Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Beyond MC Support, 2015 holiday version

1. Zbug

persimmon / 1355 posts

@MrsDragon: I'm so sorry. I'm having a lot of the same emotions and need to wait until tomorrow to see what's definitely going on. We have our first appt at the fertility clinic friday. When I got my bfp, I was hoping we would be able to cancel but it's not looking good.

2. mrsmacandcheese

blogger / clementine / 985 posts

@Zbug: So, so much love to you. I hate that this is something that keeps happening. It's so incredibly unfair.

3. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@delight: Oh hun. This sort of anniversary is just the hardest. Our last Christmas was so sad, and this year is no different. You're not alone. xx

4. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@MrsDragon:

@Zbug: Did you have follow up betas? x

5. Zbug

persimmon / 1355 posts

@jaguar: Tomorrow. Still spotting so not feeling overly hopeful.

6. Zbug

persimmon / 1355 posts

@MrsDragon: Thanks and same to you. hang in there

7. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@jaguar: thanks lady. It is nice knowing that I'm not alone but it sucks that others are going through this. I wish you the Merriest of Christmases with your beautiful DD.
    @MrsDragon: @Zbug: ugh! I'm praying for both of you. I'm sorry you are going through this again. I was so happy for all the BFPs among our groups lately and it sucks to see this. Hold on to hope, all of us are hoping for good results for both of you.

8. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Zbug: Sending LOTS of good vibes. xx

@delight: Right back at you. *hugs*

9. Nutella

persimmon / 1045 posts

@Zbug: sending lots of good vibes your way too - lots of supportive ears here if you need it.

@MrsDragon: oh I know how you feel about sharing early. I really, really hope this isn't bad news x3. Anyone who asks you nosey questions about a sibling for your LO can just get a punch in the nose (sorry but I have zero patience for nosey people right now).

10. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

For those still looking for ways to remember their losses, there were some good ideas here. There's ornaments at the bottom. I think the owl one is so cute. https://coffeeteaandinnerpeace.wordpress.com/2015/12/18/gifts-for-a-grieving-mother/

11. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@MrsDragon: I'm so sorry : (

12. winniebee

@Shantuck: hoping for a little miracle for you!

13. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

Thanks for the well wishes but no miracle over here. The gestational sac was still empty today and they are trying to get me scheduled for a D&C later today. Last time I miscarried naturally. Please tell me the D&C is not nearly as scary as I'm making it out to be in my head....

14. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@Shantuck: oh I'm so sorry I had a natural m/c as well so i have no input on the d&c. sending you huge hugs

15. mrsmacandcheese

@Shantuck: I am so sorry. Sending you all the love.

I am struggling so hard right now. I'm pretty sure I bombed an interview for a job I would love and be good at, because my brain is not effing functioning and I was underprepared thanks to all of this stress. I'm beating myself up majorly right now for squandering a good opportunity.

16. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@Shantuck: I'm so sorry. I used misoprostol for my m/c, so I have no experience with the D&C. I hope it goes smoothly for you.

17. LibbyLou

kiwi / 739 posts

@MrsDragon: usually you didn't do as badly as you think you did! Send a great follow up email and then another one too (Monday or Tuesday).
    This shit consumes you!

18. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Shantuck: You will be ok. The D&C really isn't that bad... it's the emotions that go with it that are tough. Wall me if you have any questions at all. x

19. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@Shantuck: I'm so, so sorry. I think simply having a definite end date is helpful, but extremely difficult to face. I had a D&C scheduled, but had the doctor give me Misoprotol again and ended up miscarrying before the surgery date. I hope it's possible for you to take some time to heal and recover.

As we we enter the holidays, I'm having hard moments. I sometimes think I'm not worthy of having another baby because I can't handle my suddenly rebellious toddler. So I sit and bed and cry at night at times. I think my poor husband is at a loss by now.

20. Nutella

persimmon / 1045 posts

@Shantuck: the d&c is really not that bad, I felt barely anything at all thanks to general anaesthetic. And only a bit of spotting that day, but more bleeding for few days afterwards. I slept a lot and just hung out in bed while DH brought me food. I felt quite shocked and numb emotionally for a good few days but physically was fine. I think you'll also feel ok but definitely make sure you've got someone to look after you.

@Tanjowen: of course you're worthy of another baby! Hope these holidays still have happy moments for you I hear you on the feelings though, sometimes I wonder what the universe is getting at! I have a few friends around me who are having new babies that they just conceived on the very first try off BC/trying and I hate how my initial reaction is excitement for them but then it devolves into weird envy as I imagine how little they know about anything

21. Nutella

persimmon / 1045 posts

@MaryM: that owl ornament is so gorgeous! I owls!

22. Nutella

persimmon / 1045 posts

I just need to vent here without getting upset at my DH (not his fault!!) - I went on FB and found out that one of my old playgroup mums is very obviously pregnant, she never announced but a friend tagged her in a pic and it's so obvious she's due in a few months...I'm so gutted that I feel so sad about it! I had reached out to her around the time of my MC but she was always busy so I just let it fade, but probably lucky because she was evidently also early pregnant as well! what really gets me is she always used to say herDH was never ready for second baby & she had to persuade him to even think about the idea. I just feel crap because we wanted this so badly! And it is weird because I also thought we were friendly enough that she would tell me herself... that's another thing I suppose. Sorry for the vent! I'm hoping tomorrow brings happier moments.

23. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Nutella: I'm sorry. That is so hard.

All new pregnancies in all my support groups lately and I'm happy for them but I am grieving so, so badly. Everyone has siblings. I have the oldest firstborn, have been trying for a second before all of them, and I am still as barren as we were 27 months ago when we started.

24. Nutella

persimmon / 1045 posts

@jaguar: Sorry to you too. tough when it's bittersweet like that.

Did I hear correctly that the proposed changes to the Medicare rebates for IVF aren't going through? That has got to be a huge relief!

25. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Nutella: Delayed for now. Not sure if I should be relieved or exhausted to even have to have this extra worry always lurking over me.

Man. We just really, really want a baby. That's about all the energy I have right now.

26. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@jaguar: I am with you with respect to this secondary infertility. It really sucks (though all infertility is awful). One interesting thing that is helping me keep faith that this will eventually work out was that I had to tell a few of my bosses about my d&c on Monday because I was going to miss work on a busy day. Both of the women I told immediately told me about their miscarriages, ivf treatments, etc. I normally sit in their offices and see pictures of their beautiful, smiling children with a pang of jealousy seeing their perfect families. However, I never knew how much each of them had been through to get to that point. This is now just a little blib in their memories. Anyway, it definitely made me feel less alone. They went through this 20+ years ago and came out on the other side. We will, too.

27. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

I have a feeling a request to give mil a ride to the family Christmas party shouldn't result in 30 minutes of crying, should it?

DH and I deal with things in such different ways. He prefers to surround himself with family, I have social anxiety and need time alone or just with him. I said we could give mil a ride, but knowing her (and him), asked that we somehow give ourselves an out so that after an overwhelming day (for me) with his whole family, we not end up with his mom camping out at our house for the rest of the night because she doesn't want to go home.

I feel awful. I know she's unhappy In Her marriage and get that, but at least this year, I deserve to be a little selfish and say no. DH says he gets it, but I just don't really think that he does.

28. winniebee

Ugh ladies. I thought I was pregnant again. Had a fairly clear positive test on Tuesday but lines have since then been barely there shadows. Pretty sure it's a chemical pregnancy. Again. The third early loss since September. I feel like everyone things since I'm still nursing (2x a day, and very little at that) I should expect a loss and am asking for it, or something. There's a tiny chance it could work out, maybe a Christmas miracle? Not keeping my hopes up, but certainly hoping. I have so much to be grateful for, but man, this one will sting.

Wishing you all a warm and happy holiday

29. winniebee

@MaryM: that sounds rough. I'm sorry

30. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@MaryM: I hope you managed to get some quiet time to escape if you need it.

@winniebee: I hope you are able to get a miracle. x

@Shantuck: Thanks for posting this. My therapist always tells me that I'll look back and realise all this meant something, or would be worth it, but when you're in the thick of the infertility combined with the loss, it feels really hard to see past it.

Happy holidays to my beautiful soul sisters on this thread. I wish it didn't exist, I wish we all had gotten our miracles already, and I'm thinking of our babies that should have/would have been here with us this Christmas.

Thanks for always being here. xxx

31. Nutella

persimmon / 1045 posts

@Shantuck: I'm so glad they let you in on their stories - always helps when you are feeling alone!

@MaryM: ergh, I just declined a crappy invite to be selfish and I feel fine about it. Everyone needs to look after themselves in my opinion. Hope you go ok

@winniebee: fark - was hop g this was it! Praying for a Xmas miracle for you though! Xx

@jaguar: merry Xmas to you too lovely - really hoping this is the last of the bad news for you too. Hope your little girl loved pressies this morning!!

32. Zbug

persimmon / 1355 posts

Hey ladies. It's been a long week, and I will fill you in later but looks like things might be okay. Thinking of you all and hope you have a wonderful christmas (if that's what you celebrate). 2016 is going to be better for us all!

33. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Nutella: She had a ball! Thank you!

34. winniebee

No Christmas miracle. Another CP. here's to a good (or better) 2016 for all of us.

35. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@winniebee: so sorry that you are going through another loss.
    @zbug: I'm so glad things are looking ok!
    Merry Christmas ladies. Hope the holidays are treating you well.

36. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@winniebee: I'm so sorry.

Another pregnancy announcement today, from a friend.

That was it. Lost it completely. Left all Facebook groups, and considering shutting FB down altogether. This is too hard. I'm done.

37. LibbyLou

kiwi / 739 posts

@jaguar: I had 3-4 announcements today on fb. almost through the holiday season!

38. mrsmacandcheese

Woke up to an announcement here, too. I've had a lot of good candid conversations with my MIL, who had a stillbirth, and am generally feeling ok but that did hit me in the heart a bit -- I wish I could just be someone who could be happy when there's a pregnancy announcement (and I wish that if it were me I wouldn't be terrified -- that's the hard part; I wish I could be that naive again).

39. Nutella

persimmon / 1045 posts

@MrsDragon: @LibbyLou: @jaguar: argh! Yes - the recent announcements over in my circles have been REALLY hard! Like, 'I don't ever want to see them in person or online' hard.

40. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@Nutella: ugh, I totally understand that. It's not that I'm not happy for them, but my heart is just broken.

@jaguar: losses are hard enough without the extra added challenge of infertility. 😐

@MrsDragon: I tell dh all the time I miss my innocence. this process has robbed us of a lot.

@delight: thanks. ❤️ How'd you make it through?

@MaryM: big, huge hugs, friend. Try as our DHs might, sometimes they just don't understand.

@Shantuck: that's such a great reminder! It seems like everyone gets their families so easily, but we don't know what challenges they faced. It makes me hope I'll be the one with the large family down the road and this won't hurt so bad anymore.

My Christmas was fine. I only broke down crying once, which I'll consider a victory. I didn't get any questions about babies, though my cousin did keep trying to get me to hold her 8 month old. I did a lot of dishes to get away from her, lol.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee