Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2019 POAS - "Summer Lovin' Had Me A BLAST ..."

1. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Sams Mom: ah what a relief! Do you have a feeling big or girl?! I always knew

2. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Page 3 Update:

πŸŒžβ›±πŸΉπŸ•Ά August 2019 POAS πŸ•ΆπŸΉβ›±πŸŒž

26 July - CatchAFallingStar
    31 July - Paranundrum
    7 Aug - Yellowbeach
    11 Aug - JennyPenny
    12 Aug - JennyLayneAZ
    14 Aug - SweetCaroline
    " - BreakOutTheIceCream
    22 Aug - Mrs.Chickpea

TBD - Kaohinani,
    No POAS -
    Drop-In BFP -

πŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈ οΏΌπŸ“£πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ Amazing Cheerleaders:
    - Lazb
    - Sam's Mom
    - CrazyDogLady
    - PachaMama
    - BHBee
    - MrsJBEEG

3. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@Sams Mom: @Kaohinani: Yay! So glad for good news for both of you

4. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@JennyPenny: Thank you! Sam's Mom's news is far more exciting than mine; however, I am still excited at the very prospect that DH "may" arrive before Tuesday evening.

5. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Lazb: I believe I remember that you use(d) DHEA. My question for you (or any other bee who'd like to respond) is, "What effect, if any, did it have for you?" I was, originally, placed on CO-Q10 last year as my hormone levels were well-balanced but my RE said CO-Q10 may help aid in egg quality. He told me I did not need DHEA. Now, as I may be approaching an IUI and then IVF, I was instructed to begin a 25-mg DHEA supplement regimen for the same purpose as the CO-Q10. (I do not take them together and have not been on anticonvulsants.) Last year, the CO-Q10 made me very fatigued 😴 but jittery 🀯 ... it was the weirdest sensation: as though I couldn't catch up on my sleep enough for my sleep reserve yet I still had jitters. In any case, I quit it. Now, on the DHEA (which is an androgen), I find I am having TOO much energy πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ and my heart races πŸ’ž. The RE wanted me on them for at minimum 60 days before my IUI. When I called, his nurse said that as long as my blood pressure is stable (which it is) and I am not having vertigo-like feelings or perfuse sweating, I "should" be fine as DHEA is naturally manufactured by the body (* which I already knew). Anyway, I was wondering if you were similarly symptomatic on DHEA.
    Thank you in advance.

6. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Saw this posted in one of my Fb groups and had to share here 🀣

7. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: Hahahahahaha! πŸ˜‚
    Love it!

8. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: let’s try this again, I’ve tried responding to you 3 times! I’m sorry you’re having those side effects, that sounds not great. I didn’t have any noticeable side effects from dhea or CoQ10

9. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@yellowbeach: so true

10. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: Thank you for responding. I'm sorry it took you 3 tries though ... It must have been frustrating. 😠 Anyway, I am happy to hear you suffer no ill side effects from either CO-Q10 or DHEA. I'm thinking that my system just sensitive to vitamins and hormonal fluctuations. Thank you again.

11. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Kaohinani: I never had any issues with coq10 either πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ except that it’s expensive!!
    When will you find out hubby schedule for sure?

12. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

CD 8 .. You've got to be f@cking kidding me -
    😟😑🀬 I don't think I will be making it until DH gets home. πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ₯ΊπŸ˜­

13. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I won't find out until he boards the plane. Nothing is definitive until then. Plans can (and usually do) change last minute.
    Unfortunately, my OPK is nearly positive/positive so I don't think he will make it in time.

14. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Kaohinani: damn. I’ll cross my fingers for you! I find opk progression so variable honestly

15. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I'm hoping it is a false start and I surge but dont OV until later. I'll be checking my temps. I have NO CM so there is that.

16. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

yes I hope so too. I didn’t see the pic before I posted the last one - but if it is true hopefully it allows for a quicker start next cycle πŸ˜‘

17. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

I hope so as well, unfortunately, I have such a freakishly long LP (*16 - 18 days) that I doubt it will feel any shorter.

18. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani: hoping this is a slow rise on LH and that your peak won’t come for another day or two at least and the. Line up with your temps.

19. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: Yes, ma'am. I am, indeed, temping this cycle so I'm looking out for the rise and praying it doesn't happen until later in my cycle. An ovulation THIS early (without fertility meds) is no bueno anyway. Since DHEA is an androgen and can increase both testosterone and estrogen, do you think that could affect my ovulation? I mean when E2 gets to be a certain level LH surges, correct? So, hypothetically, the DHEA could have increased my E2 and signaled for a premature surge in LH.

Oh, also, have you received an update yet on how many eggies have been fertilized? If so, how many do you think you will implant this cycle?

20. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani: updated on the IvF board too but of the 15, 10 fertilized and are still growing. That’s actually a really good report as we’ve been losing 2/3 at that stage in past cycles this year.

My RE and I haven’t discussed that yet. I think we wanted to wait and not kinky anything and have me come up empty. Since these will be untested, I honestly have no idea how many he will recommend.

21. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: That is fantastic news. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜„ Seriously, πŸ€” I should just start checking the IVF board for updates. πŸ˜‚ I always feel weird popping on to "cycle stalk." Incidentally, since we don't have an IUI page on HB (and I am only being afforded ONE before IVF so there is no way I'd set one up), would you ladies be okay if next month I was on that board as well? ... I feel like with failed TIs and ICIs and an up-and-coming IUI, besides the POAS board, I don't fit anywhere. πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

22. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani: oh definitely- I think the common ground for the board is infertility anyway, and many on the board will have IUI experience to lend.

23. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: Thank you so much!

24. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

I am so confused. LH surge but no Mittelschmerz, no EWCM or WCM, and no "frisky" πŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™Š feelings. I really wonder πŸ€” if this is my actual OV surge or if it is a false start. (I hope it is a false surge.)

Has anyone else had this before?

25. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@yellowbeach: wow, that’s fantastic news! I’m keeping everything crossed they continue to grow normally!

@Kaohinani: not sure, but I’m in the opposite boat. My ovaries feel very unsubtle and I’ve got plenty of fertile CM but negative OPK. Maybe it’s a good sign because I’ve been having 3 days of positive OPKs before O since the D&C so maybe I’ll be back to just 1?

26. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@JennyPenny: Thanks for responding. 😁 So interesting how different women can have such dissimilar ovulatory situations during a cycle. Your body is returning to it's fertility homeostasis poat MC so I'd say you are probably correct in your assertion for your cycle. As for me, this is definitely something new outside of having an early ovulation. My BBT this morning has yet to reflect a rise but I did have some pink-tinged CF. I am chalking it up to the excision of the Endo and cyst. My new "new" may be what my cycle should have been years ago. Who knows? πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

27. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

UPDATE:

Day 2 of Positive OPKs - CD 9.

- 2 [brands of] OPKs, 1 "High" CBEAD
    - No real CF with exception of 1 bout of pink-tinged mucous on TP.
    - Not feeling overly "randy" atm
    - BBT is slightly lower than yesterday
    - very minor cramping... does not feel like normal Mittelschmerz (light cramping on 1 side)

REALLY hoping this is a long surge and will be OV-ing on the 31st.

28. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani: this one doesn’t quite look totally to me yet. And you took another FRER, right?

29. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: It is a freckle darker than yesterday's but not by much.
    I took a Smilereader, an Easy@Home, (both at 1230) and CBEAD this morning (at 0500).
    I had taken an HPT on 15 DPO (negative) when I began to spot and on CD2 of this cycle because I was having crazy huge clots ... it was also negative. If it were a MC, I would have had atleast a faint BFP, so I believe it was residual tissue from surgery on June 20th.
    I am hoping it is an extended surge. If it is, it could mean my E2 is higher than usual and affecting my LH (which could also mean that multiple follicles are gearing up to ovulate naturally). In any case, I am hoping DH arrives home in time to catch the surge and OV.

30. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Still going ....

Smilereader is a bit lighter while Easy@Home became darker ... Weird.
    Starting to wonder if my LH is running high because I may have DOR. #thinkingTOOmuch

31. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@Kaohinani: I’ve got my fingers crossed for you that this is just a slow rise and not a sign of anything else, but how annoying that different brands are saying different things!!

32. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@JennyPenny:
    I did a bit of research and I believe Smilereader OPK tests are 25 MIU and Easy@Home are 20 MIU which would explain the difference between the 2 OPKs. The extended surge, however, confuses me. It could be:
    (1) A long surge. πŸ‘πŸ˜
    (2) I caught the start of the surge and the tail end before it begins it's decline. πŸ€”
    (3) Since I do not have PCOS or Hashimoto's, my increased LH could be due to DOR (which would explain the steep decrease in my AMH over the last 6 mos). πŸ₯šπŸ˜­
    (4) My DHEA is increasing both my T4 and E2 levels which is affecting my LH levels and synthesis. πŸ’Š
    (5) I will be ovulating more than 2 ova. πŸ₯šπŸ₯š+
    OR
    (6) My body is plain old screwed up. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚

Thank you, I can use as many fingers and toes crossed as humanly possible. πŸ™

33. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

You guys DH got home from work tonight, sat me down and gave a 3 min lead in about how proud he is about the commitment and sacrifices I’ve made in trying to grow our family. All the shots, appointments, ultrasounds, waiting... and then he gave me this.

34. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: awwww 😍😍 😍

35. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@yellowbeach: That's incredibly sweet!

36. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@yellowbeach: oh that is the sweetest thing I have ever seen πŸ’• how lovely

37. MoonMoon

pomegranate / 3392 posts

Hi everyone!

I don't know if anyone remembers me, I used to post here frequently in about 2013-2014 after having my first... Then life got in the way. Baby grew up and I went to nursing school. I knew I wanted another baby very badly, but it took time for everything to come together and feeling ready to ttc again.

The only issue is I just turned 40 so there's a lot of anxiety about getting pregnant and being able to carry a baby this time around (I was 34 when my DS was born). I also work nights and DH has been traveling a lot this summer so finding a time to try had been a challenge! I have a good feeling about August though, so I'll join in her if that's OK!

β€’ Cycle Day: 16
    β€’ TTC Cycle (or months TTC): 5
    β€’ Ovulation Date: just got a positive opk today so July 29? 30?
    β€’ POAS Date: 8/12? (my cycle lengths haven't been 100% consistent since going off the pill in January)
    β€’ Baby #: 2

BONUS, For Fun:
    (1) Is there anything exciting you'd like to share? Just finished my first year as a nurse - crazy.

(2) Do you have any exciting plans for the last month of summer: DH finishes camp in 2 weeks, then off to Superior for a week to meet family (il have to take my pregnancy tests with me! Eek!) and 15th wedding anniversary in September.

(3) Are you trying anything "different" this TTC cycle?
    Not really, just using OPKs and praying our schedules match up...

38. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: That is so unbelievably sweet. πŸ’“ He is a keeper!
    Side note - That is a pretty pin. It does remind me of the badge clips I purchased for the people (2 Drs. & 14 staff) at the fertility clinic, although the badge clips are more "cute" and your pin is beautiful.

39. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MoonMoon: Welcome back, MoonMoon! It is great to have you. I had my DS when I was 34 as well (and I will be 40 in February) so I do understand your concerns. A number of us on the board are of AMA. I will add you to our POAS roster. Good luck this cycle.

40. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

πŸŒžβ›±πŸΉπŸ•Ά August 2019 POAS πŸ•ΆπŸΉβ›±πŸŒž

26 July - CatchAFallingStar -
    31 July - Paranundrum
    7 Aug - Yellowbeach
    11 Aug - JennyPenny
    12 Aug - JennyLayneAZ
    12 Aug - MoonMoon
    14 Aug - SweetCaroline
    14 Aug - BreakOutTheIceCream
    22 Aug - Mrs.Chickpea