Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 10/31

1. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@Happygal: lol that's awesome! They know their customers

2. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: Hoping for positive results today!!!

3. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@Happygal: Love that you got chocolate kisses with your meds!!! Best of luck with the injections! Once I did the first one, the rest weren't bad.

4. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@KentuckyGirl: thanks! How are you doing with your pregnancy?

Last night was my first time giving myself the injections, and I think/hope it should be smoother sailing from here on out. I couldn't remember how to mix the Follistim with the hCG into one syringe--so many vials, so many needles. Once I finally figured it out, I stood with the pen over my stomach for about 5 minutes. I finally just went for it, but it didn't seem like anything went into my body, and I could still see fluid in the syringe. I tried about three more times, and the same thing happened each time. I finally said, "forget it," and gave myself individual shots of the Follistim and hCG. I don't know if I double dosed, but it ended up being many more shots than planned!

@Shutterbug: how are you feeling about taking November off? Is it a welcome break for you?

5. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@Happygal: I'm glad you figured it out! Just curious, you're doing Follistim and HCG together?

6. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@SpanielLove: yes--is that unusual? I'm doing very low doses of both--25 plus one click of Follistim, and 5 of hCG. I have another bottle of hcg just for my trigger shot. I think "low and slow" is how I would describe the plan. I go back in on Wed, I believe to be checked.

How is your nausea doing these days? Have you found foods to eat that help?

7. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Shutterbug: hahahaha right? !?!? It was a crazy weekend in that office, they only do wrist bands if there is more than 1 IUI scheduled for that day!

I too would be afraid of the cramping too!!!

How many days post IUI are you now?!?!?!

8. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@Happygal: I'm actually really looking forward to now being on any drugs, haha. How are you doing? Hopefully having to double shoot yourself will make it easier going forward!

@FaithFertility: 9! Beta's on Friday, I'll probably test Friday AM before I go.

9. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Shutterbug: I'll be thinking of you!!!! Best of luck and positive thoughts! + + +♥

10. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@Happygal: It is unusual to do HCG before the trigger - I've heard of HCG boosters during the 2ww. How many days are you doing it? I hope this does the trick! The nausea is blah but I know it could be worse. Instead of all the starchy stuff the only thing I crave is fruit because it's tart and helps me hydrate when water upsets my stomach!

@Shutterbug: Thinking of you!

11. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@spaniellove: look up "low dose hcg protocol" if you're interested. Makes sense to me after reading about it (cheaper, too). It's great something healthy works for you!

@shutterbug: ohhh, exciting! Fingers crossed for you.

12. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@shutterbug: Oh, I'm glad to read your husband doesn't go with you. I think I'd actually be better off without him there. He's squeamish, and I think I would be worried about how he was doing during the IUI instead of focusing on what was going on with me.

@Mrs.Someone: and @MrsTal: how are you guys doing in the TWW? @Mrs. Jump Rope: any updates from you?

13. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@Happygal: I'm doing well. Felt a little dizzy/light headed this morning so that has me hopeful. I'm telling myself I can't test until Thursday though.

How are the injectibles going?

14. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

Wanted to update you all. I tested yesterday 12DPO and BFN! I'm just waiting for AF to come so I can start cycle 17 with my 3rd and last IUI. Then off to IVF! I'm actually looking forward to IVF. I really have this feeling it's a sperm meeting the egg problem.

15. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@mrs.someone: Thursday will be 12 dpo for you, correct? I won't badger for an update, but I'm hopeful for you!

Injectables are fine. I tried to go to fast last night and bruised myself, and think it stings more right out of the fridge. I'm learning. I go tomorrow to see how my body is responding.

@Bluestriped Bee: shoot--sorry for that BFN. I know the feeling of just wanting a cycle to end. That might be my least favorite part of a cycle--when you know you're not pregnant, and you just want your period to start so you can count it as CD 1.

16. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@Happygal: Yep, I seem to always be able to get an accurate answer on 12dpo, so that is what I shoot for. But I believe that DH should be the first to know, so if I actually get good news, I'll be mum here! Trying not to get my hopes up, it makes it easier.

I hope the injectibles are working their magic on you! I'll look for your update tomorrow

17. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@bluestriped bee: I'm happy to see you excited about TTC right now! I really hope either your next IUI or IVF does the trick! The IVF thread has been on fire lately, I hope it keeps coming.

18. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

I'm curious, has anyone else been told by their insurance that they're being forced to switch to a mail-order pharmacy of the insurance company's choice? I liked using Village Pharmacy and having the freedom to use whoever I wanted, and have been told that now I have to order through some company that I've never heard of.

19. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@SpanielLove: I didn't even consider ordering through a company of my own--the doctor just told me where I'd be getting my drugs from! What is the name of your new company?

20. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@Happygal: My first clinic gave me a lot of paperwork on different pharmacies and helped me choose one that would be most affordable for me with IVF, and my second clinic just asked where I get my meds from (more of what they prescribed was covered by insurance and a lot of their patients came to them after trying IVF somewhere else). The new pharmacy is called BriovaRX? They seem to handle meds for many different conditions. I just got so spoiled with Village! Even though I get my PIO from a local pharmacy I'm still using the needles I got back in January because they threw in so many extras of everything.

21. Mrs. Jump Rope

blogger / coconut / 8306 posts

@spaniellove: I've never taken anything other than clomid, which I get filled at rite aid. We do have a mail order pharmacy, though, and medications on their formulary can only be ordered through that company (express scripts) or through your regular pharmacy. They'll deny claims that go through any other mail order service, even if the meds are on the formulary!

22. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Quick ???? How does IUI Bees feel about BD during the TWW?!?!?!?!?!

23. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@FaithFertility: Not a problem!

24. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@FaithFertility: other than the icky-ness of the progesterone, not a problem!

25. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Shutterbug: yes, I forgot about that.....

26. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@FaithFertility: ah, this made me laugh. I can imagine saying, "Just a moment honey, let me check with HB. . . " How much longer are you on progesterone for?

My favorite nurse was there this morning--no warm fuzzies from her, but totally competent and efficient. She wrinkled her nose when I told the story of mixing the hCG and Follistim, saying she that two separate injections is the way to go.

CD 8 for me, lining at 4ish and 2 follicles around 11 and 12. Pretty uneventful appointment, but I'm a little nervous that my lining wasn't thicker. The doctor said not to worry at this point in the cycle. I want to google those numbers and see how they compare to the rest of the internet world, but it's off to work I go (which is probably a good thing!) They also called to say my insurance will no longer be covering any appointments since I've started taking medicine, so now the bills will be rolling in. I was surprised at how much has been covered at this point anyway, but those bills are going to be ouchie.

Hope everyone is hanging in there! We're half way through the week.

27. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Happygal: until I either get a BFN or when they tell me to stop about 8-10weeks PG

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee