Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

POAS 2020

1. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Just stopping by to say I am thinking of all you ladies TTC - whether still BDing or stuck in a Covid holding pattern with your REIs... none of it is easy. Sending love.

2. laurelew

pea / 14 posts

@yellowbeach Thank you! You've been in my thoughts as well.

I'm one of those in a holding pattern right now. My fertility clinic is still hoping to resume treatments again on May 1st but of course my cycle would still have to align as well. I've already mentally resigned myself to missing that date by less than 5 days, then having to go on BC for two weeks before we can trigger a new cycle. Also once we can start again, I'll be doing an ERA the first month before we can move on to another FET.

If nothing else, infertility is definitely a good lesson in patience.

3. breakouttheicecream

olive / 66 posts

Good luck, @Laurelew! Hope the dates align.

I'm taking a break from treatment this cycle, as I imagine many of you are. Sending good wishes to all of you in this strange time.

4. laurelew

pea / 14 posts

AF started yesterday (Apr 27). I was so stressed because my clinic is reopening on May 1, which meant I was a few days early to be able to start my ERA cycle since May 1 would be past the window for the day 2/3 blood work and u/s. However I just got a call from the IVF coordinator this morning and she said they are okay with me starting the estrogen pills and patches tomorrow without the initial blood work and u/s and then we'll continue to proceed as normal. ERA is slated for May 19 and if all goes well I should be able to transfer again sometime in early to mid-June.

5. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@laurelew: What awesome news! I'm so glad you won't have to skip a cycle due to awkward timing.

We opted to do a cycle of Clomid unmonitored rather than just waiting it out, and I just got a positive OPK today.

6. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@laurelew: that’s great news!

@raspberries: clinic sounds good / why not right? Otherwise just a wasted cycle. Good luck!

7. laurelew

pea / 14 posts

@raspberries Good luck!!

8. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Little paranoid as I approach being late. My PP periods are still a bit out of whack. Literally had sex once when I assumed I was a few days from Oing and then all O symptoms stopped. I almost always spot before my period and that hasn't started yet… We've discussed a third as it is, but there's a bit more to it than that lol. But now what? I'm fine being pregnant, I think, but the thought of 3 girls… Oh, and I haven't told DH that AF hasn't arrived yet.

9. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LindsayInNY: are you planning to test or wait it out? I know it must be a lot to process - not sure to say good luck or not

10. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@bhbee: TBH I don't know. We're not home right now... Not that I have tests at home. So I don't want to go out and waste money unnecessarily either. I've never had symptoms beforehand. But I do worry because my two successfully pregnancies both involved me using progesterone. So I can't help but worry about NOT having it (if needed) and I don't think I have any way to get it? Lots of thoughts here lol.

11. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@LindsayInNY: Ohhh I'm excited for you! Any update? I'm waiting to see this month too. Maybe do some POAS tomorrow.

12. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@psw27: Yessss! I don't have easy access to a test so likely not getting one until late Friday or Saturday. So more waiting I guess...

13. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@LindsayInNY: any updates?

14. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@yellowbeach: Had the most beautiful two pink lines, DH was excited and I was nervous. And yesterday’s faint brown spotting turned into full fledged bleeding this morning. 😢

15. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: I am so so sorry sweet friend.

16. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LindsayInNY: oh I’m so sorry to hear that. Big hugs

17. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

Hi all, first post [in thread/since reviving old account]. I'm 10 dpo and got a digital negative, which isn't wholly surprising this early, but I've had shadow lines since 8 dpo. I had an early loss / chemical pregnancy last month, so I'm not really expecting much this month but still trying to be hopeful. This process is rough.

18. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@starchild: Welcome back! How did it turn out for you?? I haven't been around since I've been getting BFN after BFN, and I'm in the TWW of my last cycle of unmonitored clomid. Fingers crossed it works this time around - I'm really hoping to avoid further infertility treatments.

19. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@LindsayInNY: oh no I am so so sorry ☹️

AFM, just stopping by to say I’m crazy. Not POAS yet but can’t bring myself to answer my OB re: which birth control I want, and I may have just reactivated my FertilityFriend account. I’m not saying I actively want a third, but I kind of hate that everyone assumes we are done just because I am 42. In my head I know it’s so unlikely, especially given what it took to get DS, but I had a spontaneous pregnancy before and wouldn’t be disappointed if it happened again. Of course I can’t yet admit any of this to DH because he’ll most certainly think I am pathological. Which is probably fair. Lol.

20. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@yellowbeach: Age is just a number

21. MoonMoon

pomegranate / 3392 posts

@yellowbeach: raises hand. Currently pregnant and 41, but I would be lying if I said I didn't have thoughts of how a possible 3rd pregnancy would go... Of course, if I BF for a couple of years it would exceedingly unlikely, especially with how long it took to get pregnant but... the thoughts are there.

22. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@yellowbeach: @MoonMoon: One of the moms from my kids' preschool just had her third (a surprise, but definitely wanted!) at 46

23. TTCbabyP

coffee bean / 33 posts

Hey everyone! Just like @starchild, I reactivated my old account now that we're trying for a second baby (first bio)! AF is due soon, but not entirely sure when since this is my first cycle in a while. Today is CD 29, 12 DPO. I was on continuous bcp because of insane periods with endo, and I finally had surgery at the end of May! So this is my first cycle post op. I was really hoping for a BFP since this cycle was supposed to have good chances! I've been charting BBT and doing OPKs. I haven't had any preg symptoms and have gotten tons of BFNs lol, so I'm hoping to get geared for next time again. I just wanted to say Hi and get back in the swing of things on here with everyone!

24. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@TTCbabyP: good luck!!

25. MamaintheValley

pea / 24 posts

De-lurking again because we are sort of kind of NTNP for a third. It's been three cycles of getting in only one BD session in the fertile window, and every time AF is near I feel my hopes getting up! I'm getting a bit more baby fever each cycle soooo... I'm giving in and joining this board. Maybe I'll actually talk to DH about whether we should officially try!
    I've never gotten pregnant without assistance, so there's that too... but you never know.

So, today is CD16, and I'm 2 DPO (had a very positive OPK 3 days ago). Let the 2WW begin...

26. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@MamaintheValley: assuming no luck this cycle or we would have heard an update?

How is everyone else doing this month? Can you believe it’s almost September? Anyone actively trying this month? Anyone deliberately sitting it out due to Covid still?

27. MamaintheValley

pea / 24 posts

@yellowbeach: It was a no that cycle, and then almost an exact repeat the cycle after that!

I'm CD 8 today and maybe this month we'll actively try. Clearly 1 session during fertile window isn't going to cut it.

Since I have a history of infertility and I'm pushing 40, I can't wait out the pandemic to really start trying. I've known lots of women who recently had babies with absolutely no issues.

28. MamaintheValley

pea / 24 posts

Just popping back in to see if anyone is actively trying right now. We've gone about 6-7 rounds of not preventing but this past cycle we actively tried, and it was a no go (not surprised). I'm wondering if we'll end up wanting a third enough to go back to the RE or not... no frozen embies but I might consider a medicated IUI.

Anyone else?

29. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@MamaintheValley: We are still NTNP... we had to do IVF for both DD and DS, and DS hasn't been the easiest baby, so I was convinced DH would never be game for a third. While we are done with IVF, we might continue NTNP and see what happens (we did have one spontaneous pregnancy between out two IVF babies)... DS is now a much more pleasant baby, so I think a 3rd wouldn't land us in divorce if it happened. But I have no expectations considering our journey thus far.

ETA: AF still hasn't returned and I am 17weeks PP, stopped BF 2 weeks ago.

30. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Still waiting for AF... 🙄

31. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

She’s here! Might just spend this cycle temping to see what my body plans to do. Still don’t have DH on board to actually go for #3.

32. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@yellowbeach: good luck, with all of it! I spent a long time having discussions with DH about having #3, and then it took a while to have a successful pregnancy, but still would do it again!

33. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@yellowbeach: yay for AF’s return!

It took me a year to get DH on board with number two, and then we found out we were having twins. Honestly he wasn’t thrilled at first, but now we couldn’t imagine our life without 3!

34. MoonMoon

pomegranate / 3392 posts

@yellowbeach: I'm following this thread as a cheerleader now! I totally understand the journey of coming to an agreement with a more skeptical partner. Good luck!

35. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

Okay. I will pop in here this month since I see others in my same position. Not trying, not fully preventing. DD#1 is ivf baby after 5 years of trying. DD#2 was shocking surprise 20 months later. I think husband would like to try for a boy and doesn't care about having another girl. I really think we are best to stop at two, and would love a third in a perfect world. Also, it feels presumptuous to take a pregnancy test since I really think we have some kind of infertility problem given our past trying. but, here I am after a crazy night last week looking at my fertility friend app and feeling *yikes* because I've sold all my baby stuff.

36. MamaintheValley

pea / 24 posts

@agold: oh boy, another NTNP for a third! I also had to go the IVF route for my first two, so I feel like if we’re undecided why not just see what happens. At this point I don’t think I’d be too disappointed if a third doesn’t happen, but if it does, it would feel like a beautiful surprise, I’d that makes sense.

I’m not NOT symptom spotting, though

37. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

Alright. Please tell me your thoughts on this first response faint line. Im cd25, but my periods have been coming every 24-26 days since baby #2. Any chance it’s not even a second line? Or a false second line? I peed hard and long on this stick.

38. poppygirl15

apricot / 400 posts

I’m not a POAS expert, but I totally see it!

39. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@agold: def a line! Frers can occasionally do crazy false positives so could be worth trying another brand (or just seeing what tomorrow looks like), but it’s no squinter so I’m voting real!

40. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@agold: definitely a line! It looks like it has a little pink to it, which points me to believe it’s a positive and not a false!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee