half life is about 30 hours (-/+ 3 hours per day based on one's ability to metabolize HCG) and that after the 1st day, the rate of half-life decreases to about 26.5 hours, Ovidrel could (potentially) be excreted into non-measurable levels in one's urine anywhere from 7 to 11 days past administering the initial dose.
    Doing the math =
    1) 6500 Γ· 2 = 3250-IU
    2) 3250 Γ· 2 = 1625-IU
    3) 1625 Γ· 2 = 812.5-IU
    4) 812.5 Γ· 2 = 406.25-IU
    5) 406.25 Γ· 2 = 203.125-IU
    6) 203.125 Γ· 2 = 101.56-IU
    7) 101.56 Γ· 2 = 50.78-IU
    8) 50.78 Γ· 2 = 25.39-IU (* barely detectable on 25-miu test & undetectable on 50-miu HPT)
    9) 25.39 Γ· 2 = 12.69-IU (* undetectable on 20-miu HPT)
    10) 12.69 Γ· 2 = 6.39-IU (* undetectable on 10-miu HPT)
    11) 6.39-IU Γ· 2 = 3.17-IU (* undetectable on FRER)

SOOOO, frustrating!!! 😑

24. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Kaohinani: I’m sorry it’s awful I’ve definitely had ovidrel trigger showing up at 10dpo (so I guess 12 past trigger). It definitely depends on a ton of factors like your biology, concentration of sample, how sensitive that particular individual test is (not just what the brand says it is), etc. Trigger is definitely a bastard. I’ve also had a 9dpo look stark white followed by squinter trigger at 10dpo just due to those variations. Hoping the next few days go quickly until you’re past it!!

25. Becky

persimmon / 1390 posts

I know a few people are TTC while looking for or starting new jobs. What happens if you deliver before you have been working somewhere for a year and thus don’t qualify for FMLA? Do you negotiate?

26. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Becky: I'm currently in that situation. I will be delivering less than 4 weeks before my 1 year anniversary. I am saving all my ETO, my company gives 2 weeks maternity/paternity regardless of status, I can use my sick leave that accrues at a slower rate... All in all I think I'll squeak out 6 weeks paid. I don't want to rely on this but I hear tell that the surgery department I work in (about 25 hourly employees) do a ETO gift. We're allowed to gift ETO to anyone else for any reason, so some women have managed to get a couple extra weeks of full pay.

27. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Update:
    10 dpt / 8 dpIUI -

β€’ HCG from trigger is out of my system as both my 10-miu IC & a FRER came up stark white.
    β€’ Still slightly nauseous (absolutely blaming the Crinone). 🀒
    β€’ Last night, I had a couple "stabby" πŸ—‘ cramps on my right side that lasted about 10 seconds each. The cramps then radiated to the left... DH made a joke that I "must" be pregnant which I didn't find all that funny at the time. πŸ™„
    β€’ BBT looks good (* see affixed chart)

@BHBee: Thank you! πŸ’™ I completely agree with you as there are so many variables to consider and frustrate one during the TWW post IUI!

28. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: glad that pesky trigger is gone!

29. Becky

persimmon / 1390 posts

@Sams Mom: That is so tough. I live in NY so there is paid family leave (PFLA) which basically has FMLA built in but you still have to be working for 26 weeks. Just having that available makes it feel like we should wait but getting a new job is never guaranteed.

30. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

I just popped in to make a quick update, I still have choir trip hangover (not from drinking, from the trip itself) and I'm trying to get back on work wavelength. I'm not up to date with the posts yet either.

I was right about AF, it arrived right on the first day of my trip. I'm CD 4 today.
    I had an appointment on Thursday and I ended up pushing IVF from November to January. I thought about it long and hard and with my current work situation, it felt like the right thing to do. This also gives a few more months for my SO's medications to do their thing.
    Everything looks fine with me and the doc checked if I had an OV this cycle, I did, but I also have a largeish cycst in my left ovary. I'll go back in November to start getting things in order for the January IVF and to check on the cycst.

The choir trip was great and while we didn't win any prizes, we did a great job and got a lot of positive feedback along with some good constructive criticism. Upward and onward. We have a concert a month starting this Saturday until Christmas (for two of which we haven't even started learning the material) and can't let loose just yet.

31. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: Thank you ... I am glad it is gone as well! πŸ‘ I just pray my HPT starts turning "positive" again. THIS has been THE LONGEST TWW (and I am only 9 dpIUI) πŸ˜’. I've got six more days and then have to come up with a new TTC plan if I am BFN. πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ As for you, any IVF updates?

@Paranundrum: Wow! I am glad you posted as I was starting to worry. I'm thrilled that your choir trip went well! πŸ‘©β€πŸŽ€πŸŽΌπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆ I will admit that I was surprised to read you will be pushing back your IVF cycle. You are doing the responsible thing by waiting until January; unfortunately, that means you are making me wait to hear it was successful until February! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜˜ Will you be trying naturally until then? Is there any chance your physician may wish to try a medicated TI cycle with you? I apologize as I am bombarding you with questions.

----------

As for me:
    11 dpt / 9 dpIUI -

β€’ No "symptoms" at all.
    β€’ I woke at 2 am and felt the need to take a HPT, but I ended up watching a television show and forgot about it. πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ I assume it will be BFN, so I have no real excitement or initiative to go and look anyway. I know, crazy πŸ€ͺ.
    β€’ My BBT chart (* see affixed) looks fantastic now. That stated - I have had so many months with great-looking BFN charts that I don't take it as a precursor to a BFP.

32. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: I don't like the waiting part either, but it's for the best right now. We'll continue trying naturally, getting pregnant wouldn't be the problem right now, but taking a lot of time off for IVF would be.
    My doctor said that with my SO's results, IVF is the only realistic option for us right now, but if the meds work for him, we'll probably do an IUI before getting to IVF.

Hit me with allll the questions you have, I don't mind answering.

Your chart looks great!

33. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@paranundrum: Good call on pushing back the IVf if it would foul up your work schedule and stress you out. For some women it’s the meds, injections and hormones that make IVF hard for them, but for me the stress of trying to schedule around my job and swap shifts last minute as the plan and calendar changed - no one really talks as much about how stressful that is. I agree (as usual) with @Kaohinani: it sucks to have to wait to hear the news, but at least we all have a bunch of fun and distracting holidays upcoming.

34. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@yellowbeach: I agree, the end of the year tends to fly by anyway and there's usually not much to look forward to in January.

I don't work in shifts, so there's nothing to swap. I would just have to take time off and in general it's a bit easier to do now compared to my old job, but I wouldn't want to have to start skipping work so soon after starting here. And I really don't look forward to the "soooo I just came to work here, but would you mind giving me time off for fertility treatments so eventually I'd just stay home for a few years, no problems, right? (and after that occasionally stay home with a coughing kid)" conversation... I'm surprised anyone still hires young(ish) women at all.

With all that said, I'm really not looking forward to the injections either. I mean anything for a baby of course, but still, not my favourite thing.

35. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@paranundrum: that’s exciting to have a path forward! Although I’m sure the wait is hard too

AFM I am 6dpo. I have been trying to keep my mind of ttc a bit bc especially last cycle I went to a crazy place, testing a million times and researching the internet looking for a magic answer (spoiler alert, there is none 🀣)

However I do wish someone would post some squinters for me to obsess about! @skiierchk99 are you going to test before your beta?! (I might have missed you answering this earlier)

36. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

So, I'm probably jinxing myself. I thought I saw a maybe-line on the 10-miu test I took around 2 am, however it was so far past the developing time that I tossed it. I took a 10-miu HPT. DH and I "thought" we saw "something" with a VVVVVVVF pink tinge. I tried to take a pic of it but, with the lighting, it is nearly impossible to see in a photo πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ. I also have a super-duper light FRER which I used a purple filter to bring out the pink tint.

My 10-miu test and FRER were blank yesterday so I am hoping this isn't left over trigger that is showing because I am extremely dehydrated. That stated, IDK if I trust the FRER πŸ™„.

@FuzzyPeaches: Squint away! 😘
    @Lazb: I need your "line eye" for this.

@Sams Mom: @Yellowbeach: @Paranundrum: and all the other lovely bees -
    Be honest, do you see anything? What do you think: (1) Super early BFP? (2) a BFN with left over trigger? (3) Messed up tests with light [pink] indents? IDK.

37. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: I definitely see something on both of them and that makes me hopeful it's not just a cruel prank from FRER.
    Everything crossed for you, can't wait to see tomorrow's test!

38. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Kaohinani: I agree something there, probably you can’t rule out trigger yet but I so hope it’s real for you!!

39. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Kaohinani: omggggg I’m crossing my fingers so hard for you!!! I definitely see it! I feel like tomorrow will let you know for sure if it’s trigger or real! Ahh

40. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: so, I went for my blood work and ultrasound on cd2 (Saturday) and ultrasound looked good (although my pesky endometrial cyst was still present!) But estrogen came back elevated so they are having me come back on Friday for another ultrasound to make sure I don't have a lead follicles. My doc seems to think we can still proceed with a lead follicle present, we will just change the protocol if necessary

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee