Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2017 moms!

1. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

24 weeks today - viability!

Had an ultrasound to measure my cervix, which was fine, and they also peeked at the baby. Everything is going well so far. I'm measuring on track (and up 13 lbs!) so we will do a growth scan at 32 weeks. Had my GD test this morning as well. I've never had GD before and hoping to stay that way!

I have plenty of BH contractions already, but OB said not to worry unless they are coming in a pattern or 6+ an hour.

2. winniebee

@Winnie13: I'm sorry that they are putting you on pelvic rest My experience is that I have a VERY irritable uterus. With my first pregnancy, I started getting BH contractions at 26 weeks and by 30 weeks they were very frequent, probably every 10 mins (now, mind you I had not slowed down at all, working out, working full time). At 30 weeks, they checked my cervix and I was closed but they did a fetal fibronectin test which was positive. So they sent me to the hospital for monitoring and my cervix had dilated to 1. I was in the hospital for 4 days and then on bed rest at home until 37 weeks. I had contractions throughout those 7 weeks, but at 36 weeks, I was only 2 cm dilated. In the end, I think the cervix examination at 30 weeks is what got me to start dilating!

My second pregnancy, I had the same types and amounts of contractions but a different OB who told me to listen to my body and to call if they were happening more than every 10 mins. I took it very easy from 30-36 weeks and I declined any cervix checks until 36 weeks. At 36 weeks, I was only 2 cm...and at 38 weeks was still only 2 cm!

5-10 BH a day doesn't seem like a lot (especially with twins) but I'm sure they are being very conservative with you to make sure those babies stay put as long as possible. My understanding is that contractions do not serve to dilate the cervix until you are getting them every 10 mins or so. So, definitely take it easy, but try not to freak out!

3. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Winnie13: I'm sorry that your appointment was worrisome

I'm surprised to hear that your doc was concerned with that number of BH contractions but glad that they're keeping a close eye on you and those babies! I would guess that I'm having an average of maybe 3 or 4 an hour (definitely more with increased activity level) and have been for several weeks. I had no BH with my first pregnancy, but was pretty similar to this with my son. It's uncomfortable - but so far my OB hasn't been worried.

@winniebee: That was helpful to read! I'm sure we talked about this last time but it's a good reminder. Hope your glucose test went well!

4. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

@Winnie13: I've got my fingers crossed for you! Here's hoping your BH slow down!

I have a feeling I may have another UTI. My only symptom from my UTI in my first trimester is occurring again but it's so barely a symptom I'm not sure what to do! Luckily I have an appointment today so I can ask my OB.

This baby is so much less active than my first pregnancy it's making me paranoid. Im also still so tired, I'm lucky my DH is so amazing. He's basically taken bath and bedtime over completely. And my late riser toddler is officially now an early riser. Even with daylight savings she's still waking up at 6! And she's not napping for longer than an hour everyday. The only consolation is that she goes to bed early (between 630-7) because she just naps so little.

Anyone started planning freezer meals yet? We have a much larger freezer this time around so I'm hoping to get a TON in there. I'm only 28 weeks so it's too early to be making any, but I've got a couple planned so far. I'd like to make meatloaf, chicken pot pie, and freeze some cookies. I also made one of those "cheesy chicken and rice skillets" recently and I think that would freeze well. But I'm not sure what else I should make! I've obviously got time but I'm wondering if you guys have any favorites?

5. Winnie13

kiwi / 501 posts

@winniebee: Yay for 24w!!! So exciting! Glad everything went well at the doctor!
    Thank you for that!! I really didn't think it was a lot either and my MFM didn't think it was concerning. That was 7w ago though. My cervix being soft and 1cm is a bit concerning though. I had so many contractions and cramps the next day. I will not let them mess with my cervix again unless they have to. I will say, I notice when I am more active and push myself more, the contractions get worse. Last night I had about 10 in an hour. Was a little concerned, but it tapered off. I did a lot yesterday. The limitations is hard for me. I'm such a "do"-er!
    @MrsF: Glad I'm not alone in the BH department. I'm going to talk to my MFM about it next week when I go in for measurements. They haven't been concerned, so I'm trying not to be overly concerned, but I will take it easy!
    @newlypregnantlady: Thank you!! I hope you don't have a UTI, they really are the worst! Would love some freezer meal suggestions too! That will be perfect for Hubby to pop into the crock pot!

6. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@Winnie13: I'm sorry for the less than great news! Hopefully you can avoid bedrest! Like @MrsF I have tons of BH everyday and I've had them for a while now. I had them a TON with DS, but I was never dilated, so maybe that's their concern more than the BH!

@newlypregnantlady: I won't be doing freezer meals. We don't have central air in our house, so the idea of baking freezer meals in the oven over the summer makes me want to die, haha! We do a ton of grilling in the summer avoid using our gas stove/oven and the meals are usually really easy (like brats, burgers, hot dogs, etc) and my husband does the grilling. We also like to grill up chicken and do big salads. I will probably make a batch of spaghetti sauce in May to last most of summer. I think dinners will be easier for us this time since we have a grill and the weather will be nicer than when my son was born. I think the blog Heather Drive had a post about the freezer meals she made with her kids and she had some great ideas!

7. Mrs.Hawk71

cherry / 172 posts

@bookwormmama: yes!! And I passed with flying colors. Whew!!

8. winniebee

@newlypregnantlady: I'll probably make a few things in May or early June. We grill a lot in the summer so I imagine that mostly we'll be doing that with pasta/potato salads and fruits and salads!

9. winniebee

@Winnie13: It is absolutely hard to slow down, but definitely listen to your body. 10 in an hour is a lot for sure! They can always measure your cervix via ultrasound rather than manually -- for me cervical checks always made me super crampy and gave more contractions!

10. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@Mrs.Hawk71: awesome! but too bad you had to take the 3 hour to find that out!

11. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

@bookwormmama: @winniebee: that's cool that you have a grill. We live in an apartment so no grill for us! The first time around I did a pretty even mix of oven and slow cooker. That worked out well so I'll probably do that again. I had a hard time standing and prepping meals my first time around so I tried to do as many precooked meals as possible.

One great thing about having a summer baby is all the great summer fruit. I'm really excited for melons to finally be in season.

@Mrs.Hawk71: I'm so glad you passed! I went straight to the three hour for my first pregnancy and my final reading was really low. I felt horrible but had actually brought food with me to the test so I could eat ASAP. It's a tough test.

12. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@newlypregnantlady: we lived in an apartment when my son was born, so I totally understand! If we had air conditioning I would probably make some, but turning our oven on in the summer is the WORST.

I am planning on working on our fridge and pantry so I can line up snacks that will be easy for my son to grab/easy for lunches. I think I'll get some new tupperware that I know he can open on his own. I need to be better about prepping fruits and thinks after we get home from grocery shopping!

13. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

@bookwormmama: that's a really good point about snacks for the older LOs. I could totally make some bran and veg muffins and freeze them. And thinking about that just reminded me that I have some mini popcicle molds that I used last summer. We don't have AC but we live in a fairly temperate area (San Francisco Bay Area) so summers aren't too crazy.

14. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@newlypregnantlady: we live in the Midwest and temps are generally in the 80s-low 90s, but it gets crazy humid, so it always ends up feeling 10 degrees hotter. Not to mention sticky and gross! We have an ac unit in our living room and bedroom, but they don't always cool the kitchen well, and the oven always makes the whole house hot. Plus, it feels like wasteful energy to have the two battling all the time!

I saw this Tasty video in my FB feed a while back and noticed the saved link today when I was looking for something else and thought it could be useful to people interested in freezer meal ideas. I'm thinking about doing it and grilling the chicken! https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1887841791468461&id=1614251518827491

15. msmilkshake

cherry / 146 posts

It has been a super long time since I posted, but I've been lurking and following along.
    @Winnie13 Sorry to hear about the pelvic rest. I hope everything slows down!
    I love all of these meal ideas.
    My mom finally finished chemo (YAY!) and while waiting for her next scan she's going to be able come out at the end of April when I have my shower. I had my 1 hr glucose test last week, but still haven't heard results which is odd/annoying. I had a growth scan today and everything looked good! It was crazy how much bigger he has gotten and my placenta has moved and is no longer marginal. So yay for that! Hope everyone is well.

16. Winnie13

kiwi / 501 posts

@msmilkshake: So glad everything looked so good! Awesome news about your mom!! So wonderful! So great to have her at your shower!! Hope you hear something soon! @Mrs.Hawk71: Yay!! So awesome!

17. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

Glad to hear that so far everyone's glucose results are good!
    @msmilkshake: I am THRILLED to hear the update re your mom and so glad she can make the shower! How exciting!
    @newlypregnantlady: I think I'll make fewer frozen meals than I did for my winter babies, but one thing I'm definitely doing is freezing a ton of burritos and muffins (to have with fruit) for one handed meals for me and the big siblings. I'll also freeze some pasta sauce and meatballs and probably a baked ziti and some taco meat. My big wish for Christmas was a fancy blender because I'm also planning to eat a lot of smoothies. I'm excited for birthday pool parties down the road, but I'm secretly dreading a newborn in the heat of Texas summer!
    @Winnie13: I hope you can avoid bed rest! Glad to hear the babies are looking well though, and you can add me to the crowd with lots of BH!
    @winniebee: Hooray for viability! And congrats on the cute social media announcement too!

18. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

@msmilkshake: Great news all around! So happy for you!

19. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

@rattles: burritos and smoothies are a really good idea! I honestly didn't even think of smoothies. Do you have any favorites?

@msmilkshake: yay for good news!

20. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@msmilkshake: So glad to hear that your mom is doing well and that she'll be able to come to your shower!

21. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

My heartburn has been TERRIBLE the past 2 weeks. Like constant burning in my throat (before it felt more like a lump of something in the back of my throat). My throat has felt on fire and sore/raw for over a week. I finally went out and bought some papaya extract/enzymes (I found a bottle at Target in the vitamin section) and I've been taking them for the past couple days. I eat about 2-3 every 2-3 hours and it seems to be helping! The burning is less severe and not as constant as it has been. So if your heartburn is bothering you pick some up! Bonus: they taste really good!

22. winniebee

@bookwormmama: glad that seems to help!

I passed my GD test, but am a little anemic. I'm supposed to eat more red meats and leafy greens. I feel like I already eat a ton of iron. Could explain why I'm so tired all the time!

23. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@bookwormmama: That's horrible I'm glad the papaya is helping!

@winniebee: Yay for passing the GD test!

24. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@winniebee: side note - I was just reading some of our Dec 2014 thread (mostly to see if I was feeling like such an old lady at 28 weeks last time) and your report was "I passed the GD test but I'm a little anemic". Sounds about right

25. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@winniebee: congrats on passing! It's such a relief! I was a somewhat anemic in my last pregnancy and they told me to eat more red meats/leafy greens or I was going to have to take iron supplements. I think I had to end up taking iron after my c section. My hemoglobin was one decimal point below the range they had listed in the lab report, but I guess my doctor didn't mind since she said it looked good.

26. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

Hey everyone! Looks like everyone has been keeping busy! I've been reading along but not posting lately!
    Haven't done my glucose test yet (which I'm pretty sure it's now late) but midwife said to just do it the week before I see her next so will do it next week.
    Just saw about anemia - I've been taking iron pills since 15ish weeks because of low iron, and have been bumped up to two iron tablets a day at my last appointment - I always drop iron levels during pregnancy and have even had to get iron injections in my other 2 pregnancies so I'm hoping to avoid that this time around!

29 weeks today! Had a talk with dh last night about how I'm starting to stress because we haven't done anything so we decided how we're going to make an effort in the next few weeks! Have also started buying some stuff for my hospital bag so starting to feel slightly better! Exhaustion has hit in a big way this past week so I'm assuming little man is going through a growth spurt!

27. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

And saved that picture last week since it made me think of this group!

28. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@MrsStar: haha that picture is great!

I haven't been sleeping well the past week. Really since DST, but that was more an issue of not being able to fall asleep for a long time. I'm waking up exhausted in the morning even though I'm getting up at the usual time. Now I'm waking up almost every 2 hours because either my hips are killing me or I have to pee or something. My DS has been sick for the past week (including his birthday on Friday) and was waking up a lot, but hasn't woken the past two nights, so I know my tiredness has to be more than his wake ups. I think my hips are sore from side sleeping, but I feel shortness of breath if I try to lay on my back. I've been proping myself up on pillows to lay on my back, but then I end up with a sore neck. I can't win!

My heartburn has gotten somewhat better with the papaya, but it's still miserable.

My newly turned 3 yo has been EXTREMELY difficult over the past couple weeks and feeling crappy has been making it so much more difficult to deal with. I've even contemplated scheduling a RCS because I've just been miserable the past couple weeks and it might be nice to have an end date in mind. I feel like all I do is complain about how terrible I feel, which makes me sad because I felt wonderful during my first pregnancy and I feel like I'm constantly comparing them and not really enjoying it this time around

In less complain-y news, sister had a baby boy (her first) on my son's birthday last week! The only two grandsons have the same birthday 3 years apart...it is kinda funny the way it worked out!

29. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

@bookwormmama: never feel bad about complaining, especially to this group!! Pregnancy is so so hard, especially with a lo at home already. Everything you are feeling is normal and there's no sugarcoating it--it just sucks right now. I moved on from papaya to Zantac and it was super helpful and I've only had to use it twice in 2 weeks. No shame in the real drugs! Exhaustion is real for sure but I feel like I've been reading on other due date boards there is some relief around week 32. With heartburn too. Here's hoping for you! I don't remember from my first. You deserve a prenatal massage, pedicure, ice cream, alone time, or whatever is restorative for you! Can dh help out to make that happen? Take care and hugs. Vent away if you need to!

30. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@Mrs. Pajamas: thanks! Being able to vent about it does help!

I'm already on two real meds...Prevacid and Zantac (one in the morning and one in the afternoons). I'm using the papaya throughout the day to help curb the burning. I have an appointment on Friday and I think I need to ask for something stronger because it doesn't seem to be helping much anymore!

I've read the thread about things getting better around 32 weeks and I'm hoping it happens with me! I tried drinking less water yesterday evening and I didn't need to get up to pee as much, but my toddler thought 3:45 was time to wake up...after my DH put him back down he woke back up at 4:45 and then like 5:15. I got him to go back to bed (thankfully! Or he'd be a huge mess today!) but then I struggled to fall back asleep! Ugh, haha!

31. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@bookwormmama: I'm not sleeping either! I have some insomnia all of a sudden, and the hip pain is definitely not helping! I'm glad you've found something to help with the heartburn, but I hope it goes away soon!

We moved my girls into a shared room a week and a half ago, and their sleep has been a giant mess since. I'm holding out on starting the nursery until we're sure they'll stick it out in one room because if they do, the nursery will be in DD2's old room and if not, I need to redo the guest room. I suddenly feel behind on it and am brainstorming nursery plans!

32. Winnie13

kiwi / 501 posts

@bookwormmama: I'm so sorry about the lack of sleep! That is just the worst! I haven't been sleeping well either. My upper back seems to be the issue. I have a lot of pain and toss and turn all night. I also get up several times in the night to pee. I feel like I'm on a catch 22. I have to drink tons of water to curb the BH, but then I don't sleep! Hoping your HB gets better soon and your doc can put you on something stronger!!

I failed my 1 hour glucose... by 2 points!! While I'm waiting the midwife said... most twins mom fail this, so don't be surprised if you do too.... Umm... then why even have me take the 1 hour! I take the 3 hour on Monday and praying I pass that one!!
    Babies looked good today. I'm 28+4 and Charlee is 2lb10oz and chubby William is 3lbs already!! My cervix was nice and long so I get to stop the meds for preterm labor. Still on pelvic rest though and I still have to take it easy! It was a great apt. though!
    Things are getting so real now! I'll be induced around 37-38w which is like 9 weeks!!! So crazy! Trying to get the nursery done and probably start to pack my bag for the hospital! Any must haves for the bag?

33. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@Winnie13: glad your appointment went well and f/x that the three hour test is no problem!

34. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@rattles: sorry to hear you aren't sleeping well either! The hip pain is bad! And I don't really remember having it with my son. I think I might be dealing with some insomnia as well. Someone mentioned that DST was the same night as a full moon, so maybe that could be affecting the sleep/insomnia. I hope your girls cooperate soon. My son is still in his crib and I've been thinking about switching it to a toddler bed, but bedtime is already such a struggle I'm not sure we are ready for the switch. We only have 2 bedrooms, so no nursery this time. I was actually think about nurseries last night and it made me a little sad I won't be putting one together this time!

@Winnie13: sorry to hear you didn't pass the 1 hour...hopefully the 3 hour goes ok. That's interesting about twin moms...did she say why they tend to fail the test more often?

35. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

I've just gotten caught up on everyone's updates! What a mixed bag. I've been a little MIA this week because my DH is gone all week and I've been soloing. It's exhausting! It doesn't help that I get really down in the dumps when DH is gone. I get a little depressed and just don't want to do anything! I've got all these projects to work on to keep myself occupied but I've just been watching a ton of tv at night. And I've been going to bed at like 8! But then have trouble getting to sleep and wake up several times a night.

Besides that I've been okay. Had a horrible weekend (didn't help that DH was gone), and I had terrible morning sickness and vomited all Saturday and Sunday.

My DD seems pretty insecure about DH being gone, too. It's so sad! She'll wander around the house looking for him when I say it's bathtime (he usually does bath and bed). And she's been nursing so much more than usual! She had been asking maybe once a day to nurse. Now it's like 3-4x per day! The snuggles are nice but the nipple pain is starting to wear on me.

Wow this is such a downer post. Really things are pretty okay, I'm just tired and can't wait for DH to get home! I'm getting really excited to meet our little squish.

36. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MrsStar: Congrats on 29 weeks! Things are definitely getting pretty serious

@bookwormmama: @rattles: @Winnie13: I'm sorry that you guys are having trouble sleeping too I'm falling asleep ok at night but then up every couple of hours to pee or just walk around the house with leg cramps (I forget if anyone else has managed having cramps yet but I've definitely had these with each pregnancy). Eventually one of these early AM wakeups just keeps me up all night. My DD was up coughing at about 4:30 this morning. She went back to sleep but of course I've been up ever since... Oh well. I've been going to sleep SO early because I'm usually up some time in the 4am hour.

Had a very good OB appointment on Tuesday. Everything looks good, switching over to every 2 week appointments for the next 3 weeks and then weekly after that. They let me book all of my routine appointments up to my due date which is super helpful for work and childcare - also makes things seem REALLY real

37. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Winnie13: Sorry about the glucose test Fingers crossed for the 3 hour! Great news otherwise though - so great to stop the preterm labor meds and have a little relief in that department.

@newlypregnantlady: Ugh - solo parenting is just so hard and exhausting. I hope your DH is home soon!

38. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@MrsF: that was a similar scene at our house he night before last. DS woke up at 3:45 thinking it was wake up time (ugh). My DH went in and put him back down, but I don't think he really went back down because I had to deal with him at 4:45 and 5:15 (my DH was getting ready for work and I was trying to keep DS in bed). I struggled to sleep from 3:45-5:45. Lots of tossing and turning! Luckily I was able to get another 1.5 hours though. I can't imagine starting my day at 4...I would be so cranky! I hope you don't continue to have that issue!

@newlypregnantlady: I have only solo parented once when DS was under a year old and it was so tough. I don't like being home alone at night either. Plus, the whole no break and being third trimester pregnant with vomitting would be so hard. I'm sorry! Hopefully you get a nice break when your DH gets home!

39. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@newlypregnantlady: Solo parenting is just so draining. Hang in there, mama!
    @bookwormmama: this is actually the first time we've had the option of a nursery! With DD1, we lived in a one bedroom city condo, and we were renting temporary housing (a 2 bedroom) when DD2 was born. We bought our house when she was a few months old.
    @MrsF: I'm glad your appointment went well! I'm at the stage where I'm going every week and scheduled them out too. It's so crazy! I can't believe we're already in the third tri!

40. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

I passed my glucose test! Now just nervous for my u/s on monday to see if my placenta has moved.

Baby's movements are insane lately!! They literally move me if you guys know what I mean...not emotionally, physically. I was reading back through emails from my first pregnancy and movement changed big time around this time too and I wondered what baby is actually doing all the time? What do you guys imagine is happening?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee