I'm a planner by nature and I'm going a little crazy waiting for something to happen in my job search. I've been applying for jobs in my home state for about 2 months now.

I currently have 1 solid opportunity back home that I did a video interview for on Friday. They said I should hear back by the beginning of the month. I also interviewed with a local corporation on Friday afternoon - a position I applied for before deciding to move. The local job would likely pay more than my current, but I'm unsure if I'll be asked back for the next phase of interviews.

I also have another position that I'm super excited about back in my home state that I haven't interviewed for yet, still waiting to hear back for a time to talk to the CEO by phone.

I've thought a lot about my moving timeline and I think we can make it work with a 1 month window from accepting an offer to the start date, but I'm not sure if I'll be getting an offer any time soon and I'm getting really antsy to make some decisions about my life. I need to decide if my son is doing any summer activities like swimming or sports. More importantly, I need to decide where he's going to preschool in the fall!

I've looked for apartments that are wheelchair accessible and there are some, but not a lot and they are on the more expensive side. I also still have no idea what part of the region I will end up working in, which of course is super important for apartment hunting and looking for preschools.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? How can I find some grounding when things could change at any moment? I feel powerless right now. Tell me it will all work out!