So my son is 2 and is not talking yet. Our pediatrician suggested we get an EI evaluation. But I'm wondering if we should just go to a speech therapist and have them do the evaluation that way they can continue with the services needed. His receptive language is fine which made the pediatrician unsure of whether or not he would even qualify for EI services. This is why I was considering going straight to a speech therapist. Anyone deal with this sort of issue?