Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

2019 Weight Loss Support Group

1. jennlin821

kiwi / 617 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: That fantastic! congrats on 29lbs and an unexpected loss this week

Good luck to everyone this weekend.... weekends are the hardest for me because I have no schedule and cabinets full of food....

2. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@jennlin821: I agree about the scale being arbitrary to a certain point! But I also know what a healthy number is and at 5'9", 200lbs isn't it lol

I struggle on weekends because happy house πŸ€ͺ

3. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@jennlin821: @Mrs.Sunshine: yeah, weekends are tough for me too. I just have such a set eating schedule during the week and that all goes out the window on the weekends.

4. Mrs. Sunshine

How are we doing this weekend ladies?

We went on a family hike yesterday with the kids (not advisable mid-day, in June. In Texas πŸ˜‚) & I was able to grab a 45 minute walk this morning. I finally broke and weighed myself and I am down 5 lbs since my doc visit last month! So progress is happening for sure.

We move into our new home on Friday so my goals this week are to workout 3 times and walk 4 times. We will see how that goes πŸ˜‚

5. Raspberry

kiwi / 598 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: All that cleaning and lifting will count!!

6. Mrs. Sunshine

@Raspberry: very very true. I might have to cut back the working out to twice because of both time and energy

7. Raspberry

kiwi / 598 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: We just moved a few months ago and it was physically exhausting. But I do remember how much junk we ate because it was quick and easy in the middle of busy days, so you might want to be better prepared than we were. Good luck!

8. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: congrats on the loss!

9. Mrs. Sunshine

@Raspberry: I'll try to be prepared but I have a feeling that's more difficult than it sounds lol we are currently living with family so it's not exactly an easy transfer!

10. Mrs. Sunshine

@JennyLayneAZ: thanks!

11. jennlin821

kiwi / 617 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: Congrats on the loss! I hope your goals this week are realistic! Either way good luck with moving.

12. jennlin821

kiwi / 617 posts

Another week! How is everyone feeling/doing?

Last week I missed 1 goal (only did one day of cardio); and did pretty well with saying no to snacks!

This weeks goals:
    Stick to planned/packed meals
    No work snacks
    3x Pure Barre
    3x Cardio
    I also weigh in/measure on Friday. (I do this on the first Friday of the month)

We are going on a short vacation at the end of June, so I am trying to be super strict with myself for the next 3.5 weeks. Here are my guidelines:
    Pure Barre 3x per work week - try to add weekend
    Cardio 3x per work week - try to add weekend
    No sugar (no added sugar, to the extent possible)
    No Bread/Pasta
    No Beer (wine & liquor in moderation)
    Vegan diet (except for egg whites & greek yogurt)

This is a bit extreme, and most of it is because my IBS & exzema have been flaring and I want to get that under control. I don't plan on being able to do this 100% (i.e. I will probably have sourdough toast on the weekends)

What are everyone's goals for this week?

13. jennlin821

kiwi / 617 posts

Yesterday, day 2 of my strict month I ate 2 candy bars.... oops

But I did eat everything else according to plan. So I'm chosing not to feel guilty and just go ahead with my life!

14. Mrs. Sunshine

@jennlin821: great attitude!! Staying on plan otherwise is still a HUGE win!

15. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@jennlin821: agree with @Mrs. Sunshine: !! At least you aren't letting it derail you! That's really tough to do!

I'm having a good week. I changed up my lunch salad a bit and so I'm not dreading my "boring" lunch anymore lol

16. Mrs. Sunshine

So we had so many errands to run etc that I've not walked or worked out since Sunday morning. So today I did a full body but instead of doing 2 circuits for 7 minutes each two times, I just did 2 circuits for 7 minutes each once. I ended up being able to complete the circuit through twice in the seven minutes!!

I definitely think my goals for this week were too lofty, especially since we're getting so much rain, not much opportunity for walking even. But even if today is all I get to I feel great!

17. KT326

pomegranate / 3438 posts

@jennlin821: that was me on Monday! I had an appointment after work, ended up grabbing fast food for dinner then ate a bag of m&m's.... it happens. The next day I did much better.

18. KT326

pomegranate / 3438 posts

So I've been doing three 30 day challenges, working my way up to 250 squats, 50 push ups and a 5 minute plank. Planks are no joke! I'm only on 45 seconds and I'm so sore! I've been trying to walk on my lunch, but I think we skipped spring and it went straight from raining to 90 degrees!

I definitely need to be more strict with my diet. For the last month I've been hovering around the same weight. During the week I do great, but the weekends are tough.

19. jennlin821

kiwi / 617 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: way to go! unrealistic goals are a fact of life, and being happy with what we did accomplish can be really hard. All or something!!

@KT326: I'm in awe of your 30 day challenges - I have no will power so your mental strength is so much greater than mine! Planks are ridiculous, especially after having kids. I really hope you can get to a 5min one!!
    and I agree that weekend are so hard with food. I've not yet found a good solution. I track during the work week on myfitnesspal, but the weekends are so varied and variable that I just can't do it!

20. jennlin821

kiwi / 617 posts

So I usually weight in/measure on the first Friday of the month. Here are my results:

May 3
    177- Weight
    31.5 -Waist
    44.5- Hips
    35.5 -Bust
    38.8 -Bellybutton

June 7
    169.4- Weight (-7.6lbs)
    30.5 -Waist (-1.0in)
    44.5- Hips (-0.5 in)
    35.5 -Bust (+1.0 in)
    37.5 -Bellybutton (-1.3in)

I'm very happy! Somehow I gained and inch in my bust. Not sure if my boobs grew, or if my back fat did. That the strangest one, because that number has been a constant for 12+ months!

I caved again last night and ate a chocolate bar. So I've been doing excellent with my eating goals, except for that insatable chocolate craving. Next week, i'm going to add cocoa powder to my smoothie or chocolate chips into my oatmeal - maybe this will keep the chocolate dragon at bay?

21. Mrs. Sunshine

@jennlin821: does your craving make you feel like you need a whole chocolate bar? I have a chocolate habit too but usually buy a bar of dark chocolate and challenge myself to make a single bar last the whole week or more. One to two squares in the evening usually do the trick.

22. Raspberry

kiwi / 598 posts

@jennlin821: Those are excellent, sustainable results! Congrats on having a successful month.

For me, I need to have the real thing to move on - small portions/substitutions don’t kill the craving for me and I end up consuming more. So I really think a chocolate bar after a great month is more than reasonable. I wish I had the discipline @Mrs. Sunshine: has with treats!

23. Mrs. Sunshine

@Raspberry: if I only bring one square to the couch, I probably won't get up to get more lol

24. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

Checking in - how's everyone feeling?

I have still struggled with maintaining momentum and not sliding back into old habits almost immediately after making progress. But I worked out last night for the first time since before I was pregnant so that feels like a major milestone for me.

I also took 'before' photos on Monday and oh holy hell those were a wakeup call. I feel like my body in my mind is not the same as the body in those photos which has contributed to my complacency.

The 4th of July holiday is upon us tomorrow. Does anyone have some good strategies for sticking with your plans? I'm going to try my best to avoid over-indulging and am going to make a nice big batch of grilled veggies to go along with the cookout spread we'll enjoy with our friends. And no beer!

25. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@lindseykaye: I have entirely fallen off the weight loss wagon. SO much in the works right now - IVF, buying a house, finally getting disability insurance... juggling so many not fun projects right now that I'm using as an excuse to not stick to my good eating habits and not exercise.... I need a good kick in the ass.

26. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@yellowbeach: Yup. I'm still there too. That post of mine was 7 weeks ago and I worked out exactly one more time and not again since.

I'm in this weird spot of really wanting to get back to "myself" physically and also feeling like I should instead get used to a new version of myself (this one) and learn to be happy and confident in this shape. What I'd really like is to do both but I don't really know how.

I look back on the last 6 months and want to kick myself for where I "could be" if I'd just stuck to my plans. And yet I'm still not motivated enough to make real, lasting changes.

Late-night snacking is still my supreme weakness. I really feel like if I could take control of it I would see progress from that change alone.

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee