Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check in - 9/12

1. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@alie: the first one is totally the worst because you build it up to be way scarier than it is. I'm glad it was ok for you! Good luck with the IUI tomorrow!

2. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

Its been a little slow around here lately, how is everyone doing?

I finally decided today to go to an IF Support Meetup in my area. I've been hemming and hawing for a week or so, not sure if I wanted to give myself an emotional night, but I decided to try it out. Anyone else do something like this IRL?

3. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@Mrs.Someone: how was your meeting? I have attended a therapist led group for about six months. It has been a great resource for me, but I cry a lot at my meetings. My group has had some graduates, which gives me so much hope!

4. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@kentuckygirl: I guess I wasn't clear in my note, its tonight! I'll update how it went tomorrow. I imagine there will be crying, I just hope its not from me... This one is lead by an IF veteran who is now a "coach". Hoping it isn't just a pitch to get herself clients... Glad you've had a good experience with your group!

5. fairefaire

kiwi / 526 posts

@Mrs.Someone: Let us know how it goes! How did you find the group? I'm not sure where to even look to see if something like that is available locally... I'm sure it is, I just don't know where.

6. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@alie: Will do! I found it by accident. I was browsing some page on FB (don't remember which, I don't "like" anything IF for privacy reasons), and saw a post by the Meetup creator.

7. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Thought I would share!!!!

8. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Thought I would share!!!!

9. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Mrs.Someone: what a great way to let off some steam and chat

10. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

Ahh, 3 people backed out today! It's down to 3 of us plus the facilitator. I'm tempted to back out too, but I know that would be mean. I hope the others all show up!

11. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@Mrs.Someone: I joined the meetup group but couldn't go to tonight's meeting. I'm currently at the San Fran airport waiting for my flight back to Seattle.

12. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@bluestriped bee: I saw you joined! I'll let you know how it goes. If you're curious which one I am, I'm wearing a salmon sweater in my profile photo Have a nice flight!

13. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@Mrs.Someone: was thinking about you and wondering how the meeting went last night. Did you find it helpful?

14. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@Happygal: I was going to wait for the weekly post, but I guess I'll update anyway. I'm glad I went! It ended up being just 3 of us plus the facilitator (IF veteran). It was mostly unstructured, we started with telling our stories, then it led to discussions and questions. We probably could've stayed for a few more hours if we had the time! Nice group of women, I'd like to continue going if it works out.

15. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@Mrs.Someone: that's so great! I'm glad you went and that it went well

16. fairefaire

kiwi / 526 posts

@Mrs.Someone: So glad it went well! I hope it continues

17. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

@Mrs.Someone: That sounds great! I am glad that it went well for you! There aren't any groups like that in my area, otherwise it's something that I would be willing to try.

18. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@mrs.Someone: that's great! I'm glad it was such a positive experience for you. I hope it can continue to be a good source of support and understanding.

Now to chime in on the other update....

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee