Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2017 moms!

1. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

Had an MFM appointment yesterday where baby's abdomen was measuring at 34 weeks but all other parts were only a week or two off. I'm somewhere between 29+4 and 30+5 based on the due dates they've given me in the past, and the head/arms/legs are all within a week of those. They said they think s/he's getting too much glucose and retaining fluid, and the doc said it was either GD or my diet that would cause it. My GD level was 79, so they're putting me on a 1600 calorie, low sugar/starch diet. I'm worried because I already eat well (the sample breakfasts were literally what I'd eaten the previous two days), and I'm definitely not eating any differently than I have with my prior pregnancies. I've only put on 19 lbs, which seems right on track! I'm worried that I'm supposed to get things back on track somehow without having a lot of room to make drastic changes, so I'm feeling both helpless and guilty. Baby is finally in position, but if the head/abdomen ratio doesn't improve, they'll schedule a c-section to avoid shoulder dystocia. On the upside, the baby's good kidney is still kicking and keeping my fluid levels normal, and I do love that we're getting lots of pictures of this little one!

@Mrs. Pajamas: congrats on the glucose test! Best I can tell from my scans, s/he's just training to swim the breast stroke in there without nearly enough room

2. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

I haven't posted our list in a while, so just for reference as we all hit the third tri...

June 2017 Mamas

June 3: Iced Tea (#2)
    June 4: NewlyPregnantLady (#2)
    June 6: GreeneB2 (#2) , rattles (#3)
    June 7: MrsStar (#3)
    June 10: Lilybean (#2), Winnie13 (#1 & 2)
    June 11: MsMilkshake (#1)
    June 12: MrsF (#3)
    June 13: BookwormMama (#2) , MissKriss19 (#3)
    June 15: Mrs.Hawk71 (#2)
    June 17: Tequiero21 (#4)
    June 18: Kitty (#2) , Mrs. Pajamas (#2)
    June 21: Mrs.Joy (#2), MrsT927 (#2)
    June 22: Tubbs (#1)
    June 23: combatlibby (#2), yogibeachwife (#1)
    June 24: Rae (#2)
    June 26: jape14 (#2) , JennyG (#3)
    June 30: Beatlesfan629 (#2)
    July 3: winniebee (#4)

3. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

@rattles: Thanks for updating the list! I love following the other due date boards who are in the middle of having babies and imagining our crew going through all that. It'll be here before we know it!

I'm sorry the latest rests are concerning. I totally get the instinct to blame yourself and feel helpless but please know that just doing that shows you are such a loving mama and this baby will be in such good hands! Your docs are monitoring things and you'll do your best for this one. I can understand being frustrated when there's not much you can do. Go with the suggestions on diet and hope for the best. That's all you can do and see how baby responds. Thank God we live in a place with such wonderful medical care and access to information. Rooting for you and know we are all here to support you so vent away!

4. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@Mrs. Pajamas: I do the same thing on the current month's boards, and I agree that it'll be June before we know it! Thanks for the kind words. I feel like I'm always complaining on here, but this pregnancy has been so stressful compared to my others! I'm just ready for baby to be here!

5. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@rattles: I'm sorry for the concerning ultrasound...so they don't think it's related to the kidney issue because your fluid levels look ok? I hope things can resolve with the diet. Maybe just some slight changes will make a difference over the next couple weeks. It all sounds really stressful though and I'm sorry you are dealing with it. Hopefully the next scan will be less stressful!

6. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@bookwormmama: fluid retention and swelling would be a sign of kidney failure, but apparently the whole baby would be swollen, not just one area. And I should be grateful because that would be much more serious! In more fun news, I think we've settled on names (earlier than either of my other pregnancies!) Did you stick with your original favorite?

7. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@rattles: Picking names is exciting news! I would say yes. I'm never 100% until they join us officially (I was like that with our son's name even though I had no other names chosen, haha!). I have one other that I like, but I don't think I like it as much as I once did. I would say I'm like 99% sure that's the name we are using.

My husband already calls her by the name (and did the same with our son). He doesn't use it as often as he did with DS because he doesn't want my mom to try to trick the name out of DS since she was obsessed with finding out DS's name prior to his birth. So DS doesn't "officially" know the name even though we've mentioned it to him a couple times. He doesn't seem that interested honestly! He says he's going to name her "Daddy" and "Baby" haha! Whenever my mom asks what he wants to name his baby he says "I don't know what I'm going to name her yet" and shrugs his shoulders. It's hilarious!

8. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@bookwormmama: for whatever reason, my two year old is INSISTENT that this baby will be called Toby. I have no idea why. My four year old votes Balloon. Suffice it to say we are going in a different direction...

9. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@rattles: he told me the other day he's going to name her his new (male) cousin's name. But he adds "Baby" in front like that's the whole name. I told him that wasn't an option for a couple reasons and he just said "yes, it's fine" 😂

10. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

@rattles: I'm sorry you're going through this! i hope the diet works out for you guys. Because I've already gained 35lbs, I started counting calories to try and maintain my weight. I lost 40lbs between my two pregnancies (I needed to lose 65 but I got pregnant so had to stop!), and I used MyFitnessPal and it helped me so much. It sounds like I'm bigger than you, though, because I'm at 1800. But I haven't gained in two weeks so that's a big relief. Anyways, just wanted to say that I'm counting calories too. and I started my first pregnancy at an obese body weight and went on a low-sugar, low-glycemic diet for various reasons. It wasn't easy but I learned that it was a really easy diet for me to maintain because there are so many options for sprouted breads, etc.

We've told my toddler the baby's name and I'll ask her "where's the baby?" And half the time she'll pat my belly and half the time she pats my boobs. So she's not totally getting it. I love the idea that the baby is named "balloon"! Adorable!

@Mrs. Pajamas: I always imagine my baby is rolling over and trying to make more room in my belly and is just like "EXCUSE me, I'm trying to grow in here!" And is just perturbed that she's getting squished!

This baby is giving me so much anxiety with her movements. All day I felt like I barely felt her, but every time I'd lay down I'd get good movement. It's so different from my first daughter, who basically used my bladder as a drum all day long.

11. msmilkshake

cherry / 146 posts

Catching up on everyone's updates.

@bookwormmama I think you (and all of you who are pregnant and parenting right now) are amazing! Vent without guilt!
    @winnie13 Bummer about the glucose test but yay for the rest of it!
    @rattles Sorry about the stressful new information, you are doing an amazing job and like Mrs. Pajamas said, thank God for modern medicine.

Glad I am not the only one who reads other boards who are in the middle of having babies. I cannot believe I'm 29 weeks. Started taking iron for mild anemia as well, other than that all else goes on as it has. We literally have something happening (mostly fun/exciting things, but still) every weekend from now through May 14th and I'm starting to get a little stressed about getting things done!

12. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@rattles: I'm sorry for more worry. We had the opposite problem with Ds2 -- skinny abdomen and normal other measurements. They wanted me to gain more and rest more but I was already doing those things. It's frustrating that so much of this is out of our control. Hang in there.

13. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

Just got back from my follow up u/s and my placenta moved so I'm all clear for vaginal delivery, no more pelvic rest, etc. Wahoo! We brought DD due to timing and she was really funny...mostly concerned that I was OK. "mommy put your shirt back on!" obviously I did not take my shirt off, but it was pushed up for the u/s tech. Everything looked great and baby was measuring almost 3 lbs. Such relief and nice to have an extra peek. DD proudly brought the u/s pics into preschool. Very sweet.

14. winniebee

@Mrs. Pajamas: good news!!

15. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@newlypregnantlady: it's nice to have someone to empathize with. I called my OB's office today to better understand what they'd like me to eat, and the nurse who called back just suggested I look into a paleo diet, which is fine but conflicts with the only few meal suggestions on the MFM's handout. If you have any resources you'd be willing to share, that'd be great!
    @Mrs. Pajamas: great news! Glad to hear all went well, and how sweet is your DD?!

16. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

@rattles: in terms of paleo I'd suggest nomnompaleo.com. But I'd ask if low-glycemic is okay, because I basically subsist off of legumes/beans, sprouted breads, and seeds (many of which are low-glycemic but not paleo). I think I may have also heard of this type of diet referred to as "slow-carb" as opposed to "low-carb", but I never read any books or anything. I usually think of it as low-glycemic because it's more about insulin than carbs vs protein. But idk if that's what your doctor wants. Personally I find bread 100% necessary for life so I'd ask if sprouted breads are okay, but that's just me!

I use MyFitnessPal on my phone to track my foods. I love it because it keeps me accountable and makes things super easy to track.

Skinnytaste.com includes calorie counts for her recipes but honestly for me it's all about weighing my food and eating at home. And trying to figure out how to include acceptable desserts into my calories!

I don't know if they've given you any macros to follow for your diet, but my favorite dessert was a chocolate and sea salt Kind bar with 1T of peanut butter slathered over top. The Kind bar has 16g carbs, 7g of fiber, 6g of protein, and 5g of sugar (for 200 calories). I loved it because it tasted indulgent because of the peanut butter and chocolate, but it was a good protein and fiber ratio for feeling like a dessert treat (with the peanut butter I buy it ended up being 10g of protein and 10g of fiber).

But you can also google "keto desserts" and those will be high protein/low carb and should include macros. Wow this got long!!

@Mrs. Pajamas: great news! And how adorable of your LO!

17. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@rattles: I'm sorry that your ultrasound wasn't more reassuring It sounds like you're doing absolutely everything that you can for this baby, but it's so hard and scary that we can't be more in control of these things. Your little one is getting great care but I'm sure you'll feel better once they are in your arms!

@newlypregnantlady: My 2yo always points to my boobs and thinks it's the baby. My belly feels enormous so I wonder what he thinks is in there!

@Mrs. Pajamas: Great news! You must be so relieved.

18. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

Ugh I've been pretty tired this week and ironically having trouble falling asleep at night. I'll be super tired, get into bed at a decent hour and then just toss and turn while baby karate kicks me until it's too late! Last night I ended up waking up and scrolling through names lists on my phone. DH and I are not excited about any names for either gender so far and it's kind of stressing me out! Any tips for getting to sleep? So annoying!

19. winniebee

@Mrs. Pajamas: That sucks. I take 1/2 unisom tablet 30 mins before bed and it definitely helps. We have no name either. We've known this baby is a boy for 15 weeks too, haha.

20. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Mrs. Pajamas: I've been taking a Benadryl a bit before bed many nights. I tend to wake up way too early in the morning (which is totally not my nature). At least the Benadryl helps me fall asleep quickly so I've gotten some rest before I'm up for the day.

21. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

Has anyone had discomfort that feels like menstrual cramps? I've had frequent BH contractions for months but today I also have a constant aching feeling very low in my pelvis like period cramps. I talked to the NP at my OB's office this morning and she thought it sounded like BH and just to rest, drink water and call them if I had bleeding or worsening symptoms. It hasn't gotten worse but I still feel kind of nervous about it. I'm 29 weeks.

22. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@MrsF: I haven't had any cramping, but my BH were out of control yesterday and I felt TERRIBLE. My belly was hard all day...lying down, drinking water, etc did not help. I can't describe how I felt, but just awful. Almost like sick/having a cold maybe? Run down, tired, sore, crabby. Today was better for me, so hopefully you start to feel better soon and doesn't cause any issues. I think my sister had crampy feelings around 30 weeks until she delivered and she didn't have any issues.

23. kitty

apricot / 315 posts

@MrsF: I've had that cramping but it went away once I was able to get some rest. I've definitely had more aches and pains this pregnancy.

I'm sitting down waiting for the last blood draw of my 2nd GTT. I'm at risk so also had to do it at 20 weeks. It's boring but at least LO is with his grandma so I can sit down for a couple of hours. It's so hard to catch a break lately!

24. winniebee

@MrsF: I have had that feeling when I am walking long distances or working out. It feels like more pressure down there and cramping, almost like I'm going to have to go to the bathroom. If it isn't better tomorrow I would go in. The caveat is that I really hate to do a cervical check before 36 weeks because I'm convinced they give me more contractions and cause me to dilate!

25. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@Mrs. Pajamas: I've taken a half a unisom here and there when the insomnia is bad. It definitely helps!
    @MrsF: I've had tons of BH contractions lately, but I wouldn't say they were period cramp-y. I'd call again tomorrow if you still feel nervous about it.

26. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

@MrsF: I started having what I call "lightening crotch" recently. It is painful! very sharp and sudden but goes away very quickly. I had it a lot with DD but at the very end of the 3rd tri, not this soon. I googled it and it is totally normal to have even in the 2nd tri. Maybe that's it? Menstrual-like cramps sound more like contractions and that's a bit concerning. Are they regular? I would check with your OB for sure.

27. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

Sorry I never thanked you ladies for the advice with that cramping I was having last week. Seems to be pretty much gone so that's a relief. My BH contractions are still frequent and a bit more uncomfortable than they used to be but nothing seems to be progressing so I'm happy.

How's everyone's weekend going?

28. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@MrsF: glad it hasnt progressed into anything!

It's Monday here, my weekend was ok, did my glucose test on Saturday morning finally, had to go home and have a big nap afterwards! Pulled the bassinet from storage - so strange seeing it set up again! Baby boy definitely feels head down and some of his movements hurt! Seeing my midwife this week so will hopefully find out his position and we if I'm not track measurement wise.
    Daylight savings ended here yesterday, so I feel completely thrown off schedule right now!
    How was your weekend?

29. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@MrsF: glad to hear things settled down! My BH have only been getting worse (longer periods and more uncomfortable), even with lots of water and rest. But not painful, so I guess there's not a lot to be done. The OB I saw last week told me some women just have some that are more intense and longer. Ugh.

@MrsStar: DST messed me up bad this time! I struggled for over a week to fall asleep at a reasonable time. I guess it was a full moon that night too, so that could have been part of the reason. Hopefully you adjust quicker than I did! I've been trying to figure out baby's position this week. I have a feeling she is sort of head down, but her movements feel so different compared to my son's. I'm wondering if maybe she's in another potion...she could be diagonal with her head in my right hip bone. I think the different movements could be related to my placenta too because it was a little low still at 25 weeks. She has been transverse at every ultrasound I've had. I have another one in 2 weeks to check placenta position, so we will see!

30. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@bookwormmama: yeah - I'm sure some people are just more prone to more BH. I've had tons with pregnancies #2 and now 3. I drink gallons of water (I can't get enough this pregnancy). So I always kind of laugh when they tell me that.

31. winniebee

@bookwormmama: @MrsF: I'm with you on the irritable uterus. It doesn't matter how much water I drink - and....resting? Hah! 2 kids, working, running a household. So, yeah, I get them all the time. I'm fairly confident I know when to be concerned, and I'm not concerned (yet!)

32. GreeneB2

cherry / 120 posts

Hey ladies, so these past few weeks have been crazy! We moved, I was away for a work conference for a week, and my 2 year old has had a hard time adjusting to everything so she's not sleeping. It's a lot for a 31 week pregnant lady!! I've been experiencing cramping--like period cramping off and on all day today. Not sure it's Braxton hicks or because I've been overdoing it. Next appointment isn't for another week. Normal? Just take it easy? Or should I call dr?

33. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@GreeneB2: I was always told if they feel like period cramps it would be regular contractions. Do they have a pattern? Do they go away if you drink water and sit down? If yes, you could probably call your OB/nurse line in the morning. If they don't I would probably call the emergency line and see what they want you to do.

34. GreeneB2

cherry / 120 posts

@bookwormmama: thanks! They're not really going away. Just a dull, achy period pain.

35. winniebee

@GreeneB2: I usually go by - whatever it is, if it doesn't go away with rest and water - then call. For contractions, my OB said to call if I get them every 6 mins for more than an hour.

36. GreeneB2

cherry / 120 posts

@winniebee: thanks! I woke up feeling better!

37. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@MrsF: @GreeneB2: glad to hear that you're both feeling better!

38. Iced Tea

persimmon / 1310 posts

I have a seriously irritable uterus also. It's not unusual to have 6-12 contractions in an hour. Or to have my uterus be continually hard for up to an hour if I'm being active. My biggest trigger is having ANYTHING in my bladder. We've checked several times, and it isn't causing dilation, so I pretty much just have to do my best to ignore it. Some various magnesium vitamin preparations were suggested, so I just started one. Hopefully it'll decrease the discomfort.

39. kitty

apricot / 315 posts

@Iced Tea: that's so many contractions! I am really affectes by having anything in my bladder too, but it causes discomfort and crampy feelings rather than lots of contractions.

Keeping up with my 19mo has been so tiring! He threw a toy through the vents in the gas fireplace the other night

40. winniebee

@Iced Tea: I was definitely like that later on in my last pregnancy. Constantly tight when on my feet! I'm only 27w so I'm hoping it doesn't get that bad this time!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee