Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 7/31

1. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@LindsayInNY: I hope they don't cancel the cycle but if they do it will be because you would just be throwing money away on an IUI. I never had a history of cysts either but everyone reacts differently to Clomid/Femera

2. winter_wonder

persimmon / 1479 posts

Tested this morning and I can't say I'm surprised. I guess it's on to the next IUI......

Good luck to the rest of you ladies!

3. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@winter_wonder: I'm sorry How many DPO/IUI are you?

4. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Tomorrow is a GO!! Nurse called, told me I'm surging (duh, like I can't tell?!) and gave me the option of BDing still (since we did last night) or IUI tomorrow. Seriously? I've already spent $200 on this cycle and BDing clearly isn't doing it for us! So IUI is tomorrow morning at the crack of dawn!

5. winter_wonder

persimmon / 1479 posts

@LindsayInNY: Today is 14 days after the IUI I'm going to request more monitoring with the next IUI in hopes that the timing might be a bit better (charting indicates I may have O'd before the IUI ).

Anyway, good luck to you tomorrow !!!!

6. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@winter_wonder: How was the monitoring this time? Ironic because I was thinking today that my RE almost over monitors but I guess in same cases it's a good thing? And thank you

7. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

@bluestriped bee: FX for you!!! Have a fabulous time at Disney!!!

@PurplePumps: $1500 is still a lot of money, and I am with you, unexpected extra costs are the worst! Sorry you didn't get the news you hoped for!

@alohaorchid: So glad you are feeling a bit better! Have a great time in Vegas! I love Vegas! So much fun!

@mrs bunchy: Grow little one!!!

@winter_wonder: Sorry about your BFN!

@LindsayInNY: Good luck with your IUI! So glad your cycle wasn't cancelled!

Well AF FINALLY arrived last night so I start BCP on Sunday. My RE's nurse also called and asked if we could move our retrieval up to the week of September 15th. I said that was fine on the phone but then I had a really weird anxiety type reaction when I hung up. I think it's because I am trying really hard to lose 10-15 lbs. before this next cycle and that means I have 2 weeks less to do it. I don't HAVE to lose that weight to move forward, but it was a goal I set for myself. At any rate, it's still good to move forward!

8. winter_wonder

persimmon / 1479 posts

@LindsayInNY: There was virtually no monitoring. Since I've gotten positive opks before my RE told me to just call in and schedule an IUI after my first positive opk.

I'm wondering if I just O'd really quickly this month- maybe due to the Letrozole? I have no idea but anyway, I figure more monitoring is better so I don't feel like I'm throwing money away!

@sunshine1810 thank you

9. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@winter_wonder: That's totally possible. I was on Clomid and start Oing on CD15. Naturally (on my own), I typically get a +OPK around CD18-19 so Clomid moved it up for me.

10. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@winter_wonder: Letrozle was unpredictable for me but definitely possible to O really early. The first time I didn't O until CD27, and the second time I O'ed CD13, earliest I've ever O'd. Even on Clomid it was typically 18-19.

11. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

Feeling a bit down this weekend. DH has been grumpy all week and AF is due early next week. I have no clue how to keep myself preoccupied before the results appointment, or if DH will even be in a better mood before then.

Just wanted to vent.

12. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winter_wonder: I'm sorry!

@LindsayInNY: Best of luck tomorrow!!!

13. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

BFP
    Faithfertility: Due Date 12/17, saw heartbeat 5/1!
    LittleK
    Bhbee: saw heartbeat 5/22!
    Catchafallingstar: EDD 1/15/15
    EmilyE: BFP 5/12, saw sac on 5/20, beta #1: 79, beta #2: 226, beta#3
    TheReelDeal
    Happygal: BFP 5/15 beta #1: 36, beta #2: 238
    PastaAndPotato: BFP beta #1: 9.4, beta #2: 151, beta #3: 456!
    Snowdrop
    MrsTal: EDD: 2/7, Beta#1: 26, Beta #2: 89
    Mrs Bunchy: BFP 7/8/14, Beta #1: 44.2 Beta #2: 324, u/s 7/18
    Boopers: BFP 7/23

Hanging Out
    Mrs. Polish: 6 month wait list for new doctor
    Septca
    Mrs. Piñata: using some essential oils and Vitex; seeing chiropractor and Naturopath; re-evaluating in Sept/Oct
    Leialou
    doxielove
    Kelli_Deluxe
    CupQuakeWalk
    PurplePumps: unmedicated cycle, then start IVF next cycle
    AmeliaBedilia
    lazypanda
    alohaorchid
    FliegepilzHut
    GreenThumb

TWW
    Winter_Wonder: Femara, IUI#1
    BeeBee: Femara, ovidrel, IUI #1
    babycanuck
    travelgirl1
    Mrs.Pinecone316: IVF
    MrsWin: IVF, transferred 1 embryo, POAS 8/4
    bluestripedbee: Femara IUI POAS 8/13

Treatments/Tests/Appointments
    Jenn23: ER 8/2 or 8/3
    Shutterbug: waiting for results
    Just_Ju: moving onto IVF in August (yay insurance!)
    Macintosh: start stims on 8/3, ER 8/14 for IVF with ICSI
    babycanuck: 7DPO progesterone test on 7/30, results appt with dr on 8/12
    Robyn_ZA: lap on 7/16, IVF consult 7/29
    Warbler: will be setting up appt with RE for IVF with ICSI
    owlteach: RE appt 8/18
    Kelli_Deluxe: looking for new RE in AZ
    LindsayInNY: Clomid, IUI 8/2
    Kelli_Deluxe: lap 9/19, clomid IUI in October
    Mrs Bunchy: 3rd u/s on 7/29
    lazypanda: next step/IVF consult with RE 8/18
    CupQuakeWalk: IUI at the end of August, TI with Clomid until then
    TheSwissWifeStyle: on injectables
    Sunshine1810: started BCP, ER 9/15

Life & Updates
    alohaorchid: brand new house being built, new job, vegas trip
    doxielove: house hunting in the fall
    Sunshine1810: new golden puppy Isis!
    Boopers: new job!
    TheSwissWifeStyle: getting new tattoo of koi and lotus
    owlteach: Europe 2016 with students
    bluestripedbee: Disney World in August!
    Kelli_Deluxe: seeing DH during long weekend and in September during fertile window before deployment; moving to AZ
    PurplePumps: FL trip!

14. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@winter_wonder: I'm sorry. BFNs suck! I do hope you are able to get closer monitoring. My RE doesn't require that I use OPKs cuz they aren't always accurate for me.

@bluestriped bee: yay for having the backup! FX that this is it!

@LindsayInNY: good luck tomorrow! It'll be over before you know it! :good luck:

@babycanuck: I'm sorry you're feeling that way. Vent away…

I always imagined myself working in the field that I am in, but with a PhD. I'm definitely glad that I have a more versatile degree as my graduate degree has opened many opportunities for me. I've enjoyed each of the jobs I have had thus far, although it does get difficult at times. But the small successes make up for the difficult times.

15. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

So, blerg. Had my scan at 8:45am, and I only had 1 follicle Wtf? It was 20mm so they triggered me while I was there. We're to DTD today and tomorrow. Test date on Aug 18th. The ICs I offered definitely aren't here yet either. I might try to find a local site I can get them from. Blah! If not successful this month, they'll up my dosage.
    ETA: I'm on CD 10, so at least my cycle will be nice and short, right?

16. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

*That was supposed to say ordered, not offered. I ordered them on amazon UK.

17. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

IUI done! It was easy peasy too. Honestly, I thought a Pap smear was more uncomfortable! I go back in two weeks to test, if necessary.

18. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@LindsayInNY: Awesome!!!! I agree with the pap smear being worse!!!!!! Prayers and best of luck to you

19. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: I'm sorry, but you still have a great chance!!!

20. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@babycanuck: Hope your DH is feeling better soon, work stress can be so hard to deal with.

@winter_wonder: Sorry about the BFN

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Sorry that you only had 1 follicle, FX that this cycle works for you. Hopefully your HPTs will show up soon!

@LindsayInNY: Glad to hear your IUI went well. I had the same experience with my IUI's being less painful than a pap

21. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

AF has arrived and I left a message for the RE saying I'll come in starting day 3 again for monitoring. They didn't tell me to come again this cycle, but they didn't say not to, so I'll err on the side of caution.

@LindsayInNY:

22. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@FaithFertility: @mrswin: , thanks, I hope so!

23. Mrs. Pinata

blogger / pear / 1563 posts

Hi all! Sorry I've been so absent! Mr. P and I were out of town for a couple of weeks with unreliable internet, and then I've been trying to fast from the media (although not as successful as I would have liked). And this may sound selfish, but it was kind of hard for me to see so many BFPs on here when we've been trying for so long.

Anyway, I will be returning to the Dr. later this month and re-testing some stuff later this month, so I'm glad we'll hopefully figure out exactly what's going on with me.

But, unfortunately I may not be in here much anymore. It's AWESOME to see so many BFPs! But, it can be hard to know that we're on the extremely stubborn side of the IF spectrum. But, best of luck to all of you! I hope you ALL get BFPs soon! Hugs to you all!

24. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Mrs. Pinata: Prayers and best of luck in your journey! I pray it ends soon!!!!!!

25. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@Mrs. Pinata: I get it.

26. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: It only takes one Sending you good thoughts.

27. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@sweetooth: thank you!

28. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: FX that it just takes that one!

@Mrs. Pinata: I can see your point & have had those thoughts myself at times (although I cannot completely understand your feelings as my journey has been short compared to yours). I would say that I have found this thread incredibly supportive & am hoping that one day I will get that same BFP/non chemical pregnancy experience. I do hope you'll stick around & lurk even. Sending lots of positive thoughts & vibes your way!

29. Mrs. Pinata

@lazypanda: You're so sweet! Thanks! I Hope you get your BFP soon! That's the tricky part. I want EVERYONE to get their BFPs, so when they do I'm so happy for them, yet it's hard when it seems so far away for us. I KNOW we will be so grateful for how our family turns out, but sometimes in the meantime I feel like I just have to not focus on it and instead watch a lot of Netflix (ha!) or another more productive hobby.

30. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

Do you guys think I O'd when FF said I did? ON the day of the trigger? Is it possible I O'd on my own before the trigger? Or do you think I O'd yesterday?

Sorry if the pic is huge!

31. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: I totally think it's possible you O'd or naturally surged to O! Don't take my word as I don't chart my bbt, I think there are lots of other ladies (@septca:) who are better at reading those charts! FX for you!

32. Mrs.Pinecone316

persimmon / 1316 posts

@Mrs. Pinata: I understand the need to take a break from these forums sometimes. I have had to do that on and off over my TTC/infertility course. Sometimes it is better to not have to think about all this stuff everyday and keep occupied elsewhere. Just do what bring the most happiness and peace into your life, we are always here when you need us:) Hoping you get some answers later this month and come up with new plan to help you get your bfp.

33. Mrs. Pinata

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Based on that chart I would say that ovulation occurred on the 4th. BUT, temp charts can only confirm that you DID ovulate, but they can't necessarily determine the day.

34. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: It's definitely possible that you started surging on your own before the trigger. That's what happened with me and I didn't even need the trigger. What happens if you put a fake temperature in for tomorrow? Does that change your O date on FF?

35. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Did you have an HCG trigger? It can skew your chart, I was told by my ND to override my FF ovulation date to whatever the RE says because it metabolizes really quickly. It could be that you were already surging and they added the trigger to boost it.

36. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@Mrs. Pinata: true!
    @LindsayInNY: no, it doesn't change.
    @mrswin: yes, I had the hcg trigger. How does your re determine the override date?

37. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: I was being monitored for IUI so I was having daily ultrasounds. The day after my IUI I would go back for an ultrasound to confirm I ovulated.

38. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@mrswin: ah, OK! Well anywho, guess we'll see what happens or doesn't happen.

39. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: You still got O and O+1 so I wouldn't count yourself out!

40. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

I have a career, though I am on "summer break." I quit my old, stressful, inflexible job and starting my new one in two weeks. This one is more flexible with a positive work environment. It will be much better for kids.

After my last cycle (the only probably anovulatory cycle), my projected fertile window moved to right before my girls trip, rather than during. I was going to NTNP since I have a conference around the due date for this cycle, but gosh darn it, I'm so tired of TTC that in the unlikely chance of a BFP, we will figure it out. I didn't use preseed or conceive plus early on, but then used it closer to likely O. I usually O CD15, but not sure when since acupuncture. If it was CD15, that was the day before I left, and we had good timing. If much later, then we won't have much chance. I had a terrible migraine 2 days after acupuncture (I rarely get them and this is the third time it happened), so I am probably going to back off that. The first time with this acupuncturist (last cycle) she helped me spleen meridian (one of the three fertility ones) and it has been staying. I hope that makes the difference. I am getting really frustrated/discouraged and want this phase to be over! We are starting to talk about femara if things don't happen soon.

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee