Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check in 8/29

1. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@spaniellove: oh gosh, can't anything be easy for you? I'm so sorry you're stuck in beta hell. 12 dpo is really early though, and 18 is way above 5, so I think it's just early. Crossings all my fingers and toes for you! When's the next beta?

2. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@spaniellove: my 11dpo beta was 7.8!! I almost had a heart attack,but it went up! Thinking everything sticky and doubling for you!! When is the next one?

3. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@Shutterbug: @LovelyPlum: Not until Tuesday since Monday is a holiday. It's hard knowing that it could either go up or down and I just have no idea. I can't believe this is happening again.

4. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

@spaniellove: NOOOOOOO!!!! I am so sorry. 12dpo is still really early we tested at 16dpo (in theory 11dp5dt) and we had a low beta which was ultimately unsuccessful. But I read all of the stories and there are many great success stories that start there. Beta hell is the absolute worst!

5. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@spaniellove: Beta hell should be abolished some way...the waiting is just awful. I'm choosing to believe for you...come on baby, grow, grow, grow!!

6. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@spaniellove: It's low but not a bad sign yet. Mine at 12dpo (and this was with knowing exactly when we ovulated) was in the low 30s. I'll be praying for a big jump for you when you get your results on Tuesday!

7. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@brownie: @LovelyPlum: I really really want to believe. I want to.

8. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@marionberry: Thank you - I have been praying for you to have a smooth and easy ECV Tuesday!! You were one of our first grads from this thread!

9. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

@spaniellove: I know. I was there too. The best thing right now is that it is really early still. So there truly is hope and you should count anything out until the next beta. I knew in my heart the results of my last one. I knew before we went even though I tried to convince myself it wasn't.

10. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@spaniellove: with my second loss, I am pretty sure I knew things weren't going to get better. With this baby, I had no idea...when they called with a number of 53.3 three days later, I cried on the phone, I was so happy. I didnt know what to think. I felt different, but I was so convinced I was just doomed to early losses that it probably would not go up. I'm so hopeful this one is it for you.

11. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@spaniellove: Thank you hun! It'll be an important Tuesday for both of us, hopefully with both of us having positive outcomes. And I may be a grad, but once an IF'er, I feel like always an IF'er. It's like a special club you don't want to be in, but once you are, you're a member for life (in a good way, as in we're a tight family).

12. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

What cycle are you on/how long have you been TTC?
    9 months since DH's accident

What are your plans for this cycle?
    I'm supposed to be getting all the diagnostic testing done for myself this cycle. I got an ultrasound at my first visit last week that indicated a possible uterine septum. I was supposed to go for an HSG this week, but the clinic hasn't returned my call to schedule it. They put me on BCP so I'm kind of annoyed.

How is your attitude/outlook?
    Not great. DH has a blood clot in his leg and a lot of medication changes that have make him tired and very irritable. Last week was awful. I'm really hoping thinks improve with him. I can't get excited about the possibility of having a baby when DH is being so difficult.

What have you struggled with most this week?
    DH's mood swings. I'm also worried about surgery if I is determined that I do have a septum.

What is your diagnosis?
    MF - anejaculaton

What are you Labor Day plans? Outside of the US: What's up this weekend?
    We did nothing special. We're trying to recover from last week still.

13. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

To add insult to injury, the nurse who called to tell me my beta was negative had the nerve to argue with me about how "it was just a chemical" and doesn't really count as any kind of m/c, even though every RE has told me chemicals are a m/c too, just an early one. This is the same nurse who totally screwed up my chart recently and blasted me when I tried to correct it - the RE finally noticed it and fixed it. I LOVED how she tried to play doctor and said that since they didn't document a mature egg that must have been the reason...of course they didn't! They missed three days in a row of monitoring! Sorry. I'm just angry about how she handled it.

14. justdarling

apricot / 452 posts

@spaniellove: I am so sorry this happened to you! You have been through so much!!! It sounds like this nurse should be fired!!!

15. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

@spaniellove: I am so sorry. We just went through a chemical pregnancy. And when you bleed it is definitely NOT the same. I had the worst cramps on day one and clots. But it does mean you can get pregnant even if the sticky wasn't there. I have also heard and pinned my hopes on the cycle after being more fertile because your body knows what to do. Good luck in the future.

16. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@spaniellove: It's so infuriating when nurses do not choose their words wisely. Any woman dealing with infertility does not need to be told what she said to you. UGH! I would love to slap her silly.

SO many HUGS to you...

17. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@spaniellove: I'm so sorry you're going through this again, and f*#% that nurse! she should find a new line of work.

18. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@spaniellove: I want to punch her for you. What a jerk. Who is she to say whether it "counts" or not??? I would raise hell about her to whoever would listen. That is such an awful, insensitive thing to say to a person, especially someone who just had a loss. I mean, really. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

19. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@spaniellove: ugh, what a b*tch. I had an RE tell me that my early m/c didn't count except for coding purposes. I wanted to punch her. I don't care how far along I was, the hurt was just the same. I hope you're taking care of yourself, we're here for you.

20. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@Mrs.Someone: Before I started TTC I didn't know what to think so I tried to pass off the first m/c as "just whatever, you know, a chemical, not a m/c". The OB corrected me and said that is a m/c and I need to count it as one. The first RE also counted it as a pregnancy and a m/c (to the point that they diagnosed us with secondary infertility and kept asking about our child), and at our current clinic two different REs counted it as a m/c no matter how many times I explained so that nurse can shove it.

(I'm wishing now that I'd just answered that my child is furry and pants a lot.)

21. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@spaniellove: I would definitely complain to a doctor about that nurse. Clearly she has an attitude with you and continues to show that attitude. (First time, i would let her slide but if it continiues... hell no! Especially since I'm paying out of pocket.) I would go as far to think she should be fired but should definitely be reprimanded or at least have a course in IF etiquette 101.

22. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@spaniellove: Talk about "adding insult to injury." I can't believe she spoke that way to you. I would definitely express a complaint to the dr. or office manager. I am so sorry you had to deal with her at such a difficult time. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

23. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

@spaniellove: I am SO sorry for your loss and that you are going through all this! I hate that you had to deal with that awful nurse as well! Don't listen to her! My RE's office has a horrible nurse too. You would think that they would have more compentent, understanding nurses in these positions given all that their patients are going through. I don't get it.

24. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@spaniellove: ughhh my heart hurts for you I'm so sorry that nurse has no heart!

25. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@spaniellove: I agree with the other ladies, that nurse sucks and should probably be in a different line of work! I'm sorry for your loss.

26. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@spaniellove: I'm in agreement with the other ladies. I'd definitely say something to the office manager. This nurse needs to stop pretending she's the doctor and needs to keep her negative comments to herself. I'm sorry Hun!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee