Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 8/14

1. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@alohaorchid: Thanks, I am feeling better. I have a fun week planned out this week

@lazypanda: the avocado and stuff sound like a good idea. Maybe even a nutritional drink like boost to supplement? I dunno, I'm always trying to lose weight, so...! lol

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I'm putting together a very informal survey for my blog about what it's like dealing with IF, and how it might affect you in different parts of the world. If anyone would like to participate, please wall me

2. alohaorchid

persimmon / 1404 posts

@Leialou: I had to gain some weight about 10 years ago and I saw a nutritionist. They recommended two glasses of chocolate milk every day in addition to a high calorie diet. Depending on the amount of weight that needs to be gained, sometimes the high fat, high calorie food is just the easiest way to go about it.

3. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@PurplePumps: I'm excited that you're getting started so soon! If you don't mind me asking, which protocol are you doing?

@lazypanda: That sounds like a really good plan! Will you wait until you've gained a bit of weight to start back into IUI? Hopefully, it will only take 1 or 2 more tries for your !

@alohaorchid: Thank you! The weekend actually turned out to be a little rough, but I'm feeling much better now.

@sweetooth: I hope your SHG goes very well today! And thanks for the good thoughts!

@LindsayInNY: Sending lots of hugs and good luck your way!

4. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@FliegepilzHut: We're doing an antagonist with Ganirelix and Gonal-F

5. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@PurplePumps: Cool. I don't know that much about the antagonist protocols, but figured that might be it, since there's some flex in your stim start date. I'll be thinking of you!

6. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@alohaorchid: I'm a tiny person too and my doctor had my mom giving me protein shakes daily in high school. The only way I've been able to keep weight on is weight training.

7. CupQuakeWalk

coconut / 8475 posts

@LindsayInNY: I don't have a diagnosis. They know my thyroid is elevated (on meds for that), they know I am insulin resistant (meds for that), they also know that I have a very slightly misshapen uterus, but we're not doing anything about it because I have had a successful pregnancy and live birth before, so obviously it is inhabitable. He told me I do have PCOS but he said it is so mild (I am healthy weight, no excessive hair growth, no high prolactin levels..) that he doesn't think it is solely responsible for my IF. As far as it being my first IUI, it is. We had one scheduled for last cycle, but me and DH were at our wits' end and reallly reallly needed a break, so we went overseas for a couple weeks. I took my thyroid meds and metformin, but nothing else in terms of fertility.

@lazypanda: What cycle days does he recommend you take your high dose of Lez? I was told that if I don't respond to my current (low dose) that we would do a higher dose for the 1st 7 days of my cycle and then back to my low dose for the rest of cycle.
    Also, as far as the icecream being cold goes...could you do like, a really fattening pot pie? Or mac n cheese?

8. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@lazypanda: I have 5-10 lbs I could give you?! (Why can't it work that way, LOL!)

9. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@LindsayInNY: if life worked that way it would be amazing!

10. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Yup, I'm looking forward to eating avocados daily! If I could have avocado shakes daily, I'd probably end up with a food/drink coma! Oh, and I'd be interested in helping you out regarding IF experiences.

@alohaorchid: Chocolate milk sounds delicious! I used to drink chocolate soy milk daily, but then stopped after the first year of TTC after reading how it may impact fertility. I hope your TWW is going smoothly…do you think you'll test or just wait till AF is overdue?

@FliegepilzHut: Thanks! RE said I can start my next cycle on meds especially since I'm already seeing my acupuncturist and increasing my daily caloric intake. DH said he needed to get me fat so after dinner we went to a dessert place for some eggettes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eggette). I'm still secretly (well not so secret now) that I am able to get pregnant while I've been on this break. I'm glad to read that you are feeling better after this weekend (what you had posted in another thread). When do you get the results for testing of the fetal tissue?

@PurplePumps: Good luck with the stims!

@Leialou: What type of weight training do you do? I had been interested in this, but then I got too lazy (hence my username). I used to do weights when I was more active in high school, college, grad school, and the first few years post grad school, but then my periods were all over the place. I was also engaging in more "extreme" sports like snowboarding and white water rafting but stopped doing that once we started TTC.

@CupQuakeWalk: RE said that they would have me do high dose Letrozole for the first 10 days, then have me go in for CD 13 u/s to check on the follicle size, if they aren't big enough it may be continuing letrozole and EOD u/s to monitor the progress. Since I don't know if I'll respond to it, and having to take EOD off of work to be monitored, I opted to go with the clomid/IUI cycles again because we know I respond to that like clockwork and would only be taking 2 days off (cd13 for follicle check and trigger shot day, then cd15 IUI). I hope letrozole works for you though!

@LindsayInNY: Seriously, I am more than happy to take on the pounds, but it just doesn't work for me. Instead of gaining the freshman 15, I gained the freshman 25 in the first quarter of college (of course I started college as a 5'4", 95 lb toothpick ). The weight didn't stay on for that long cuz I'm not a really big drinker and was still pretty active in college (running, but on the treadmill or track). I think I'll start tracking how many lbs I gain on a weekly basis due to DH trying to "fatten" me up.

Since I can't access HB from work, and only from my phone, if anyone wants to start tomorrow's thread, please feel free to do so! Otherwise, if I don't see anything up at lunch (PST, between 3-4 pm EST), then I'll create the thread.

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee