Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2017 moms!

1. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@rattles: @rattles: @newlypregnantlady: thank you! It definitely helps to write it out. Just really not feeling like a priority but hopefully this bad spot will be over and done with sooner rather then later! Plus my bff who I would normally vent to is currently on the other side of the world for this year.

@rattles: that is amazing news! I am so happy for you!

@newlypregnantlady: ugh I totally understand! Dh isn't loving his job either - and I'm a SAHM so dealing with the kids all day and having him come home in an annoyed mood doesn't help! Glad summer break isn't too far away, will be be helping at night? Kinda jealous of you guys getting summer, its winter here and temperatures are starting to drop

2. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@MrsStar: I'm sorry to hear things have been rough. We've had a lot of stressors with the possibility of moving, job hunting, etc and it has stressed my DH out a lot. And our toddler is already a high energy/strong opinion kid, but hitting 3 has brought a whole new set of challenges and the past couple weeks haven't always been enjoyable at our house! I think parenting toddlers during a pregnancy makes everything seem harder. Neither of us focuses on the pregnancy as much as I would like to because we are just SO busy and parenting is so exhausting and can be super stressful. Hopefully things get better for you soon!

3. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@rattles: yay, that is great news! I was wondering how things were going with your MFM. I'm happy to hear things are moving in the right direction! Are there things post birth that will need to happen with baby's kidney(s)? Just monitoring?

4. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

@rattles yay great news! What a relief!
    @Mrs. Star I have also been frustrated by dh's lack of enthusiasm/involvement for this pregnancy but he is such a great dad and was an amazing labor partner for dd. I get it that it's easy for men to detach since they're not physically experiencing the pregnancy like we are. That's why we all need hb and our irl girlfriends so much! We're here for you and totally understand! Hugs.

5. msmilkshake

cherry / 146 posts

Hi Everyone! Add me to the list of people who've been MIA. Everything here is going well, I had my shower last weekend which was really fun and we got many nice things. I can't believe I'm at almost 35 weeks! I definitely do not feel ready yet, but slowly getting things in order. My due date is right before the end of the school year, and we're coming up on standardized testing so I feel like work has been extra exhausting lately, but I'm trying to keep my students motivated while also taking it easy myself.

I'm sorry things are extra stressful at the moment. It is so much harder being away from real-life girlfriends, and so nice to have extra support here. You are all rockstars! I can't believe it's May!

6. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

Does anyone have really tender spots on their belly that feel almost bruise-like? I have this awful spot near by belly button that feels like a constant bruise. Anytime baby moves or I shift, etc it's like sharp bruise pain. Standing really bothers it too. My son swung down on the playground last week and bumped the spot with his foot and it has been so much more painful since then. I almost cried when it happened! I remember this spot being really tender during my first pregnancy, but nothing like this! I brought it up to my doctor (before the playground incident) and she said it happens because things are stretched and you're being hit/stretched constantly.

7. kitty

apricot / 315 posts

@bookwormmama: I have a tender spot like that! It hasn't bothered me for a few weeks and I can't find it at the moment so hopefully it has gone away but it lasted a couple of months and sure enough DS would elbow it or whatever which really hurt.

8. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@kitty: it hadn't bothered me for a while, but I'm guessing DS irritated or bruised it further, so it's been bothering me way more than usual! My DS is a cuddler and is always elbowing my belly too, so that's not a fun addition to this pain! It makes it hard to get anything done because moving and bending, etc hurts!

9. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

Had my 32 week growth scan today. Baby looks good 30th percentile, so not too small at this point. His head to belly ratio is fine (those issues, which are indicative of a growth restriction, were detected with DS2 at 28 weeks). High risk doctors don't need to see me again!

10. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

@winniebee: wahoo! such great news! You must be thrilled to be finally free of the "high risk" label. Now time to relax (haha like you can with 2 boys at home right?) and wait for DS3!

11. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@bookwormmama: I missed your question re kidneys. They'll likely do an ultrasound and VGUC at the hospital and then refer to a pediatric urologist for follow up. Sometimes the (should have been kidney) mass shrinks and can just be monitored and left alone. Sometimes it becomes malignant or produces a hormone that causes high blood pressure, in which case they would surgically remove it, apparently around age 5. Hopefully the good kidney will be working perfectly and immediately at least, it will be a totally normal and boring L&D stay!

@winniebee: Eeek! I'm so happy for you! Hooray for a healthy mama and little one!

Had my 36 week appointment today. The good news is that from here on it should be a routine experience. The bad news is that baby shows no signs of coming early at all Because my second came so quickly, I'm on high alert and am supposed to go in once contractions are every 10 minutes. Nonstop BH around here, but so far nothing productive and no dilation.

12. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@winniebee: Woohoo!

Hey ladies! Dh and i seem to be in a better place at the moment thankfully! Just hope it continues!
    36 weeks today! Still don't feel anywhere near ready to have the baby here (except for the aches and pains/muscle cramps and lightening crotch!)
    How many have done/will be doing maternity photos? I have a photographer lined up but need to sort a day and time. I've enlisted dh to take some (hopefully this weekend) so I can edit them myself. I've never had them done with my other pregnancies and since this is our last I think they will be great to have.

13. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@winniebee: great news!

@rattles: that kinda sounds similar to how they will handle my baby's cyst if it doesn't resolve pre-birth. Ultrasounds and monitoring and if seems like it is starting to cause issues they will remove it. Glad to hear your appointments will be more routine now!

@MrsStar: good news! We did maternity with our first, so I don't really have plans to do them with this baby. But we will have a newborn/family session when baby comes! I'm excited for those because I LOVE DS's newborn photos. I'll be a little more prepared this time...I didn't really plan out our outfits or anything because I wasn't expecting to be in a lot of pictures! And we had just gotten home from the hospital the afternoon before and he had a weight check that morning so it was a little crazy!

14. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@bookwormmama: same photographer will do a newborn/family session - omg I haven't even thought of outfits! Guess I'd better get onto that

15. GreeneB2

cherry / 120 posts

Hi ladies! I have my 36 week ultrasound today so I hope all goes well! All the painful Braxton Hicks I was having last week have gone away, and this baby doesn't feel like she's budging anytime soon.
    I started looking at cute going home outfits, I don't even know where to start! We were lucky for our first because we were gifted a lot of newborn clothes, but that didn't happen this time around, and I don't want to send her home in her sister's hand me downs.
    I need cute going home outfit ideas!

16. winniebee

Gah, I'm so jealous of you all who are 36 weeks!!!! I already have so many contractions at 32 weeks and can't wait until I can stop paying attention to every little one and just be on the lookout for the big day!

17. winniebee

Had my 32 week visit with my OB today. Even though my growth scan at MFM was fine and my belly is measuring on track, she still wants growth scans every 2 weeks (due to my age and past hx of small babies). I think after yesterday's ultrasound, I finally believe this baby is healthy, so a little extra monitoring to make sure he gets here safely is OK.

18. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

Hi ladies! I'm another one who's been totally MIA - so sorry! Life has felt so busy and I've been pretty much (trying to be) sleeping every minute that my kids are, so even less time for anything else!

I'm 35 weeks and doing ok. I feel like this third pregnancy has been SO much harder on my body than the other two. My job is really active, my kids are really active and I just feel really beat up. My BP has started creeping up (pretty much exactly when I started having problems in my other pregnancies) but so far I'm still working and we're just keeping an eye on it with weekly OB visits and weekly NSTs. I had an OB appointment yesterday and she said "when you're in the 150s we'll take you out of work and when you're in the 160s we'll induce - keep your bag with you!". I hope to keep this baby on the inside a bit longer of course though... fingers crossed. She did an internal exam and said that the baby is super low and that I'm 2cm dilated and 50% effaced. She didn't really seem too surprised by that, but she was glad that if I do have to be induced soon it probably wouldn't be too difficult.

I came straight home and packed my bag (with the help of a 2yo and 4yo, of course) - things are starting to feel pretty real! And to add to that, my parents are leaving for a cruise tomorrow... we may be counting on our backup team here.

19. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@MrsF: oh man I haven't even thought about bag packing! I should probably work on that because I changed into my clothing as soon as I could last time. I need to find some leggings/yoga pants with a good, thick waist band. I liked a pair with a thick band the best post CS last time, but I think I got rid of them at some point. I hope your blood pressure stays lower and gives you/baby more time!

20. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

@MrsF: I've been thinking about packing my bag and putting the car seat in the car. I'm just procrastinating! My next appt is on Monday and I'll be 37+2! It seems crazy that it's like three weeks! I still need to wash some more baby clothes and make some more freezer meals.

A job offer unexpectedly came up for my DH in our ideal location and he's got an interview scheduled for Friday! It's giving me some intense anxiety! It's for a teaching position so we wouldn't have to move until late July or August but it's still stressing me out. I'm so torn about wanting him to get it because we really want to move locations but we'd have to break our lease and move with a newborn! Plus he'd be starting a new job while sleep deprived from a new baby. But I'm honestly getting way ahead of myself.

I also weaned my DD because I have a pretty bad nursing aversion. I'm wondering if the weaning has me kind of depressed. I've been feeling so crazy emotional and just really down in the last week. We were only nursing 1x per day and she wasn't getting much, so I can't imagine weaning changed my hormones that much? Im thinking I may need to talk to my Dr about it on monday because it's been such a strange mood shift and I just feel like I've been a crappy mom in the last week. Ironically while she was going through her sleep regression from hell I was super calm and felt fairly confident in my parenting.

DH is also going out of town this weekend for his brother's graduation and will be about 6 hours away! I honestly haven't had any labor signs and my DD came right at 40+1 so I'm not at a huge risk for delivering early. I'm just stressed about soloing. I've thought about asking him to take DD but I think a 6hr drive is just too much for her!

Anywyas! I'm hoping everyone is doing good. We're all getting close now!

21. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@bookwormmama: There are a few things - like comfy pants - that I can't bring myself to put in yet because I'm relying on them so much now! It's an ongoing project, I suppose

@newlypregnantlady: I was so good with the freezer meals when I was pregnant with #2, but this time I've hardly done anything. At least summer might make it easier in terms of just having DH grill something easy. We'll make it work! I can imagine that pregnancy hormones combined with weaning would be tough. I hope things even out soon!

22. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@GreeneB2: I found an outfit I really loved, but they didn't make it in NB. I ordered the 0-3 and it is HUGE. Like it measures longer than my kids did at birth, and it's supposed to be shorts!

@MrsF: I hope baby hangs in there until your parents get back! But I also kind of hope you get to go a bit early. This third pregnancy stuff is for the birds!

@bookwormmama: @MrsF: I tried to pack my bag last weekend but couldn't bring myself to sacrifice a comfy pair of leggings or pjs yet. Mostly I packed my toiletries, the baby's stuff, and a list of stuff for me/DH to grab if itwas suddenly time to go.

@newlypregnantlady: sorry about the weaning/hormones! You've got a lot of stress on your plate right now, so it sounds entirely reasonable to me! Fingers crossed that things work out well with regards to your DH's interview!

23. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

I had my follow up ultrasound to look at the cyst in my baby's pelvic region. The cyst hasn't really changed in size, but the good news is the bladder, kidneys, and fluid levels all look great. They are strongly convinced it is an ovarian cyst and will likely shrink after birth. We will need to have monitoring done on it a few weeks after she is born. Ovarian cysts happen a lot with female babies because there are so many female hormones going on in pregnancy (the baby's, mom's, and the ones coming from the placenta).

Apparently though, she is measuring huge. They estimated 6lbs 14oz. My son was was 7lb 5oz at birth 😳 I have a feeling the measurements are off though. She had a hard time getting great pictures of her to measure due to size and said that things get a lot less accurate at this stage. She did flip (mostly) head down, but I think I'm going to stick with the RCS since I had made peace with the decision. We will see if I make it to my CS date though! If she really issue measuring that far ahead she might show up even earlier!

The measles outbreak is still pretty bad in my area. I need to get my son the second MMR dose this week because the health department/our ped office is recommending it in our area. I'm not sure DS will be able to come to the hospital to see us and it breaks my heart He keeps asking about visiting the hospital...so his interest makes it harder to tell him he might not get to.

24. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

@bookwormmama: great news about the ultrasound! I'm starting to get pretty nervous about having two! It's kind of freaking me out thinking that I'll have two kids in three weeks! I'm starting to get really worried about how my daughter is going to handle having a sibling. I talk to her about the baby but I'm sure she has no idea what I'm talking about.

Mine will be 22 months apart and with the weaning my DD has been a lot more clingy. She wants me to hold her all the time and she wants me to snuggle with her! She's never been a snuggly kid, ever! She honestly never has really had separation anxiety either, so it's just been so weird. She's also going through a big mommy preference (which I think is mostly related to DH working a lot of late nights, so there are literally days she doesn't even see her father!).

But things are getting exciting. I washed the crib sheets and the baby blanket I made for my LO. Next week I'll wash the baby clothes and hopefully pick up a small pack of newborn diapers.

Anyone have any special Mother's Day plans? I'll be soloing so I don't, and I totally blanked on mailing my own mother a card so I'll just call her. Mother's Day is such a weird holiday for me personally because I have a very contentious relationship with my mother, so growing up it was always one of the most dreaded days of the year. Now that I'm a mother it's hard to shift that anxiety, lol!

I called my insurance (Kaiser) and apparently you can only get a breast pump AFTER the baby is born. That seems so bizarre! The last thing I want to do while recovering from childbirth is call my insurance company! They also said I can rent a hospital grade pump from the hospital but "only if medically necessary". What does that even mean? Is feeding my kid not a medical necessity?

I'm so excited to meet this baby! I keep having dreams of having a newborn and even though three weeks sounds so soon, I just want her here!

25. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@bookwormmama: that's a solid update! I'm so glad all the vital organs are looking good, and I'll continue hoping the cyst resolves itself quickly post birth! Have you set the date for your RCS yet? I'll put it on the list if so! The measles stuff is so scary! I'm sorry about DS not getting to visit. That really stinks.

@newlypregnantlady: I hope the shift to two is much smoother than you anticipate! My first two are 23 months apart, and honestly, it was a much easier transition for me than when I went from 0 to 1. You'll do great! I just ordered my pump a week or two ago, and it already arrived! I had to buy my own with DD1 (born the month before ACA kicked in), so I was pumped to get one "free."

26. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@rattles: Yes, I did! It's June 9th! Although my husband is convinced I'm not going to make it to that date. I'm trying not to get my hopes up though Thanks for the helpful words and thoughts. We are still worried in a lot of ways but very thankful her vital organs seem to be healthy!

I'm really frustrated and upset about the measles thing. And it all goes back to the scientist that faked the autism study...he has visited and spoken to the group that the outbreak started in and convinced them to stop vaccinating (according to the WSJ article I read). It is more than DS not visiting...now I'll have to take my unvaccinated baby to the doctor's office for well visits and check ups during this outbreak. And I have to get DS's second dose a year ahead of schedule right before she comes, which makes me a little nervous. I trust vaccines and the science, but I know there's a schedule for a reason, too. Just all around terrifying!

27. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@bookwormmama: I totally understand that worry. The unknown is scary, and it stinks to have any extra uncertainty as you head into the usual unknowns of labor. I'm glad you have an end date in sight though!

28. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

June 2017 Mamas

May 27: Winnie13 (#1 & 2) (38 week induction)
    June 3: Iced Tea (#2)
    June 4: NewlyPregnantLady (#2)
    June 5: Kitty (#2) (scheduled c-section)
    June 6: GreeneB2 (#2) :girl:, rattles (#3)
    June 7: MrsStar (#3)
    June 9: BookwormMama (#2) (scheduled c-section)
    June 10: Lilybean (#2)
    June 11: MsMilkshake (#1)
    June 12: MrsF (#3) , Tequiero21 (#4) (scheduled c-section)
    June 13: MissKriss19 (#3)
    June 15: Mrs.Hawk71 (#2)
    June 18: Mrs. Pajamas (#2)
    June 21: Mrs.Joy (#2), MrsT927 (#2)
    June 22: Tubbs (#1)
    June 23: combatlibby (#2), yogibeachwife (#1)
    June 24: Rae (#2)
    June 26: jape14 (#2) :girl:, JennyG (#3)
    June 30: Beatlesfan629 (#2)
    July 3: winniebee (#4) (June induction at 39 wks)

29. Iced Tea

persimmon / 1310 posts

I'm wondering if I could be the first on our thread to deliver. Something changed, big time, yesterday. It seems my pelvis is opening up and the baby dropped; I have so much pressure now and can barely even get pee out! I had some unusually intense Braxton Hicks last night. Looks like I'm getting ready!

30. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

@Iced Tea: wow! Exciting! Idk about you but I'd be thrilled for things to be moving along! I'm sending you positive labor vibes for however you want to progress!

The person who is watching our DD for labor isn't available until next week and DH has a second interview scheduled next week too! Hopefully I won't be going into labor before or while he's gone.

I have an ultrasound scheduled for this afternoon. Although I've had no contractions so far and I'm fairly certain baby is head down. I'm seriously so tired of this heart burn! I feel like all I eat is peanut butter toast.

@bookwormmama: we had a major outbreak in my area when I was pregnant with DD1 and I was super freaked out the whole time. And my husband works at a school that has/had one of the worst vaccination rates in the area. I was super frank about never bringing my baby to his school until she'd had several rounds of shots. It's so hard to have to worry about something that shouldn't even be a problem when you have so many things you already need to watch out for!

31. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@Iced Tea: exciting! Although I'm sure the pain and other uncomfortableness isn't all that exciting. Hopefully you don't have to deal with it for very long!

@newlypregnantlady: this was not something even on my radar! So many other things to think about and I'm pretty pissed that the anti-vax movement has caused this to become a concern once again. I think it's even more frustrating knowing we made sure to protect our son and add to the protection of our community, but we can't do anything for this baby because she will be too young!

32. winniebee

Just scheduled a pre-natal massage for Monday. Hallelujah!

I'm getting to the point of having way too many contractions for my OB's liking, but it's mostly just bad at night and then settles down while I'm sleeping and it's better the next morning. Can't wait for another few weeks when I can stop obsessing over contractions and instead can just be on labor lookout!

33. GreeneB2

cherry / 120 posts

@Iced Tea: Oh my goodness, how exciting! Keep us posted!

34. msmilkshake

cherry / 146 posts

@Iced Tea How exciting! Keep us posted!
    @BookWormMama It really is so frustrating! I'm going to be taking the baby to my SIL's wedding this summer (DH is officiating) and one of the other bridesmaids didn't vaccinate her kids! Trying to negotiate the whole thing is ridiculous.

I had my 36 week appointment yesterday and the baby is finally head down! So that was exciting. Don't think he'll be making an entrance any time soon though. Just trying to get through standardized testing so I can sit down some at work! Hope everyone else is feeling ok!

35. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

Hi ladies!

@rattles: thank you for the list!
    I'm actually surprised there haven't been any early June babies yet! On another birth month group I'm on at least half the babies have been born now!
    37 weeks today! Finally got the carseat base installed and the other carseats moves around, hospital bag is pretty much done (I hope!) So this little guy is welcome to make his entrance whenever he's ready now! After picking up my girl from kindy yesterday I reached the point of being 'done' with being pregnant, but, this is our last pregnancy so trying to make the most of these past few weeks.

36. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

Those are on your 2+ pregnancy: How are your older LOs acting? DS has been a nightmare the past couple weeks at night when my DH gets home. He has been super difficult and his listening has been terrible. He's already a handful when not being difficult, so the past week especially has been awful. I'm wondering if it's baby related, but we've had a couple other changes happen as well. My DH started a second job that is supposed to be a one night a weekend thing to help out a friend's friend/earn a little extra income. He has been working both weekend nights recently because they need the extra help. I can't tell if DS is acting out because DH hasn't been home as much, or if he senses the big change coming and it has stressed him out and he's acting out because of that. I guess I'm wondering if other people's kids are struggling right now or if it's more related to my DH's work schedule.

37. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@msmilkshake: my DH is a scientist, so we both get ragey when we read about the anti-vax movement and some of the reasons people use, but now knowing it will personally affect us/our family/our daughter, it makes me even more angry. Ugh, it is so frustraiting!

38. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

I'm also surprised there haven't been any early arrivals but also glad the babies are safe and cooking where they should be.
    @bookwormmama: sorry ds is being a pain. I'm sure he senses change coming and dh's schedule is also throwing him off. Hugs...it's probably a phase.

@MrsStar: dh and I were just talking about carseat configuration. Should we put the baby's carseat on the sidewalk side for safety? Dd's carseat is currently there but I guess she could climb under baby's seat and out the sidewalk side if we move her seat to street side?

My appt today confirmed baby is head down which is great. I'm irritated that they want to do twice a week nst starting in 2 weeks, though. Ugh.she said 20 min of fetal heart rate monitoring plus fluid check just because this is an ivf pregnancy. Otherwise I'm perfectly healthy. Wondering if I should push back?

39. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

@bookwormmama: my DD is 21 months and has just been awful! For the first time since being a SAHM I'm starting to get very frustrated that I don't have a car. I think it would help if we could get out a little more. We go to the park once a day but I think she's getting bored of our regular routine. She's not very verbal and I think that's starting to frustrate her.

@Mrs. Pajamas: my OB is basically the opposite! I won't even see her again until 39 weeks. I asked if that's normal practice and she just said because I'm not having any issues (no cramping, bleeding, contractions), that she's not worried about me. Which is good I guess, I just feel like she doesn't care! She also will probably not be the one to deliver my LO so I'm feeling really bleh about the whole thing. We switched insurance because I'd heard Kaiser is a lot cheaper out of pocket (which, so far it has been), but I really miss my old OB! I hope you end up finding a good balance.

I'm also wondering about car seats. Right now we have the convertible in the center and I was thinking the bucket would be easier on the passenger side. Mostly because I can put DD1 in her seat, and then put the bucket in the base. My thinking is that if the convertible is on the side, I'd have to put DD1 in, then walk to the other side of the car to put DD2 in. But writing that out just now seems like I'm being crazy! I guess we'll see what fits better.

40. kitty

apricot / 315 posts

@newlypregnantlady: my DS is a few days shy of 21 months and the same! Not very verbal and needs to get out of the house often or he's totally unmanageable.

Ugh this week sucks. I'm so sick with a cold and I think I have a sinus infection because one side of my face really hurts. I can't seem to catch enough sleep because I can't breathe properly, and DH is away for work. I'm actually thankful that I don't finish work until this Friday because then at least the 3 days I work I can sit down and not manhandle a toddler all day 😪

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee