Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 10/10

1. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Shutterbug: I am so sorry to hear about your day Big Hugs to you!!!!!

2. Mrs. Jacks

blogger / pineapple / 12381 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Congrats!!!
    @Bluestripedbee: Ooh, sounds like an interesting backstory. Can't wait to hear more!

Sounds like a lot of rough days lately for many. That means blue skies soon!

3. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Mrs. Jacks: I like your thinking

4. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@Mrs. Jacks: I sure hope so!

I've had a rough day. AF + stomach/digestion problems + sore from a Tabata class. SO glad I am able to take a day of rest as needed. And I may have finally figured out my problem. I've been on an anti-inflammatory powder for a few months (along with my crazy diet) and my problems have been getting worse since then. I'm going to stop taking it for a few days and I've booked an appointment with my ND on Wednesday. I really think we convinced the last 2 months and it wasn't able to implant for some reason. I saw a "sac" with lots of clotting last month, and am expecting to see one this time too... BUT can't be upset if I have no confirmation that it was a loss.

5. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@FaithFertility: @Mrs. Jacks: thanks!

6. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

Were your surprised by IF or were you expecting to have some issues?
    I was certainly surprised by DH's issues after his accident, but deep down I always had a fear that we would have trouble conceiving. When I found out I had a septum it almost made sense that I had those instincts.

Where do you fit in your family (oldest, youngest, only)? Oldest!

Which holiday is your favorite? I like the while Thanksgiving - Christmas season. It's so festive!

What was your saddest moment in the past week? This week DH had another seizure, which was pretty scary. I was really worried about the doc changing his meds up, but luckily they just increased his dosage.

What was your happiest moment in the past week? I went to my RE for a follow up hystosonogram after my septum surgery. He said everything looked good and we can start a cycle as soon as we get DH's sperm.

Update: DH went to the urologist and together we decided he will have the testicular sperm extraction. I'm really glad DH is involved in the process and willing to do it.

7. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@macintosh: Wow seizures are super scary, glad all is ok!

8. littleredhairedgrl

persimmon / 1135 posts

thanks @faithfertility

update: went back to re yesterday and am already starting injectables again and he thinks we will be on track to do our 2nd iui late next week (we will do two iui's on back-to-back days)

9. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

Just got to read through all of these, and don't have time to respond to all, but wanted to check in to see how everyone is doing. Our group does seem to have hit a rough patch all around.

@TheSwissWifeStyle: have you started to feel excited yet, or are you feeling more cautious than happy? A mix of both?

10. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@Happygal: I'm more cautious I think. Considering the last 2 times I've lost the LO after seeing the heartbeat (granted the last time didn't look good from the beginning) I think it might take a while!

I mean I hate to say I'm not excited, because I'm trying to think positively... We have the first scan on Monday, so maybe I'll feel better after that? (Hopefully!)

11. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

Rough patch indeed... My digestion problems seem to be starting their annual comeback (seasonal?) I originally thought it might have been one of my supplements, so I stopped taking it for a few days. Now I'm not so sure. I have an appointment with the ND this morning, so I'm hoping she has some idea.

Also DH and I talked about our next steps. He doesn't believe in this immunology stuff and after this month is ready to move on to the "big guns". Not sure which guns those would be though. I reminded him that IUI/IVF likely wouldn't solve any problems for us, but I think in general he is tired of the alternative approach. I'm getting close, but I would give it another month or two if my digestion problems can get figured out.

I'm going to talk to the ND about doing some of the testing that the RE suggested, at least it would get us a month ahead if we need to move on.

@Happygal: Whats the latest with you? Have they figured out anything to do about your lining?

12. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Mrs.Someone: boooo. Digestion issues should not be allowed to flare during the best season of the whole year! Hoping you can get some relief and find some answers, big guns or not.

13. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: I think excited is a relative term. I'm pretty sure that until I was about 10 weeks, it was excitement/sheer terror/constantly sure I was a second away from the worst. Then we moved on to excitement/hope/cautious optimism/panic that I wasn't panicking. Now, I'm 15 weeks (EEK!), and in the last two weeks, I have started to realize, OH! I'm going to be pregnant for the next six months-cue PANIC all over again But there's more excitement, too...just worry about being able to accomplish all the things.

I need help

14. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@Mrs. Someone: I imagine that being tough when your SO has differing beliefs for care. It seems like he's been supportive of your ND path so far, correct? Is he ok with giving it another month or two?

My lining was building up last time. I'll go in to the RE on Tuesday, and hope to see it even thicker. If it hasn't increased, it may be time to move on to injectables.

@TheSwissWifeStyle: I understand. I don't want to badger you with questions or update requests, but I am happy for you!

@Littleredhairedgrl: that's a great update!

15. littleredhairedgrl

persimmon / 1135 posts

thanks @happygal and good luck to you!

16. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

Okay, I've had a moment to respond! I'm grateful for this little corner of the internet to discuss things with you all.

@Mrs. Polish: is your baby feeling better this week? What do you like to do at the gym? I'm wasting a membership, so I realized I either need to quit or get working out--maybe you can motivate me!

@MrsTal: is this week better for you? I"m sorry to hear you've been feeling down in the dumps.

@Mrs. Jump Rope: are you feeling better today? When do you head to the doctor to discuss alternatives to Clomid?

@Shutterbug: when do you start IUI #4? Have you tried Femara before?

@Leialou: what is the project you're working on for the wedding? Do you have a set date for your FET cycle?

@BlueStripedBee: turning 30 felt big, but I've loved my 30s waaaayy more than my 20s. I hope you'll feel the same! Will job hunting possibly require a move as well?

@JustDarling: when is your FET date? Exciting!

@Just_Ju: congrats on quitting! It may seem irresponsible, but I encourage my friends who are unhappy in their work situations to quit if it's financially possible. I did it once and it was the best decision I've ever made. How are the new job leads shaping up?

@Alie: let's go with eternally optimistic. I think it's a great thing. I feel kind of flat about it all, and think I should really try to be more optimistic. How did the follie check go?

@Mrs Bunchy: yeah for growing follies! Do you live somewhere where there is always snow each winter? We don't always get it, so it's very exciting when we do!

@MrsWin: sorry to hear about that deep disappointment. Was the sob fest cathartic? I'm glad there are other positive things going on for you--recognition for a job well done does feel great!

@Sunshine1810: any updates? Where did you go in MD? I'm always looking for good mini vacation ideas!

@FaithFertility: what did you do for you birthday? I always admire your positive attitude. Did Provera do the trick for you?

@Macintosh: I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. How is he doing on his increased dosage? I'm glad the surgery went well!

17. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@Happygal: Tricky answer. He has been supportive in letting me choose the path we're on, since its really all about me at this point. But I think he is getting impatient (as am I!) Also, he believes in regular doctors and standard medicine. I'm sure I could talk him into a few more months of trying this way, but I'm not sure I want to bother. Leaving for my appt now, we'll see what she says.

18. justdarling

apricot / 452 posts

@Happygal: My FET was on Monday. Now I am in the TWW - I think this is the worst part of it all. Hopefully it works!

19. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@Happygal: No way, I don't mind questions at all!

20. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

I just wanted to pop in and say how grateful I am for all of the kind messages you guys have sent me over the past month! And you're lucky I didn't have to bother you with the actual treatment cycle...after the whole Estinyl and nausea/throwing up deal it went downhill. My lining was awful (it was only 7mm at trigger), they decided to throw in some Menopur at the last minute, and I had no CM and a bad allergic reaction inside my lady parts. I guess even the worst cycle can turn out okay so don't get discouraged about treatment blips!

21. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@Mrs.Someone: Good luck with your appointment. I hope she is able to help you come to some sort of plan, digestion issues are the worst!

22. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@Happygal: It was cathartic to some extent but this weekend was even harder since I got surprised by a pregnancy announcement at Thanksgiving dinner (my cousin who got married a year after us)

23. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@spaniellove: We're so glad to see you back! And wow, what a crazy cycle, but it does give me some hope that it can work out anyway! Since we may have some of the same issues, I've been wondering if your RE has put you on anything to help this one stick? (Lovenox, etc.)

24. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@mrswin: Yes they are, I've been battling them for years. It seems like a seasonal thing for me.

I'm back from my appointment and she decided to put me on a different diet (FODMAP) in hopes helping digestion, and changing up a few of my supplements. We didn't really talk about anything fertility since we wants to get this figured out first. I did decide that I'll get the blood tests that the RE suggested done, since insurance seems to cover everything anyway (famous last words?)

25. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@Mrs.Someone: I hope your ND is able to get your digestion in order since no matter what, digestion is important! Which tests did your RE suggest? You seem to understand that IUI/IVF mostly just speed things up unless there's an obvious reason to do IVF (as my RE says) and it's more the right tweaks here and there that you're looking for.

My clinic never did care much about the MTHFR so I ended up taking fish oil (containing 800mg EPA) and baby aspirin only after they confirmed O. Thanks to the wonderful advice you and @raintreebee gave me I swapped my regular folic acid and B12 with Quatrefolic and methylcobalmin. I'm pretty sure that made the difference in my beta numbers.

26. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@spaniellove: Yay, glad you were able to make changes that you feel good about! I was watching your beta results as you posted them and was so excited that they looked awesome

The RE ordered:
    Hemoglobin, Protein C, Protein S, Factor V, Factor II, Antothrombin, Karotype

I'm pretty sure I don't have either of the factors (I have 23 & me), but I'll do more research before my appointment. I'm pretty interested in the Karotyping stuff, but I doubt it will show anything. My insurance seems to be covering everything, so I figure I might as well get it all checked. Though she also ordered a Progesterone pool (3 days averaged), but going in for blood work 3 days in a row would be torture.

27. fairefaire

kiwi / 526 posts

@Happygal: Follie check was fine, but things took a turn for the worse at the IUI yesterday with a very unexpected and very low count If this cycle doesn't work, we'll be doing some more testing and then likely will be referred straight to IVF. And with that news, my eternal optimism got turned off very quickly!!

28. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Happygal: Thank you!! My birthday was great! Had dinner dates every night for about a week!!! I actually took the last provera pill tonight....SOOO I Am Praying for AF to show quickly......soo funny how you don't ever want it but then you do!!!

29. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@alie: I am sorry Remember it only takes one and you are giving them a little advantage with IUI!!! Good Luck!

30. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@Mrs. Someone: you're much better than I am....I have no idea what all they tested for! I should get my records and know all that stuff. All I remember was her saying, "good, normal, great," etc. when sharing our results.

@Alie: oh no! I'm sorry. What further testing will they do for you.

@SpanielLove: good to see you back here! But dang, I was feeling all proud of my 7 lining (and 7.5ish on the other side). You've given me hope! Like @Mrs.Someone: I've been checking in on you via FF.

31. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@Happygal: Yes, definitely make sure to get all your records, its much easier to jump ship and/or get a second opinion that way The labs that my doctors send things to are both part of Microsoft Health Vault, so when there are results that match my name I get a notification with everything (usually a day after the doctor gets them). Not sure if the RE uses the same labs, but I really hope so.

32. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@Happygal: Ack sorry! It's all relative - I was used to more but you know, the time they told me my lining was so great it didn't stick. So I don't think measurements have a whole lot to do with it. And FWIW, that 7mm was after 2 nights of injectibles. I think before that it was 5mm. Also, did I tell you? I know of someone who had a 6-7mm lining and had twins! It is definitely possible!

33. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@Mrs. Someone: I'm excited to hear what another doctor will recommend for you. I hope it's a positive experience.

@SpanielLove: no need to apologize--I was teasing, and really, it did make me feel better knowing that 7 mm could be enough! How are you feeling today?

34. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@Happygal: Unfortunately, there isn't really anything exciting about this. Its the same RE that told me women with Hashi's just have m/cs and there isn't anything to do about it I'm doing the blood tests pretty much to get them out of the way in case we move on. Also, I think the karotyping is interesting, so that one is out of curiosity.

35. fairefaire

kiwi / 526 posts

@Happygal: Another SA for my husband to try to figure out if the low count on Tuesday was a fluke or not. Those results will determine if we do one last IUI or skip ahead to IVF. If we're skipping ahead to IVF, we may also do a lap for me to rule out (or confirm) endo.

36. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@Mrs.Someone: what is karotyping? Would you consider switching REs? She doesn't sound very supportive.

@Alie: I hope the next SA will show it was just a fluke. Are you wanting to do another IUI, or are you feeling ready for IVF? Do they have a high suspicion of endo?

37. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@Happygal: Its somehow a map of your DNA strands. Thats the way that people have found out they have a translocation which leads to things like Trisonomies. I'm not expecting anything, but I'm hoping I get some sort of interesting info on my DNA.

38. Mrs. Jacks

blogger / pineapple / 12381 posts

@spaniellove: So glad to see you back!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee