Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Thread Check In - 8/21

1. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@lazypanda: Tons of and coming your way!!! Please keep us updated, no disappearing allowed!!!

2. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@lazypanda: I'm not sure. I'll prob. let DH and the artist hash it out
    @Shutterbug: yes, that was one session. It was about 4 hours.

3. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@lazypanda: Hoping for the best! Keep us posted please!

4. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

Update from me while it's fresh in my mind:

So, I had a scan today. I had a lot of follicles! One that was 20, an 18, and then 2 slightly smaller ones. And then a bunch of 10s and stuff like that. I'm triggering tonight.

I have been been feeling really gross the last few days. Headaches, sick to my stomach and nothing sounds good to eat. Like, I can't even eat the cupcakes I made because it sounds gross to me right now, and that NEVER happens! lol

I asked the doc if it was a side effect of the Puregon (follistim) and she said it couldn't be since I was on such a small dose. Granted, 75 is not a large dose at all, but I think she was full of it. Unless it was from the iron IV I got on Wednesday, but I don't know how that could still be making me sick today. I'm drinking a coke right now, even though I had so much soda this weekend, but it's one of the only things that's appealing. And plus I think some of the headaches may be coming from having no caffeine, since coffee sounds nasty to me right now. It's really weird. Ugh!

OH, and I told the doc that we'd be traveling, and IF we were to get a BFP, would it be a problem traveling with the Heparin injections. She was like, "uhhh, what?" She forgot that she even prescribed this treatment to me. Like WHAT in the EFFF?

::sigh:: I'm more than a little perturbed by this.

And then I told her that my luteal phase was only 11 days last cycle, and I was worried about progesterone. I got her to give me a prescription for it, but only after she was like, "Well, there's never been a reason to be worried about progesterone, but ok...I guess." (And then she said it's never been tested! Something I need to go back and check on.)

And then DH wanted to get another SA if we aren't successful this month, just to check on that end of things. We want to make sure nothing on his end has gone down hill since the last one over a year ago. And again, she "gave in" to our wishes, but only after saying something like, "Well...you've gotten pregnant before, so I really don't think that's an issue, but ok I guess..."

DAMMIT lady, just shut up and do what I want! Why do you care? You're not paying for it.

Sorry, guess I needed to vent!

5. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@lazypanda: Congrats!!

6. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Yikes. She didn't know she give you heparin.

And why hasn't your progesterone been tested.

That's all so frustrating. I'm so sorry.

7. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@bluestriped bee: I know, I was sitting there like, "um...." while she went back and had to re-read a bunch of stuff, and finally found where she wrote that we talked about it. I'm glad DH was with me today, to see that I am not crazy and not making all this stuff up! And when she was reading I heard her reading the part and "remembering" I guess that I had 3 miscarriages. It was in French but she was saying under her breath basically, "Oh right, 3 miscarriages..." I mean come on.

I have to double check about the progesterone. I could have sworn it's been tested. I have all my tests so I need to look.

8. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@FliegepilzHut: @LindsayInNY: @TheSwissWifeStyle: @bluestriped bee: thank you. I am trying to remain cautiously optimistic about this. I'm so full of worry & anxiety wondering whether it's a fluke or not. I'll be going in for beta #1 today, beta #2 scheduled for Wednesday. In the meantime, RE just put in an order for me to take progesterone suppositories every 12 hrs for the next 12 weeks.

@babycanuck: I'm glad you were able to get that surgery scheduled! Will DH go along with you on your work trip?

@TheSwissWifeStyle: yay for having so many good sized follicles! Boo to your doctor not remembering her plan of action for you. I'm glad you were able to advocate for yourself. Is she the one who you had reservations about before? Are there any other REs in your area?

9. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@lazypanda: She's new, the other doctor moved. There might be, but at this point I'm over getting treatment in this country! I've been talking to my insurance about what is covered, and I think I can get testing done while in the US, and possibly IUIs.

10. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@lazypanda: Nope not unless he's been laid off for that month but that's okay! I miss him when I'm gone but it gives us both a bit of space that's nice

11. Sprite

kiwi / 693 posts

@lazypanda: Congrats!!! I haven't had a chance to catch up with everyone on the IF threads, now that my self imposed HB break is over, but I just saw this and am SO happy for you

12. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@Sprite: thank you! My beta was 156.

I hope everyone is doing well. What are everyone's plans for the holiday weekend? DH & I are going hiking this weekend!

13. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@lazypanda: Oh wow! I missed this thread a few days and missed some amazing news! Congrats!!!

My doc said to stop the BCP today and start Gonal on Sat. I was taking BCP for 2 weeks, so should I expect a withdrawal bleed this week?

14. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@lazypanda: Yay!! Do you go back again?

15. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@PurplePumps: @LindsayInNY: thank you! I'll be going in after work today. The RE nurse will call me tomorrow about scheduling my u/s if my numbers double. My IF experience is making me overly anxious about the "what if," like what if this all just a fluke & the sac is empty. Lots of negative thoughts that I'm trying to keep away at the moment until I see the doubling numbers or even better, a heartbeat to make myself believe that this is real. Thank you for allowing me to share ladies.

16. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@lazypanda: Block out any thoughts that are not positive!! Focus on the present and your present state. This IS real!!

17. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@LindsayInNY: thank you! I am now getting excited, my beta results today are 481! More than double Monday's betas! ETA: triple!

As always, I really want to wish everyone a lot of love & luck. There is no way I'd have survived the past 7 months without the support of all the IF ladies. I was already feeling so down & out after my chemical, but it was with the support of all the ladies on here that helped me get through it.

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee