Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF check in - 8/22

1. TheReelDeal

kiwi / 742 posts

@macintosh: I hope everything goes well at your appointment and with DH.

I've decided to sit the next couple of cycles out. I'm going to take BCP (which feels horrible and counterproductive to my PCOS) but I don't want to even think about pregnancy. I'm also going to start acupuncture and really try to get my mind body connection going.

2. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@Happygal: Sorry I didn't see the wall post until now... I will get back to you.

@macintosh: I hope your appointment goes well and I agree that it is probably best right now to go by yourself. I really hope that they are able to come up with a plan for you.

3. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@macintosh: hang in there, lady. Everything you do to get him and you healthy brings you closer to your ultimate goal. I hope that your appointment is really productive, and that you are able to get some rest and recover. You guys have been under a tremendous amount of stress. I hope that you can find time to take care of you very soon.

@TheReelDeal: thinking of you. I hope that you can center and take really great care of yourself over the next few cycles. Hugs, lady

4. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@macintosh: good luck at your appointment today, and I hope your DH is doing ok!

@TheReelDeal: to you, lady. I hope this little break really helps you feel refreshed and positive. Please stick around if you feel up to it, HB can still be supportive for non-TTC things!

5. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

I had my IUI this morning. The nurse today was fabulous, and she found my cervix in about 8 seconds (compared to the 10 minutes of digging last cycle - ouch) and DH's sample was great - 54.8M. I'm feeling really hopeful this time around, so far.

6. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@Shutterbug: So happy to hear that your IUI went well. It makes such a difference when you have someone who is good at doing it!

7. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@TheReelDeal: @Shutterbug: @mrswin: Thanks for the encouragement!

I'm about to leave for my appointment and NOW I'm getting nervous. I should be used to all this medical stuff now, so I don't know why. I've even been giving DH blood thinner injections so I know I can totally do my own trigger shots

8. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Shutterbug: YAY!! Good luck, lady!

9. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

I'm back from my first appointment and I'm both excited and nervous. The doc seemed concerned about our situation given my husband's medical issues. He flat out asked me "are you sure you want to get pregnant right now?" I said maybe not RIGHT now, but definitely in the near future.

He did seem very confident that the urologist he referred us to will be able to get sperm from DH using electroejaculation. He said we would need to do IVF with ICSI and that his success rate is 50% (that seems kind of high?).

Then they decided to give me the first round of tests since I'm on CD 2. I had a vaginal ultrasound and the tech showed me my ovaries and my follicles (yay!). She did notice something in my uterus that may indicate a septum. The doc wants me to go to his other office next week to have a 3D HSG to see what is actually is. He said that if it is a septum they can remove it surgically

They also took a bunch of blood and a urine sample. They gave me a prescription for Femcon (BCP) to suppress ovulation while they do testing and he wants me to take a supplement called DHEA. I have never heard of this - has anyone tried it?

I was happy to hear that I have some options too. We can do the electroejaculation several times if necessary and freeze the sperm. Then I could do a IVF cycle and either transfer then or freeze all the embryos for later FET. I'm really hoping the uterine septum doesn't turn out to be a big deal...

10. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@macintosh: wow, I'm glas DH is ok!! I'm glad you are srill going to your RE! There are many things you can do to get started, HSG, blood work, US and such, make suee to fill them in on DH condition! Best of luck to you, and remember thus
    You may not be there today, but your closer than you were yesterday :))))

11. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@Happygal: I just saw your question! I'm sorry! I took my last injection yesterday. I'm so happy to be through!

@Shutterbug: that all sounds really promising! Good luck!

I had my egg retrieval this morning. I'm glad it's over because I was so nervous. I wish it was already tomorrow so I can get my fertilization report!

12. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Happygal: IUI was perfect easy and everything looked great, I'm feelong great and trying to just let it be...lol yeah right! I'll find out 9/7

13. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Leialou: Good Luck to you.

14. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@TheReelDeal: I hope the break helps you as we'll as the acupuncture.

@macintosh: It sounds like your appointment went well, which is awesome. It's getting me pumped for my first appointment.

@Shutterbug: The IUI sounds promising! FX for you.

15. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@Macintosh: wow, what an intense couple of days! I hope your husband is doing better.So scary. I'm glad to hear things at the RE were positive. That's great!

@Shutterbug:glad you avoided digging of the cervix (ouch!) this go round. I'm hopeful for you, too.

@TheReelDeal: have you done acupuncture before? I really liked it, but couldn't afford to keep it up on a weekly basis. It's wonderful.

16. littleredhairedgrl

persimmon / 1135 posts

hi ladies, had my procedure done on tuesday under general anesthesia and my RE says my tubes are clear and lining is good so now he has me on birth control until next sunday, and then we go in for an ultrasound and to start femara again. and then hopefully our first IUI the following week. happy that everything looks good, just in pain now from the procedure and hoping that we are on our way towards the end of this stressful journey.

@thereeldeal i started acupuncture at few months ago and really love it so far. i cannot say that it has helped me with my infertility, but it has helped me stay calm and at peace with whatever comes our way (for the most part :))

fx for you @shutterbug !

17. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@littleredhairedgrl: that's great!! I'm so glad you were able to get it done, and especially that your tubes are clear. I hope your first IUI also ends up being your last!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee