Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2017 moms!

1. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

Had my 30 week visit today. Up 22 lbs....WTF?! I'm measuring on track but due to age and hx will have a growth scan at MFM in 2 weeks. Also, my OB will induce me at 39 weeks due to age (if I want...and I want to). If I don't have this baby before then, I'll be induced last week in June. So, I'll officially be a June mama

Sleep hell continues over here with the room sharing situation. I'm so, so tired. And so, so cranky!

2. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@winniebee: yay for a June baby! I've never heard of inducing based on maternal age, but it's nice for you that they will! 22lbs doesn't sound crazy to me! If everything isn't measuring fine, it sounds like you're doing everything right! Can't wait to hear how the growth scan goes in a couple of weeks. .

3. winniebee

@rattles: there are some schools of thought that day don't go over 40 weeks if you are 35. She said there likely won't be any real need to do it but she would be happy to induce me at 39 if I want and age would be the stated reason. Which I am totally on board with. I've been pregnant 48 weeks already in the last year and anxiety at the end of this will be creeping in on me.

4. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@winniebee: Glad that baby's measuring on track and that's a totally normal weight gain! I can see why you would opt for the induction at 39 weeks, particularly with your history. You must be so eager to have this baby in your arms!

If they offered to schedule me now for a 39w induction - I'd take it!

5. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@winniebee: I don't blame you one bit. I'd make the same call at this point! I'm secretly hoping to be a May mom, which of course probably means I'll go to 42! Also, fwiw, my girls' sleep is finally starting to improve at least somewhat. Fingers crossed the same happens soon for your guys.

6. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

It was a baby centered weekend around here. We finally switched the guest room furniture for nursery furniture, and I sorted through all my girls' clothes for whatever is neutral enough to pull. The decor stuff is starting to come in, so I'm hopeful to be able to pull it together in the next few weeks before I hit full term. My girlfriends also threw me a "you are my sunshine" themed sprinkle this weekend. I felt pretty uncomfortable about any sort of shower for a third kid, but they insisted and it ended up being really simple and sweet. Plus we got a ton of diapers! Anyone else have celebrations coming up?

7. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@rattles: awww cute and sweet! This is my fourth, so no showers or anything.

@winniebee: I'm up 18 pounds! 22 sounds very reasonable!

My csec date is officially set - June 12!! Eek!

8. Iced Tea

persimmon / 1310 posts

@winniebee: 22 is SO reasonable! I'm 34.5 weeks and up 34 pounds. I gained 37 last time (didn't gain in the last couple weeks) and appear on track to do exactly the same this time. Also, I gained this weight despite the hyperemesis! I think that's pretty strong evidence that pregnancy metabolism is largely out of our control!

9. Iced Tea

persimmon / 1310 posts

@rattles: My church is throwing the baby a book shower when I'm 38 weeks. I didn't feel a need for a full fledged shower for number 2, but it's nice to be doing something for this baby.

10. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

@winniebee: your weight does not seem out of the norm at all...I think I'm up to that, if not more at 32 weeks! I have a friend who is over 40 and they induced her on her due date due to age, but I've never heard of inductions between 35 and 40. However with your history, I'm glad you have the option to meet this little guy sooner rather than later!

We're hoping to have this baby share a room with my DD within a few months of birth--maybe we are being super optimistic but I just can't bear to give up our guest room and DD's room is so huge! So it's odd to not be decorating and getting everything together. The one thing I'm stressing about is a double stroller. We live in an urban super walkable neighborhood so I need something legit and my 2.5 yo definitely will need a real seat for a while so I don't think the sit and stand models will cut it. Anyone purchased one that they are excited about or moms of 2+ already have advice?

Thinking of going through the newborn clothes soon--woah!! I totally want a sprinkle just to celebrate but none is being planned that I know of and I'm kind of bummed. I might just say something to my mom but I really feel like time is running out and our weekends are booked up!

@tequiero21: how exciting you have a date set and it's so soon!

11. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@winniebee: I think 22 pounds sounds totally reasonable! And that's great about the induction! Do you have the date picked?

@rattles: so cute! I thought about doing that same theme for my sister's shower since she didn't tell people boy or girl. I think sprinkles are so great, every baby should be celebrated! Since we don't live by family and only have a small group of friends near us I don't think we will have any sort of party/shower/sprinkle. My extended family aren't really fans of second showers I guess, so it wouldn't make a lot of sense anyways! It makes me a little sad, but oh well!

@tequiero21: yay for a date! My son had told me multiple times that the baby will be born on June 8th and I will be 39w2d I believe, so I'm going to ask about that date for my RCS at my appointment next week. Ever since I decided to co the RCS route I've had that date in my mind! Hopefully it works out!

@Mrs. Pajamas: our LOs will share a room after a couple months as well. After hearing lots of positive stories of siblings sharing I'm hoping it will go ok! We only have 2 rooms so it's DS's room or ours and I'd like to have the space back after a while! A friend put her baby in with big bro at 4 months and she said it's gone well. I found a second seat for my B-Ready and I'm really happy with the set up. We've tried the floor model at BBB multiple times. My son won't need a seat for too much longer, but he actually really likes sitting in both seat options. I wanted a City Select, but the price didn't make a lot of sense for my son's age. I've heard that the Contours Elite (I'm pretty sure that's the name) is a great option. It's a lot like the City Select, but more than half the price! I also just bought a LÍLLÉbaby embossed since they are on sale and plan on wearing a lot more than I did with my son. I'm hopeful the design will make it easier for me to wear with my SI joint issues!

12. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@Mrs. Pajamas: we have the city select but we had twins so we really got good use out of it. I've heard city mini is great for urban areas....

@bookwormmama: I'll be 39w2d on my csec day!!! Hope u get your date! I love how u said every baby should be celebrated. If people wanted to throw me a shower, I'd be happy 😊 but no one offered

@Iced Tea: aww nice of church people... although 38 is cutting it close!

13. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@tequiero21: how exciting to have an actual birthday set!! I'll update it on the list.

@Iced Tea: a book shower will be lovely! It'll be nice for the baby to have something new for just him/her.

@Mrs. Pajamas: we have the City Select. I love it for its flexibility, but it's definitely somewhat cumbersome to fold and store compared to the City Mini we had for LO1. I think if I were still in a more urban environment, that would be a bigger hinderence or consideration. Still, it's been a great stroller for us, and I think we'll add a boogie board with #3.

@bookwormmama: I love that your oldest may get to pick his sibling's birthday! How special!

14. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

Hello!
    How is everyone?
    I've been mia (reading but not replying) and it seems this board is currently pretty slow moving!
    35 weeks tomorrow! Omg! Can't believe we're in the final stretch. Baby boy is crazy active and his head is so low down it hurts every time I move. Booked in to get an iron infusion on Friday since even though I'm taking a high dose of iron religiously my body just absorbing it so hopefully this infusion does the trick!

Update me ladies!

15. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@MrsStar: 33 weeks as of Saturday. Exactly 6 more weeks to go today. Can't wait for this baby to come out already. Although I'm not ready at all. Need to hire some help already. Ugh

16. kitty

apricot / 315 posts

@MrsStar: good luck with the infusion! Hooray for 35 weeks. I've been a bit mia too. 33 weeks now and counting down the weeks until my scheduled c section.

I'm considering having my tubes tied at the same time as the birth. Anyone else thinking forward to contraception yet?

17. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@kitty: have you got a date for your c section?

Dh Will be getting the snip when this baby is born! I don't do well on contraception so easier for him to have it done since this is our last baby. If I somehow end up with a c section I'll ask for my tubes to be done (if possible)

18. kitty

apricot / 315 posts

@MrsStar: 5 June
    I've just been googling tubal ligation and it's putting me off a bit! The other option was a vasectomy for DH so I guess I'll ask my OB about it and then we can go from there.

19. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@MrsStar: good luck with your transfusion! I'm 34 weeks tomorrow! I have my 34 week apointment tomorrow as well. I'm counting down the days until my ultrasound next Friday to see if the cyst they found has shrunk and figure out what is going on. I'm also glad I get to see my doctor and ask more questions tomorrow. I'm also going to try to schedule my RSC tomorrow, which means a little more than 5 weeks left! I've been crazy uncomfortable the past couple days. Terrible, terrible heartburn again and a really hard belly. It reminds me of the week that I think she flipped breech...I wonder if that is a sign she's trying to flip again? Or if it's just from her getting bigger. My son was head down at 32 weeks and never moved.

Does anyone else have experience with a baby flipping from breech to head down? Did it bother you a lot?

@kitty: we want at least one more after this, so nothing permanent. I had a Mirena after DS and I had no issues with it, so I'm thinking I'll go the same route. It was one of the few breastfeeding friendly hormone options and I didn't think I could trust myself with the mini pill. I wanted to prevent an oops as much as possible! And we knew we wanted a larger age gap. The worst part by far was the insertion, it was so painful!

20. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

Just catching up with everyone's updates! I've been MIA because my DD has been having the sleep regression from hell! Totally inconsolable at bedtime, up for hours during the night, plus napping is hit or miss, and she's waking up for the day very early. I'm exhausted and I'm still sporadically vomiting. I'm having mild heartburn that's making me nauseated but I've been hesitant to take a prescription because it's erratic. Sometimes it's the mornings, sometimes it's the evenings, and it's inconsistent with certain foods (I can eat something twice and the second time I'll get nauseated, but I was fine the first time!). So I'm at the end of my rope lately. I literally cried putting my daughter to bed last night because I was just so anxious about what new surprises that night would bring!

She's 21 months and definitely going through a huge cognitive leap right now. Every few days she's surprising me with something new she's learned (it's mostly in communication, even if it's not actual words). And she's having separation anxiety for the first time in her life (and this sleep regression has given her a huge mommy preference because I'm spending so many nights with her). And she's wanting to nurse SO much. We were down to 3-4x per week and before this regression hit I had been wanting to wean because I've got a fairly bad nursing aversion. But since it hit it's one of the only things that will calm her down! So I've just been gritting my teeth and trying to relax.

After about 10 days of this now I've got a plan about her sleep issues, which makes me feel a little better.

Phew, anyways! My doctor is going on vacation so I'm not getting an appointment until 37 weeks (currently 35). I'm antsy to do my last minute preparations for my LO! I just need to make some freezer meals and wash the baby clothes. Lately I'm so tired I'm having trouble motivating myself to do anything! I've got three birthday gifts I've got to make that I need to get in the mail.

Also, DH has decided he's going to his brother's graduation in a couple weeks. I'm a little nervous about it because I'm going to be 37 weeks and he's going to be 6 hours away! But I've had zero contractions so far and I'll have my sisters on alert (although they do live 2 hours away). And my first LO came right on time, so it's unlikely I'll be delivering early.

@kitty: I've been dreading thinking about birth control. I've never had a good reaction to HBC and while I do want to try Mirena, I'm super hesitant! But I conceived this baby on cycle day 22-25, (and I have normal 28-29 day cycles), so I'm really worried about an oops baby! I've talked to my OB and her recommendation is Mirena. I just have terrible experiences with BC. My husband likes to say the pill works by making me feel so awful I never have sex!

I hope everyone is doing okay. I'm going to bed!

21. winniebee

@kitty: I'm going to get a mirena at my 6 week follow up appt.....and my husband has agreed to the big V. I think we'll wait until the winter for him to do that. Once he is all clear, I'll get the mirena out.

22. Winnie13

kiwi / 501 posts

Hey Ladies!!
    Totally been MIA! It's been a crazy few weeks! I've been thinking of you all and it was so good reading and catching up on everyone!!
    I passed my 3 hour, so that was a big relief! Since that, I've had lots of contraction scares. I ended up at L&D and they gave me a shot to stop the contractions. They were not causing dilation so that was a big relief! The contractions persisted for the rest of the week. I went back in and my Dr. wanted me to get the steroid shots (at 32w), just in case. I was also told to stop working (I'm a Kindergarten teacher and very active). Not bed rest, but jut take it easy. So, Friday was my last day. I was hoping to make it to 36w, so only 2 weeks early. Not too bad!

Finally got the diagnosis of Irritable Uterus... which makes sense because even with rest and hydration I get tons and tons of contractions. Some hours I get 12, some I get 2, some I get none. I wake up with a rock hard tummy every single morning. I've read that this has been happening to some of you as well! It makes me feel better that I'm not alone!!
    Now that I'm 34w, I'll be getting weekly visits and cervical checks.

Last week I started to lose my mucus plug... as a FTM not too sure what to expect with that. It's been happening all week too. I also have this horrible sharp pain in my right side that won't go away. Going to the OB today, so hopefully I get some answers!
    The twins are doing great! at 32.4, baby b was 5lbs and baby A was 4lbs6oz! They projected a little over a 2lb gain each by 37w! Hoping in the next couple of weeks to get some answers about when I'll be delivering. I can't go passed 38w, so eviction date is May, 27th or earlier!! 25 more days!!!

@kitty: I will be getting a copper IUD and DH will be getting fixed sometime in the near future!

How is everyone else doing??

23. winniebee

@Winnie13: ahhh sorry for all of the scares! I also have an irritable uterus. When I'm on my feet I don't even count the contractions. I just pay attention when I'm sitting or resting. Sometimes it's 2 an hour, sometimes 4-5 and some hurt! I was diagnosed with preterm labor with my first and had meds to stop contractions and steroid shots and bed rest....with DS2 I just took it easy and tried to self monitor. Same goes for this time. I think I just have an irritable uterus as well. I'm only 31 weeks though so really will be on edge until 34 weeks! Hang in there!

24. Iced Tea

persimmon / 1310 posts

It's nice to hear these updates!

@bookwormmama: If I remember correctly, my first flipped from breech to head down at 34 weeks. I was about to schedule an ECV; there's one superstar ECV doctor nearby with great success rates and very low complication rates.

I'm 35.5 weeks, so I can birth at home starting a week and a half from now!! I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but I hired a midwife who can attend me at home and/or hospital. I feel good that she can monitor me at home in early labor and we can decide on delivering at home or hospital based on how smoothly things are going.

I've been going to PT and am actually feeling more comfortable right now than I have at any point in this pregnancy. Still have nausea, but I've had energy for nesting like crazy day after day!

25. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

@Winnie13: Yay so happy to hear from you...have been a little worried honestly. sounds like you have a good plan in place and the babies seem to be pretty big so even if they come soon they will be great! I'm glad you stopped work--that sounds like the best plan for sure. Twin pregnancies are no joke. You are a rockstar mama! I've read about people losing their mucus plug and not going into labor for many days so I wouldn't worry too much but obviously your OB will know more. I lost my mucus plug then went into labor the next morning, but that was just me.

I had the copper IUD between DD and this pregnancy and just as a warning to all those considering it, my periods were INSANELY HEAVY....like nothing I had ever experienced before and I hated it. I was seriously paranoid if I didn't get a chance to change my tampon every 2 hours which is totally unusual for me. I switched to the diva cup which has a much larger capacity and that helped but STILL. Ugh. Other than that though it was great.

26. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@Iced Tea: did you feel terrible when LO1 flipped from breech to head down? I felt AWFUL around 30 weeks and then I noticed a significant difference in movement and found out last week she was breech (in the exact position I thought she was). I'm not really convinced she has actually flipped again, but I'm feeling terrible again. Really bad heartburn, my belly has been SO uncomfortable, etc. It is very similar to how I felt four weeks ago. I haven't felt as many kicks, just lots of moving around, so it's hard to tell exactly how she is sitting. I'm not looking at an ECV (my previous CS and anterior placenta make me even more nervous...I don't know that I would have done one without those factors, but I have no interest in it with those added risks) but I'm curious if she's trying to move head down and that's what is making me feel so crappy!

27. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@Winnie13: wow that's a lot going on! It sounds like you are in great hands with your doctor and it's good news that your contractions aren't causing any issues, although I'm sure it's annoying to deal with! I hope you make it to your goal!

28. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

All is well here. I've got my weekly growth scan tomorrow, but at my last scan it looked like things were much closer to on track after my dietary changes. I'm still measuring ahead, but at least it's more proportional. An induction is still on the table for the end of the month, but we're just playing it by ear week by week. I would like a May baby but don't want to evict baby unnecessarily either. My SI stuff is still awful, and I think the lack of cushion is why this kiddo's movement feels extra sharp. But hey, it's only a few more weeks!

@kitty: how fun to have a date! I've updated it on the list. We don't have plans for contraception. We're open to a fourth down the road, and we've used NFP to space our kids so far.

@bookwormmama: I can't wait to hear the results of your scans on Friday. Hope you're hanging in there until then!

@newlypregnantlady: sleep deprivation is no joke! I hope your DD settles back into a routine soon!

@Winnie13: glad to hear you're well, and hopefully you'll be able to take it easy now! How exciting to know this is your month! Are you planning an induction or c-section?

@Iced Tea: I'm so glad you're getting a little relief!

29. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

I just got back from my 34 week appointment and found out my hospital isn't allowing visitors under 5 because we are in the middle of a measles outbreak. I'm really hoping it will be over by June and they lift it so DS can come see us in the hospital. I'll be so sad if he can't It has only spread in a specific group, so I'm hoping there won't be any new cases and the outbreak will be lifted in a week or two.

30. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@rattles: I asked for some clarification today and t sounds like they have diagnosed it as an ovarian cyst, which makes me feel better. They had sounded kinda vague at the MFM appointment, but it sounds like the bladder and kidneys looked normal, so that coupled with normal fluid levels makes them think it is not a cyst in those areas. I'm hoping we can get more details next week though! Or maybe it will be gone and I don't have to worry at all!

31. GreeneB2

cherry / 120 posts

Hi guys, have been mia too! Went to NYC this past weekend for one last trip before the baby came, and I think I overdid it. I had bad contractions when we were driving home, and then all day today I've been having contractions(some fairly painful) off and on all day. Called the doctor and they said it was Braxton hicks and not to worry, but I don't remember bh being painful! I'm only 35 weeks so baby needs to stay out for at least a couple more weeks!!

@winniebee: I'm also ama (I'm 36), and they were like, we'll totally induce you early if you want to!! And I was just like, um thanks?! So we'll see how it goes. I don't know if I can handle another month of cramps.

32. winniebee

@GreeneB2: ahhh baby needs to stay put! My BH can be painful at times too. My OB said they get stronger with each pregnancy - and she's been right so far!

33. GreeneB2

cherry / 120 posts

@winniebee: I didn't know that! I'm lying down with my maternity pillow while my husband made dinner, put our daughter to bed, and is now cleaning the kitchen. Since I didn't have to do any of those activities the cramps have subsided!

34. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@GreeneB2: glad you got some rest and things calmed down! Hopefully baby decides to stay out for a while longer!

I officially have my RCS scheduled for June 9th! My doctor wasn't available on the 8th. It is kinda weird to have the date set!

35. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

So I had a massive post typed up yesterday but apparently it didn't post and now I can't remember what any of it was about! Oops!

Baby boys movements are definitely hurting these days, and he seems to enjoy sticking his foot out my side!
    Had my midwife app the other day (definitely love that she visits me at home for them!) Did a vague birth plan (same as what I've had in the past) and talked about when to contact her when in labor - after 35 weeks (and 29 weeks of non stop vomiting) I think reality is finally setting in that there will be a BABY in just a few weeks.

Hubby and i I are having a rough spot atm so am hoping that improves super soon, feeling quite lonely in these final weeks - my last time being pregnant and I feel it would be nice for him to seem interested and involved. (He totally loves being a dad, don't get me wrong, I think my hormones are making everything worse then it needs to be) but I can't seem to change my thought processes atm.

36. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@MrsStar: sorry things are tough with your DH right now. It's such a stressful and exhausting time. At least it's the home stretch as far as the physical discomfort goes!

37. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

I had a 35/36 week appointment at the MFM today and guys, it went so well! After months of everyone panicking about premature delivery, I've finally made it to the point where it doesn't look like that will be the case, and the kidney issue is the only thing that remains. The MFM discharged me back to my OB for the remainder of the pregnancy and said that he's optimistic we may even avoid the NICU altogether! My dietary changes have paid off, and baby is measuring ahead but proportionally so. All the other organs look fine, and I got one last set of pictures to keep (the upside of so many ultrasounds for sure). The MFM signed off telling me that he looked forward to getting my birth announcement in a couple of weeks. It's getting both close and real!

38. winniebee

@rattles: fantastic news!!! You are on the homestretch!!!!

39. winniebee

@MrsStar: I'm sorry things at home are tough. Emotions are running high and parenting while pregnant is so difficult. It hasn't been sunshine and roses over here - we've both been stressed about different stuff and our toddlers sleep has sucked, making him (and us) so cranky!!

40. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

@MrsStar: I'm sorry you're going through a tough time. My husband decided about four or five months ago that he wanted to leave his teaching job and switch careers but with the baby on the way he's sticking it out for one more school year. He didn't want to be unemployed and lose healthcare right when this LO is due. So he's been super stressed and just totally anxious about work because he's pretty miserable. It has made me feel really weird about this pregnancy, even though it was 100% planned and wanted by both of us. He even wanted our LOs closer together if I was willing!

Because I'm a SAHM and absolutely love it, I feel pretty bad that he spends 60+ hours a week dealing with a job he no longer enjoys.

And adding a difficult pregnancy to a stressed husband and a toddler in a sleep regression has made me miserable the last couple of weeks. I'm so looking forward to summer and having a husband who isn't waking up at 4am from stress! Instead he'll be waking up from the baby! But at least it'll be to cuddle a cute baby and not coddle some teenager's parents!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee