Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

POAS 2019 - September to December Edition

1. SweetCaroline

pear / 1718 posts

@maybebaby: Congratulations!!!

2. SweetCaroline

pear / 1718 posts

So every cycle, a few days after O, I'm like.."oh hey! I forgot for half a second that I'm in the TWW. Surely, several days have passed and I should POAS now. Let me consult my chart."

Every.Damn.Time: "oh. I'm 4 DPO? wah wah."

Busy week with back to school and I could use a cold glass of wine.

3. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Hey ladies just checking in. Been MIA working all three days this holiday weekend. Nothing major to report. Just have my ERA biopsy tomorrow afternoon.

4. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@maybebaby: congratulations over here too

5. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

So, my friend and I were texting tonight and I thought these were pretty funny, thought I’d share with my fellow TTC friends. This is My friend who I’ve spoken about before who has been trying for 3 1/2 years. They did a retrieval cycle, and have three PGS normal embryos frozen. They are supposed to do a transfer after their 10 year anniversary trip in a couple weeks. My friend who I’ve spoken about before who has been trying for 3 1/2 years. They did a retrieval cycle, and had three PGS normal embryos frozen. They are supposed to do a transfer after their 10 year anniversary trip in a couple weeks.

6. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@LAZB: o hell! 😂I would have the same reaction if I had babies on ice, AND an anniversary trip on the books.

7. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Sams Mom: I like how she labeled the tests 😝

8. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@SweetCaroline: I do the same EVERY cycle. I test at 6 dpo, knowing very well nothing will show. (* But by the time 12/14 dpo comes around, I have lost my guts to test. 🤦‍♀️)

@yellowbeach: Good luck today with your ERA.

@LAZB: Oh, my! 🤣 That is funny! I love how she labeled her HPTs. 😉 I wish I had her luck ... DH and I will also be celebrating our 10th and we have been trying for over 3-1/2 years so I can really empathize with where she must have been mentally. Thanks for sharing.

---------
    As for me, I am 14 dpo. My BBT fell .40 this morning so I am pretty certain I'm out this cycle. 🥺 What is wrong with my body!?! 🤦‍♀️😕 IUI next cycle.

9. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@maybebaby: Congratulations once more, those look great!

@yellowbeach: Good luck!

@LAZB: mr.Murphy to the rescue!

@Kaohinani: I'm sorry your temp dropped, but you know as well as I do, it might just pop back up tomorrow...and what happened to not stressing over the temps this cycle? I'll keep my hopes up for you!

I'm sorry I have been absent, it's my third day on my new job and I'm trying to learn fast. It's a bit overwhelming, but I guess every new start is.
    I haven't had a moment to spare to even think about TTC, but OV should be in the end of the week.

10. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: Thank you. You are absolutely correct. I am not a fortune teller 🔮 and I can't foretell what my BBT will do. I am just going off of past trends, which has me anxious.

As for you, I can only imagine you have been super busy with your new position and all -- so much to learn in such a little time. I can believe it is a spectacular distraction to TTC. 😉

11. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: definitely not out yet! One temp does not determine everything!
    @paranundrum: nice to have a distraction! Although I hear you on feeling overwhelmed, that’s how I’m feeling with my new job too

12. SweetCaroline

pear / 1718 posts

@Kaohinani: fx that temp is an outlier!

Today I dropped DD off at her first day of pre K, new school. She did great, no tears. Not going to lie, I'm feeling a little bitter that she doesn't have a little sib yet...she will be so fantastic! She asks me at least once a week when we can have a baby

13. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@paranundrum: How are you liking the new job? Did you make a good switch?

@Kaohinani: I agree with @LazB - not out with just one temp drop, but understand the hesitation.

Ugh - I'm feeling very wound up this morning. Just got off the phone for a medical interview for disability insurance (trying to adult this month and do some things I should have done a long time ago)... man those people ask you such personal questions and make ever doctors visit feel like a liability and a reason to deny you. I tried explaining to her that I took estrogen today but don't take it tomorrow or for at least two weeks... that it's not a "long-term" medication... my head was exploding. IVF (and reproductive medicine in general) don't fit nicely into the boxes on those forms. It was quite painful having to rehash everything (preterm delivery, HELLP, PreE, infertility, TFMR, failed IVFx9..) I think I have PTSD now. Watch them deny me now.

14. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@SweetCaroline: thank you! FX for you during the dreaded wait!
    @LAZB: thank you!

@Kaohinani: so sorry about temp drop, hoping it's a fluke .<3

@yellowbeach: really hope that the coverage issue is sorted out soon, how frustrating

15. SweetCaroline

pear / 1718 posts

@yellowbeach: oh gosh, that sounds traumatic to rehash everything to a stranger that is trying to fit everything into a black and white situation.

16. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: @LAZB: It's a great distraction almost to the point of "whoops, OV was a week ago and we didn't DTD once near that...". Hasn't happened yet, but I feel like it might.

@yellowbeach: It's still early days, but I think it was a good choice in the long run. Right now I just have a lot to learn and I try to not mess anything major up. My coworkers are nice though. The staff is a bit... masculine overall, the men outnumber the women about four to one, so even if I get in trouble, there's a knight in shining armour on every corner to help out a damsel in distress.

And I'm so sorry you had such a rough situation.

17. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Anyone want to stare at pee sticks? Here are the ones from my friend, and she’s trying to get blood work today.
    I’m leaning towards frer bullsh*t because I think she is too early to test, but we will see!

18. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: @SweetCaroline: @yellowbeach: @maybebaby:

Thank you. While I know one temp won't define my entire cycle, I usually begin having my temps fall around 14 dpo and AF comes 2 to 4 days after. It is my BBT trend. I hope for the best and expect the worst after the 1st temp drops.

Yellowbeach - That sounds entirely too frustrating! I am sorry that you had to relive all of the hardships just for the interview.
    🤔 Just think, with my AIs, Endo, secondary infertility, and Epilepsy, I would be a huge liability for them to take on! 🙄🤣

19. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: Yeah, after all that you and Yellowbeach have gone through with FRERs giving false positives, I am a bit hesitant as well. Were all of the tests from yesterday or did she take 2 yesterday and one this morning? They all look a bit light and I dont see any progression.

20. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: yep, two from last night and one from this morning

21. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Just quickly checking in ...

@Yellowbeach: How did the ERA go? 🤷‍♀️

@LAZB: If you wouldn't mind (and if sharing doesn't offend her), would you be able to share her numbers when/if she does have a beta? I am super curious! I hope she gets whatever she is hoping for. 🤞

Okay, I have to get back to class 👩🏫 ...

22. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani: ERA was very straightforward. To do the biopsy they don’t even have to scrape or clip anything - they just stick a catheter in there that has a plunger in the middle and pull back. Apparently the lining easily pulls away. Nearly painless. Now the wait... my RE is 100% convinced the company will say I am >24 hrs off so that the test has to be repeated (and they can make another $795). My prediction is we will get a receptive result meaning there’s nothing different to try.

23. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: I understand the procedure.
    I was most curious as to how it went for you. I am so glad your ERA went well and was [nearly] painless. I hope you receive definitive answers either way [but I am swayed towards them finding something that could lend you a more positiveIVF/FET outcome! ]. I am unbelievably curious of any findings so, please, report back. If DH's and my IUI and any subsequent IVF treatments do not fair well, I was looking into one for the future and I love seeing how others' fared in similar circumstance, especially a seasoned TTC-er and fellow woman who is inflicted with 2ndary infertility. Thank you for being a pioneer and mentor for me. 💕

24. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

So, I have good news and some weird/bad news -- Actually, I shall just call everything "conflicting and confusing at best."

Good news: My BBT is back up! I am also not cramping as I usually do before AF. 😃 Definitely a win there. I have NO symptoms (sore BBs, nausea, pimples, etc) either way.

Weird/bad news: After taking my FMU, I had bright red spotting on my TP and a few small clots in the toilet water. 🤦‍♀️ In went a tampon. IDK if I am just spotting or if this will be the start of AF. Makes it difficult and frustrating since on CD3, I would go in for u/s and to begin Follistim for my IUI. Is this CD1 or will it stop? 🤷‍♀️ TTC sucks!

My chart (OvaView) -

25. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Update - Definitely AF starting. 😕
    Oh, well, onto month 43.

26. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: super suck. I’m sorry

27. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani:

28. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Kaohinani: hugs and super for this iui cycle!!

29. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: @yellowbeach: @bhbee:
    Thanks, ladies. It super stinks that I didn't even make it to my POAS date this cycle ... I knew this last cycle was a long shot but still, "ugh."
    Fingers crossed that I will be able to IUI this month.

30. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@Kaohinani: so so sorry to hear this, and truly hoping the IUI works out for this month

31. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@maybebaby: Thank you , as do I.

32. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

For those following along, my friend’s beta was negative. So, moral of the story, FRERs still suck.

33. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: Wow! Thank you for the update!

34. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: I'm so sorry. Good luck for next cycle though, I really hope your plan works!

35. MoonMoon

pomegranate / 3392 posts

@Kaohinani: I'm so sorry to hear that! How frustrating! Is there An r u fun GB more unwelcome than AF to a woman ttc...

Question for you ladies: what does a prolonged period of positive Opk tests mean? After it fading for a couple of days, I got this super positive dark line today. This makes almost a week... I'm thinking it's not good news? Not to mention I've worked the past 3 nights and had assumed ovulation was done so we had stopped DTD. Thoughts?

36. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

Hey everyone sorry MIA! It’s been tough this cycle emotionally. I’m just feeling defeated. Ultimately am 13dpo and either had a very faint chemical or just negatives (mine kind of looked like your friend’s @LAZB: so it’s hard to say... I’m almost hoping it was just negative)

Hoping to have an hsg this cycle and possibly try prednisone. DH is making the argument to try femara again alone without the prednisone this cycle (he is worried about me being on prednisone) so I haven’t decided yet. He is worried about insomnia/mood/weight gain etc.

Anyway that’s my sorry update. I’ve been reading along and still rooting for everyone!

37. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@MoonMoon: I just scrolled back, and your tests from four days ago weren’t positive, this one is though!

38. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@MoonMoon: agree just positive now - still time (actually perfect timing now) so hope you can fit some bd in!

39. MoonMoon

pomegranate / 3392 posts

@LAZB: @bhbee: ah ok ! I just jumped the gun... I'm not working tonight, and it's our anniversary so... Yay !

Thank you ladies, I'm glad I kept testing

40. ScarletBegonia

persimmon / 1339 posts

I've been pretty absent...I used OPKs for the first time this month and it was quite enlightening - my cycles are 27-29 days so i always assumed I ovulated on day 14 - turns out its more like day 17/18. Not great in terms of my luteal phase but also good to know because we usually tried until day 14 and took a few days off after that (or a few weeks off, ha ha!) This month we hit most days leading up to my LH surge and then 1 day after. Who knows still but at least I feel more informed now. Not sure when my POAS date will be now - will update as required. Also applying for a new job atm so that will make things interesting if this is in fact our month!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee