Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

POAS 2019 - September to December Edition

1. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: That is fantastic! I am glad you are having such a wonderful last day!

2. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani: love it 😍

3. SweetCaroline

pear / 1718 posts

I'm quiet but still here. O has been messing with me this month, Glow kept pushing it out. But, finally got a postive OPK this AM!

No idea when I'm going to POAS...probably 9/9, AF is expected 9/11.

4. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach:
    Thank you, mamacita!

@SweetCaroline: I'm sorry that OV is being a witch this month! πŸ™ I will keep my fingers crossed 🀞 that you have a nice, strong OV and hit it lucky this month.
    P.S. I changed your POAS date from the 4th to the 9th.

5. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

😁 🀞 2019 POAS - Sept-to-Dec Edition 🀞 😁
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

πŸŒžβ›±πŸΉ August 2019 Roll-Over POAS πŸΉβ›±πŸŒž
    - Aug -
    β€’ 22 Aug - Mrs.Chickpea - - April/May Mama
    β€’ 26 Aug - Paranundrum
    β€’ 30 Aug - Maybebaby

πŸ“šπŸ«πŸ September 2019 POAS πŸπŸ«πŸ“š
    - Sept -
    β€’ 1 Sept - FuzzyPeaches
    β€’ 4 Sept - Raspberries
    β€’ 5 Sept - Mrs. Panda
    β€’ 7 Sept - Kaohinani
    β€’ 7 Sept - LiliBillie
    β€’ 9 Sept - SweetCaroline
    β€’ 10 Sept - Chypmunk
    β€’ 12 Sept - ScarletBegonia
    β€’ 22 Sept - BreakOutTheIceCream
    No POAS -
    TBD - paranundrum, skiierchck99
    Drop-in BFP-

πŸ‚πŸ‘»πŸ«πŸ¬πŸ­ October 2019 POAS πŸ­πŸ¬πŸ«πŸ‘»πŸ‚
    - Oct -
    β€’ 4 Oct - Yellowbeach
    β€’
    β€’
    No POAS -
    TBD - Marfi
    Drop-in BFP-

πŸπŸ‚πŸ—πŸˆ November 2019 POAS πŸˆπŸ—πŸ‚πŸ
    - Nov -
    β€’
    β€’
    β€’
    No POAS -
    TBD -
    Drop-in BFP-

β˜ƒοΈβ„πŸŒ² December 2019 POAS πŸŒ²β˜ƒοΈβ„
    - Dec -
    β€’
    β€’
    β€’
    No POAS -
    TBD -
    Drop-in BFP-

πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈπŸ“£ Amazing POAS Cheerleaders:
    - Lazb
    - Sam's Mom
    - CrazyDogLady
    - PachaMama
    - BHBee
    - MrsJBEEG

6. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@Kaohinani: Lets go ahead and put me as TBD since I still haven't gotten a positive OPK yet. I'm starting to lose hope this cycle. Perhaps switching from Femara to Clomid wasn't the best idea.

7. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Mrs.Panda: I can do that for you: "TBD" IT IS! I am sorry that I can not be of more help -- I only know of Clomid and injectables (Follistim and Ovidrel) and their side effects on my body (* Clomid is EVIL! πŸ‘Ή). My OBGYN wouldn't allow me to take Femara since I showed poor response (and a far later ov) to Clomid. It didn't help that I am of AMA (* nearly 40 here πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ). When I inquired about Femara, he stated that he preferred I start seeing an RE and begin injectables, which I did and I react TOO well to injectable gonadotropins. I overstim on anything over 25-IU per injection and my OV date stays between CD 8-12. I digress, @Sams Mom took a couple cycles of Femara (after her horrid experiences on Clomid) and, if I remember correctly, she had an anovulatory cycle (or a freakishly long cycle ... I can't remember) her first run and a short cycle during the 2nd month. Perhaps you could ask her about it. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

8. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

- Aug -
    β€’ 26 Aug - Paranundrum
    β€’ 30 Aug - Maybebaby

- Sept -
    β€’ 4 Sept - Raspberries
    β€’ 7 Sept - Kaohinani
    β€’ 7 Sept - LiliBillie
    β€’ 10 Sept - Chypmunk
    No POAS -
    TBD - paranundrum, skiierchck99, Mrs. Panda
    Drop-in BFP-
    B-HCG testing -

- Oct -
    β€’ 4 Oct - Yellowbeach
    β€’
    β€’
    No POAS -
    TBD - Marfi
    Drop-in BFP-
    B-HCG testing -

- Nov -
    β€’
    β€’
    β€’
    No POAS -
    TBD -
    Drop-in BFP-
    B-HCG testing -

- Dec -
    β€’
    β€’
    β€’
    No POAS -
    TBD -
    Drop-in BFP-
    B-HCG testing -

- Lazb
    - Sam's Mom
    - CrazyDogLady
    - PachaMama
    - BHBee
    - MrsJBEEG

9. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

So, I am only 8 dpo but I keep feeling as though my AF is going to come on any minute. πŸ˜• I am having bloating 🎈, cramps ⚑, sciatic pain running from my left medial gluteal down my left hamstring β˜„πŸ¦΅, as well as, an increase in cervical discharge πŸ’§. It began about an hour ago and I keep making 🚽 powder room "checks." I know I complain a ton about having a freakishly long LP every cycle, but if I get my AF at 8 or 9 dpo this cycle, I am going to be shattered. Atleast with a long LP, Shrodinger's "baby"πŸ‘Ά (* formerly "cat" 😹) can exist for a week. πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ Feeling pretty cruddy πŸ€• ATM. Ok, rant over.

10. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Totally not POAS related, BUT I get to shadow the surgeon I work for in the OR tomorrow. I'm pretty excited, but a little nervous seeing surgery first hand. Blood and guts that don't belong to me or my child don't bother me... But you never know.

11. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: You are so unbelievably lucky!!!! I am jade green with envy atm. Surgery and the human body fascinates me ... bit you already know that.

12. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I'm pretty excited because he's basically doing one of everything that he does regularly. So I will see a tag and wire directed lumpectomy, a re-excisional lumpectomy, lap cholecystectomy, tag directed biopsy, and bilateral mastectomy with tissue expander placement

13. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: Just don't contaminate the sterile field and everything else is a cake walk! Have fun tomorrow!

14. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Soooooo, cool! πŸ˜πŸ‘ ... πŸ€” and now I don't like you as much (absolutely joking), because you get to see awesome things at work and the highlight of my workday is conversing with young adults who have a limited interest in proper sentence structure, or in reading American classics. πŸ˜–

15. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: πŸ€” You need to implement a "take a fellow bee to work day" program! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ I would "crazy πŸ€ͺ fight" someone for the chance to win a day to observe in the ER. πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜ΆπŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‚

16. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: one of my best friends is a tech, she has already threatened my life over getting near anything blue πŸ˜‚

@Kaohinani: I wonder if there is anyway to get in on observing surgeries with being an employee or student πŸ€”

17. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom @Kaohinani: After I'm officially "done" with all the IVF stuff and not an active patient anymore, the Embryologist at my RE said she'd let me shadow her for a day and learn about everything. Almost makes me want to stop now so I can geek out!

18. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: I believe that to observe a surgery at the hospital affiliated with my university, one has to be a PreMed or of a similar field. I do know that the Biology students, nursing students, PTs, and Biomechanics Majors have a chance to work on cadavers, though. (* I did as an Exercise Science and Biomechanics student.) It is not the same, though. πŸ€” Surgery seems so much more exciting. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜

19. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

totally popping in like the weirdo stalker I am (hi I'm snarkybiochemist and I totally stalk due date and poas boards and cheer you guys on)
    @Sams Mom: this is such a cool opportunity when I volunteered at a hospital in high school and college I was weirdly allowed to watch so many things the first surgery I ever watched was an open heart surgery and the rules the surgeon gave me were 1) don't touch anything blue 2) don't speak unless spoken to and 3) if you are going to faint try to fall backwards

20. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@snarkybiochemist: πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ our PA told me if I feel like I'm going down to find a wall to slide down. If I leave the room someone has to find me and make sure that I didn't pass out/hit my head.

21. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: Lady, you HAVE to record that for me (please? πŸ™). I am fascinated with reproductive science (as everyone already knows! πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚) and worked with a geneticist [at XULA] who specialized in human genetics and reproduction. I even audited one of his classes! I would be so interested to shadow in ANY medical field.

See a handful of my favorite texts πŸ˜‰ ... My Biomechanics texts, Medical dictionary, and NASM book are all in my gym:
    πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

22. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@snarkybiochemist: That is awesome! What an experience you must have had. 😁

23. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Kaohinani: it was amazing and its only now that I realize just how crazy it was that I saw an open heart surgery at 15. I work at a medical school now on the research side but sometimes can sneak into lectures and such and its just great learning everything science and medical

24. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: πŸ€” Look what you've done πŸ˜‰, this has metamophasized from a POAS board into a medical "geek out!" 🀣

25. LiliBillie

cherry / 105 posts

@Kaohinani: I'm there with you. I FEEL like I'm going to get AF and there is no way I will have a this month and I'm also 9dpo..
    Have you ever been pregnant? With my DD, I felt like I was pregnant when I was. But I also BDed the entire month then. Three times around O this month doesn't feel like enough... haha also my nipples stopped hurting. Now I just feel bloated and blah. Why do we get so obsessive when we TTC? I want to forget about it until I'm like oups i'm late! haha no way

26. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LiliBillie: Yes, ma'am, I've had 2 live births (both via csection - one was an emergency and the other was scheduled due to me being high risk and of AMA) ... DD is 11 and DS is 4. πŸ€” Both of my BFP symptoms were so dissimilar between them, that I don't know what I'd expect from a 3rd! πŸ˜‚ Right now, I just feel so, "blaaaahhhh. πŸ€•" I can empathize with you completely.

27. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Hi friends! Sorry I have been MIA, I just was trying to avoid getting caught up in poas when I couldn’t do it myself.
    So, things have been crazy and intense and busy, so I was planning on waiting another couple of months, but now I’m leaning towards starting my transfer cycle next month (as in starting in 2ish weeks).
    I’ve been having a lot of endometriosis pains, and it’s making me nervous about decreased ivf success. The thing is, I started a job this summer as interim executive director of a small nonprofit and officially started (no longer interim) in August. So, getting a good schedule down and everything has been tough, but I don’t want to blow my chances because things are busy.
    Ugh, I don’t know what to do, but I’m thinking I may be back on the boards sooner rather than later.

28. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: OMG, I am so happy to see you on here! I am glad you took a mental break but you were very missed. Congratulations on the new position! πŸ₯³ That is spectacular. I do understand your conflicting feelings about going through your ART process with Endo and while working as I have the same concerns; however you are further along on your journey than I. We will support you in whatever you decide. Anyway, welcome [whenever you are ready to join in] and good luck !!!

29. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LiliBillie: Decided to have a glass of wine 🍷 while making dinner in order to ease the crampiness ... If you do not have an aversion to alcohol [normally or in the TWW], I greatly advise it. πŸ˜‰ If you do, I apologize for suggesting it.

30. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: hi! And thank you I’m going to talk to dh about it tonight and come up with a plan.

31. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: Fantastic! In any case, even if you choose not to join, please, stay in touch. So many of us (including myself, with my Endo questions which can not be answered through searches or studies) look to your experience and knowledge. That stated, I would LOVE to see you on the board (probably selfishly) so I can witness the progress of your first IVF/FET cycle and (HOPEFULLY) your beautiful rainbow.

32. farawayyama

kiwi / 556 posts

Shyly waving

β€’ Cycle Day: 10
    β€’ TTC Cycle (or months TTC): 1
    β€’ Ovulation Date: any day now (slightly irregular cycles and I went early last month. Fun fact. Last time I went more than a day or two early was the month before we conceived DD. AF came on 18th instead of 24th/25thish. Last month, AF was due on 24/5thish. Came on 18th).
    β€’ POAS Date: 18th unless symptomatic (with DD I had symptoms early and got BFP on day 18). I would a couple of days earlier but that interferes with the craziness below. I don't want a BFN on a special day.
    β€’ Baby #: 2. DD will be 5 in a couple of weeks.
    BONUS, For Fun:
    (1) Is there anything exciting you'd like to share?
    Not right now. We just both got new jobs and moved so I want to settle for a while.
    (2) Do you have any exciting plans for the month (* holiday plans, vacations, reunions, anniversaries, or birthdays)?
    My birthday, DD's birthday. Wedding anniversary. All in a 5 day span. We keep things busy in September. In October I'm going to Boston to stay with a friend I met in an online due date group for DD!
    (3) Are you trying anything "different" this TTC cycle?
    Not using protection
    ... Also- if you wish, you may link your BBT chart (if you have one and want to share).

Side note: reading back through this, 18 seems to be our lucky number...

33. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@farawayyama: (*waving back enthusiastically and smiling warmly* πŸ‘‹πŸ˜ƒ)
    Welcome to the board! Wow, it does appear that 18 is your number ... Hopefully, the 18th of this month will be lucky for you! I will add you to the roster immediately.

34. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Our September Roster looks spectacularπŸ‘ so far ... I can not wait to see some " " sticks! 😁

- Aug -
    β€’ 26 Aug - Paranundrum
    β€’ 30 Aug - Maybebaby

- Sept -
    β€’ 4 Sept - Raspberries
    β€’ 7 Sept - Kaohinani
    β€’ 7 Sept - LiliBillie
    β€’ 10 Sept - Chypmunk
    β€’ 18 Sept - FarAwayMama
    No POAS -
    TBD - Paranundrum, Skiierchck99, Mrs. Panda
    Drop-in BFP-
    B-HCG testing -

- Oct -
    β€’ 4 Oct - Yellowbeach
    β€’
    β€’
    No POAS -
    TBD - Marfi
    Drop-in BFP-
    B-HCG testing -

- Nov -
    β€’
    β€’
    β€’
    No POAS -
    TBD -
    Drop-in BFP-
    B-HCG testing -

- Dec -
    β€’
    β€’
    β€’
    No POAS -
    TBD -
    Drop-in BFP-
    B-HCG testing -

- Lazb
    - Sam's Mom
    - CrazyDogLady
    - PachaMama
    - BHBee
    - MrsJBEEG

35. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Paranundrum: Good luck with the new job!

36. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

I've missed out on so much again. I guess that's what you get for living in a different time zone.

Fun fact, I'm unemployed today! (Just for this one day.)

@Kaohinani: @LiliBillie: I'm sorry you're not feeling that optimistic. Fingers crossed it leads to a great outcome regardless.

@Sams Mom: Wow, that sounds like a great opportunity! I love the three simple and straightforward rules @snarkybiochemist: shared.

@LAZB: Great to have you with us again! I get your work dilemma, I'm right in the middle on a job change too and I still haven't really made up my mind on whether to start IVF in November as planned or to push it back a few months, so I don't have to take too much time off right after starting in a new place.

@farawayyama: Welcome! I hope this is your month, good luck!

@Kaohinani: Thank you!

37. farawayyama

kiwi / 556 posts

@paranundrum: I really hope this is my month too! I teach and if I can somehow rock this month I'll be due the Sunday after school let's out!

38. LiliBillie

cherry / 105 posts

@Kaohinani: I hope you enjoyed the wine
    I don't know what's up with me but I'm so so low energy. I have no energy/motivation to even watch a Netflix show. Last night I took my 10 months old puppy out for a walk with my 5 y o daughter and some rude man rolled his eyes at me because my pup was barking and I came home and cried. Also I almost tested last night because it's driven me bunkers and I'm the least patient person you will ever know. Anyways. I looked up #9dpo on instagram and saw so many I decided to continue to be patient. Who is testing soon? @Maybebaby??? Cheering for you!

39. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LiliBillie: I woke this morning and all cramping had ceased. I am extremely bloated but nothing else atm. As I stated before, this cycle was going to be a crap-shoot anyway since I had a large follicle so early (and my RE and his partner couldn't agree as to whether or not I should trigger and DTD versus not triggering and avoiding all BDing). I'm hopeful but not greatly invested. As for you, I am sorry that you have had so many TWW symptoms and find yourself emotional. It is never fun to feel that way. Of course, if you feel the need to POAS, please, feel free to do so and share ... all of the POAS addicts will be thrilled to begin seeing some HPTs. πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ

40. LiliBillie

cherry / 105 posts

@Kaohinani: i caved! 10dpo middle of the day urine and but at least I can relax now and wait for AF...

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee