Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2019 POAS - "Summer Lovin' Had Me A BLAST ..."

1. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Paranundrum: Are you still on vacation? Lucky duck πŸ¦†! How are you holding up?

2. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Page 4 Update:

πŸŒžβ›±πŸΉπŸ•Ά August 2019 POAS πŸ•ΆπŸΉβ›±πŸŒž

26 July - CatchAFallingStar -
    31 July - Paranundrum
    7 Aug - Yellowbeach
    11 Aug - JennyPenny
    12 Aug - JennyLayneAZ
    12 Aug - MoonMoon
    14 Aug - SweetCaroline
    14 Aug - BreakOutTheIceCream
    22 Aug - Mrs.Chickpea

TBD - Kaohinani,
    No POAS -
    Drop-In BFP -

πŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈ οΏΌπŸ“£πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ Amazing Cheerleaders:
    - Lazb
    - Sam's Mom
    - CrazyDogLady
    - PachaMama
    - BHBee
    - MrsJBEEG

3. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

My BBT, this morning for your perusal:

Still have yet to OV. I ran out of CBEAD OPKs, but will be testing this afternoon with my 2 regular OPKs. Still hoping, wishing, and praying that I don't OV until after DH returns (* they switched his flight back to tomorrow, in the morning )

I did find a study on DHEA (as an androgen stimulant for testosterone, estrogen, and LH in rodents) and the effects it has on follicles. It, potentially, does raise AMH and LH levels while stimulating antral follies. (It also includes human data on women with PCOS, DOR, and those with undetermined fertility issues.)

4. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@MoonMoon: Welcome back! As @Kaohinani said, many of us here are AMA. πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ I’m 41 and doing IVF and also have one daughter who is now 2.5. I’m also in healthcare, so we have a lot on common πŸ™‚

5. MoonMoon

pomegranate / 3392 posts

@Kaohinani: it's so nice to connect with other AMA moms on here! Excited to follow along! I really hope you're schedule works out this month, it must be so hard trying to balance life, travel for work, and ttc.

@yellowbeach: thank you and good luck on your ttc journey as well! Very cool to meet a fellow Healthcare field mom... I wonder how a potential baby will work with the insane pace of this job!

6. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Abbreviated update for inquiring minds... at Day 3, all 10 of our little embryos are still growing and still in the game!
    If you want more details, check out my post on the IVF board: https://boards.hellobee.com/topic/ivf-thread-4/page/54

7. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: That is SPECTACULAR! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ€ž I have such a good feeling about this cycle [for you]!

8. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Anyone who checks in on the July POAS board, it [for some reason] stops on Page 13. In order to view page 14:
    https://boards.hellobee.com/topic/july-2019-poas/page/14#post-2892673

9. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@yellowbeach: !!! fantastic

10. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@yellowbeach: Yay! That's fantastic!!

11. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

I've been taking OPKs every other day (because that's more laid back right?) and today is positive. I'm glad that means my O is on track for normal after the CP. But I haven't decided if that means I should go ahead and DTD tonight when I hadn't planned to. I don't think I'm doing this "taking it easy" thing well at all....

12. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@JennyPenny: πŸ€” You aren't the only one [not "taking it easy" well]! πŸ˜‰πŸ€£ I'm spazzing out over elevated LH levels and if DH and I will get to DTD at a good time this cycle. πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

13. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

I'm out this month. It appears I may have ovulated yesterday. DH doesn't arrive until today. I can't believe my [terrible] luck.

14. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

πŸŒžβ›±πŸΉπŸ•Ά August 2019 POAS πŸ•ΆπŸΉβ›±πŸŒž

26 July - CatchAFallingStar -
    31 July - Paranundrum
    7 Aug - Yellowbeach
    11 Aug - JennyPenny
    12 Aug - JennyLayneAZ
    12 Aug - MoonMoon
    14 Aug - SweetCaroline
    14 Aug - BreakOutTheIceCream
    22 Aug - Mrs.Chickpea

TBD - ,
    No POAS - Kaohinani
    Drop-In BFP -

πŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈ οΏΌπŸ“£πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ Amazing Cheerleaders:
    - Lazb
    - Sam's Mom
    - CrazyDogLady
    - PachaMama
    - BHBee
    - MrsJBEEG

15. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani: ugh that’s so frustrating. I’d say maybe it’s wrong but I know your temps and tracking are pretty spot on. The waiting is the suckiest part.

16. SweetCaroline

pear / 1718 posts

@Kaohinani: Ugh I'm sorry, how incredibly frustrating. I rarely comment but I do follow along. I've been silently cheering you on.

17. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Here’s my super-long cycle this month. In the beginning I was on OCPs while in Copenhagen to get timing right for retrieval.

18. SweetCaroline

pear / 1718 posts

I got my mammogram results back and I'm in the clear! What a relief...it's been a few years since an uneventful scan. I'm 4 days away from O...haven't started OPKs yet. For whatever reason, after our loss I've just had a change in heart and don't have an urge to pee on all the things. Of course, when AF shows, I'll wish I had πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

19. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@SweetCaroline: oh this is amazing news!!!

20. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@Kaohinani: Ugh, I'm so sorry

@SweetCaroline: That's fantastic news! Congratulations

21. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Kaohinani: ugh sorry girl
    How frustrating 😒

22. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@SweetCaroline: so happy to read this! Have been following along, what a relief πŸ’•

23. breakouttheicecream

olive / 66 posts

@sweetcaroline: So glad all is well! Hope this is a good month for you.

@Kaohinani: Ugh, what impossible timing. I'm so sorry.

@yellowbeach: That's such great news! Good luck with the transfer! Are you still scheduled for tomorrow? We'll all be thinking of you!

24. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: @SweetCaroline: @JennyPenny: @fuzzypeaches: @breakouttheicecream:

Thanks ladies, I'm pretty bummed. The kicker was (and I just recently found this out), HAD DH's XO known we were still TTC, he would have made certain DH was back on the 25th!!! I had told DH to speak with his XO, BUT instead, he followed the chain of command rather than the XO's open door policy for family matters, and spoke with another superior who neglected to notify the XO. I believe DH's negligence in dealing with the situation (and my early ovulatory issues) are causation for this failed cycle. #TotallyBummedOut.

@yellowbeach: I can't wait for your TWW. I just have a feeling something good is to happen for you this cycle.

@SweetCaroline: That is phenomenal news! I am soooooooo happy for you!

Here is my OPK from yesterday evening (this morn, it was even lighter and my temp rose):

Here is one I took 10 mins ago:
    It is substantially lighter.

Ironically, I have watery CF today and minor ovarian "cramps." IDK what the heck is going on.

25. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Kaohinani: hmm - I’ve never tracked my opk so closely - is that typical for you?! I am still hoping it was a false surge πŸ˜‘ but how frustrating. I can see my hubby not wanting to say anything to his superiors either though

26. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@fuzzypeaches: Thank you ... I hope it is a false surge as well. To respond- No, NONE of this is "normal" for me! πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ I never have 2+ days of positive/near-positive with an anemic BBT. Nor do I have "dry" ovulation days. I always cramp (Mittelschmerz) on one side and have a bit of CF. I also have not been feeling "frisky." IDK what is going on. In all honesty, I would almost wish to have an anovulatory cycle this month rather than to deal with knowing that DH and I missed our "chance."

27. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

I've been scrambling for info to keep me hopeful. I found some from different sources (mostly from pregnancy associations and from medical sites.). Some info is conflicting (such as when an egg is still viable for fertilzation AND when BBT should reflect ovulation ... EX. see the 1st screen shot on the top). I did find one study that stated with an extended LH surge combined with a slow moving egg, fertilization has taken place 2 days AFTER confirmed ovulation. Anyway, it is keeping me a tiny bit hopeful.

28. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Kaohinani: super frustrating about DH, sorry girl

@SweetCaroline: congrats on the clear scan!!

29. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: Thanks, hun.

30. MoonMoon

pomegranate / 3392 posts

@Kaohinani: I'm so sorry! The frustration of timing issues beyond our control is unbelievable!

31. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MoonMoon: Thank you. I absolutely agree. I loathe not having control of my own fertility and timing! Heck, even in medicated cycles where everything had to be a particular way (TI and ICI), I felt my cycle (due to meds and RE visits) was out of my locus of control - Overstimming, Understimming, timing TI or ICI (and, soon, IUI) while keeping both DHs and my work schedules in mind. It is exhaustive and, oftentimes, frustrating. 3-1/2 years of this has me going batty.

32. MoonMoon

pomegranate / 3392 posts

@Kaohinani: that's exactly it, that feeling of loss of control, not to mention your additional time with medicated cycles, which I can't even imagine. You are a warrior, I truly mean it!

33. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MoonMoon: Thank you so much.
    That, truly, means a lot to hear ("read"). πŸ™

34. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

DH landed about an hour ago and is on a bus to his unit to grab his gear and head home. DS will be napping and DD is at a friend's house ATM. I'm hoping to make one last go (college try) for this cycle and I hope I am ovulatory (or the ovum is heading towards a fallopian tube where his spermies can greet it πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ). Super slim chances but we are still going to make a go of it. 🀞

This cycle has been such a soap opera! 🎭 πŸ“Ί πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

35. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: Yes, still on vacation. Unfortunately it's not that relaxing though. AF came early too, it's CD2 today and lucky it did, it would have been the worst possible time to get pregnant.
    At least I got the work thing straightened out, I'm switching jobs. I wasn't looking for a new job, but was offered one that has slightly better pay and as a bonus I won't have to deal with any customers at all, not even phone calls. But I had to figure out what I wanted and then give my current boss my notice. Those kind of situations stress me out.
    My SO is on vacation too, he's stressed out because of his own work things and we have car troubles at the moment so he has to deal with those too. We haven't seen a lot during the last four days and I feel like all he wants is for me to leave him alone and not ask for anything. I get where he's coming from, but it makes me feel like crap and we only get a week of overlapping vacation a year and that's when we're lucky. I wish we both were in a better place and were able to use the time we have.
    And on top all of that crap there was a flood from a burst pipe in our flat and while we didn't take much damage, we don't live in there right now, it's in the middle of a remodel, our downstairs neighbors got hit pretty bad. One flat probably won't want any money for fixing it up at the moment, but the other one might and we really didn't have that planned in our budget right now.
    I can't wait for the "ups" part of life to arrive after all the "downs"...

36. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: Oh, my! That is a quite an update! I am sorry to read all of what has transpired with you as of recent. (Sending a big hug. ) My heart goes out to you as, no matter how positive of a person I may be, poor luck finds me at every turn, so I can empathize with you. Luck [usually] runs in 3's (atleast that is what I've always been told and appears to happen). You have had quite a few bouts of poor luck so, I am hoping that everything turns around for you really soon.

37. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: You and I both! Thank you!
    I just had the time to read through the rest of the thread and I hope your husband makes/made it home in time to catch that egg. Fingers crossed!

38. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: Thanks, hun. He is on his way home as I type!

39. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani:

40. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Kaohinani: ahh get it girl

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee