I posted this in a thread yesterday but these cupcakes are so good they deserve their own thread
Carbomb Cupcakes - makes about 20 cupcakes
1 cup of Guinness
1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted Butter
3/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
2 cups All-purpose Flour
2 cups Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
3/4 tsp Salt
2/3 cup Sour Cream
8 oz of Bittersweet Chocolate
2/3 cup Heavy Cream
2 tbs. Butter
2 to 3 tbs of Jameson Whiskey (taste)
3 cups Confectioner's Sugar (Powder Sugar)
1 stick of Unsalted Butter - Softened!
1 8oz Package of Cream Cheese - Softened!
1 to 2tbs. of Bailey's (taste 1st before adding that 2nd tbs.)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line your cupcake trays with liners
2. In a sauce pan, bring Guinness and Butter to a simmer and then whisk in Cocoa Powder until smooth.
3. Let it cool slightly.
(I used the whisk on my hand mixer it worked much better than by hand)
4. In one large bowl, mix Flour, Sugar, Baking Soda and Salt.
5. In another larger bowl, beat eggs and sour cream with a hand mixer.
6. Add the Guinness Pot to the Egg/Sour Cream mixture and beat just until mixed.
7. Slowly mix in flour mixture while using the electric mixer.
8. Using a rubber spatula fold batter until completely combined.
9. Fill cup cake liners 3/4 full and bake for 17-18 minutes. tooth pick should come out clean. Let these cool on a wire rack. Carve out a hole in the center of each cupcake for the filling
1. In a saucepan, boil water.
2. in another sauce pan, heat the cream until starts to simmer.
3. Add in your chocolate chips, remove from heat, and after about a minute stir the melted chocolate until smooth.
4. If you need to get it smoother place the pot over the boiling water pot to create a double boiler.
5. Add Butter and Whiskey and mix well.
6. Thicken and slightly cool the ganache in the fridge before filling the cupcakes.
1. In a large bowl mix Butter and Cream Cheese with a hand mixer until fluffy.
2. Slowly add in the powdered sugar mixing as you go.
3. Drizzle in the Bailey's and mix thoroughly.
Ice and decorate your cupcakes
Tip: if you love icing like i do, and this icing is really good. I usually double the cupcake recipe and triple the icing.