Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 12/12

1. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@pui: yay!!!

2. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@pui: I'm going to be ever the optimist and say that you'll either get AF or by then Hopefully the Metformin and your new diet is doing the trick! Do you feel any better?

3. pui

bananas / 9899 posts

@Mrs.Someone: I feel a little better, I guess. I feel loads better right now, lol.

4. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@pui: OMG finally!! That's great news!

5. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@pui: Yea Yea yea! This is GREAT news for a Friday!

So what are your next steps?

6. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

@pui: That's awesome! Great news!!!!

7. pui

bananas / 9899 posts

@T.H.O.U.: The RE is closed from December 24th to January 1st, so I have to wait until January 2nd, when I will probably start provera. When I get AF, we'll start my first monitored and medicated cycle!!

8. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

Welp we had our first set of labs today. They took about 9 vials of blood plus a urine sample from me and a semen sample from DH, who was NOT happy about the situation. Been cold, hungry, thirsty, and tired all day, so I figure its the bloodletting. Supposed to have an HSG done next but my period is super irregular, so let's see when that happens.

9. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@pui: Yeahhhhh!!!!! Finally!

10. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@gingerbebe: Yikes, thats a ton of blood! Make sure to drink lots of water and take it easy if you're not feeling well...

11. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Anything exciting? We got Rose Bowl tickets so we have a slightly impromptu vacation to CA coming at the end of the month.

Otherwise? I made a consultation with my doctor for the end of February. That gives me two more cycles between now and then. I was confident and then picked up my progesterone RX and saw the "1 refill remaining" and had a little moment of panic. I'm just nervous about the whole appointment. I also reached out to an acupuncturist nearby to possibly explore that.

12. mrs bunchy

kiwi / 533 posts

Lots of exciting things !! We are currently in Utah visiting friends. Snowmobiled today and are staying in a cabin overnight again. We also put our house up for sale before we left and have already had 2 showings!

AF should be here Sunday.. We shall see what happens. Something tells me she will show her ugly ugly face tomorrow. She's just rude like that.

In that case, got my clomid 100mg refill so I would be ready..

13. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

Most of my results came back from the lab testing. Everything on my end looks normal so far, but DH's sperm is a little off. His motility isn't totally out of range, but they aren't as active as we would have wanted. (10% rapid, 25% slow, 40% immotile, 25% nonprogressive). More troubling is that his sperm pH is 8.3, when its supposed to be around 7.2-7.8. We'll see what the doctor says I guess. Anyone else's DH have high sperm pH? If so, how'd you bring it down?

14. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@pui: Yay, I am so happy to hear that for you! What a great way to start off 2014!

15. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@SunshineMcC: I had that happen to us last IUI she had to use like a cotton swab to clear the way....lo, blahhhh...ahahahah

16. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@gingerbebe: Did they test for the presence of WBCs? Sometimes that can affect the pH and subsequently the motility.

17. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@spaniellove: The WBC count was listed as "few." I read that if you have an elevated pH and WBC present, it could indicate an infection, but without WBC, its something else. DH is on Prilosec for acid reflux, so I wonder if that is lowering the acidity in his body.

18. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

DH is so weirdly cute sometimes. 2 years ago we had our first MC and before we lost the baby, I bought this 5-pack of Aden & Anais swaddles. It was the first and only baby-related thing I bought (other than maternity jeans) and by the time it arrived, we'd lost the baby. DH waited for the package and hid it in a closet where I couldn't see it, even though I knew it was there. Fast forward a year and one of my best friends gets pregnant. I tell DH we should send the blankets as a baby gift, because its like the best thing to give someone. He gets all squirmy and says he kinda wants to keep them around because "we're going to get pregnant as soon as we give those blankets away." So we kept them, still in the box they were mailed in, and took them with us when we moved. Fast forward now 2 years, 2 miscarriages, and an infertility referral later. DH's brother and SIL are pregnant and we'll be seeing them for Christmas this week. We're leaving in the morning and as I'm packing, I ask DH if we should take the blankets with us to give to them as a gift. He gets all weird again and says he still wants to keep them. "You know we're just going to give those blankets away and then find out we're pregnant." DH is really not that sentimental and doesn't care about STUFF at all, so the fact that he wants to hold onto these blankets is super cute. So I guess we're going to have to buy OTHER blankets and give them to the happy couple.

19. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

I'm starting to slowly come out of my funk, so I think I'll be rejoining the infertility check in! Yay!

Most exciting thing that happened this week: I had two interviews with my company, but I already found out I didn't get the one position. That's ok tho because the other position is where I really want to be and I feel I did really well in my interview. I should know by the end of this week.

Updates: nothing really exciting, I decided to stop charting since I am definitely Oing around the same time each month and it's just driving me crazy. DH starts his new job next month which means new insurance that will cover infertility diagnostics, which means I should get to do my HSG in January. So happy to FINALLY progress in our diagnosis!

20. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@Mrs. Polish: OMG a crawler? He'll be finding all sorts of fun stuff to get into.

@pui: So glad the rubella nonsense is behind you and you get to move forward.

@gingerbebe: ugh, I had 5 vials at my first blood draw. I felt awful. But 9!!! Also, the blanket thing is so cute, it's nice he wants to hold on to them.

@LindsayInNY: I freaked out before our RE consultation, I was sobbing in the car telling DH I was sure we could do it alone. I get the panic, it's really hard to make that step, but you'll be so glad you did.

21. pui

bananas / 9899 posts

@gingerbebe: Aw that is so sweet!!

22. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@macintosh: that's so exciting you'll be starting ivf! Good luck!

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Your mood sounds like mind has been the last several weeks. It sucks doesn't it? I hope you snap out of it soon. Awesome news with the cupcake customer!

23. doxielove

persimmon / 1388 posts

Officially outing myself as a lurker/follower! I'm in the middle of cycle 12 TTC so I guess I technically belong here...I just don't feel ready yet!

24. Mrs. Jump Rope

blogger / coconut / 8306 posts

Had bloodwork yesterday and today. I ovulated today! I start progesterone on Wednesday. I had two mature follicles and one small one. Eek!

25. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@MrsTal: yay glad you're back
    @doxielove: hi!
    @Mrs. Jump Rope: happy TWW! Hope it goes by quickly with the holidays in the middle of it.

26. Mrs. Jump Rope

@Shutterbug: thanks! Today is O day so tomorrow will be my TWW! Whoop whoop!

27. pui

bananas / 9899 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: Fingers crossed!!

28. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@doxielove: welcome! Both happy and sad you are here, if you get what I mean.

29. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@doxielove: Not sure anyone can ever really feel "ready".

30. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: best of luck to you

31. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: I think we might be 2WW twins? my O date/IUI was yesterday!

I'm delurking myself on here - I'm mostly on the POAS board but feel like some of the things I have to share are more for the IF crowd! (for example was laughing at earlier posts about nurses saying funny things during IUI because yesterday the NP kept telling me "wow this cervix is really ripe")

my quick back story is PCOS and history of CPs. we are working on LO#2 and this is our first medicated cycle (since 2011) after another CP. did Clomid+trigger+IUI and I'm feeling hopeful at 1dpo! only 1 mature follicle at trigger but hoping we can catch it.

32. Mrs. Jump Rope

@bhbee: Good luck to you!!

33. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@gingerbebe: that is so sweet, indeed! I always find it interesting how my DH will out of the blue share something or do something in this process that reminds me he's dealing with it too!! I know we're in it together, but a lot of times I feel like brunt of it is on me. Does that make sense?

@mrsbunchy: I love that you call AF "rude like that"! I feel the same way! I have my hcg test in 2 days but am already cramping so thinking that she's coming back this month. She's such a meanie!!!

@mrstal: good luck with the interview!!

@doxielove & @bhbee: glad you outted yourself. I think you'll find an amazingly supportive group of ladies here ready to share, support and cheer you along your journey. Hugs!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee