Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

20 Status Symbols Generation Y Girls Grew Up With

1. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

I only had 3- Nintendo (which was really my older brother's), a tv and a phone line that my sister and I shared until she moved out and it became mine to use. A lot of my friends had other stuff on the list that my parents never even entertained the thought of getting me.

2. T-Mom

honeydew / 7488 posts

I always thought I was never truly a Gen Xer since I'm toward the very late end of the period, but after reading this, I guess I really am Gen X. I had 2 of these items.

3. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

I had 11 of these brings back a lot of memories!!

4. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

I had ALL of those except for:
    Baby g watch
    pottery barn stuff
    My own phone line (though I did have my own phone)
    Tv in my room

Everything else I totally had at one point! So funny!!

5. KissMeCait

apricot / 280 posts

Geez, 14 out of 20. Apparently I was a predictable late 80's/90's kid. It'll be easier to list what I didn't have...

-Pottery barn furniture. I didn't even know that PB existed until maybe a decade ago.
    -Juicy track suits. I rocked velour tracksuits pretty regularly but they weren't JC.
    -Baby G watch. Never even heard of it.
    -Princess canopy bed.
    -Playmobil dollhouse. I did have Barbies dream house, though.
    -Hard candy nail polish. Wet 'n Wild was my jam.

6. googly-eyes

GOLD / pomelo / 5737 posts

As a kid I had 2, Nintendo and tv in own room! But I shared those (and for a little while a room) with my younger brother. I had a razr phone (silver) but I think I was already paying the bill by then I also have a Tiffany necklace but from DH in college hen we were already living together!

7. teamjse

nectarine / 2274 posts

12 yikes

8. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

HAHA, 12 of them. And I have that exact navy and pink Herve and used it this weekend... oops

9. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

PS... here I am (with my little sis) rocking a Kirsten dress when I was probably far too old to do so...

10. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@kjpugs: that is the most amazing thing I've ever seen.

I just realized how ridiculous my life is. I had almost all of those things. And man did I think I was cute in my Jersey housewife velour track suit. I even wore it to school like it was an appropriate outfit choice when not working out.

11. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

I had 5 of them.

12. Caly

nectarine / 2765 posts

I had 0. Perhaps I'm closer to Gen X. Either that or I was a total loser : P

13. Bao

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22276 posts

haha I only had about 3 or 4, an American girl doll, TV in my room, nintendo and one other thing maybe....

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee