Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 10/24

1. mrs bunchy

kiwi / 533 posts

@happygal @mrs. jump rope. I'm currently on 50mg clomid days 3-7. Dr. Instructed me to take it in the am same time everyday. Usually it's only the first day back on it that gives me any trouble. Gotta keep remembering it's what I need. Hope this round takes.

2. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@spaniellove: @Happygal: Thanks you guys I don't want to hi-jack this thread too much. But I do want to tell everyone here still working through your cycles and treatments...keep going...

A year ago at this time I was having a saline sonogram to confirm a fibroid that was in my uterus - it was detected on my HSG. And shortly after that I had it removed via hysteroscopy. It makes me so emotional (maybe it's the pregnancy hormones!) to think about that time. I was pretty low, and sad. Seeking support here on Hellobee and in my yoga for fertility class. I went through three IUIs after that and finally got my BFP in March after 20 months of trying to conceive.

Keep going. It's hard. I know it is. I still won't feel in the clear until I have a healthy baby in my arms. But a year ago, I wondered if I would ever be here. And now I'm 5 weeks from seeing him. I can't believe it.

3. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@sweetooth: aw you're making me teary-eyed! I love to hear from graduates on the other side Can't wait to see pics of your little guy!

4. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@Sweetooth: definitely not thread-jacking. I like it when graduates check in and find it encouraging and comforting. Thank you!

5. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@sweetooth: I agree, you're not thread-jacking! Thank you for your sweet words, I'm so looking forward to seeing your little guy I hope the rest of us are there this time next year!

6. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Shutterbug: Yay,great numbers!!!!! Do you do B2B IUIs???? Fingers and toes crossed for you! :)))))))

7. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@mrs bunchy: ughhhh clomid hotflashes are the worst but def worth it :)))))

8. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@justdarling: Wahooooo congratulations!

9. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@PastaAndPotato: Congratulations

10. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@sweetooth: love to hear that thank you!

11. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Favorite T.V. show: Greys Anatomy and Scandal

Most like my father: Hardworking and passionate
    Most like my mother: Love to travel and caring

Update: Currently on clomid CD 3-7 tonight is CD 6 going back to RE on Halloween CD 12 to see where wet are at for IUI#2

??? I'm thinking of telling My family and such that something didn't go right and clomid didn't work, to try to hide the IUI I'd really really love to surprise them if I can Thoughts?!?!

12. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@FaithFertility: I love surprises and would go for it. My husband is another story, and he would worry that it would build up expectations and hopes too much. I say to go with whatever feels right for you and your DH, and really hope this IUI is the one for you!

13. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Happygal: Seee I did feel thay way about building up false hopes, but the truth is whay will be will be and choosing to plan as if it will work and build a surprise plan or not is not going to effect the outcome!!!! With that said I'm surprising them.... hopefuly and thank you!

14. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

I'm late to the party this week, going to come back and read everyone's updates in a bit.

*What's your favorite TV show right now? Really into Revolution, HIMYM, and Once Upon a Time

*How are you like your mom and/or dad? I'm stubborn and a bit hot headed like my mom, sarcastic and quiet like my dad.

*Updates?
    I'm on CD 15 and think I O'd yesterday. I'm trying to go gluten free and also started doing circle and bloom meditations. I told DH yesterday that I have a feeling this is the cycle we are getting pregnant, with twins and they'll be due on my birthday. Ha, if only it were that easy. I do like that I've been feeling more positive lately.

15. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@PastaAndPotato: Congratulations!!! So excited for you!!!!

16. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@Shutterbug: I am so hopeful for you this time!!!

17. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@MrsTal: I think we could be friends, I like the same shows, am gluten free and O'd yesterday too Also, if I get pregnant this cycle I'll be due right around my birthday. Maybe we're clones?

18. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@mrstal: what made you decide to go gluten free? We've cut it out for the Whole Life Challenge, and it hasn't been nearly as hard as I thought it might be.

19. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@justdarling: @PastaAndPotato: Congratulations to you both! That's such awesome news!

@FaithFertility: I think hiding it would be a nice surprise! That is if you can manage to mislead them.

@Mrs.Someone: That's crazy! I think we might be clones. I saw you have IBS and I do too. Very weird.

@Happygal: I have IBS and also read some info about going gluten free can help fertility. DH has been on me to try it for a while so I finally decided to take the plunge. It's been easier for me than I thought it would be but I have been having a few issues.

20. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@MrsTal: Crazy! You might want to look into the FODMAPs diet, its really been helping me. Its a bit crazy though! But after going GF, my symptoms actually got worse because I was eating more of other stuff.

21. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

Super late to the party this week, but...

@PastaAndPotato: CONGRATULATIONS!!!

22. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

I think we may need to take November off before starting injectables. My husband will be gone for periods of time, and I don't want to be stressed about our timing.

I know just one month off is not a big deal, but I'm feeling disappointed today.

23. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Happygal: hugs! It's always hard to lose a month...but maybe having that time to focus on other things - holiday plans, hot apple cider, jumping in piles of leaves - will be good for the soul. It's a totally legit thing to feel disappointed over.

24. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@Happygal: aw I'll be your break buddy!! We're taking November off too, for similar reasons

25. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@Sweetooth: and @Shutterbug: thanks guys! I'm feeling better about it. I'm glad I have a break buddy, too.

@Shutterbug: We should think of great things to do in November to feel better about the break. I think Sweetooth has a good start of ideas for us.

26. just_ju

cherry / 195 posts

So today was our treatment plan consult, and it was about what I expected. The good news is my egg quality and quantity (fsh and amh, I believe) were good, so I'll probably be using a higher dose of letrozole next cycle. The bad news is they weren't very happy with the hubsters morphology, and I guess his guys kinda clump together, so our treatment options are IUI or straight to IVF. The look on husband's face when she told us broke my heart - he was so disappointed.

I think we both decided we'd do at least one IUI, probably more. We aren't financially able to do IVF because of the cost of meds and my lack of income. Hopefully we won't need it - fingers crossed.

27. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@just_ju: Seems like there is always some bad news in with the good? At least it sounds like you have a diagnosis, so that is helpful. Have you looked into any supplements to help his swimmers? My acupuncturist gave me a whole handout on it based on what to take for each problem.

28. just_ju

cherry / 195 posts

@Mrs.Someone: He's going to try vitamins C and E, which I read might help loosen up the swimmers that are clumping. I really don't know much about supplements and stuff, I'll definitely have to do some more research on them.

29. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@Just_Ju: that's tough. I was nervous for them to share the results of the SA. I could handle not having enough eggs or something like that, but I knew it would be more personal if my husband's results were sub-par. I hope those supplements can help him out!

How did you feel on letrozole this go round?

30. justdarling

apricot / 452 posts

@just_ju: we also had a male factor issue but ours is motility. The RE recommended Fertility Blend for men. The one thing that I kept reminding my DH, is that there is a way around the male factor issue. With IUI the swimmers get put right into the oven so the best ones have a good shot. IVF with ICSI, they pick the best ones. At least having a diagnosis is better than not knowing. Now you can put a plan in place.

31. just_ju

cherry / 195 posts

@Happygal: we made our treatment consult appointment too late in the cycle (day 11) to start the Letrozole this time. The last time I took it, I had the lowest possible dose (2.5 mg I think?) and it didn't do anything for me, so hopefully a higher dose does the trick.

@justdarling: that's a very good point - there are ways around it! We're hoping that maybe an IUI or two (or three) will get the job done for us :).

32. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@just_ju: Good luck to you! Great to have a plan

33. littleredhairedgrl

persimmon / 1135 posts

Hi Ladies! Sorry a little late to this board:

*What's your favorite TV show right now? -- Breaking Bad (never watched before and just started watching all the seasons on iTunes!

*How are you like your mom and/or dad? -- like my dad in my creative side and introverted nature

*Updates -- Just went thru our second IUI cycle with injectables and the IUI last thursday and friday and now the waiting.. also on progesterone supps and am just starting to feel super bloated and tired. also crazy sore nipples! yikes!

I am hopeful this time and trying to trust in my faith to get me thru, but it isn't easy (as i'm sure you all know all too well).

my bday is next tuesday and really hoping for some positive news.

34. littleredhairedgrl

persimmon / 1135 posts

also wanted to share this amazing song by Bianca Merkley, a singer/songwriter who struggles with infertility. it is a really beautiful song and the words really touched me

35. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

*What's your favorite TV show right now?
    --Scandal, Betrayal

*How are you like your mom and/or dad?
    --I guess I'm stubborn like my parents.

*Updates?
    Natural cycle this month. I'm secretly in my TWW. Trying not to think about it, which is why I'll be fairly quiet on HB. I'm not going to POAS this month (first time). Just going to wait for AF to come or be late. (AF is expected on 11/6.) If not, we will be starting our IUI next month in November. If IUI is unsuccessful, then we'll be doing an IVF in January.

36. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@LITTLEREDHAIREDGRL: Welcome to the TWW! Do you have fun birthday plans (besides getting a BFP?)

@Bluestriped Bee: I understand wanting to limit time here. I don't plan to POAS either this month. How are you feeling about your plan?

37. littleredhairedgrl

persimmon / 1135 posts

@happygal urgh! tww stinks! dh is taking me out for din on saturday and going to be with my family on sunday. took off work on my actual bday (tues) but no real plans. my goal is just to relax and not symptom spot!!

38. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@Happygal: I'm feeling better about my plan. Although, I've been feeling some cramping and I'm at 7DPO. I did have some cramping post ovulation last December, so it might not be a sign. I know I'm not suppose symptom spot. Just going day by day and if AF comes, I go back ignoring my symptoms.

39. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@littleredhairedgrl: best of luck!

40. littleredhairedgrl

persimmon / 1135 posts

thanks! @faithfertility

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee